Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Twilight Zone

Well Matt Reeves is no longer attached due to scheduling conflicts, and WB has placed the project on ODA - "open directing assignment" - so they're looking for new directors. Before they had Nolan in mind and a few others.

So this is a good time to fantasize about who'd be a good contender. I'd definitely love to see Nolan do it, but I doubt he'd take this on - and if he does, well that just makes me giddy with excitement. I love the original series, currently on Season 3, I've been spreading it out since May of 2010. Though if it isn't Nolan, I'd gladly love to see Drew Goddard take this on. Cabin In The Woods proved to be a refreshing take on horror, not to mention the entire last act is like an episode of Twilight Zone.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:55 AM
The potential is HUGE for this film.

There are a number of directors you could choose from to make awesome segments in this.

My wishlist would be

Nolan, Fincher & Duncan Jones
Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Well the "bad" news is that it's going to be one singular storyline, as opposed to vignettes. However they want to incorporate/cram in themes that made the series great, which already in itself IS potential for something interesting. I'd love it if Goddard took it on, hell, Joss Whedon and Goddard as a team again would be pretty cool, but I doubt it'll come to that.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Awesome news! I just bought the original Twilight Zone: The Movie yesterday, as a matter of fact.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 AM
I am a big fan of this movie. Its essence should remain constant with the new director also.