#1  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Voter ID Laws

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

Quote:
A Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday blocked the state from enforcing its strict voter ID law before the presidential election, citing "disenfranchisement" concerns. The ruling in a vital battleground state comes five weeks before the election.

The ruling, which could still be appealed, followed two days of testimony about the state's efforts to make it easier to get a valid photo ID, as well as possible hurdles for those seeking proper identification.

The challenge to the six-month-old law is one of several across the country to laws -- largely backed by Republican legislators -- requiring voters to show photo identification.

Republicans say the laws are necessary to prevent election fraud. But Democrats, who in Pennsylvania joined up with the AARP and NAACP in opposition, claim residents could be blocked from exercising their right to vote.

Judge Robert Simpson said in his opinion Tuesday he anticipates that by Election Day, "the gap between the photo IDs issued and the estimated need will not be closed."

He added: "Consequently, I am not still convinced in my predictive judgment that there will be no voter disenfranchisement arising out of the Commonwealth's implementation of a voter identification requirement for purposes of the upcoming election."

The ruling blocks the law before November, but would still allow it to go into effect next year. Shannon Royer, the state's deputy secretary of state, said officials are "reviewing all legal options" but said the state is "pleased" the law itself was upheld.

"Under today's ruling, voter ID will be implemented on a different timeframe. This November, all voters will be asked to show photo ID when they vote, though it will not be required," she said in a statement.

The law was already a partisan lightning rod when a top Republican lawmaker boasted over the summer that it would allow Republican nominee Mitt Romney to beat Democratic President Obama in Pennsylvania.

Republicans, long suspicious of ballot-box stuffing in the Democratic bastion of Philadelphia, justified the law as a protection against potential election fraud.

Critics claim it could suppress minority turnout.

The plaintiffs -- a group of registered voters, plus the Homeless Advocacy Project, the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and the Pennsylvania chapter of the NAACP -- had sought to block the law from taking effect in this year's election as part of a wider challenge to its constitutionality.

The judge's decision Tuesday could be appealed to the state Supreme Court, but it could easily be the final word on the law before the Nov. 6 election.

The constitutionality of the law was not a question before the judge.

Other states face similar debates over voting.

The U.S. Supreme Court upheld Indiana's voter ID law in 2008, and Georgia's top court upheld that state's voter ID law. But a federal panel struck down Texas' voter ID law, and the state court in Wisconsin has blocked its voter ID laws for now. The Justice Department cleared New Hampshire's voter ID law earlier this year.
  #2  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Here is the thing to me.....
I need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada
I need my airplane ticket to match exactly my photo id to get on the plane
I need to give several pieces of personal info to get access via phone, cable, credit card, bank, health insurance and every other thing in my life.
I need 7 points of ID to get a drivers license.
I need a photo id to buy liquor or ciggys (I dont smoke)
I need a photo id to get into a club or get my gambling winnings
In some stores I need to show an id to show where I live, because if you live in PA

But to vote all I have to do is show up at the proper place on the proper day and say my name.

Does that make any sort of sense at all? Fuck no, it does not! Voting is important and I am sorry that there are old fucks that have voted fror 50 years and now have to go get an id. They should stop being so selfish and think of the greater good.

PA has been running info ads daily on this.
  #3  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Here is the thing to me.....
I need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada
I need my airplane ticket to match exactly my photo id to get on the plane
I need to give several pieces of personal info to get access via phone, cable, credit card, bank, health insurance and every other thing in my life.
I need 7 points of ID to get a drivers license.
I need a photo id to buy liquor or ciggys (I dont smoke)
I need a photo id to get into a club or get my gambling winnings
In some stores I need to show an id to show where I live, because if you live in PA

But to vote all I have to do is show up at the proper place on the proper day and say my name.

Does that make any sort of sense at all? Fuck no, it does not! Voting is important and I am sorry that there are old fucks that have voted fror 50 years and now have to go get an id. They should stop being so selfish and think of the greater good.

PA has been running info ads daily on this.
Exactly how I feel you have to have a photo idea for so many things in society then you should definitely have one to vote it is, in my opinion, common sense.
  #4  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM
So you're both for free ID cards, a taxi service available to those who need it, and either a government mandated day off to get the ID or 24-7 service at DMVs and RMVs?
  #5  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Here is the thing to me.....
I need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada
I need my airplane ticket to match exactly my photo id to get on the plane
I need to give several pieces of personal info to get access via phone, cable, credit card, bank, health insurance and every other thing in my life.
I need 7 points of ID to get a drivers license.
I need a photo id to buy liquor or ciggys (I dont smoke)
I need a photo id to get into a club or get my gambling winnings
In some stores I need to show an id to show where I live, because if you live in PA

But to vote all I have to do is show up at the proper place on the proper day and say my name.

Does that make any sort of sense at all? Fuck no, it does not! Voting is important and I am sorry that there are old fucks that have voted fror 50 years and now have to go get an id. They should stop being so selfish and think of the greater good.

PA has been running info ads daily on this.
All the reasons you list up there, the reason why ID is needed is because serious abuses without them run rampant, like MILLIONS upon millions of cases.

Voting as it stands now only has 8-10 noted incidents of in-person fraud... in the last 10 years.

Also they decided to put this voter ID law into effect in a voting year, not even in the beginning of the year but the middle of it. Not to mention PA is a state with the least amount of government workers compared to other states and yet somehow they're still expected to be able to handle this increased demand for IDs, process them and have them ready in time for the election?

I really don't have much of a disagreement with requiring ID to vote, but it doesn't make too much sense why they put this into effect THIS year and so late; almost down to the wire. Not to mention in other states, these Voter ID requirements have also come accompanied with shortened early voting dates like in Florida. That measure was denied by the courts. There were also lots of cases of people getting letters saying they were ineligible to vote because they were not US citizens when in fact they actually were because the state used their Driver's License as the manner to check their citizenship, even AFTER advisers told state officials that such a method was unreliable. Once again also in Florida.

Last edited by electriclite; 10-02-2012 at 07:49 PM..
  #6  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
So you're both for free ID cards, a taxi service available to those who need it, and either a government mandated day off to get the ID or 24-7 service at DMVs and RMVs?
If it is absolutely necessary then yes, but you are going to the extreme.
  #7  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Now, let's think about the main catalyst behind these Voter ID requirements, the Republican Party. And why is the Republican Party so hellbent on passing this specific mandate--specifically in the swing states? Well, clearly it isn't to combatant against voter fraud, it's to keep a lot of Democrats from voting, duh! As many have mentioned, unless the states enacting such regulation for Voter IDs, they should provide free IDs, have extended hours for the DMVs, and provide transportation to go to these areas to obtain these IDs because I know in the state of Texas, there's only 18 DMVs in a state that has over 300 districts. I don't think it's a fair comparison going down your list of places that require government issued ID because those aren't rights listed in the Constitution, voting is. Every legal citizen of age has the right.
  #8  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Now, let's think about the main catalyst behind these Voter ID requirements, the Republican Party. And why is the Republican Party so hellbent on passing this specific mandate--specifically in the swing states? Well, clearly it isn't to combatant against voter fraud, it's to keep a lot of Democrats from voting, duh! As many have mentioned, unless the states enacting such regulation for Voter IDs, they should provide free IDs, have extended hours for the DMVs, and provide transportation to go to these areas to obtain these IDs because I know in the state of Texas, there's only 18 DMVs in a state that has over 300 districts. I don't think it's a fair comparison going down your list of places that require government issued ID because those aren't rights listed in the Constitution, voting is. Every legal citizen of age has the right.
Why would it only keep Democrats from voting are you saying Democrats are the only ones who don't have IDs, because if a ID was necessary then everyone would need them including Republicans, so it would stop everyone without an ID from voting not just Democrats.
  #9  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Why would it only keep Democrats from voting are you saying Democrats are the only ones who don't have IDs, because if a ID was necessary then everyone would need them including Republicans, so it would stop everyone without an ID from voting not just Democrats.
No, I'm not saying that at all, I'm simply implying that the key demographics these laws affect are primarily the disabled, racial minorities, and students who typically vote Democrat.
  #10  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
No, I'm not saying that at all, I'm simply implying that the key demographics these laws affect are primarily the disabled, racial minorities, and students who typically vote Democrat.
And I am saying that while the majority of these demographics vote Democrat, Republicans would still use votes but there is no valid reason, with the exception of being disabled that a student or a racial minority couldn't get an ID, I know many students and racial minorities that vote both Democrat and Republican who are able to IDs, and they are from all walks of life.
  #11  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Why would it only keep Democrats from voting are you saying Democrats are the only ones who don't have IDs, because if a ID was necessary then everyone would need them including Republicans, so it would stop everyone without an ID from voting not just Democrats.

The "theory" is that if you look at a district voting map from 2008 you'll see that the large middle of PA voted Republican, while the slim edges of the state, making up the large urban areas of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh voted Democrat and that was enough for the state to vote Democrat. It really wouldn't make much of a dent if some Republican voters were denied voting since such a large number of districts votes in the red there. But since the areas that vote Dem are so small yet decisive one could argue that any hindrance in that area could actually be enough to have the state go Republican in the general election.
  #12  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
And I am saying that while the majority of these demographics vote Democrat, Republicans would still use votes but there is no valid reason, with the exception of being disabled that a student or a racial minority couldn't get an ID, I know many students and racial minorities that vote both Democrat and Republican who are able to IDs, and they are from all walks of life.
So you're basically arguing that even though most people hurt by these laws will be Democrats, that doesn't really matter because a handful of Republicans will be affected by this as well?
  #13  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
So you're basically arguing that even though most people hurt by these laws will be Democrats, that doesn't really matter because a handful of Republicans will be affected by this as well?
Nope not at all. There are valid reasons for these ID laws to be in place and there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to get an ID, try to read my post before making an asinine statement. I am not making this Democrats vs. Republicans that was you.
  #14  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Nope not at all. There are valid reasons for these ID laws to be in place and there is no reason that they shouldn't be able to get an ID, try to read my post before making an asinine statement. I am not making this Democrats vs. Republicans that was you.
I thought I asked a question, not declare a fatuous statement
And this is an issue of Democrats vs. Republicans when one side is clearly the one spearheading this entire nationwide issue.
  #15  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I thought I asked a question, not declare a statement
And this is an issue of Democrats vs. Republicans when one side is clearly the one spearheading this entire nationwide issue.
Ahh my bad I should have said question. I just don't like the concept of electoral fraud, I know that it is rare but it still happens and in a close enough election it could influence the entire outcome of the election. I know for some people it will be difficult for them to get IDs but as long as the systems are in place to facilitate them getting IDs or having proof that they are an US citizen I don't understand what the problem is that's all.
  #16  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
Ahh my bad I should have said question. I just don't like the concept of electoral fraud, I know that it is rare but it still happens and in a close enough election it could influence the entire outcome of the election. I know for some people it will be difficult for them to get IDs but as long as the systems are in place to facilitate them getting IDs or having proof that they are an US citizen I don't understand what the problem is that's all.
I too don't have a problem with the laws, but only under the condition the people are provided with the services to obtain the IDs. For instance, previously I gave the Texas example and how they have a limited number of DMVs and people in other districts have to somehow find transportation to take them 30+ miles from their home, hopefully make it within the DMV's weekly hours, and have the money to afford obtaining a $20-30 license (trust me, to some, that's a lot of money). Also, take into account someone who's legally blind so they can't drive so presenting a license is completely out of the question. I could understand if this voter fraud had thousands of incidents a year, but like someone else mentioned, there's been 8-10 found cases within the last decade.
  #17  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I too don't have a problem with the laws, but only under the condition the people are provided with the services to obtain the IDs. For instance, previously I gave the Texas example and how they have a limited number of DMVs and people in other districts have to somehow find transportation to take them 30+ miles from their home, hopefully make it within the DMV's weekly hours, and have the money to afford obtaining a $20-30 license (trust me, to some, that's a lot of money). Also, take into account someone who's legally blind so they can't drive so presenting a license is completely out of the question. I could understand if this voter fraud had thousands of incidents a year, but like someone else mentioned, there's been 8-10 found cases within the last decade.
I agree and if that law is passed then there must be ways to combat these problems. And that statistic depends on where you look and who you ask.
  #18  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Here is the thing to me.....
I need a passport to go to Mexico and Canada
I need my airplane ticket to match exactly my photo id to get on the plane
I need to give several pieces of personal info to get access via phone, cable, credit card, bank, health insurance and every other thing in my life.
I need 7 points of ID to get a drivers license.
I need a photo id to buy liquor or ciggys (I dont smoke)
I need a photo id to get into a club or get my gambling winnings
In some stores I need to show an id to show where I live, because if you live in PA
You don't have an inalienable right to do any of those things as a citizen. You do have an inalienable right to vote.

Voter fraud is not a real issue, it doesn't happen in an even remotely, infinitesimally significant manner to be a problem.

Voter disenfranchisement is a huge issue that happens every election and robs thousands of eligible citizens of their right to vote, nearly always in the last 12 years at the behest of Republican party operatives doing everything they can to prevent poor people from voting.

Voter ID laws are about one thing and one thing only: stopping the poor, especially black and Latino voters, from voting because they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's not about preventing voter fraud.
  #19  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
You don't have an inalienable right to do any of those things as a citizen. You do have an inalienable right to vote.

Voter fraud is not a real issue, it doesn't happen in an even remotely, infinitesimally significant manner to be a problem.

Voter disenfranchisement is a huge issue that happens every election and robs thousands of eligible citizens of their right to vote, nearly always in the last 12 years at the behest of Republican party operatives doing everything they can to prevent poor people from voting.

Voter ID laws are about one thing and one thing only: stopping the poor, especially black and Latino voters, from voting because they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's not about preventing voter fraud.
But why can they not get an ID if there are systems in place to help facilitate it, what is the problem then?
  #20  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I too don't have a problem with the laws, but only under the condition the people are provided with the services to obtain the IDs. For instance, previously I gave the Texas example and how they have a limited number of DMVs and people in other districts have to somehow find transportation to take them 30+ miles from their home, hopefully make it within the DMV's weekly hours, and have the money to afford obtaining a $20-30 license (trust me, to some, that's a lot of money). Also, take into account someone who's legally blind so they can't drive so presenting a license is completely out of the question. I could understand if this voter fraud had thousands of incidents a year, but like someone else mentioned, there's been 8-10 found cases within the last decade.
Sorry but I have to correct you. It's not just $20-30 for an ID. You have to take into account the costs of any of those primary sources you'd need like a birth certificate, SS card, something you've signed, etc. and then there's any lost wages you'd have for being out of work during the day to make it to that remote DMV/RMV during business hours.

In the end it is quite hard and costs a lot to get an ID... especially how all these ID laws aren't for next year or the year after, they're for next month.
  #21  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Sorry but I have to correct you. It's not just $20-30 for an ID. You have to take into account the costs of any of those primary sources you'd need like a birth certificate, SS card, something you've signed, etc. and then there's any lost wages you'd have for being out of work during the day to make it to that remote DMV/RMV during business hours.

In the end it is quite hard and costs a lot to get an ID... especially how all these ID laws aren't for next year or the year after, they're for next month.
Of course, I'm not undermining the cost for the lower class citizens in an effort to obtain 'official' IDs. I think just providing the last four digits of your social security number would be perfectly fine instead of going through the hassle of trying to get the necessary identification.
  #22  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Well in Australia we have the electtral roll where everyone in Australia is on this plus l nearly forgot about Tasmania

if you dont vote in Australia you are fined

I think if Voting id laws are starting ni America l think it is a good idea it give the normal person the chance to vote in who they want

One thing l want to know before l get it wrong is it for all people to have these ids or if you dont want it can you get out of it

You see the Australian goverment is so diffrent to how you guys vote in a nominee

But like l said if it is simalar to Australia you will vote in who you want instead of politions having a had in who is president in that case
  #23  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Sorry but I have to correct you. It's not just $20-30 for an ID. You have to take into account the costs of any of those primary sources you'd need like a birth certificate, SS card, something you've signed, etc. and then there's any lost wages you'd have for being out of work during the day to make it to that remote DMV/RMV during business hours.

In the end it is quite hard and costs a lot to get an ID... especially how all these ID laws aren't for next year or the year after, they're for next month.
Oh geez this confuses me
Why do you have to hand over money for a id

In Australia you only have to send the paperwork to the electral office

Why is it so complicated in America when they do things thing when a election is held

I know you all think l am silly asking qestions but l would love to learn about Americas elections and other things

I have so many qestions to ask even if they are silly

Like l said Australia runs a diffrent system

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-02-2012 at 08:53 PM..
  #24  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well in Australia we have the electtral roll where everyone in Australia is on this plus l nearly forgot about Tasmania

if you dont vote in Australia you are fined

I think if Voting id laws are starting ni America l think it is a good idea it give the normal person the chance to vote in who they want

One thing l want to know before l get it wrong is it for all people to have these ids or if you dont want it can you get out of it

You see the Australian goverment is so diffrent to how you guys vote in a nominee

But like l said if it is simalar to Australia you will vote in who you want instead of politions having a had in who is president in that case
Compared to other democratic societies, our voter turnout is relatively low. Now, that could be because a lot of these other countries--like yourself--have laws in place that sort of make it an obligation to vote, but with voter ID laws, expect an even lower voter turnout among minorities primarily thus leading to less representation than we already have fueling this American 'Democracy'. But of course, this isn't a democracy, it's a plutocracy.
  #25  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Of course, I'm not undermining the cost for the lower class citizens in an effort to obtain 'official' IDs. I think just providing the last four digits of your social security number would be perfectly fine instead of going through the hassle of trying to get the necessary identification.
Oh I know you're not undermining it. I just wanted to add to your post about the cost for other people's reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Oh geez this confuses me
Why do you have to hand over money for a id
Because everything is for sale in America.
  #26  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 PM
But if you want to vote in someone worth while or have a opinion wouldnt you want to vote in the right person that just anyone

Well in our last Australian election we had a hung parliment where it was a draw between the Liberal and labour these our our main two partys''
In the end our country is run by the greens and the labour party

So like l said even if you have everyone voting it can lead to this but having a chance to vote is good

It is a shame that America doesnt make it law

So another qestion if Id laws are being brought in and they dont help with voting

Why would the American goverment make this id law offiical where it does not have people voting with it

I really do not understand why they would have something like this if it does noting or what is it for and what is its benifits on having one

geez l am full of qestions but l find this interesting and given the chance to learn is great
  #27  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Oh I know you're not undermining it. I just wanted to add to your post about the cost for other people's reference.


Because everything is for sale in America.
Well l do think it is a waste of money if the id law does not benfit the people

Plus adding cost to getting one is not to good

I hope they have concssion for low income people
  #28  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
So you're both for free ID cards, a taxi service available to those who need it, and either a government mandated day off to get the ID or 24-7 service at DMVs and RMVs?
What does needing an id to vote have anything to do with all that other stuff you listed? Nothing? How do these people get around in life? They should already have id for medicare and other life type things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
Voting as it stands now only has 8-10 noted incidents of in-person fraud... in the last 10 years.
.
Seriously? Do you believe that? I guess the fact that yearly hundreds of documented dead people who have voted do not count?
  #29  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Now, let's think about the main catalyst behind these Voter ID requirements, the Republican Party. And why is the Republican Party so hellbent on passing this specific mandate--specifically in the swing states? Well, clearly it isn't to combatant against voter fraud, it's to keep a lot of Democrats from voting, duh! As many have mentioned, unless the states enacting such regulation for Voter IDs, they should provide free IDs, have extended hours for the DMVs, and provide transportation to go to these areas to obtain these IDs because I know in the state of Texas, there's only 18 DMVs in a state that has over 300 districts. I don't think it's a fair comparison going down your list of places that require government issued ID because those aren't rights listed in the Constitution, voting is. Every legal citizen of age has the right.

Now, let's think about the main catalyst behind not wanting voting ids, the democratic party. Fair is fair. Colleges, the media, unions and the majority of minorities all push for the democrats. A tax paying voter counts as much as someone sucking off the system. This is how republicans fight back. Fair is fair. You can't have it both ways.

Free ids and extended hours???? Why can't they pay for their own shit? Who says an id has to expire? It is not a drivers license. The problem of mass ids happens once.

Everyone can vote. Just get an id. Why is that such a problem? It is not like they are going to write down who shows up to see who owes back child support or who has a warrant out on them. Sounds like fear baiting from the left.

Last edited by Erroneous; 10-02-2012 at 09:48 PM..
  #30  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Well a id for medicare would be diffrent to a voting Id Erroneous

Okay if it is not for goverment use meaning the id

What is it for Erroneous
  #31  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
So you're basically arguing that even though most people hurt by these laws will be Democrats, that doesn't really matter because a handful of Republicans will be affected by this as well?
Why does it matter? Get an id and go vote. It is not like we are talking about something really hard to do. Why fight it?
  #32  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Or maybe l might just watch this from the sidelines and see what is what

Bloody hell it is so diffrent from Down Under politics

Bloody hell all we aussies do is go to the electrical place and write down numbers on two pieces of paper and put it in two boxes and then walk out of the door

In America you guys do things so diffrently
  #33  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
What does needing an id to vote have anything to do with all that other stuff you listed? Nothing? How do these people get around in life? They should already have id for medicare and other life type things.
I guess it was too much to expect a smart response from you about this. Oh well.
  #34  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUENTIN View Post
You don't have an inalienable right to do any of those things as a citizen. You do have an inalienable right to vote.

Voter fraud is not a real issue, it doesn't happen in an even remotely, infinitesimally significant manner to be a problem.

Voter disenfranchisement is a huge issue that happens every election and robs thousands of eligible citizens of their right to vote, nearly always in the last 12 years at the behest of Republican party operatives doing everything they can to prevent poor people from voting.

Voter ID laws are about one thing and one thing only: stopping the poor, especially black and Latino voters, from voting because they overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It's not about preventing voter fraud.
Sounds to me like a bunch of excuses and lazy ass people who don't want to join the system. Back 200 plus years ago, there was rampant voter fraud in the cities. In the country and small towns, everyone knew everyone. It is time to get with the times.

There are tons of unreported voter fraud. Most of it happens to favor the democrats and guess who runs the media, so you never hear about it. Just like you never hear about the afghan death toll and exxon quarterly profits like you did with bush.

And are you saying that poor black americans can't or won't get ids? They don't have them now? Why is that? Why is it so hard? Lazy, lazy, lazy
  #35  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Why does it matter? Get an id and go vote. It is not like we are talking about something really hard to do. Why fight it?
Well here l am talking to myself

Well if l was new to America l would be so confused

If l had to get a ID to vote where do you go to get this so you can vote

Erroneous you say it isnt hard but geez if l was over in America l would have a nervous breakdown about what to do

meaning if it is a new id law you wouldnt have a clue what to do

Do they advertise these ids on the American tv
  #36  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpesh View Post
Sorry but I have to correct you. It's not just $20-30 for an ID. You have to take into account the costs of any of those primary sources you'd need like a birth certificate, SS card, something you've signed, etc. and then there's any lost wages you'd have for being out of work during the day to make it to that remote DMV/RMV during business hours.

In the end it is quite hard and costs a lot to get an ID... especially how all these ID laws aren't for next year or the year after, they're for next month.
all excuses. it is a one time thing of something you should already have.
  #37  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well a id for medicare would be diffrent to a voting Id Erroneous

Okay if it is not for goverment use meaning the id

What is it for Erroneous
All the voting id is asking for is a legal form of an id with your picture on it. Your picture on a medicare card would qualify. It is very easy to do, but the lame democrats make excuses.
  #38  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well here l am talking to myself

Well if l was new to America l would be so confused

If l had to get a ID to vote where do you go to get this so you can vote

Erroneous you say it isnt hard but geez if l was over in America l would have a nervous breakdown about what to do

meaning if it is a new id law you wouldnt have a clue what to do

Do they advertise these ids on the American tv
LOL YOu would probably get a drivers license and that counts as an id. It is very simple. For you, it would be different with the visas and what not. My wife who came from a foreign country went the DMV in NJ with her passport and her international driver's license and got an NJ driver's license. Very easy. All you need is the proper paperwork to prove who you are.

You could not vote anyway. You need to be a citizen, which my wife is now. Once a citizen, you have to register to vote.
  #39  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
All the voting id is asking for is a legal form of an id with your picture on it. Your picture on a medicare card would qualify. It is very easy to do, but the lame democrats make excuses.
So you wouldnt have to go out and buy a Voting id card if you have a medicare card
But why cant you use your car lience photo would hte be something you can use too Erroneous

So what are the Democrats saying or on about
What excuses are they making

Geez the Voting Id card is confusing if you dont have all the details in getting one as l see some members are confused plus you have a confused aussie lady looking this in a confused funny manner

Is this card compulsury or can some people opt out of it

Will you get fined if you dont get one Erroneous
  #40  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Seriously? Do you believe that? I guess the fact that yearly hundreds of documented dead people who have voted do not count?
And after review by the Justice Department a lot of those cases turned out to be poll worker errors, people checking off the wrong name, someone voting and then later dying, and living voters having the same name as dead voters. A lot of the "dead voter fraud" allegations arise from flawed matches of death records and voter rolls.



And seeing as how I've lived in Florida, I'm more acquainted with absentee ballot fraud. Our most recent case was a women offering favors and services to seniors in exchange for their absentee ballots. Like 164 absentee ballots.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/0...ccused-of.html

Last edited by electriclite; 10-02-2012 at 10:28 PM..
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump