Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Xmas season shopping

I was in a Walmart over the weekend and my local Walmart has all their xmas shit out already in the sorta outdoor section of the store. It is Oct 6th!!!! What the fuck is that all about?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM
It's about making money.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
FUCK XMAS
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Has Halloween become Christmas: The Prequel?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
Has Halloween become Christmas: The Prequel?
What does that make Thanksgiving then?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I work in retail (not walmart) and it's the same everywhere. I fucking hate it. It's literally ruined Christmas for me because I have to stare at the stuff for 6 months of the year (it comes in August and doesn't all trickle out until February). The Xmas stuff actually starts to slowly appear at the end of August if you're really looking. By the last week in September, it's taken over stores (not only where I work, but I've seen the same at 2 other stores as well). Thanksgiving no longer exists and Halloween is long over by now; it had about a week to it's self in August before the Xmas shit starting pushing it out. It seems to come earlier every year. I try to avoid looking at all that crap when I work, but yesterday I was right in the middle of it all. I had a number of customers complaining about it, but some people must be buying this shit this early if it keeps coming so early. Either that or it's a marketing tactic to make people buy other shit for gifts early.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
It's about making money.
This.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
Here's the order of the Christmas Trilogy:
  • Halloween = Christmas: The Prequel
  • Thanksgiving = Christmas: Part One
  • Christmas = Christmas: Part Two

...because you should never go past Two

Last edited by Exophrine; 10-09-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Well l have to also agree that christmas decorations and all the things about christmas are put on the shelfs around this time of year

But l have to say that my hometown has not started this yet which is very starnge

Also after christmas they start putting easter buns and following this comes the easter eggs

Last edited by Bondgirl; 10-09-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
FUCK XMAS
Dont you like Father Christmas and all the goodies he brings with him in his huge red sack God of War
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:

The warm up to Black Friday.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
The warm up to Black Friday.
People actually stay home for Thanksgiving though. At least where I live they do.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Quote:
People actually stay home for Thanksgiving though. At least where I live they do.
LOL, not anymore! A few years ago, K-Mart started opening up on Thanksgiving day, and, guess what? Now tons of stores have followed their lead. Wal Mart is open all day on Thanksgiving, among many other stores (so far Target and Best Buy have not followed).

Hell, it's only a matter of time before stores start opening up Christmas night for those who want to get started early on their returns and/or spend gift cards.

On a side note, I initially thought this thread was going to be about trying to get your Christmas shopping done on time, and I was going to gloat about how I always try to have all my shopping done by Thanksgiving (and usually do). This year I might be done by Halloween.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Dont you like Father Christmas and all the goodies he brings with him in his huge red sack God of War
No. I don't accept gifts from strangers. Especially the ones who carry them in their scrotum
Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
No. I don't accept gifts from strangers. Especially the ones who carry them in their scrotum
So my annual face-splashing liquid is out of the question then?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Ah the one thing l hate is scotum givers they are a pain at christmas time

Of cause you wouldnt receive gifts from strangers but l bet you get plenty from your family members

One thing about Christmas was that a few years ago l wanted to buy a christmas tree and the cheapest was around 180 dollars

But me the bargain hunter decided to shop around and l went to target and guess what they were selling trees for 5 dollars they were throwing these christmas trees out before christmas

The Christmas tree l bought for 5 dollarrs was worth 200 dollars

Another thing about christmas is buying christmas presents for family you never know what to buy them
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Kinda what I was thinking.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 AM
I was in the Phillipeans during October and the outlets already had Christmas decorations and ads set up. My co-worker then pointed out a day or two after that it's the only time in the year when people get new things, kids to get new shoes and clothes, whatever have you. I can see where that comes from

Our ship is celebrating another Christmas party this year, of course fine go ahead...... but with 60,000$ in prizes, all useless shit I do not need.

Merry fucking christmas

Apparently Christmas for me is all over the place from delicate nostalgia, to bitter anger, then giving up and accepting it again. At least we wish each other luck and happiness even if it lasts about a week. It's about what you can get now, even if it's short term lasting.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Well the christmas decorations are up in the shops and outside too

I have just started my christmas shopping a week ago l know l shoul;d have started earlier

But things have come down in price meaning christmas stuff which you would only have to look back a few years ago and things were quite expensive so you would look instead of buying