Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Halloween

Yes it's that time of year.

What's everyone going as?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking Zombie Indiana Jones
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 AM
Fuck Halloween. Worst holiday of the year aside from the 4th of July.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Probably my usual.
You know those alien doodily bopper things you can wear on top of your head?
I have to work so I'll just go with that for the day at the job.
People laugh, it's a fun time had by all.
Gonna get my bag of candy and go home and chill.
Good Halloween to all.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm giving in to office pressure. I'm just gonna wear a black suit with a white shirt and let everyone assume differently...

- RESERVOIR DOGS
- MEN IN BLACK
- 1960s FBI/CIA

....whatever.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Fuck Halloween. Worst holiday of the year aside from the 4th of July.

I'm usually set by July/August...but this year I just can't think of anything to top last years Dick in a Box....I might end up just going with a Tuxedo Tee. Lamesauce.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Dick in a Box...classic.

BF is going as Bane...so I'm thinking of going as UPS Man.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM
I stopped dressing up for Halloween in 5th grade! From then on, it had been handing out candy and in my latter years going downtown (Baltimore/ Fells Point)

Then, going downtown got pointless, and it was back to handing out candy with some buddies!

This year however, I will be moving from Los Angeles back to Maryland (Got a good job in Maryland).. and I will be starting my drive on October 31!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Been growing my beard for a month. I'm prepping as Wolverine. Got the brown leather jacket from ORIGINS, will mousse up the hair. Have blue jeans, an indian head belt buckle that I painted gold for the feathers. Dog tags. A T-shirt and flannel shirt. I'm ready.
I thought about real metal claws, but I'll be at a VIP party packed with people in costume, so I'm gonna work on cardboard claws for safety reasons. I would hate to move my arm and slice someone's ear off lol
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPhoenix View Post
Yes it's that time of year.

What's everyone going as?
In Australia this event is not really celebrated

maybe you get the odd child coming to the door trick a treating but the kids dont dress up like American kids do
Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Walter White and I'm VERY excited to get into character by watching a shitload of Breaking Bad in the next week
Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 PM
I want to just take pictures of lots of hot chicks.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Is that the feathered kind you are referring too
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
In Australia this event is not really celebrated

maybe you get the odd child coming to the door trick a treating but the kids dont dress up like American kids do
Last year I spent Halloween in Sydney and went to one of the most amazing Halloween parties of my life! So much enthusiasm and celebration for a north american holiday I thought was gonna be a bust! Good times!! (minus the $18 pumpkin)

This year the wife and I are passing out candy and hangin out with friends until 10 or so then it's costume party time in Toronto. Bathroom signs we will be...
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh so you went to a halloween party in Sydeny grins

Well l have to say they sometimes aussies do get together for certain events
But we still dont do all the same things in America

Ah next week at work they are going to have a halloween event for the students who board at the school and they are going to be dressing up and eating food that represents halloween
Well it will be interesting waht they do dress up as and what food we will be cooking on the night
Old 10-28-2012, 02:30 AM
A pizza hut employee. In other words, I work on halloween therefore I'll be nothing.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
My son wanted to be Sam from Trick 'r Treat. Little did I know I wouldn't be able to find any part of that costume pre-made and ended up working from scratch. So I learned how to sew from patterns, the wife honed paper mache skills, lots of trial and error and hours and hours later...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sam.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	10894   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0779.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	10895   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0864.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	10896   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0855.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	10897   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0761.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	10898  

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 10-28-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
My son wanted to be Sam from Trick 'r Treat. Little did I know I wouldn't be able to find any part of that costume pre-made and ended up working from scratch. So I learned how to sew from patterns, the wife honed paper mache skills, lots of trial and error and hours and hours later...
Thats great man! This reminds me of how my mom and grandmother sewed costumes from scratch when I was like 4-5 years old. You're cool 'rents.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Dude thats an awesome costume! Kudos! I had a last minute costume idea and went as Rex Kwon Do:

Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
I decided to not go with an overcomplicated and time consuming costume time round. Went with Lori Grimes from The Walking Dead and IMHO I think they should fire Sarah and hire me instead :P

Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 PM
I was going to go as Wolverine, and I grew out my beard for a month.
It was a rather long beard and I didn't want to fuck it up so I took three pics of Hugh Jackman as wolverine (two front, one side pic) and went to the barber shop.
A half hour later, after her tedious efforts, I put my glasses on.
There was no hair forming above the edge of the lips, the cheekline was too low, and she shaved off below the chin line all the way down. I looked like a gay biker.

So instead of being Gayverine, I took a cab home - hoping no one would see me - and shaved my face.
I don't mind THAT much, because I now have an awesome belt buckle and leather jacket that I can wear during the winter here!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Lori Grimes and Rex are both great ideas!

KC - Why not keep going with the idea and just use some adhesive beard stuff. It could look pretty decent if you get it dark and just gel the shit out of your hair to match. It's actually the hair I would worry most about.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
KC - Why not keep going with the idea and just use some adhesive beard stuff. It could look pretty decent if you get it dark and just gel the shit out of your hair to match. It's actually the hair I would worry most about.
Actually, the hair wasn't really the hard part. The hard part is getting the facial hair to not look too metrosexual.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Man, forget Wolverine. There's a better costume lurking in there.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
That costume is the bee's knees. It's pretty spot-on to the film. I bet your son was ecstatic!

I ended up going as a gray wolfman on Saturday. Don't think I'll do it again today though as it was a bitch taking off all the fake hair. I might go the easier route and just be Frankenstein.

Hey KC, you gonna wear a pair of fake claws?

Also Batgirl, you make a good Lori.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Ah had the holloween party for the boarders they were all dressed up to look scary

But at the end of the night they left me with everything to clean up

They have been reported to the head boss
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cop No. 633 View Post
Hey KC, you gonna wear a pair of fake claws?
I posted previously how I got a gay facial haircut, so I nixxed the costume.
However, I made some cardboard claws, smoothed out by well-formed paper and painted nickel. They looked pretty good. I made two, and then after the failed beard-cut I stopped making the last four.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I have never heard of a gay facial hair cut

So waht stle is that