Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
World Series

Now that the Yankees are out of it, I am for the Detroit Tigers.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Damn straight! I wanna rematch from 2006 of Detroit vs. St. Louis. Time for the Tigers to get some revenge!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Damn straight! I wanna rematch from 2006 of Detroit vs. St. Louis. Time for the Tigers to get some revenge!
Not so fast! What a turn around by the Giants. I think the Tigers have a pretty decent shot but with the lull in the schedule they might come out rusty again like in '06.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Well, well -- the Cards' elimination-game magic finally ran out. This is definitely going to be a pitchers' World Series.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Not so fast! What a turn around by the Giants. I think the Tigers have a pretty decent shot but with the lull in the schedule they might come out rusty again like in '06.
Yeah, wow. Disappointed San Fran ended up winning their series. I really wanted a rematch! Oh well, I'm still hopeful Detroit wins it all anyway. Should be a fun World Series to watch!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I like seeing new teams make it to the big show rather than reruns of previous world series. There's been a lot of different teams making it to the world series over the past decade. I think that's good for baseball. Gives fans of other teams hope.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
I like seeing new teams make it to the big show rather than reruns of previous world series. There's been a lot of different teams making it to the world series over the past decade. I think that's good for baseball. Gives fans of other teams hope.
I don't disagree at all. However, I wanted revenge!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 AM
God damn the Giants. That is all for now.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Tigers are going through the same thing they went through in '06. Too much time off in between games has gotten them stiff and not ready for the big show.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Tigers are going through the same thing they went through in '06. Too much time off in between games has gotten them stiff and not ready for the big show.
Right? Though it's not Detroit's fault that St. Louis couldn't fucking handle the Giants when they should have!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Line drive right off of Fister's head and he doesn't even blink an eye.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 PM
I hate the Giants.... They're going to win it all this year, and that doesn't make me happy.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM
What a shitty World Series. Tigers are even worse than the Yankees were in the ALCS.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
What a shitty World Series. Tigers are even worse than the Yankees were in the ALCS.
Completely agree. Congrats to the Giants for completely fucking DOMINATING Detroit 3 games straight! I suspect tonight will result in a sweep and the 2nd Championship for San Francisco in 3 years. I'm not happy about it, but they deserve it. Good for them.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Tigers are playing like their NL offspring, the Cubs.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Great pic there Creekin.

Grats to the Giants, I'm pissed the Tigers didn't even make it interesting! Changed my avatar to show support, despite their fucking abysmal performance. Still a fan regardless!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
So, I know there are a bunch of hypotheticals here, but hear me out:

- All-Star game winner gets homefield advantage for their League.

- Melky Cabrera was the MVP of the National League's victory in the All-Star game.

- Melky got caught juicing.

- Giants end up with homefield advantage and win the World Series.

Doesn't Selig have to change that rule now? What if this series went 7 games and the Giants got homefield advantage because one of their guys cheated? How fair is that? And I know the All-Star game was a blowout, but what if it wasn't? What if it was a 4-2 game or something like that, and Cabrera got MVP? That rule has to go.

Anyway, congratulations to the Giants. Amazed that this team of bums (Scutaro? Pagan? Really???) managed to come together so well. Great managing.