Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM
This movie will BOMB! It looks atrocious. Director Paul Verhoeven has nothing to worry about.
His iconic cult film, Robocop, will be still leagues ahead of this crap. Even after almost 27 years. Lmao
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:58 PM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=68650

Robocop remake crapola confirmed as Robobike is shown...oh yes. PG-13 here we come.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
This movie will BOMB! It looks atrocious. Director Paul Verhoeven has nothing to worry about.
His iconic cult film, Robocop, will be still leagues ahead of this crap. Even after almost 27 years. Lmao
Why would Verhoeven have anything to worry about either way? It's not like he's in competition with the new film. Besides, as someone once reminded me on here, a remake's quality has no bearing on the quality of the former film. The original film will always exist, just like it has for the past how many years, despite the fact that the remake will introduce a whole new generation to Robocop.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Still gonna give it the benefit of the doubt until the trailer, but boy Padilha is probably getting really screwed, even with the two Elite Squad films that show he can handle serious content in a realistic manner - this is heading into weak ass territory.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Delayed until 2014, this movie is fucked:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95932
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
I believe I have reached the last stage; acceptance.

This movie will blow balls.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
Why would Verhoeven have anything to worry about either way? It's not like he's in competition with the new film. Besides, as someone once reminded me on here, a remake's quality has no bearing on the quality of the former film. The original film will always exist, just like it has for the past how many years, despite the fact that the remake will introduce a whole new generation to Robocop.
I never said he had anything to worry about. You are able to read between the lines, no? What I meant by my comment was that despite the retarded efforts to remake PV' masterpiece, this new age POS won't even be a shadow of the of his film. When a shitty remake is released, and it is SHIT. I now simply ignore it. But it can tarnish the original films reputation. How so? Because for those movie goers who will go and see the remake and be severely disappointed by it, they may have no clue it is based upon an original work. Thus, you tell them this, and they think that would also be shit.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Delayed until 2014, this movie is fucked:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95932
Yes. Because they suddenly got a clue, and realized it looks like shit. So, they are re-filming. That's my theory
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Yes. Because they suddenly got a clue, and realized it looks like shit. So, they are re-filming. That's my theory
They're re-filming the filming. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Robobike anyone...






Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM
it's too bad if this is a PG-13 movie but I love the original so much I'll have to watch it and if it does stink it won't be a big deal because I have the original to cling to. this new generation and the people who haven't seen the original are the ones that are going to miss out
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I never said he had anything to worry about. You are able to read between the lines, no? What I meant by my comment was that despite the retarded efforts to remake PV' masterpiece, this new age POS won't even be a shadow of the of his film. When a shitty remake is released, and it is SHIT. I now simply ignore it. But it can tarnish the original films reputation. How so? Because for those movie goers who will go and see the remake and be severely disappointed by it, they may have no clue it is based upon an original work. Thus, you tell them this, and they think that would also be shit.
Pardon my French, but that logic is simply bullshit. If something gets remade, then you automatically have to assume that whatever the remake was based on, it obviously had some credibility to it. Otherwise, why would anyone remake it?

Also, no, I can't read your mind because, suprise surprise, unless someone's sarcastic or disingenious tone is apparent enough, I'm going to take their words at face value. Thus, if you type the words, "Verhoven has nothing to worry about," without a hint of insincerity or another meaning apparent in your sentence, I will interpret your words as being equivalent to your feelings on the subject.


But even after typing this response to you, I have to admit that my personal feelings towards the project are growing more negative due to the recent news of delays and refilming. However, I would of still given this film the benefit of the doubt if I hadn't heard this news, at least until the trailer was released. There's nothing wrong with rebooting and remaking something if you have something to add or a new take for an old franchise. How can anyone complain about this type of shit when the Bond franchise has 23 movies and has been rebooted and reinvented several times?

Last edited by psycheoutsteve; 10-28-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTx7LKNXT80
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:47 PM
I really hope this somehow works out well.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I heard this might be pg-13 kind of disappointing.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM

PG 13 you say? Fuck this shit.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm View Post
I heard this might be pg-13 kind of disappointing.
do we really need another robocop??? why don't we remake something that was badly made, why not remake Tekwar Tv series,into a movie, something that not the whole world know about...enough with the remakes of previously successful films.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Trailer
http://youtu.be/UuVphAuRo7Q
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Formulaic from the looks of it. Still wanna see it though
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 PM
so it actually looks a bit better than I thought. The cast is GREAT. Its just that damn PG 13 rating that is irking me. That being said, I'll probably see it.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm digging that trailer a lot and I like that they're tweaking the story a bit. Another thing, Michael Keaton looks like he could still play Batman.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm digging the trailer and I love the new angle on the story that they've come up with. It feels like they're honoring some aspects of the original, yet taking us to new territory. I'm not really worried about this project anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 PM
The guy looks pretty fucking good in the suit....Jose Padilha is a great director , you all need to watch the Tropa De Elite movies before judging him.

Last edited by CuatroDiablos; 09-05-2013 at 09:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM
That looks... pretty shitty.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Well, this looks like the creators learned a thing or two from Total Recall....remake.

Pass.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
That looks... pretty shitty.
Yeah, this.

Looks like typical Hollywood flare with a bit of Total Recall remake.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
That looks... pretty shitty.
Ditto. The trailer was awful. Bad idea remaking Roboocp. I said the same thing a year ago.
Peter Weller was, is, and always be the original and the best Robocop. The trailer also looked a bit rushed, and cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 AM
... well at least Jim Gordon and Batman are back together, sort of.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 AM
No, just no -_-
He moves like some kind of roboninja, there's nothing mechanical about him that's what makes the original so good, the fact he is mechanical, he can't come to terms with his new body because its a machine, he's ultra powerful but slow, its his downfall, like a new born. This is what gives the story half its human side!!! if he can jump around like a Power Ranger then there is no point!!! -_- that's one of the major points...oh for pete's sake!.

If he's bouncing around all over then he will be virtually invincible.

Hopefully there is more to it otherwise they are missing the whole point. I don't like the way Murphy (that his name?) is killed either, a carbomb? nooooooo! just no. Lots of pointless CGI as usual, no surprise there.

Quite like the new ED but that's about it. If this were an adult film it could be semi decent but it a PG-13 right? so no. Oh and he looked better in classic metal sheen.

There were some quite nice moments in the trailer, I liked the 'robo targeting vision' bit (I'm guessing that's what it was). But if its a PG-13 then we know its not gonna be violent and cool like the original...and lets face it, Robo needs to be violent and bloody. Thusly that cool moment probably won't be very cool.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I still give it the benefit of the doubt. It's sci-fi, robots, computers, tech stuff... might be cool. We'll see...
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
I really hope this somehow works out well.
dammit
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Feb = red flag
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Feb = red flag
This and this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
Yeah, this.

Looks like typical Hollywood flare with a bit of Total Recall remake.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriclite View Post
This and this:
The Feb release should bother me, but it doesn't because i'm hoping it joins the league of other surprise Feb hits like Chronicle and Pitch Black, (yes, I know the latter film was released 13 years ago, but I digress).

I feel like the main complaints towards this film are about the PG-13 rating and the lack of satirical tone from the original Robocop. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad they didn't try and emulate that much of the original with this film--well...it looks like they didn't in the trailer. I like it when remakes give little nods here and there to the original, while still bringing a set of new ideas to the original concept.

Much of the original Robocop can be classified as a revenge film, while the new one doesn't seem to be heading in that direction. One of the things I wished the original expanded on was the question of where does the machine stop and the man begin? or rather How much of the man is left in the machine? The original kind of skimmed the surface while answering that question because as soon as Murphy's memories started interfering with his programming the movie abandons these questions in favor of revenge fare. The original never really explored those questions in any depth, which is something I hope we see in the new flick. It would be a shame if the reboot didn't take advantage of this opportunity.

And lastly, I don't really understand the complaints with the new suit. Once I saw the suit in action via the trailer it looked pretty cool to me. It makes sense that the suit would be lighter and more agile. I mean, why wouldn't you want something like that to have those traits? I find it stupid that people are still clinging to the original design as if it's the only acceptable look for Robocop. It was great for the 80's, but when you really think about it, something that slow and clunky would give crooks plenty of time to react. I mean, why not just run over him with a truck? It was pretty ridiculous in the original when Clarence and his gang had grenade launchers and they still couldn't manage to hit Robocop. How the fuck do you not hit something that slow? Come to think of it, I think they actually had someone try to hit Robo with a van in the original and they actually missed!

Last edited by psycheoutsteve; 09-07-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
The Feb release should bother me, but it doesn't because i'm hoping it joins the league of other surprise Feb hits like Chronicle and Pitch Black, (yes, I know the latter film was released 13 years ago, but I digress).
Nobody's saying its automatic but people really need to tone down their expectations for Jan/Feb releases. Also Chronicle and Pitch Black? Both weren't worth the price of a movie ticket (well maybe Chronicle). But its not as if Chronicle was popular or well known before its release. But even if that's 2 for you what else you got from those months? For every OK movie you name I can name about 5 really bad movies.

If anything studios slip up if they release a non-bad movie in Jan/Feb. Whenever you see a spinoff/sequel to a popular movie release in the first 2 months of the year... in fact has there ever been a movie spinoff/sequel was actually good released in those months? And don't say Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard lol Jan/Feb are literally the Siberia of movie release dates. This is all by design. Oscar season is always immediately followed by the Razzie season.

Last edited by creekin111; 09-08-2013 at 01:01 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Classic Robo has the amazing effect of Murphy's face stretched over his robotic head. It looks awesome the way his skin has clearly been pulled over the cold steel, tacked in place so to speak. Brutal, dark, horrific and more importantly adult.

In this new film there is none of that, it merely looks like a guy in an Iron Man type biosuit. It looks like a manufactured toy designed especially for kiddie friendly merchandise...oh wait.
In short it looks lame, soft, too Marvel-like and more importantly childish.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
Classic Robo has the amazing effect of Murphy's face stretched over his robotic head. It looks awesome the way his skin has clearly been pulled over the cold steel, tacked in place so to speak. Brutal, dark, horrific and more importantly adult.

In this new film there is none of that, it merely looks like a guy in an Iron Man type biosuit. It looks like a manufactured toy designed especially for kiddie friendly merchandise...oh wait.
In short it looks lame, soft, too Marvel-like and more importantly childish.
And he seems like he's mostly just wearing a suit. He's mostly still phsically inside. In the original, his whole body was gone. He had his face and that was it. In this new one, he's just lost an arm and a leg?

The lone human hand is equally as ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Nobody's saying its automatic but people really need to tone down their expectations for Jan/Feb releases. Also Chronicle and Pitch Black? Both weren't worth the price of a movie ticket (well maybe Chronicle). But its not as if Chronicle was popular or well known before its release. But even if that's 2 for you what else you got from those months? For every OK movie you name I can name about 5 really bad movies.

If anything studios slip up if they release a non-bad movie in Jan/Feb. Whenever you see a spinoff/sequel to a popular movie release in the first 2 months of the year... in fact has there ever been a movie spinoff/sequel was actually good released in those months? And don't say Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard lol Jan/Feb are literally the Siberia of movie release dates. This is all by design. Oscar season is always immediately followed by the Razzie season.
That's all very true, (except the parts about Chronicle and Pitch Black because that depends on one's own perspective) I just don't want to give up hope yet. The trailer worked for me and even though the odds may be stacked against this film, there's always the possibility that it could turn out well.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
That's all very true, (except the parts about Chronicle and Pitch Black because that depends on one's own perspective) I just don't want to give up hope yet. The trailer worked for me and even though the odds may be stacked against this film, there's always the possibility that it could turn out well.
Whatever the film means to you personally is fine. But if you're concerned about what people's complaints are then just be prepared for more... much more complaining when it gets released.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 09-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Whatever the film means to you personally is fine. But if you're concerned about what people's complaints are then just be prepared for more... much more complaining when it gets released.
Yeah, I'm prepared for the complaints, I just think they're stupid, at least for right now. Maybe they'll have some substance if the film turns out to be crap, but for right now it's nothing more than fanboy bitching.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump