Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Do You Ever Get Sick Of Your Workplace

Well l am up to the point that l was sleeping alot last night where most of the time l am a night owl

I woke up this morning feeling the need to have a day off

So yes l took the day off and feel abit better

I feel as though my workplace does not appreciate the work l do and we ahve had some very huge functions meraning 500 people at a time

I feel the only people they seem to look up to is the people up top

Niot the normal worker who has to do everything

Plus l was told l had to finish at a certain time and lose my overtime because the mananger who doesnt see waht l am doing thinks l can finish at the regulaer time

I cant do it and it is making work a hard place to be at

Also carrying very heavy stuff is taking its toll and the manager doesnt seem to understand that her workers are struggling

So for today l thought l would let the others see waht l have to do and this is in the afternoon and into the night

I want them to see how l am struggling like crazy and in other words l am not coping with it all

They seem to think that you are arobot when you are not

Anyway what are you thoughts on the place you work at do you feel tired pissed off

I feel as though we can tell my boss waht is happening but she just wont help and show new ways to help the common worker

I have had other workers come up to me and complain but we are not getting anywhere

I feel as though l am on the verge of leaving at this point

If she denies me my overtime l am thinking of leaving waht l have to do to the next girl which she wont like that

Or take the other option of leaving which l feel it should not come to this
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 AM
I'm a high school teacher. I love my job. But at the end of the day, we deal with at least 80 different personalities each day. Naturally, there are going to be some bad days: kids acting up (often for reasons beyond our control), a lesson not going well... whatever.

The good far outweighs the bad, though. I love my job.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Well it is great you love your job Darth

I work at a private school which has a catering firm there and just sometimes things get quite hectic

But then l might as well add that my job can be enjoyable to a point

I look after the boarding girls with getting there dinner ready and have them well fed but then we have functions which can be weddings or office functions and just lots of diffrent things

I just feel we are taken for greated and when we have to have overtime it is sometimes rejected

Which makes it really hard when you are just one person doing the job sometimes
I have around 72 girls at the momnet where you have to have there dinner on the table and then clean up after them

Things and arrangements have changed and there is not much consideration for the person doing all this work

Oh one thing l have to add is when l took the day off yesterday l forgot it is a long weekend and l get Tuesday off meaning it is The Melbourne cup so l am not sure if l am expected to be at work on Monday

So l have to call up and see if l get Monday and Tuesday off grins

I thought l was only getting one days rest looks like it will be longer

Also Darth it is nice seeing the kids grow as each year goes on
We get alot of overseas girl and they miss there home and you are like aparent to them

The girls can be there for around six years and you do get to know them and see the happiness plus the sadness
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 PM
We're in very different academic environments. As a teacher, I don't have to deal with them socially, like getting them ready for dinner or anything like that. I just instruct them, talk to them, and occassionally get to know them. What you do sounds like borderline mothering. I wouldn't be able to handle that.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't "love" my job. And I'm pretty sure most people who say that don't really mean it like that either. It's relative. Given the choice of sippin margaritas on a beach and going to work... I don't see many folks making it into work that day. BUT, given the choice of say, like in Darth's situation, going to teach high school or doing something he considers incredibly boring like accounting (he may love accounting but just go with it)... he will probably choose teaching every time and that's why he "loves" it.

Personally I have an incredibly easy job for the amount of money that I get paid. I also work with relatively drama free people. I have almost no stress and make a good living.

That being said I get almost no satisfaction from it. There is little to no challenge to it, and very little personal growth. So ya, more often than not I am bored. It is what it is though.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar View Post
I don't "love" my job. And I'm pretty sure most people who say that don't really mean it like that either. It's relative. Given the choice of sippin margaritas on a beach and going to work... I don't see many folks making it into work that day. BUT, given the choice of say, like in Darth's situation, going to teach high school or doing something he considers incredibly boring like accounting (he may love accounting but just go with it)... he will probably choose teaching every time and that's why he "loves" it.
Correct. I worked as a corporate risk analyst (I studied Economics and Math in college) before I went to get my teaching license. It was boring and monotonous, so I left once I saved up enough money to become a full-time student and get my teaching license.

But yeah, if it came down to "work" vs. "no work," obviously I'd go with "no work." At least for now, since I'm in my 20's. I know some older people who don't want to retire because they don't know what they'd do without the structure of a job. I'm certainly not in that boat, and if I hypothetically won the lottery tomorrow, I'd either quit or just become a part-time teacher for the medical benefits (depending, obviously, on how much I won in this scenario). But for the money and satisfaction I get from doing what I do (it's really fun), I'm very happy and can't complain.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I love my new job of 18 months .... but i hated my old one which i worked 17 years.

I didn't hate my old job because of the people , the actual job or the salary ( i do miss that salary now ) ... i hated it for the working hour. Lots of overtime which usually meant a work week around 60-80 hours which left me no place to actually have a life.

My new job is 36 hours per week no more no less ... and the 4 $ an hour less is fine with me since i do 0 overtime and can actually live. Less money but i'm happier.

Priorities sweetie !

What's yours ?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
We're in very different academic environments. As a teacher, I don't have to deal with them socially, like getting them ready for dinner or anything like that. I just instruct them, talk to them, and occassionally get to know them. What you do sounds like borderline mothering. I wouldn't be able to handle that.
Well where l work is a boarding school

There can be close to hundred students at a times
Well as you have said it is simalar to being a mum to these students and they do look up to you for advice and guidence

I think sometimes l feel run down at times and l think l dont feel appreiated sometimes while doing functions but looking after the kids is my high light and geez they think l a great which is good in a way

it is true like you said you go to school teach the children there subjects and then go home while with my job l cater for the boarding tudents meaning you do see them socially at times
I think the worst time for the boarding students is when they celelbrate birthdays l find they get upset at not being with there familys at home

But in the middle of the year they get around 3weeks off school to travel home meaning overseas

We get kids from all parts of the world which is great
Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
I love my new job of 18 months .... but i hated my old one which i worked 17 years.

I didn't hate my old job because of the people , the actual job or the salary ( i do miss that salary now ) ... i hated it for the working hour. Lots of overtime which usually meant a work week around 60-80 hours which left me no place to actually have a life.

My new job is 36 hours per week no more no less ... and the 4 $ an hour less is fine with me since i do 0 overtime and can actually live. Less money but i'm happier.

Priorities sweetie !

What's yours ?
geez Dirtyfrog you would have been young when you started your job of 17yrs
But it is good you have your new job which gives you plenty of hours and also more money

I have to say my job pays well and the way things are going with job losses in Australia l wonder if it is a good idea to leave my current job
i would hate to leave and get a new job and then find out l am out of work again

I have to say at times l love my job but then l think the hours also drain me out

But Darth's job as a teacher would be interesting
Darth waht subjects do you teach at school

Well it is true that some jobs can leave toy not having time to go out and do things
You see l work late afternoon and into the night and also do alot of functions at times

We had a recent function for the yr 12's it is called Validitory where they celelbrate the years they have had at the school

There were 500 people at that one and l didnt finish until 1am
Old 11-24-2012, 04:30 AM
Word to your kids, it's a complicated buisness.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM
No just the co-workers.

At my main job there's this guy named John there who shits his pants.

We were all playing cards one day during break time and John just about blew out the back of his pants with a fart that sounded like a diesel blow horn. He actually let it build up enough momentum to where it shaked the whole bench. John got up, and I knew right away that he shit his pants by the way he was walking like he had a corn cob shoved all the way up his ass on the way to the toilet. John clocked out after that because he apparently sprayed crap all over his underwear and his pants. He later told us it was dripping down his leg. He's done this on four different occassions.

John is a grown ass man in his late forties. A grown ass man crapping his pants. Pathetic.......

There's a guy named Jeffe at work as well. He's about as white trash as they come. He's got a mullet and he wears a hat and sun glasses. Wears ugly clothes, has a drinking problem, lives in a trailer, and rides his bike to work because he's had about 7 different dui's. Jeffe intentionally shits his pants. What he does I guess is straps on a diaper and will just there on his couch in his living room and shit his pants because he doesn't want to miss football or whatever the hell he watches.

It really goes past the point of funny and into undiagnosed mental illness territory with these two.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 03-01-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Well the last couple of days my stress levels went sky high nit having enough time to do all the thnigs that need to be done in 4 hrs

Even yesterday we were run off our feet and one of the girls had not cleaned up a function and l was fixing up another area where there is a function today nad l went past all this mess my workmate had forgotten to cleanup her area so l was busy cleaning up her mess

But things are just getting so busy and now we are trying to support each other

The workmate from yesterday was upset waht she ahd done to me and l just said we are a team we will work togther instead of getting stressed about it

I couldnt say that a couple of days ago
Old 03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL Dubbs View Post
No just the co-workers.

At my main job there's this guy named John there who shits his pants.

We were all playing cards one day during break time and John just about blew out the back of his pants with a fart that sounded like a diesel blow horn. He actually let it build up enough momentum to where it shaked the whole bench. John got up, and I knew right away that he shit his pants by the way he was walking like he had a corn cob shoved all the way up his ass on the way to the toilet. John clocked out after that because he apparently sprayed crap all over his underwear and his pants. He later told us it was dripping down his leg. He's done this on four different occassions.

John is a grown ass man in his late forties. A grown ass man crapping his pants. Pathetic.......

There's a guy named Jeffe at work as well. He's about as white trash as they come. He's got a mullet and he wears a hat and sun glasses. Wears ugly clothes, has a drinking problem, lives in a trailer, and rides his bike to work because he's had about 7 different dui's. Jeffe intentionally shits his pants. What he does I guess is straps on a diaper and will just there on his couch in his living room and shit his pants because he doesn't want to miss football or whatever the hell he watches.

It really goes past the point of funny and into undiagnosed mental illness territory with these two.
The guy with the diaper - That's just disgusting

Does the other guy know when it's going to happen or it just happens suddenly and he can't make it to the bathroom in time? I think he needs to see a doctor.

The house across the street from mine was turned into a boarding house a few years ago. One of the guys who lives there told my boyfriend that the one tenant gets so drunk, passes out and shits himself all of the time and they've thrown out at least 3 couches. I've seen a few couches out by the curb-now I know why. Yuck
Old 03-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetEnLow View Post
The guy with the diaper - That's just disgusting
Ya he's a repulsive fucker. The first thing I thought when he told me is that if any girl ever saw that he would never get a date in his whole life.

Quote:
Does the other guy know when it's going to happen or it just happens suddenly and he can't make it to the bathroom in time? I think he needs to see a doctor.
You haven't heard the best part yet. John brings an extra pair of underwear everyday with him to work now. He even showed and announced to everyone that he's going to be doing this. So I guess it's now becoming a regular occurence of him shitting his pants at work. Although I think he just writes it off in his mind as typical. Which is the last thing from typical, I've never shit my pants in my adult life.

The funny thing about these two as that they tell everyone that they do this. I would never tell anyone if I did something as emabarrassing as crapping my pants.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Last edited by SweetEnLow; 09-13-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Old 03-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Broadcasting it to people at work? WTF
Ya, if you've ever seen the movie sixteen candles it was like the scene in which Anthony Michael Hall flashes that girls panties in the bathroom to all the high school kids. That is exactly what John did with his underwear he flashed it to all of us like he was proud of it. I don't know if he has a medical condition but I'm beginning to think he has a retarded condition.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Maybe he has quite a few bouts of gastro l can say if you have that you can poop your self and cause quite a mess through f arting but it would be the shot coming out The bloke with the nappie does he have a drinking problem if he has this can cause you to shit your self
Old 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
i think everyone does... I work at Mcdonalds there is good days and bad days. I have been there since May 1998
Old 03-02-2013, 05:29 PM
A few years ago l used to work at McDonald's as a cashier and l can tell you it was stressful but on the other hand you could have good days too
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
I work at Mcdonalds
that sucks
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Well l think that just having a job that you are a lucky person
These days so many people are out of work
Old 03-09-2013, 12:32 AM
like Bondgirl...said .it's a job...one of the main reason i have stayed that long is the job market is weak...and why not stay...it's a stable job....I don't have to worry about losing the job either.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:37 AM
I love my job and I mean that, but I get what people are saying with loving it being relative. The actress Elizabeth Rohm tells this story about Jerry Orbach, which sums up what's being talked about nicely I think:

Quote:
The first day I showed up to work, [Orbach] was like "Hey kid, I got a golf game, so I hope you're gonna get it done quick," and I was like "Alright...". But that was one of the great things I learned from Jerry, is to like... number one, no matter how lucky or how special we are to do what we do, Jerry taught me it's a job. And so I went from being like "I'm an actress" to "I've had a great job and I love my job and I'm lucky that I got a job that I love with all my heart and I didn't wimp out and say I'm not gonna go after my dreams, but my job isn't any better than anyone else's job."
Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
like Bondgirl...said .it's a job...one of the main reason i have stayed that long is the job market is weak...and why not stay...it's a stable job....I don't have to worry about losing the job either.
I have to say that McDonald's does employ the older worker and the younger worker and they give them skills in a lot of areas and you can be promoted to diffrent levels if you got the convidence so just because it is a fast food store doesn't mean you can't advance l know l worked there a few years ago and yes it is a stable job