Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM
The Wolverine (2013)

First Look: Hugh Jackman in the new telling of Wolverine - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-27G

Synopsis:

“Based on the celebrated comic book arc, THE WOLVERINE finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.”
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Gat damn...look at those veins...hyped for this.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Certainly can't get worse so looking forward to this, also.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm still disappointed that Aronofsky dropped out of this, but Mangold has made some decent films in the past. I really like Jackman in the role, so I'm hoping this will be a great Wolverine movie.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
NEW IMAGE!

Huge Jackman sports bone claws!!!

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012/1...o-take-place-a

main source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35599
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_a464e7e36.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	10867   Click image for larger version

Name:	the-wolverine-banner-02.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	10868  
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM
New poster and interview from Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold from The Wolverine set - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2j2
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
New poster and interview from Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold from The Wolverine set - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2j2
The "new life" to the character question was a good one. Everyone agrees that this is THE story to adapt!

Tap in to that beserker rage, baby! Loss and rage... I love the Josey Wales talk.

They covered a lot of good stuff in that interview. Some of the stuff that jumped out to me:

Logan will actually be in real danger. "He'll find his Kryptonite." Bringing things down to earth and grounded is a great idea. Forget about trying to outdo the spectacle. They vow not to go over-the-top!

Hugh worked out to look animalistic and frightening. Raw rage... Damn, that's cool.

Part of the energy of the film is the mystery and who exactly are the bad guys.

The immortality aspect sounds like a very fresh idea. Screw the lost memories and dwell on what he does know. Finding purpose = Samurai

Love that poster. Already miles ahead of those First Class duds.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Great poster.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Looking forward to this! Really enjoyed the first Wolverine and can't wait for this one!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't think I realized that the timeline for this movie comes after X-Men 3. I assumed this was a direct sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Hmm, If Days of Future Past is supposed to wipe out the events of X3, would that also wipe out this film since it is a direct sequel to X3?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm like the only person I know of who actually loved the first Wolverine movie, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

At first I was mad that it takes place after X3, but if you actually look at the development of the character in the comics and the character that he was in all the previous movies it actually kind of makes a lot of sense in a way.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I'm like the only person I know of who actually loved the first Wolverine movie, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

At first I was mad that it takes place after X3, but if you actually look at the development of the character in the comics and the character that he was in all the previous movies it actually kind of makes a lot of sense in a way.
More so after reading this interview...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/0...james-mangold/

I'm so impressed by what James Mangold has to say and how this film is shaping up.

Quote:
So why did you choose to set yours after all those others?

Because of some of the themes in the Claremont/Miller saga. I felt it was really important to find Logan at a moment where he was stripped clean of his duties to the X-Men, his other allegiances, and even stripped clean of his own sense of purpose. I was fascinated with the idea of portraying Logan as a ronin – the definition of which is a samurai without a master, without a purpose. Kind of a soldier who is cut loose. War is over. What does he do? What does he face? What does he believe anymore? Who are his friends? What is his reason for being here anymore? I think those questions are especially interesting when you’re dealing with a character who is essentially immortal.

Then it was important for him to have that baggage from the previous movies?

It was only to my advantage to set it after the X-Men films because the X-Men had effectively ended at that point. A lot of the key characters had died. There was a sense if I’m locating this film not five minutes after the other movie, but a period of time after that last X-Men movie, I can find a Logan who is living separate from the world. He is no longer a member of some superhero team.

There’s also less certainty about how things turn out for him, which is something you don’t get when a film is a prequel.

There are a lot of rumors about possible X-Men characters turning up in this film. I’m going to let you off the hook there because we actually don’t want to spoil such surprises. But for those unfamiliar with the Claremont/Miller books, can you tell us what is in the film that brings Logan to Japan?

An old friendship. What brings him there is an old ally in Japan. We find Logan in a moment of tremendous disillusionment. We find him estranged. One of the models I used working on the film was The Outlaw Josey Wales. You find Logan and his love is gone, his mentors are gone, many of his friends are gone, his own sense of purpose – what am I doing, why do I bother – and his exhaustion is high. He has lived a long time, and he’s tired. He’s tired of the pain.

Sounds like you’re leaning hard on the despair of this character.

What I wrote on the back of the script when I first read it was “Everyone I love will die.” The story I’ve been telling, he enters it believing that. Therefore he’s living in a kind of isolation. He gets drawn to Japan by an old friendship and then finds himself in a labyrinth of deceit, caught up in the agendas of mobsters, of wealth, and other powers we come to understand.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Nice interview. I'm actually looking forward to this and X-Men Days of the Future Past.

I love the idea that this film is just a one-shot. I'm tired of every superhero film having to be a trilogy.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 AM
I'm loving the Outlaw Josey Wales reference. I'm glad to see and hear that this takes place after the X-men movies; this movie will give the character somewhere to go after this movie. Hopefully there will be more Wolverine movies to come.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I'm loving the Outlaw Josey Wales reference. I'm glad to see and hear that this takes place after the X-men movies; this movie will give the character somewhere to go after this movie. Hopefully there will be more Wolverine movies to come.
Same here on both fronts and a bit more from Mangold here...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...-preview.jhtml

This bit made me smile...
Quote:
Beware the Berserker Rage
All that talk about getting darker and more intense had us wondering how that might affect the film's rating. "The whole point is not about violence or rating; it's about intensity," Mangold said when asked exactly how dark and dangerous things get. "I wanted to make a film that in a way captures the intensity of his character. One of the things that has always been a feature of Wolverine in the comics is that he has a berserker rage, that he has anger and some of his abilities are driven by something more primal." And how do you showcase the primal nature of those abilities? Easy, Mangold said: You give the character opportunities to get pissed off. "Honestly, to get really pissed off — not cute pissed off, not quippy pissed off, not funny pissed off or cigar-chomping pissed off, just pissed off — that can then help drive the fighting, drive the combat," he explained. "That is interesting for me and then for the character, some of the jet fuel underneath some of the combat in the film."
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 PM
This morning l had a look at the trailer to this movie and have to say it looks good l also put a up p to date trailer on MFC
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeChar4321 View Post
Same here on both fronts and a bit more from Mangold here...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...-preview.jhtml

This bit made me smile...
That's awesome. His pure rage in the mansion sequence in X2 was one of the highlights of the movie. Those moments did so much justice to his character.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM

Wow. They are taking forever to release a trailer. Something about Bruce Willis... I can't remember..
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM
trailer-end of March| possible look at 'Silver S Silver Samurai' toy

It had been reported that the first trailer would debut online tomorrow (February 12th) and make its way into cinemas with A Good Day to Die Hard from Valentine's Day, but director James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma, Knight and Day) has taken to Twitter to announce that the rumours were false and the trailer will instead be released at the end of March.

Meanwhile, thanks to an image from Toy Fair 2013 (via TheDailySuperHero), we may have a look at how Wolverine's nemesis The Silver Samurai (played by Will Yun Lee; Total Recall) will look in the film, which seems to match quite closely with the on-set spy shot that was snapped last year...

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/0...-arriving.html

more images of the toys: http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2013/0...ne-from-hasbro
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SilverSamurai.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	11361  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-11-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 AM
The Wolverine Trailer Will Debut Online March 27th!

Fans have grown increasingly impatient over the first trailer for the upcoming solo X-Men film, The Wolverine. Previously all that we knew was the trailer would premiere in theaters with G.I. Joe: Retaliation (now opening March 28th). The Wolverine director James Mangold has confirmed this and more. On Twitter this morning, he posted this message:

"Clarity for all asking: I will tweet a peek (a "tweazer") on 26th.
Full teaser online on 27th. 3D and 2D in theaters on the big screen 29th."

So check back here on the 27th for the full trailer for the film!

Opening in theaters on July 26, 2013, the James Mangold-directed action adventure stars Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee.

Based on the celebrated comic book arc, The Wolverine finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ine-march-27th
Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Viper looks different from the books but damn sexy to be sure...

Don't know what contraption she has Wolvie in there.

Last edited by JoeChar4321; 03-25-2013 at 01:10 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 AM
For some reason the pics don't give me a very good vibe.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:14 AM
I have to say l like that first image in the above post it looks so good
Old 03-25-2013, 10:00 AM
two new posters

INTERNATIONAL POSTER
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM
LOL..Fox and their awful posters.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM
The "quick" glimpse at the teaser

blink and you'll miss it.lol

vine.co/v/bDExaiMjJ1F

source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101953

note: the teaser is VERY FAST because the teaser is only 6 seconds

HERE ARE SOME SCREEN CAPTURES I made. The last two are of the "S.S."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-25-13h09m27s200.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	11733   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-25-13h09m29s216.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	11734   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-25-13h09m36s20.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	11735   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-25-13h10m25s255.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	11737   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-25-13h15m44s93.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	11738  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-25-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Wow, that is bad. Anyone with basic photoshop skills could do this, and better. Fox should be embarrassed for releasing such amateur trash. A big movie studio should have higher standards. Shit, even The Asylum produces better posters than that.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
blink and you'll miss it.lol

vine.co/v/bDExaiMjJ1F

source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101953

note: the teaser is VERY FAST because the teaser is only 6 seconds

HERE ARE SOME SCREEN CAPTURES I made. The last two are of the "S.S."
What we need is a teaser for the teaser to a trailer... OY. Seriously though, thanks for the stills. Even a glimpse of The Silver Samurai sends shivers!

Still, can't wait to see it in a few days.

That second poster above looks awesome. FAR better than those awful First Class posters from Fox a few years back.

Last edited by JoeChar4321; 03-25-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Yesterday we got a 6 second teaser, now it's a 20 second teaser as the trailer comes out tomorrow for The Wolverine - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2MX
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
third poster and 20 second (quick-link) to teaser #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1NSTR1PEZ View Post
Yesterday we got a 6 second teaser, now it's a 20 second teaser as the trailer comes out tomorrow for The Wolverine - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2MX
Here is another link for the 20 second trailer [this one taken from Blu-ray.com] via the Javacript console using Chrome. Right click on video to save:
http://media10.traileraddict.com/wol...9612249fb79b09

source for poster: http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.bl...wolverine.html

Here is some more caps I just barely took

[update]

The 20 SECOND TEASER HAS A NAME:
'The Wolverine' Teaser: "Hugh Jackman vs. Ninjas"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-26-14h01m42s92.jpg
Views:	16
ID:	11746   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-26-14h01m51s182.jpg
ID:	11747   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-26-14h01m54s212.jpg
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	11748   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-26-14h02m12s124.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	11749   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOLVERINE_SECOND_POSTER_2013_.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	11750  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-26-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Just watched it on MTV More interesting characters and definitely looks like it has more depth than the previous Wolverine film,but then again looks can be deceiving
Viper pulling her face off was freaky
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Trailer.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 AM
update to trailerS and images of THE SILVER SAMERAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel_montes View Post
add on to what 'Miguel' just posted..

This was posted on it's FACEBOOK page:

The wait is over! Watch The Wolverine Trailer now.

(Domestic trailer: http://bit.ly/TheWolverineTrailer | International trailer: http://bit.ly/TheWolverineINTLTrailer)

FUN FACT:

The Domestic trailer runs 1min 56sec
The International trailer runs 2min 26sec

[update]

images of THE SILVER SAMERAI as well as other screen caps from the trailer
including an cap of Hugh Jackman as Liev schreiber as 'Sabertooth' (as seen in Xmen:Origins) .ROTFL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-10h30m55s72.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	11758   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-10h37m01s164.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	11759   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-10h37m39s17.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	11760   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-10h37m34s226.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	11761  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-27-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I actually liked the first one more than any of the X Men movies. But I am not a super hero comic book guy so I never read X Men nor do I care if this stuff is faithful to source material. I thought the first was pretty entertaining for PG 13 super hero tripe.

This looks darker, edgier, and more violent. Which to me means better. I'm in on the DVD or Netflix rental. If they ever had the balls to make one of these super hero flicks R rated, I'd actually go to the theater for it.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I love the tone of these trailers and the fact that they found a way to make the indestructible man vulnerable. There should be a lot of depth to go along with the action this time around.

I couldn't help but think how fast Wolverine would have carved up Doc Ock on top of a train watching the international version!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
I really don't like that this plot is regurgitating the "mutant cure" angle yet again. We've already been there.

Plus, since the cure was public & widely available in X3, what makes this new cure more enticing?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm skeptical because of Origins, but I do like the tone and the look (I can be a sucker for fight scenes in the snow). I haven't particularly enjoyed Wolverine in the last few movies, so maybe if this is good it'll make me feel like rooting for him again.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverload View Post
I really don't like that this plot is regurgitating the "mutant cure" angle yet again. We've already been there.

Plus, since the cure was public & widely available in X3, what makes this new cure more enticing?
I think it was obvious even by the end of X3 that the cure didn't work or stick. Logan doesn't want to flat out die, I think he came to a point where he longs for a normal life where he can grow old with someone naturally. Kind of like what was touched upon in the Highlander movies.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:42 PM
I hope we get a tie-in game that was as badass as the Origins game...if not more badass. Nothing like a good ol' fashioned M-Rated Wolverine game...only this time with ninja and the Silver Samurai!