Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 AM
RE6 is getting alot of bad reviews. When I first played the demo, I wasn't impressed at all. Now that I have the full game, I am enjoying it. But as I stated over a week ago, I hated the controls. They suck. But I have adapted. It's RE. And I love RE. And furthermore, I have to agree with alot of what that Gamespot reviewer said. Too many QTE. RE5 didn't have that. I still think Re5 is a solid game. With an enormous amount of tilt value. Mercs reunion, team slayers, and Desperate Escape are all still amazing fun for me, even after 3 years of playing it. I personally feel that RE6 is trying too hard. But that won't curb my enthusiasm in obtaining a platinum. 31% already. Professional is going ot be a real bitch with the crappy controls. Oh well, at least there's alot of checkpoints.

Have fun with RE6, guys.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Played the prelude last night and there were quite a few QTE's in it but they were fine. The idea that these things have no place is nonsense. When used right they can add quite a bit of panic and desperation to what you're doing. But like anything they can be over used and clearly there are varying lvls of tolerance for them.

And i'm not saying that the GS reviewer was wrong or stupid but that he mistakingly spends way too much time bitching about cut scenes and QTE's without any detail at all about things like the Skill system and bare minimum info about things like Agent Hunter mode (i think he mentions it once).

I had a good look at the Skill System last night and was pleased with what i saw. They get pretty creative with some of the bonuses, stuff like the closer you are to you AI partner the more damage they do or being able to revive a team mate from further away. Also the fact that they split the campaign skills from the Merc skills is interesting.

Can't wait to play some more tonight.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I beat Leon's campaign this afternoon (I'm the "go for the ride" type of gamers, so I played amateur difficulty), and I enjoyed it for the most part. The Chris Redfield campaign is certainly more Gears of War-type of gameplay, but the more I get used to the cover controls, the more I enjoy myself.

Consider me a fan for now.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Up your skill levels in both mercs and in campaign, You'll need it in vet or higher.

This game is broken. I have found some weird shit. Lol

I jakes campaign, you can attack him with sherry. Wtf? I am in this hut in the snow, and I was pounding him.

Also in mercs, when you hold down circle button, and make coments, if you are moving, you move in circes trying to find your partner. They need to patch this. Its annoying as fuck.

Ive got a few S rankings on mercs. It gets insane hard ihe last 30 seconds if you get over 100 combo and over 250,000. Its chaos. lol
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Capcom has announced three new gameplay modes coming to Resident Evil 6 as post-launch downloadable content:

Survivors Mode will let players respawn as enemies when they’re killed and attack humans. Killing two characters will allow players to respawn as a human, and the last man or team standing wins.

Predator Mode has one player take the role of the Ustanak, a “fearsome B.O.W.” that other players will have to try to kill. Players will have to try to kill the Ustanak before time runs out, “or at least survive until the end of the session.”

Siege Mode will have two teams (one human, one enemy) and a single non-playable character. The human team will be tasked with protecting the NPC, while the other team will try to kill them. If the NPC is still alive when the game ends, the human team wins.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HyDe807 View Post
I beat Leon's campaign this afternoon (I'm the "go for the ride" type of gamers, so I played amateur difficulty), and I enjoyed it for the most part. The Chris Redfield campaign is certainly more Gears of War-type of gameplay, but the more I get used to the cover controls, the more I enjoy myself.

Consider me a fan for now.
Leon's campaign is the one I really want to play. It's allegedly the creepier, more atmospheric campaign, which is what made me fall in love with Resident Evil in the first place. Plus, I like Leon's games the most.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 AM
This game sux in any multiplayer mode. Which is all of them, except Ada's.

HELLO?

Is nobody even noticing the issues this crappy game has?

Last edited by God of War; 10-08-2012 at 05:25 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Finally gotten some time to play the story mode, only have had time to playaround in Mercs so far. Liking Leon's campaign so far. Not really running into a lot of QTE's which is nice. Got through the first chapter and don't have much complaint. I'm liking the variety of zombies as well. Ran into about 4 different kinds so far.

Was nice to see that i could make use odthe skills right away after completinghte first chapter. I was was worried aobut how much pts drop in a chapter but i got just over 10k in chapter 1 which got me enough of some of the cheaper skills to fill the 3 slots. Can't wait to play some more tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
This game sux in any multiplayer mode. Which is all of them, except Ada's.

HELLO?

Is nobody even noticing the issues this crappy game has?
I haven't played any online play yet and probably wont play online unless im playing with someone on my firends list.

What problems are you having? Poor connection? Stupid partners? Poor senario/lvl design?
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
any multiplayer online game has server issues. Time outs. connection errors.

All the time. Its fucked. Mercs, campaigns. All of it. I'm like wtf? Patch it already.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
any multiplayer online game has server issues. Time outs. connection errors.

All the time. Its fucked. Mercs, campaigns. All of it. I'm like wtf? Patch it already.
Ah i see, yeah that sucks and is in need of patching. Hopefully they get on that quickly.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
Ah i see, yeah that sucks and is in need of patching. Hopefully they get on that quickly.
Yes. And guess what? I lost all my saved data. I had done all campaigns, and my ps3 froze up due to the game. I lost it all. Im at 60% trophys still. Just have to replay. Be careful you guys. Ok. There's alot of issues with RE6. Both the disc version, and the digital versions. Be careful.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Yes. And guess what? I lost all my saved data. I had done all campaigns, and my ps3 froze up due to the game. I lost it all. Im at 60% trophys still. Just have to replay. Be careful you guys. Ok. There's alot of issues with RE6. Both the disc version, and the digital versions. Be careful.
Jheeeeeze that sucks!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 AM
I really fuckin' hate this game now.
For many reasons which I'm not gonna go into.
Fuck Resident Evil 6.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:55 AM

Just finished all campaigns. I gotta say I enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I was going to.
I was expecting to hate Redfield's story and it ended up being my favorite. The boss battle was the toughest for me and the it had a nice twist ending.
Overall, I'd give this game a 7.5 or and 8.
Probably towards the bottom of the pack but ahead of Nemesis and RE0 IMHO.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I've barely had any time to play since picking the game up. I'm only halfway or so through Leon's second chapter Been helping my dad with some renovations but those are coming to a close so im looking forward to playing some more.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Well, that game was mildly fun. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be trading it in at Gamestop to pick up Borderlands 2.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:08 AM
I've had a great time playing it so far. I haven't had as much time as I would like to dedicate to it, but I've beaten Leon's and Chris' campaign. I also have all S ranks on all characters and all levels I've unlocked in mercenaries. In other words, I've been having as much fun with it as I possibly can at the moment.

Soon I'll be trying to collect all of the trophies. If anyone's playing on PS3 you should swing me a PM and we'll play together.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Some updates coming:

Quote:
Camera-adjustment update coming to Resident Evil 6
October 25, 2012 5:48AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Free update coming to Capcom's zombie shooter allows users to widen camera view; also adds instantly playable Ada Wong campaign and No Hope difficulty.

Gamers who found Resident Evil 6's camera angles too tight are in luck. Capcom has announced that a new free update for the game will allow users to widen the view to see more of the surrounding area. The difference is demonstrated in the screenshot below.

Players already content with the camera won't be forced into the new view, as the wider angle is an optional feature. The update is scheduled to go live on all platforms sometime in mid-December.

Capcom also announced that the free Resident Evil 6 update will add new language and subtitle options. With the update applied, gamers can mix English audio with subtitles in another language.

Lastly, the update makes the Ada Wong campaign playable from the get-go. Previously, her campaign was only playable after players completed the game's three other story arcs. Additionally, a new co-op partner will be added to Ada Wong's campaign, though gamers can play through the missions alone if they wish.
So a new camera setting, PLayable Ada from the get go and the addition of a co-op character into Ada's champaign. Personally i think the only valuable thing is getting to co-op Ada's lvls. The other stuff is either manageable or needless.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Nice update. Vesaker.

Also there are 4 new mercs maps coming. I have seen them. They are cool.

Plus predator mode and two other modes.

WHAT IS NO HOPE DIFFICULTY? HARDER THAN PRO?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 AM
NEW MERCS MAPS

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rcenaries-Maps
Old 10-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Nice update. Vesaker.

Also there are 4 new mercs maps coming. I have seen them. They are cool.

Plus predator mode and two other modes.

WHAT IS NO HOPE DIFFICULTY? HARDER THAN PRO?
Yeah i would assume that No Hope difficulty would be the hardest one. Should be crazy, i've only played Prof mode on RE4 and it was crazy hard to beat the game. If i recall the only reason i passed the final Krauser fight was cause he got himself stuck in a corner and i was able to just unload my guns into him.

No Hope will be crazy go nuts.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 PM
dbl post
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Saw this on game spot and just had to share:

Quote:
Cliff Bleszinski offers to help 'fix' Resident Evil
October 29, 2012 7:10AM PDT
By Eddie Makuch, News Editor

Former Gears of War designer says he wants to aid Capcom in addressing unspecified issues with long-running franchise.

Former Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski has offered to help Capcom "fix" the Resident Evil franchise.

"Hey, Capcom. Call me," he said over Twitter. "We can fix Resident Evil. Together."

Bleszinski did not go into any further detail regarding why he believes the Resident Evil franchise would need fixing. However, it is likely he is referring to the franchise's latest effort, Resident Evil 6, which shipped this month behind very mixed reviews.

Bleszinski left Epic Games after 20 years with the company earlier this month. At the time, he said it was "time for a much needed break" before embarking on the "next stage" of his career.

It is not clear where Bleszinski is headed, though his Twitter feed of late has led to much speculation. Since leaving Epic Games, Bleszinski has visited the offices of Activision, Zynga, Double Fine, and Electronic Arts. He has also met with God of War and Twisted Metal designer David Jaffe.
Source

Is this guy a fucking idiot or something? Does he not realize that a lot of the complaint about the RE franchise in past years is that its become too much of a Gears of War clone? So now we have the creator of Gears of War offering to "fix" the game.

What an ill informed douche bag.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:

Is this guy a fucking idiot or something? Does he not realize that a lot of the complaint about the RE franchise in past years is that its become too much of a Gears of War clone? So now we have the creator of Gears of War offering to "fix" the game.

What an ill informed douche bag.
I think RE is in a very tough situation. On the one hand, people complained about the controls being too old-school (like not being able to move and shoot at the same time). On the other hand, it's lately become too much of an action game and not enough of a survival-horror game (particularly with RE5). It's really hard to balance the action aspect while still maintaining the survival-horror aspect. One of the heart-pounding things about the older games was trying to find enough room so you can slowly take aim and shoot before an enemy closed in on you.

Anyway, I'm yet to play 6, but I haven't heard great things about it. Coupled with the less-than-stellar opinions of 5, and I think it's clear that RE has lost its touch. Is Bleszinski the answer? It's possible. If he's a true, original fan, he might be able to bring it back to its roots while also modernizing it (kind of like JJ Abrams with the Star Trek reboot). I don't know enough about the dude personally.

My biggest complaint about the series is that the story has become too muddled. Too many viruses, too much of what appears to be revisionist history, too many characters playing too many angles... I actually loved the first 4 games for their story (by "first 4," I mean RE1, RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica). It's become too hard to follow since, although RE0 was nice in theory.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I think RE is in a very tough situation. On the one hand, people complained about the controls being too old-school (like not being able to move and shoot at the same time). On the other hand, it's lately become too much of an action game and not enough of a survival-horror game (particularly with RE5). It's really hard to balance the action aspect while still maintaining the survival-horror aspect. One of the heart-pounding things about the older games was trying to find enough room so you can slowly take aim and shoot before an enemy closed in on you.

Anyway, I'm yet to play 6, but I haven't heard great things about it. Coupled with the less-than-stellar opinions of 5, and I think it's clear that RE has lost its touch. Is Bleszinski the answer? It's possible. If he's a true, original fan, he might be able to bring it back to its roots while also modernizing it (kind of like JJ Abrams with the Star Trek reboot). I don't know enough about the dude personally.

My biggest complaint about the series is that the story has become too muddled. Too many viruses, too much of what appears to be revisionist history, too many characters playing too many angles... I actually loved the first 4 games for their story (by "first 4," I mean RE1, RE2, RE3, and Code Veronica). It's become too hard to follow since, although RE0 was nice in theory.
From interviews that i've seen of him Bleszinski is pretty full of himself. This idea of him "fixing" RE is most likely more of an exercise of proving to ppl how awesome he is as opposed to some sort of die hard fan that wants to take it back to its roots.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
So i finally got around to finishing Leon's mission and i have 2 things to take away from it in particular.

First, over all, it was pretty fun. There were a couple of moments where i got annoyed at something the game did, like highjacking the camera, but they were mostly few and far between.

Now that said..... the 5th chapter was very poorly done. I mean there really were just too many cut scenes. Mix that with a few spots where there is almost nothing to do but run from one end of a hall or ascend a flight of stairs before the next cut scene starts was brutal. Chapters 1-4 were very well paced imo but chapter 5 was just badly put together.

One other things actually. I finally played for the first time with a human partner (local split screen) and was very surprised to see that my partner had nothing more then a Handgun and the Hydra (which uses differnt shells from your shotgun). It didn't make any sense. I know i recall seeing my AI partner holding a machine gun or shotgun at times when i had a similar gun out myself yet when the human player took over (half way through chapter 4) none of those guns were there. It was a little annoying.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm not familiar with the guy's work, but I agree with him that the franchise needs fixing.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
From interviews that i've seen of him Bleszinski is pretty full of himself. This idea of him "fixing" RE is most likely more of an exercise of proving to ppl how awesome he is as opposed to some sort of die hard fan that wants to take it back to its roots.
Well, in that case, I agree with you. Bad idea.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM
So i'm playing through Chris's chapters when i have the time to play these days and something funny occurred to me, Chris is some kind of crazy time traveling psychic!

Chapter 2 has Chris "remembering" (this is just a flimsy framing device to mask his supernatural powers) losing his squad a few years earlier. Now Capcom would have succeeded in pulling the wool over our collective eyes if not for their one crucial mistake, the shot gun.

Chris kneels down at the end of Chap 1 armed with nothing more then his machine gun, hand gun and knife (in terms of non consumable weapons) remembers picking up a shot gun 2 years prior (Chap 2) and then stands up back in the present at the start of Chap 3 with said shot gun in his possession!

We're on to you Capcom!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Well spotted, Vesaker. Capcom... lol

I only play Mercenaries now. The campaigns don't interest me anymore.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Well spotted, Vesaker. Capcom... lol

I only play Mercenaries now. The campaigns don't interest me anymore.
Yeah i just haven't had the time to play through them yet and i need to unlock those last 2 Mercs lvls still so im playing through. Love Mercs though.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=7LrVou1Jo7w
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
heh, that's pretty good.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM
i think its fun
Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JQClT14ZgI
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Cool stuff. Onslaught looks like lots of fun, Survivor looks hilarious and Predator looks boring as hell as you seem to just sort of all stand around and shoot the monster.