Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Are You Addicted To Your Phone

Can you do with out the old mobile for 2 days

Well for myself l had the mobile and still cant text proberly

But since we have now got many choices l want one like this

So at least l can use it like a type writer than trying to use one of the old kinds of mobile

But getting back to the addiction of mobiles

Can you do without using it for a day or two

When you go out to the cafe do you ignore your freinds so you can make a impotant comment on your phone

I have had that happen to me and it is not nice to be ignored even though it might be important to the other perosn

Some even go to the toliet and other places so they are always in tonch

I think that is exsteme

This one would be a pain to use and look at those little buttons so small and half of the time you would get the numbers instead of the letters

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-01-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
At least 98% of the entire Australian population is addicted their FUCKING STUPID FUCKING PHONE.
It's pathetic! It's so boring. Every wanker glued to their phone 24/7. Like clones. But not me.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I liked your reponce God of War

I have to agree that most of the Australian population is addicted

Geez does it look as though l am the only one who hates those mobiles my family always passes there old phones to me so they can contact me anywhere

geez the thought of being followed comes to mind grins

Hey God of War so you dont carry your mobile everywhere with you

Do you own one or are you like me where you try and get rid of them

Yes l have to agree that every wanker l like that term is glued to it

I also think that l am the only one who uses the phone box to make my calls when l am out in the public eye

Geez why doesnt Australia have these colourful phoneboxes
We have such drabby old phone boxes

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-01-2012 at 10:26 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Not at all. There are days when I have my phone completely turned off (usually Sundays when I'm watching football).
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I wonder if all men are like you

Geez you wouldnt think a sport like football would make a man turn off his phone

But then you would replace it with a beer
Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 PM
nope. my cell phone is just a basic cell phone barely any bells and whistles. i have the minimal minutes person can have.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Can't stand people playing on their phone while I'm talking to them. I just feel like slapping it out of their hands.

I'm still rocking the old motorola that flips open. I did purchase a good phone for about 700 bucks last year but I dropped it in the toilet while taking a leak and holding a rum.

My wife is all over her phone. I bought her the new iphone last week and I dont think we have spoken two words since she got it. Pretty sure she and Suri are having an affair.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 AM
i'm biased between old school and new school .... my phone is basically for emergency and my job .... the rest know they can reach me online.

If we go eating out somewhere , i'll fucking trash your 500$ iPhone if you use it without merit around a 12 $ pasta plate. My friends know that.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 AM
I only went out to the cafe with a freind a couple of days ago

She was on her phone from the time we got there to the time we left

maybe l could have got her mobile and threw it in the toliet

But the problem is if you are on a contract you can get another replacement so that wouldnt work or solve the problem

hey they say that the Iphone 5 is not a good brand

They say the battery runs out to quickly has that happened to anyone here or have you had huge problems with it
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Unless I'm making/receiving a text or phone call, or checking the time, it sits doing nothing.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Simple phone here...top 4 uses for me:

1) Texting
2) Clock
3) Talking
4) Alarm Clock
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
Simple phone here...top 4 uses for me:

1) Texting
2) Clock
3) Talking
4) Alarm Clock
This

For me lately I have been wanting more and more to just chuck the fucking thing into a lake and be done with it..I really miss the good old days when you called people at home and if they weren't home you called back later...Sure they are great in case of emergencies but other then that they are a giant pain in the ass
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Well l have to say that one thing about the moblie is its ring tones

I did a cheeky thing and got my freinds phone and put the rooster ring tone in force

We were on a train and it was packed

The mobile rang with the tone of a rooster geez it was loud
Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, being in college and having to constantly check my email for updates on my classes, taking audio notes, and checking news applications, I'd have to say yes, I'm addicted to my phone. But everyone has an addiction, so I don't see it being too problematic.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Well what l have been seeing here there there a few who can not do without there phone

But l have to agree l am always checking my email but this is on the computer because l hate mobiles

But do you think that the internet on the mobile has good reception or do you think it is crap
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I do use my phone a LOT for just about every function (from the alarm in the morning to music/news/games on the bus ride to work to the maps for directions and transit info) but don't necessarily think I'm addicted to it. I can and easily have left it on a table forgotten for weekends at a time. When I watch movies or chill in the basement on work days, I generally leave the phone somewhere upstairs and only check it right before bed.

There's nothing more irritating then hanging out with someone only to have them constantly checking their phone/texting/surfing, etc.

I have one friend who does that with his laptop while we're chilling (watching movies, talking, whatever) and it drives me nuts. I can tell he's not really paying attention, either to the movie, or to me.

In contrast, another friend I chill with always puts his phone away and only briefly checks when there's a text alert and pretty much never texts back unless it's important. That's pretty much the way I try to be whenever I hang out with people (unless it's someone I'm profoundly irritated by that I didn't want to talk to in the first place ). I won't pull out my phone unless I get a text alert, and on the occasion that I check, it's just to see if it's something important or an emergency. If it's not, I won't text back until later.

When I go out to pubs with friends, I'm there to chill and socialize, not to play a game on my phone or talk with people I'm not hanging out with.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Well l have to say that sometimes it is nice to test if someone is listening to your conversation when they are on the mobile or computer
I once spoke about something and the only reply l got was Yes I Know

I looked at that person and said well rephase the qestion

Well they couldnt and were dumb foundeed

I also agree when you have a freind doing this when they are out somewhere or at home is rude
Old 10-03-2012, 07:02 AM
My phone is the worst.
Android my ass.
Thing kills the battery with its "wonderfulness" and the GPS doesn't work.
The "talk - write " feature makes my text messages sound like I'm "Torg, Texter from 10,000,000 BC".

I DO need it to keep in contact with family and friends but once they perfect telepathic communication, this phone is GONE.

Yep.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 AM
I have a trac phone.

I have no need for one of those fancy phones like iphones or ipads or whatever. I don't need internet access for my phone. That's what my laptop is for.

I have used my phone as an alarm clock before though. But otherwise, I only use it to contact people.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I have a trac phone.

I have no need for one of those fancy phones like iphones or ipads or whatever. I don't need internet access for my phone. That's what my laptop is for.

I have used my phone as an alarm clock before though. But otherwise, I only use it to contact people.
Cosign on everything. I too own a shitty little tracfone and couldnt be happier about it.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Nope. Only have a basic cell phone with a camera. I order Chinese food, call home to find out if we need milk, and take pictures of a few things. That's it. Only have to charge it every two to three weeks. Honestly...it's like I'm living in the world of the "Invasion of The Body Snatchers/The Twilight Zone" right now. Certainly in the United States. Not just in Australia. And clearly the whole world. What happened in the last decade? The desire to possess a mini-computer and mini-TV on you AT ALL TIMES is stupid. People don't know how to live with a little quiet and simplicity anymore. Everything has become complicated. The evolution of the cell phone in the early 2000's was nice, but it was taken way too far. It was just the beginning of the mega-technology crap that has taken over everything that was once old-school and simple.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Addicted to my phone? Nope.

sent from my iPhone
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I have a trac phone.

Well it is good you use your lap top but what if a virus or something enters your laptop or computer you would have to resort to using your mobile to give you excess to the internet

it has happened to one of my freinds she could use her computer because it had to be fixed so yes she resorted to using her mobile to keep in contact with family, freinds
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Well another thing the mobile and computer has taken over face to face contact

So this is the qestion do you feel as though mobiles and computers have taken over from interacting with real people in life
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Addicted to my phone? Nope.

sent from my iPhone
WINNER!

As far as myself, pretty much. Addicted, like it has to be in my hand 24/7? Absolutely not. But I am on it a fuck load of the time. I probably really wouldn't me, if Twitter didn't exist. I don't really care either.... I am not rude about it however. For example if I'm with someone at dinner or something like that, it never comes outta my pocket, or out of my car. Wouldn't mind having an Iphone (I've gotta Droid right now) though. I'm a bigger fan of Apple than I thought I was, apparently.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I have a regular ol' "unsmart" phone.
I used 40 minutes on it last month.
39 texts.

I pay ten bucks a month, get 50 free texts, and I pay by the minute - about .1 cent per minute - each month on my account.

My phone rings about once a week on average.

So no, I don't think I'm addicted.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Geez that is cheap

We have phone plans where you have certain amount of text and phone calls plus the interent
Plus there is also the prepayed option where you own your phone out right

The best plan in Australia is by Vodaphone where you pay 30 dollars and you get 350 dollars credit to use

i would be interested to know waht type of phone plans there are in other countries

Do you think it is easier to just buy the phone or do you think you are best using a phone paln whee you pay say 129 dollars a month
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM

That's my baby. At least for a couple of years lol.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Your phone looks nice but look at those little buttons they are so small

How do you get the letters to come out of those little buttonss if l tried to use your mobile l would just get the numbers coming out
That is why l like the Iphone at least you have a nice keyboard to get the letters straight away

Umm another thing when l was talking about mobile plans you dont have to put that imformation here
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I have a family plan with my wife (Bantameant) I have the Blackberry bold 9900 and she has the HTC ones through Rogers.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Before reading the following. Remember, I am in favor of people owning phones for the right reason. Cronos pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. Phones have become way too much of a distraction, and many needless accidents have been attibuted to people preoccupied by their phones.

Bondgirl. I only have my phone with me when I am out and about. So, I can be contacted incase of an emergency or anything. You understand. I am not an exhibitionist like 98% of the population out there. I keep it in my back pack or whatever I use to carry stuff around in. I, unlike the majority, don't nurse-maid my phone 24/7. I see so many stupid people walking around like robot clones, as though their phone is a third lung, and they can't exist without it. Sound familiar?. Oooh, I can't live without my fucking phone. Look at me, I have a mobile phone. Hey everyone, can you hear me talking on my phone? Aren't I cool. I got the latest piece of shit mobile phone. I couldn't give a shit. People irritate me no end in this regard. And Bondgirl. You see this all the time too, right?

I'm not aiming my comments solely at people who use phones for what they're intended for. Just the morons who cross roads while texting. Driving while on their phones (a common cause of horrible driving accidents). Those who you talk to, and they can't even look at you while on their all important fucking stupid phone. At the movies, it's the same shit. Look at me everybody, I am on my phone annoying you all with the dumbass light. If I see this I tell them to turn them off. It's pathetic. Sad, and retarded. People talking louder than need be on their phones, which is common, also piss me off. Fuck off with your shit. I don't care, nor do i want to hear it. STFU already. And don't even get me started on phone shops. There's more of them than food outlets now. It makes me wonder how I survived the 80's. When phone booths were around. Remember a phone booth? So, in essence, FUCK people and their mobile/cell phones. There's more to life than having your world revolve around a tiny piece of technology.

Yes. A phone is important in today's busy world. And I will tell you another thing that amuses me. Especially among the Asian population. A few years back, they would all buy the very latest tiniest phones. And then hang so many ornaments on them, that it would defeat the original purpose of having a tiny phone. You would have seen this as well, Bondgirl? It's laughable at best. But the thing is, it's not even funny. SAD!@

Edit - I just wanted to add that a few months ago while I was in my home city of Brisbane, I was behind a Chinese man. I stopped at the lights, and he proceeded to walk across 4 lanes of traffic while playing on his Ipad. Yes, you read that right. I have no clue as to how this man is still among the living. I shook my head, and called him a wanker. He heard me as well. Fuckwit. See, if he gets run over. The driver has to live with that for the rest of their lives. FUCK! People are DUMB!

Last edited by God of War; 10-11-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 AM
I rarely use my phone for anything other than texting my wife. I think I could live without it for a while.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I rarely use my phone for anything other than texting my wife. I think I could live without it for a while.
A phone like everything else has its place. And you my friend are yet another great example of the minority in this regard. Meaning you have alot of common sense when it comes to mobile/cell phones. I am wiling to bet that you would never talk on the phone while behind the wheel of a moving vehicle, right? Unless that vehicle was a complete standstill. I am also willing to bet that you wouldn't be overly preoccupied with a million text messages back and forth while a close friend or family member was trying to have a conversation with you. And lastly, I bet you don't play with your phone all through a movie that you've just paid good money to see, right? Of course you don't. You're a not a jerk like so many others are.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
A phone like everything else has its place. And you my friend are yet another great example of the minority in this regard. Meaning you have alot of common sense when it comes to mobile/cell phones. I am wiling to bet that you would never talk on the phone while behind the wheel of a moving vehicle, right? Unless that vehicle was a complete standstill. I am also willing to bet that you wouldn't be overly preoccupied with a million text messages back and forth while a close friend or family member was trying to have a conversation with you. And lastly, I bet you don't play with your phone all through a movie that you've just paid good money to see, right? Of course you don't. You're a not a jerk like so many others are.

Correct on all counts.

I am a jerk . . . just not for any of those reasons.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I use my phone a fair amount - But I'm not a stupid prick with it. I don't walk around oblivious to what's going on around me because I'm balls deep in a text convo, or browsing the internet... I'm more apt to do those things when I'm chilling on my couch or in a waiting room.

I detest people that talk/text/browse while driving - it's my number 1 pet peeve.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Proudly NOT addicted to my phone. I got a new one in January and the sales guy thought I was insane to get a two year old model. I have to this day not even fully explored it so I am blissfully unaware of it's features. It has buttons, and I like that! Damn those touch screens!!

Only one thing has been the same since I started using a mobile phone: my ringtone. Just love it. It's the phone-ringer-sound at CTU from '24', such a compact and cool frequency.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Nope, but that's probably because I don't have one of those Iphones and what not. I just have a Verizon flip phone with a pretty addiction game called Zuma's Revenge. I could go for a better one, but the one I got is just fine.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't have a phone. I don't like people and I don't like talking to them. Besides that fact it's just another bill to pay.

Most people will say their life lines are their car and cell phone. Mine is only my car(s).
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
I don't have a phone. I don't like people and I don't like talking to them. Besides that fact it's just another bill to pay.

Most people will say their life lines are their car and cell phone. Mine is only my car(s).
Well l like people in general

But l hate being contacted by mobile l like my privacy and hate it when people want to know where l am

i know that is terrible to say that but that is how l feel
Plus they want me to text them but l find it hard on the moblie l was given

maybe if one of one relatives buys me a iphone for christmas they might here from me
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM
I get more shit calls from automated P.O.S. about refinancing my home or lowering my credit interest rate then actually people. Before I was engaged to a girl who is obsessed with her droid and facebook (long drawn out sigh) I would leave the house for a day with out my phone, turn it off for several days straight if I was in in a shitty mood. I use it for the clock, (not a watch wearing guy) calls, and texts. It has a touch screen and querty keyboard but I dont go online with it. My girl says "you should get a droid tooo" I just SMH and sigh.