Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Worst Cartoons from your childhood?

Which cartoons (or any tv series aimed to kids) your remember hating when you were a kid?
For me it was Dennis the Menace. I really, really fucking hated that cartoon. The worst part it usually found the way to air just before my favorite cartoons.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:06 PM
RUGRATS, god I hated that stupid show.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Ed...The Rugrats were my early childhood.

I'm going to have to go with Rocket Power. It was like an early introduction to skaterfag/surfer dude burn outs.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Ahhh! Real Monsters...I didn't get it. It paled in comparison to the rest of SNICK.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Rugrats and Ahh! Real Monsters were-no ARE the shit.

I can't really remember cartoons I disliked because, well, I didn't watch them. I do agree on Rocket Power.

Oh, and Disneys ass raping of Doug really pissed me off. And while this show came out as I was hitting puberty, I still think it counts. Invader Zim. Hate, hate, HATE that fucking show. The stupid Hot Topic/Scene/Indie/Goth/Hipster following it garnered made me hate it ever more. I should love it. It's dark, twisted and has random humor. But its just too random for its own good.

Oh, I hated Ed, Edd, and Eddy and Angry Beavers as well.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I loved Rugrats and thought Aaaahhhh Real Monsters was alright.

I probably liked every cartoon until I was about 9 or 10 and discovered Catdog which I hated for some reason. Also agree with Rocket Power, Disney's Doug, and Ed, Edd, N Eddy. I guess I can add Pokemon. When I was in 5th grade, that shit was a craze and I watch the cartoons and thought "The hell is this shit?"
Old 08-26-2011, 01:37 AM
I remember absolutely hating Catdog and Ed, Edd, and Eddy as well. I also hated Hey, Arnold. Actually I don't think I liked many of the Nickelodeon cartoons at all but I did love Rugrats. I can also remember never liking Ren and Stimpy and alot of other people loved it.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey Arnold! was a weird show for me. It started in 96 when I was 8 and I was indifferent towards it during say the first 3 years. It was really dry and less goofy than the rest of the Nicktoons (even Doug). But, somewhere around 99 or 00 when I was older and understood the jokes and conflicts more, it clicked with me and became one of my favorite Nicktoons.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I was a very simple kid. I think I liked everything.

Except Bonkers. I loved the Disney Afternoon, but Bonkers sucked it up.

And Pirates of Dark Water. Not because it was bad (it was actually a very interesting show) but because it was one of the few cartoons with a very logical ending place (finding all 13 treasures) and they never did it. It really pissed me off.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Old 08-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Scooby-Doo when they added Scooby Dum and Scrappy Doo.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Pinky, Elmira, and The Brain.

I remember thinking that it dumbed down what I thought was a pretty creative and intelligent cartoon for kids. And given the fact that I was a kid and thought it was too dumb, well, that's just not a good sign.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:18 PM
my little pony
strawberry short cake
Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM

I was 5 or 6 when this cartoon was on, and my 1st full name is Christopher, but my classmates would call me Kissyfur and that is why I hated this show as a young lad lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
I hated The Littles. I mean hated with a passion. Also could not stand Inspector Gadget, Captain Caveman (or most Hanna-Barbara sci-fi/fantasy stuff for that matter), Scooby fucking Doo, The Smurfs, Clutch Cargo, Speedy Gonzales.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I almost forgot....

Road Runner and Coyote
Sylvester when he had his nephew or if they had the kangaroo they'd think was a giant mouse.
Tom & Jerry when they stopped chasing each other and were friends
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Dissing Rugrats is just a no-no in my book. I still watch that show when I can. So good.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Dissing Rugrats is just a no-no in my book. I still watch that show when I can. So good.
The original run holds up surprisingly well and is really clever at points. Once, they came back from hiatus and added Dil and had less jokes for adults to enjoy is when it went to crap. Same thing happened to Spongebob when it came back from hiatus.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
The original run holds up surprisingly well and is really clever at points. Once, they came back from hiatus and added Dil and had less jokes for adults to enjoy is when it went to crap. Same thing happened to Spongebob when it came back from hiatus.
Yep. The first few Spongebob seasons were great and so was Rugrats.

I can't remember any cartoons that I really hated from my childhood.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone View Post
Scooby-Doo when they added Scooby Dum and Scrappy Doo.
that and the 13th Ghosts of Scooby Doo serie.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I caught this thread about a week ago, and started thinking about it ..

But strangely enough, I could only remember two cartoons that I watched, and not even religiously.. This didn't make sense to me, what kid doesn't watch cartoons? It's kinda weird, right? So I decided to ask my mom, she has a great memory, and I just had to be wrong!

This is a copy of our Skype convo:

me: Mom, do you remember which cartoons I watched when I was a shortie?
mom: You didn't watch cartoons.
me: .. Can't be, every kid watches cartoons.
mom: You didn't.
me: Mom, seriously, think about it and get back to me, ok?
mom: Hold on, you did watch some science fiction cartoon on a French channel, but that's about it.. I think it was a 'grown up cartoon'..
me: Yeah I remember that one too.. What else?
mom: How many times do you want to hear the same thing? You did not watch cartoons! You were into 'real' stuff from the start, and anything science fiction.. You nagged me for weeks because you wanted to go to the cinema to see "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind", and you were only like 5 or 6 years old.. !!

Okidoki then ..
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Captain Planet
Old 09-06-2012, 07:06 AM
ii can't belive you don't like Dennis the Menace it one of my all time favoites

ONE I REMBER LIKING
Dennis the Menace
AHH REAL MOSNTER IUSEDTO WATCH IT I DON'T REMBER IT MUCH I LIKED IT

ONE REMBER NOT LIKING
Super friends i didn't ike the narrtion
under dog i couldn'tgetinto under dog
speed racer
Rocky and bull winkler i rember not liking it itwasstupid
Fraggle Rock not Carton but mummpets my brother loved it i coulnd't get into it
ren and stempy to stupid and gross
the banna splits i couldnt geti into it
h andr puf n stuff i couldn't stand this show used to watch reurnin of this on tv land late weekends. i couldn't get into it it was just too silly and stupid
Mr rogers i couldn't stand him i used to watch it when i was little then i saw reuin i didn't like it
Barny i never watched as a kid i think i was teaager when it came out so i didn't like it
blue clues i rember watching when i was a teeangeger i rember think this is aweful show boy was it chessey

right now i can't stnad Spongebob i hate the voice of spong bob and the theme song

Last edited by heathjack; 09-06-2012 at 07:10 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
i hate Tom and Jerry. my brother was addicted to it. but i wasn't he kept watching it over and over again.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Ghostbusters

Denver the Last Dinosaur

JabberJaw
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM
cartoons

i liked Denver the Last Dinosaur i forgot what it was about i rember watching it on usa in the morings before iwent to shcool i also like ghost buster which ghost buster areyou talking about? one was the one with the ape i don't like it then they came out with the real ghost busters. i liked it.

any one liked these cartons?
super mario brother super show
swat kats
static shock
mummpet babies
doug
bobbys world
teeange mutnat ninja turltes
johnny bravo
power puff grils
dextor labtory i used to love that and johny bravo
top cat
the jetsons
the flistones
the flistone kids
scooby doo were are you?
a pup named scooby doo
heath cliff
droopy
the surmfs
wait unitl your father gets home
popeye
duck tails
goof troop
he-man master of the unisver
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Oh how I loved this show. This was not on in my own time, but in my kids' time. Even if the kids were not home I watched it myself.

Far as cartoons I hated in my time one was Johnny Quest and another was Bullwinkle. Johnny Quest especially.

When you went to children's movies back then they always had a cartoon before the movie, and if it was a Disney movie it would be a Disney cartoon. Like Mickey, Donald, etc. I was never wild about those cartoons really. Cute, but kind of boring I thought as a kid.

Then in my kids' time I absolutely hated The Smurfs. I am glad my kids didn't watch it much as it would have driven me crazy.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
The worst thing about the Smurfs was the overuse of the very word as a noun, verb, adjective and adverb.

"Smurf you!"
"Smurf me? Smurf YOU, you mother-smurfer!"
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edonline View Post
The worst thing about the Smurfs was the overuse of the very word as a noun, verb, adjective and adverb.

"Smurf you!"
"Smurf me? Smurf YOU, you mother-smurfer!"
Exactly!!! I saw a trailer a while back for a new Smurf movie and that has not changed. A whole movie of that? No thanks.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 PM
if i may add ....

Biker Mice From Mars
Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM

Worst ones I remember watching:

Pinocchio: The stop motion series that was barely in color.
Wizard of Oz: The 60's version, worst animation ever.
The Get Along Gang: Care Bears called to say this was preachy and stupid.
The Snorks: Okay let's just admit that 95% of the cartoons from the 80's were just infomercials.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
if i may add ....

Biker Mice From Mars
Man, I loved that show!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I didn't like Scooby-Doo that much to begin with, but it got worse with Scrappy-Doo. That annoying little shit can kiss my ass.

Same with that old Godzilla cartoon that had Godzuki or however you spell it.

I don't remember actively hating any cartoons, but I did avoid Captain Planet (found it too preachy and corny), James Bond Jr. (crap) and the Street Sharks, AKA a lame attempt to be Ninja Turtles-like hip and cool that went horribly wrong.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree, Captain Planet was fucking abysmal.

Actually watching a few G.I. Joe episodes from the 80's.... While I enjoyed it as a kid, it's SO bad! But in a "so bad it's good" kinda nostalgic way.