Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Arrested Development Back for One More Season

Yes, you read that correctly.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1197849p1.html
Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Bring that show back but only shown at FX.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
*cough* Movie setup *cough*
Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
*cough* Movie setup *cough*
Any excuse is a great one.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Bateman and Arnett have both confirmed it on Twitter for those doubting.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Oh man, I had the worst day today and this just made my day. Awesome.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Have to wait until 2013 for this. Sad face.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Have to wait until 2013 for this. Sad face.
Didn't it say early 2013? That's literally a year and under a half away. We're getting nine, ten episodes and a movie? That's like having your birthday a month after Christmas.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM

HOLY. SHIT.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I hope the movie is in 3D.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM
So does this mean that Will Arnett is going to have to juggle two shows at the same time since he's also currently in Up All Night.

Although I wouldn't mind him ditching that show for Arrested Development. I always thought Arrested Development was overpraised by it's fans but it's still way better than the so-so Up All Night.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Up All Night will be cancelled soon. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Brilliant!!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Awesome news! 10 more episodes + a movie =
Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
Up All Night will be cancelled soon. I wouldn't worry about it.
Exactly what I was thinking lol. Poor guy just can't catch a break.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
As I am typing this, new Arrested Development is being filmed!!

"So what are your plans for this evening? Ah, yes. The "Bob Loblaw Law Blog". You, sir, are a mouthful."
Old 08-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightAngel View Post
Bring that show back but only shown at FX.
I thought it was supposed to be a Netflix exclusive.

EDIT: oh the site says Netflix or Showtime are possibilities.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:15 PM
It is definitely Netflix. They are the ones that are bringing it back... when it comes out, it will pry bring me back to their Streaming.

And I read that all 10 new episodes will be released at once, which is gnarly.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you for bringing back the funniest show on television!

Last edited by Roy Batty; 08-11-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM
I've only watched around three episodes of the show (Great stuff). My brother is ready to beat the crap out of me for not catching up with it.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Beyond stoked!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Excellent news, considering I already have netflix. I didn't watch AD until about 18 months ago. Sat down over a week and streamed them all and loved EVERY second of the show.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09 PM
My biggest wish for this new season (and/or movie): they cast either Donny Most or Anson Williams as the new Bluth family attorney, thus continuing the running gag of using one of Ron Howard's former Happy Days cohorts in that role.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 PM
The never nude's back.

http://www.popsugar.com/First-Pictur...52857?slide=18
Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post

And I read that all 10 new episodes will be released at once, which is gnarly.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Get your popcorn ready
Old 08-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Love it!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
YEAH, WOOOO!!!!

I am so excited for this, but I must not get my hopes up. If I do and the show/movie sucks I will be utterly disappointed. I must tell you that I am a *HUGE* fan. I also recently saw the first pictures from the filming. Sorry about me being so excited, but I am.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatuis@thekrustykrab View Post
I am so excited for this, but I must not get my hopes up. If I do and the show/movie sucks I will be utterly disappointed. I must tell you that I am a *HUGE* fan. I also recently saw the first pictures from the filming. Sorry about me being so excited, but I am.
I understand your concern, I feel the same way. I'm hoping they keep the magic of the first three seasons by staying true to the characters--which I have no doubt that they will--and providing several nods to today's pop culture.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Roger Sterling himself is set to appear.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 PM
^^^
I peg him being the family's new lawyer, Lucile's new man, company rival, or Tobia's new acting coach.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I understand your concern, I feel the same way. I'm hoping they keep the magic of the first three seasons by staying true to the characters--which I have no doubt that they will--and providing several nods to today's pop culture.
I am kind of nervous about how the public will react, and by public I mean the people who haven't seen the show. They'll probably hate on it because they don't get it or something. It might not make a lot of money like most movies out now who make millions of dollars in the first weekend alone. I hate to be so negative, but I am only being truthful.

Also what I have heard in my research of the new show/movie is that it will be an anthology having an episode for each character. I also found out that Tobias is most likely to be returning as an analrapist.(not to be confused with anal-rapist) It has been said that Lucille Two(Liza Minelli) will not be returning.

Currently I am hoping that Franklin and Gene Parmesan will be back because they are really great. It has also been said that all the episodes will be released on the same day on Netflix Instant Watch. My friends and I decided that it will be one crazy night. I am sure Mitchell Hurwitz and Ron Howard will do an excellent job in this reincarnation of the wonderful masterpiece that is Arrested Development.

Sorry this was a long post, but I am excited.

Last edited by nosferatuis@thekrustykrab; 08-19-2012 at 10:41 AM..
Old 08-31-2012, 06:03 PM
So...
Spoiler:
Kitty, Barry, and Bob Loblaw have been confirmed for this season, per Twitter accounts of Judy Greer and Henry Winkler.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatuis@thekrustykrab View Post
I am kind of nervous about how the public will react, and by public I mean the people who haven't seen the show. They'll probably hate on it because they don't get it or something. It might not make a lot of money like most movies out now who make millions of dollars in the first weekend alone. I hate to be so negative, but I am only being truthful.
Well, I fear this is going to happen as well. This is a show you really need to watch from the beginning to understand it and enjoy it. I remember when it originally aired and I loved it and would try to get people to watch, they hated it as they didn't understand it or know the characters.

I know the people who have never seen the show will hate the movie. AD does now have a huge fan base thanks to Netflix alone...so we all need to pass the word to the non-fans to start now back at the beginning.

I do have another fear in I just have a feeling the actors are going to be over the top. Seems any time any of my formerly loved series comes back for any kind of reunion special, it is terrible. (Okay, does Dallas and The Brady Bunch count? Those reunions were horrible).

Fingers crossed, I am so excited just want it to be as good as it used to be!

The Blueman wannabe Nevernude Analrapist...what's not to love?

Last edited by Glinda; 09-30-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 PM
I dont really have a fear about the gen public on this because it isnt coming out on Fox Sunday nights.. it is coming to Netflix. where you will have to actively seek it out to watch. But with the rest of the series on netflix already, they can catch up before the new season premieres
Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm not worried about the new episodes on Netflix, but at the end of that they are having a big screen full feature movie. So we get the 10 episodes plus a movie!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Okay, I just double checked and although the creator Mitch Hurwitz guaranteed a movie last year, now it is iffy.

I guess we wait and see. That was the original plan anyway.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
I'm not worried about the new episodes on Netflix, but at the end of that they are having a big screen full feature movie. So we get the 10 episodes plus a movie!
Ah touche... i didnt think about the movie. I think the budget should be modest enough that as long as the fans come out to see it, it should turn a profit... pry not looking at over 100 million dollars here, but if they can bring it in on a 25 mil budget, they should be able to recoup that no problem.

(but that will of course mean some of the talent takes cuts on their standard quotes)
Old 05-13-2013, 06:03 PM
It's coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vzVhPCMAxWQ
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm too excited! Love this show.