Old 06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
ARROW

I checked, but didn't see one on here, but what does everyone think of this new green arrow based show coming out?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:38 PM
It really just depends. It could be a fun guilty pleasure if they do it right... or it could end up just being plain awful.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I hope they can do it right and not make it a silly emo drama like almost everything on the cw is, green arrow is one of the best dc characters IMO
Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 PM
There will definitely be a lot of drama. I would expect AT LEAST Smallville levels of drama. I don't have a problem with the drama, if it's done well though.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:21 AM
I think it looks surprisingly good. At least thus far. I've been impressed with what I have seen so far.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:27 AM
What's a CW?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 AM
The newest trailer they put put looks great I think
Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Anyone go to comic con and see the pilot for this? I wanted to go but couldn't make it.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I'll definitely at least check out the pilot. It looks like it's going for the more realistic "Dark Knight" route. So I figure it'll be awesome or fail miserably trying too hard to copy it. Probably no in between for it. Smallville was a guilty pleasure at times, but I hope it's nothing like it. After awhile, there was only so many horrible sets, blatant rip-off episodes of other more popular things, and adaptions of major Superman villains that were just attractive 20-something year olds I could take.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm not too hopeful.

It could be excellent, like season 3 of Smallville. It could be mediocre, like season 1 of Smallville.
Or, it could be fucking abysmal, like season 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 of Smallville.

Why compare it? Looks like the same damn crew got switched over to this series, that's why.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 PM
IMO it has to be better than Season 1 of Smallville to survive. It needs to be better than mediocre. People aren't invested in the Green Arrow like they are with Superman. Also, Smallville had a lot of luck in that it was "right time, right place" sorta thing.

Although I am rooting for the show, it's going to have to be above average for me to watch it from the start.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Checked out the first episode last night, was deffenatly digging it I like the little nod to what may be the villian for the flashback scenes on the island... What did anyone else think?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 AM
I thought it was terrific actually. The guy who plays the lead is very good. The rest of the cast is fine, especially the delicious Katie Cassidy. And the action was awesome. It was more violent than I was expecting.

This is the CW's most promising show since at least Nikita, maybe even back further to Supernatural.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 AM
I liked it but the pilot followed "Batman Begins" too much. The (female) eye candy is great and the lead is good but I would have liked to see the actor who played the character in "Smallville" carry the torch, though it would have been tough as they're going in a slightly different direction. It will be interesting to see if they bring in characters/supes in future epis. Oh yea, speaking of eye candy, I luv me some Willa!
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I thought it was terrific actually. The guy who plays the lead is very good.
Agreed he has to play what seems like 3 different people almost with his character
Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I was lucky to run into Stephen Amell at Fan Expo in Toronto this past august and get a quick snapshot. I look horrid as the shot was taken too close up and flash was bright...he looks amazing on the other hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stephen Amell.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	10795  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Hope its good but will likely be terrible.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Watched the 1st episode and it was better than i expected. If Smallville was made for teen , The Arrow is definitively more young adult oriented. It seems the creator wanted to distance themselves by going the vigilante way instead of the superhero way. Reminded a bit of Batman Begins.

I think the show can go the distance , it's up to CW to support it.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Another good episode tonight, I had feared that I was going into this with to high of expectations but I'm totally diggin it
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 AM
It's VERY similar to Batman but I'm fine with that. 2 episodes in and it's really starting to become a favorite of mine. I can't wait for next week's episode!

The cast is phenomenal too. Amell, Ford, Cassidy and Blackthorn. They are all fantastic.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed episode 2 a good amount, and I think the show works because it is assured and confident. The action scenes are also pretty tight and Amell can clearly fight well which goes a long way. There's a lot of characters that I'm still sorting out, but I'll keep watching.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM
as long as they don't use a boxing glove arrow
Old 10-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Was tottally digging this version of deadshot... Way better than that western version from smallville
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Always thought Green Arrow was a poor man's version of Batman. This show seems decent, though. Like it enough to DVR. Not something I have to watch every week, but I'll keep up with it.