Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
If we're going to blame the replacements for sucking (universal consensus), we should also blame the players for not making their lives any easier. Naturally, everyone is trying to get away with what they can. From a rule enforcement perspective, the game has become practically unmanageable. This has been the most violent, foul-filled, nearly unwatchable season of football I can remember. I'm not even a huge baseball fan, but I've been watching more MLB games recently simply because there aren't 800 timeouts a game for injuries and play reviews.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
If we're going to blame the replacements for sucking (universal consensus), we should also blame the players for not making their lives any easier. Naturally, everyone is trying to get away with what they can. From a rule enforcement perspective, the game has become practically unmanageable. This has been the most violent, foul-filled, nearly unwatchable season of football I can remember. I'm not even a huge baseball fan, but I've been watching more MLB games recently simply because there aren't 800 timeouts a game for injuries and play reviews.
Great post Brando.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Why couldn't Goodell just reverse the fucking decision? Doesn't he have jurisdiction here?
Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Damn my Fins lost again...in overtime again. Cant stand this shit. But they do have a rookie QB so I need to take that into consideration.

Loved seeing the Jets get shut out.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
My God, can you imagine the riots in Philadelphia if that second field goal had gone in?

Can we please put a stop to icing the kicker once and for all?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM

Damn fumble by Vick on the 1 in the first quarter realllllly hurt us this week. Damn it. Damn.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Something I heard on the radio

Mark Sanchez's numbers

Played in the 666th monday night game
His number is 6
TDs 6
INT 6
QB Rating 66.6 I shit you not
Longest pass this year 66
Yrd per attempt 6.56

Sanchez is the devil
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Something I heard on the radio

Mark Sanchez's numbers

Played in the 666th monday night game
His number is 6
TDs 6
INT 6
QB Rating 66.6 I shit you not
Longest pass this year 66
Yrd per attempt 6.56

Sanchez is the devil
Good thing they have Tebow.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I've never been more wrong about (or disappointed in) the Chiefs. This team needs a complete dump and flush, save for a small handful of players.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 PM
So why is Norv Turner on the hot seat and AJ Smith not?

Anybody??
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
I've never been more wrong about (or disappointed in) the Chiefs. This team needs a complete dump and flush, save for a small handful of players.
they need a qb. i have no idea why they de is so bad. very odd. i was and still do expect them to rebound in the second half
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm through the with Panthers. I'll have to find another team to pull for. There's no point in pulling for a team with no heart or resolve.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:23 PM
My Eagles make me depressed. I'm ready to see what Foles can do...
Old 11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
I'm through the with Panthers. I'll have to find another team to pull for. There's no point in pulling for a team with no heart or resolve.
I saw a lot of heart with their front 4 today. Cam Newton and his lack of maturity is a problem. He needs to understand he is a Qb and not a Wr or Rb. The guy makes a signal for everything he does. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
My Eagles make me depressed. I'm ready to see what Foles can do...
I said it years ago. Fire the coach. It is his west coast offense that is the problem. The defense will never be good enough to bail out his bad offense now that Jim Johnson is dead.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Horror

I have watched RG3 a few times now and I am not impressed at all. He looks like Vick in his first year. Not everything is his fault, but he is just not nearly as good as everyone says he is. He still looks to run way too often. The O Coord sucks. That 3 rb system is just bad. So there is this odd system of 3 rbs running all over the place with a running qb? Sounds like something that the Jets should do with Tebow. In the first half, with the one drive that they went for it on 4th down 3 times and ended up with zero points, they never took one shot into the end zone. THat was the theme of the game. In the forth quarter, RG3 was running. He needs to learn how to conserve the clock and a incomplete is better than a 5 yard run out of bounds. Yeah, the one where he was leveled and drew the flag. He should have thrown it out the back of the end zone and saved time. The best drive of the game were the two long passes he had. They hardly ever have the guy throw downfield. The O line sucks. They could not stop the front 4 when they were not blitzing.

I am not impressed with RG3 at all. He needs to learn how to throw more and run less. Running for a QB should be done out of necessity and designed plays sparingly. Not as a major part of the offense. Rodgers is a great example of how and when to run. Or Rappistberger. Run to extend a play or when everyone is covered. That is why those guys win and Vick, and all the others do not.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Horror

I have watched RG3 a few times now and I am not impressed at all. He looks like Vick in his first year. Not everything is his fault, but he is just not nearly as good as everyone says he is. He still looks to run way too often. The O Coord sucks. That 3 rb system is just bad. So there is this odd system of 3 rbs running all over the place with a running qb? Sounds like something that the Jets should do with Tebow. In the first half, with the one drive that they went for it on 4th down 3 times and ended up with zero points, they never took one shot into the end zone. THat was the theme of the game. In the forth quarter, RG3 was running. He needs to learn how to conserve the clock and a incomplete is better than a 5 yard run out of bounds. Yeah, the one where he was leveled and drew the flag. He should have thrown it out the back of the end zone and saved time. The best drive of the game were the two long passes he had. They hardly ever have the guy throw downfield. The O line sucks. They could not stop the front 4 when they were not blitzing.

I am not impressed with RG3 at all. He needs to learn how to throw more and run less. Running for a QB should be done out of necessity and designed plays sparingly. Not as a major part of the offense. Rodgers is a great example of how and when to run. Or Rappistberger. Run to extend a play or when everyone is covered. That is why those guys win and Vick, and all the others do not.
The play calling the last 2 games is something I'm not really fond off tho not everything the last 2 weeks is all his fault

last week vs the Steelers 10 drops ugh that isnt his fault at all really looks like Josh Morgan is the only WR that can consistently catch the ball and not drop it. The problem is the guy who was supposed to be our #1 WR has only played 2 games Pierre Garcon and the rest of our WRs are a bunch on #2 and #3 guys even Santana Moss at this point of his career nothing wrong with the guy but he's not the same as he used to be.

As for going for it on 4th down so often I'm entirely convinced that is happening so often is because I dont think Shanahan has any confidence in this defense right now(and if you watched every game you would know our secondary is just awful this year)

I know we are missing 4 starters on defense(Orakpo, Carriker, Jackson, Marriweather) but still I can't believe how much of a step back the defense has played we are barely getting any pressure on the QB since week 2(when we lose Carriker and Orakpo)

I'd like to see what he can do with better recievers I'd keep Morgan he at least shows something along with Paulsen but the rest of them I think need some new WRs even Moss sad to say it but I think its time and I think true with Brandon Banks RB/WR or whatever position he supposedly plays he doesnt really get anything on return yards anymore.

Alfred Morris has been a great find this year and unfortunatley Royster is the only other RB of relevance on the roster since Helu is out for the year and well Keiland Williams (ya I dont think so)

The O-Line is tied together by Trent Williams and not a lot else its able to help create holes in the running game for Alfred Morris but not much help in the pass protection

Ask yourself this other than Pierre Garcon and maybe Josh Morgan maybe does any of the other WRs on the redskins make any other team in the league? Maybe Jacksonville, Cleveland or Miami and thats about it
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh also I just want to note its nice DeAngelo Williams that a pregame magazine is what motivates you to finally play well and not your $40 million contract.

Also not that it cost us the game but bullshit on his 1st TD I guess everyone should start playing past the whistle nowadays they should do that in hockey too then "well we think he would have gotten the TD anyways so its a TD" ya even tho the whistle went when he was at the 11.

I've never seen that ever
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Ask yourself this other than Pierre Garcon and maybe Josh Morgan maybe does any of the other WRs on the redskins make any other team in the league? Maybe Jacksonville, Cleveland or Miami and thats about it
I would like to know why is it that whenever a black qb does not do good drops are always to blame? Everyone gets dropped passes.

Eli seems to not have an issue when new people have come into the system. He has been around a while, but my point is that new wr is not a good excuse.

Quote:
Oh also I just want to note its nice DeAngelo Williams that a pregame magazine is what motivates you to finally play well and not your $40 million contract.

Also not that it cost us the game but bullshit on his 1st TD I guess everyone should start playing past the whistle nowadays they should do that in hockey too then "well we think he would have gotten the TD anyways so its a TD" ya even tho the whistle went when he was at the 11.

I've never seen that ever
That TD was total bullshit. You can't just decide to forget about the rules for the sake for what is right. I guess take away a win from Seattle and give it to Green Bay. THe game goes from whistle to whistle. YOu are 100% right
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
RGIII is GOING to be a very good quarterback. He's not there yet. The system is too simple (very few of his passes travel more than 5 yards in the air, so his accuracy is vastly overrated), he holds on to the ball too long for no apparent reason, and he doesn't go through his progressions very well (when his first target isn't open, he looks a bit confused). He's incredibly exciting to watch, but the fact is last year, through 9 games, the Redskins were 3-6. Same record as this year. At this point, Andrew Luck is the clear ROY.

Also, a lot of people compare him to Vick, but they're not alike at all. Vick had a much bigger arm and consistently threw downfield even early in his career, whereas Griffin relies on YAC (I think the Skins lead the league in that category). Vick was also a much better runner... as great an athlete as Griffin is, he's nowhere near as fast as Vick was in a Falcons uniform.

Quote:
I would like to know why is it that whenever a black qb does not do good drops are always to blame? Everyone gets dropped passes.

What you're saying makes no sense. You previously mentioned Cam Newton (black, if you didn't notice) struggling. No one has said anything about his receivers dropping passes. They point to his attitude and immaturity. Same with Vince Young's descent. With Mike Vick this year, it's the offensive line injuries.

The bottom line is every time a qb strugges, excuses are made. Tom Brady's mediocre 2006 season was blamed on a lack of playmakers and, you guessed it, dropped passes (Troy Brown, 3rd and 5, 4th quarter of AFC Championship game). With Phil Rivers this year, people point to Vincent Jakson and Mike Tolbert being gone, as well as an injury to Gates.

It's not a racial issue unless your name is Rush Limbaugh.

EDIT:

At the end of the day, no one wants to admit that a franchise qb sucks. There are always built-in excuses for guys you want to carry your team for years to come: bad defense forces qb to try and make too many plays and ends up turning the ball over (Cutler in Denver), poor running game makes offense too predictable, not enough play makers, lousy protection... whatever. Fans and coaches want to believe that, in the right situation, their franchise qb will be successful

There are only 3 cases when a qb is actually blamed:

1. Attitude issues (already mentioned)

2. Team has invested a lot on offense and qb still doesn't meet expectations (Tony Romo, Byron Leftwich)

3. Another qb fills in and proves the previous one was just flat out bad (Kurt Warner ending all Matt Leinart excuses)

Last edited by Darth Kenshin; 11-05-2012 at 11:52 PM..
Old 11-06-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:

Eli seems to not have an issue when new people have come into the system. He has been around a while, but my point is that new wr is not a good excuse.

That TD was total bullshit. You can't just decide to forget about the rules for the sake for what is right. I guess take away a win from Seattle and give it to Green Bay. THe game goes from whistle to whistle. YOu are 100% right
You did see the Steelers game where Hankerson dropped an easily catchable pass in the endzone that should have been a TD and Moss and Morgan as well dropping easily catchable passes. Hankerson for me biggest complaint is dropping so many catches that he should get and this isnt new guy does this way too much

Now for DeAngelo would he have gotten a TD or Carolina scored after he would have gotten shoved out of bounds maybe never know since there's no way that would have happenned had the whistle not went not entirely why we lost still a piss off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin
RGIII is GOING to be a very good quarterback. He's not there yet. The system is too simple (very few of his passes travel more than 5 yards in the air, so his accuracy is vastly overrated), he holds on to the ball too long for no apparent reason, and he doesn't go through his progressions very well (when his first target isn't open, he looks a bit confused). He's incredibly exciting to watch, but the fact is last year, through 9 games, the Redskins were 3-6. Same record as this year. At this point, Andrew Luck is the clear ROY.

Also, a lot of people compare him to Vick, but they're not alike at all. Vick had a much bigger arm and consistently threw downfield even early in his career, whereas Griffin relies on YAC (I think the Skins lead the league in that category). Vick was also a much better runner... as great an athlete as Griffin is, he's nowhere near as fast as Vick was in a Falcons uniform.
A lot of the plays they put in like the wish bone option they have been using a lot this year that seems to me that defenses are starting to pick up and options and bootlegs are based a bit on the offense he had in Baylor(I dont follow college football much just a lot of what I read)

Its why after the trade to move up why we signed Morgan and Garcon both guys that rely on speed tho Morgan really is the only one to really see the field much this year and is a borderline #2 WR at best Garcon has played a QTR of game 1 and was barely healthy for the 2nd game he's actually played

RG3 gets compared to Vick and Cam because of the similar skill set being running QBs but RG3's attitude, maturity and accuracy is where the he differs from the both of them.

Just between the 3 of them and seeing RG3 and how he conducts himself on and off the field I get more of a leader and more mature of a player than Vick or Cam Newton is.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:50 AM

My Eagles are horrible

I'm too frustrated to even go on a rant....could easily be 1-7 right now.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
RG3 gets compared to Vick and Cam because of the similar skill set being running QBs but RG3's attitude, maturity and accuracy is where the he differs from the both of them.
But that's the thing: they don't have a similar skill set. It's a lazy comparison because they're all athletic, but they play very differently.

Cam Newton is much bigger and stronger than those guys. His skill set is more along the lines of John Elway or Ben Roethlisberger before injuries started to slow him down.

Vick is much faster than Griffin and has a much stronger arm, both in terms of depth and speed on the passes (Vick's seam routes in Atlanta looked like they could take people's hands off). Skill-wise, he's like Steve Young. I can't stress the strength of his arm enough, especially when he was younger.

Griffin is the most composed at his age, but skill-wise, he's not really like them. Skill-wise, honestly, he reminds me of Alex Smith coming out of college more than Mike Vick, but faster (please don't reference Smith's 4.7 40-time at the combine... everyone knows he was faster than that coming out of school).

He might end up being better than them because successful quarterbacking in the NFL doesn't directly correlate to "talent," but it's more based on leadership, chemistry, and film study, and Griffin seems to have that in place. That's why Jeff George and Jamarcus Russell fail, whereas Drew Brees is headed to the HOF and Russell Wilson managed to steal Matt Flynn's starting job.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
What you're saying makes no sense. You previously mentioned Cam Newton (black, if you didn't notice) struggling. No one has said anything about his receivers dropping passes. They point to his attitude and immaturity. Same with Vince Young's descent. With Mike Vick this year, it's the offensive line injuries.

It's not a racial issue unless your name is Rush Limbaugh.
Quote:
You did see the Steelers game where Hankerson dropped an easily catchable pass in the endzone that should have been a TD and Moss and Morgan as well dropping easily catchable passes. Hankerson for me biggest complaint is dropping so many catches that he should get and this isnt new guy does this way too much

Now for DeAngelo would he have gotten a TD or Carolina scored after he would have gotten shoved out of bounds maybe never know since there's no way that would have happenned had the whistle not went not entirely why we lost still a piss off

A lot of the plays they put in like the wish bone option they have been using a lot this year that seems to me that defenses are starting to pick up and options and bootlegs are based a bit on the offense he had in Baylor(I dont follow college football much just a lot of what I read)

Its why after the trade to move up why we signed Morgan and Garcon both guys that rely on speed tho Morgan really is the only one to really see the field much this year and is a borderline #2 WR at best Garcon has played a QTR of game 1 and was barely healthy for the 2nd game he's actually played

Just between the 3 of them and seeing RG3 and how he conducts himself on and off the field I get more of a leader and more mature of a player than Vick or Cam Newton is.
I stand by what I say. I believe ESPN and others make excuses to protect a chosen few and place blame elsewhere, rather than tarnish the image they place on some black qbs before they do anything. This is not an Erroneous thinking or being racist here. It is the exact opposite. Some media stations want so bad for a black QB to succeed, they will not do anything to knock the guy. This is not a Luck vs RG3 either. I have no idea what Luck has done. I have not seen his games at all. I have seen RG3 in 4 games and I am not impressed at all when compared to his press. And they don't do it for every black QB. They do it for a special few who they really want to succeed like RG3, Cam Netwon (who I rooted for last year), Vick pre and post jail and McNair, McNabb and Culpepper. Everyone has people drop passes in the end zone. It happens to someone every single week.

When it comes to football, I do not believe in a running qb. History has shown that my way of thinking about a QB is correct.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
I stand by what I say. I believe ESPN and others make excuses to protect a chosen few and place blame elsewhere, rather than tarnish the image they place on some black qbs before they do anything.
I think where we disagree is you think this is only the case with black quarterbacks, when in fact it's the case with any HIGH PROFILE quarterback, regardless of race. I've heard just as many excuses for Matt Leinart or Phil Rivers as I heard for McNabb or Vick. This year, Mark Sanchez has been treated with kid gloves by the national media (Ron Jaworski ALWAYS defends him). Meanwhile, no one ever defended a guy like David Garrard or Chad Henne because they weren't big time players. It's really just about people wanting to believe in their franchise guy, so they give that player benefit of the doubt, believing that under the right conditions, he can be successful. It's not a race thing at all.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
I think where we disagree is you think this is only the case with black quarterbacks, when in fact it's the case with any HIGH PROFILE quarterback, regardless of race. I've heard just as many excuses for Matt Leinart or Phil Rivers as I heard for McNabb or Vick. This year, Mark Sanchez has been treated with kid gloves by the national media (Ron Jaworski ALWAYS defends him). Meanwhile, no one ever defended a guy like David Garrard or Chad Henne because they weren't big time players. It's really just about people wanting to believe in their franchise guy, so they give that player benefit of the doubt, believing that under the right conditions, he can be successful. It's not a race thing at all.
I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying that RG 3 is not all that good, yet and he is not getting much criticism because he is a high profile black qb that the sports media is pushing. Much like recent other black qbs like Cam Newton and Vince Young. Most sports sources will not rip into a high profile black qb who runs better than he throws. If Vick were white he would be getting a non stop call to be benched.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 PM
OK. We'll agree to disagree. I feel every high profile quarterback, black or white, gets the benefit of the doubt. I feel if Vick were white, but was still a $100 million qb, people wouldn't write him off because he's expected to be the franchise guy (look at Fitzpatrick). If Chad Henne were black, he'd still be on the bench and no one would be calling for him to get any snaps.
Sam Bradford has been mediocre at best the last couple seasons, but he was a #1 pick, so no one in St. Louis is thinking about replacing him any time soon (even though they could've had Griffin). With the right talent, they feel he'll become a star. It's the same with every designated franchise qb, whether he's black or white.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Another Colts' win. They look like they may be playoff bound. How fun would a first round matchup between the Broncos and Colts be? I don't think it could be in Indy (I THINK homefield goes to division winners regardless of record in the NFL) but it would still be fun to see Peyton playing his old team.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
I am not disagreeing with you. I am just saying that RG 3 is not all that good, yet and he is not getting much criticism because he is a high profile black qb that the sports media is pushing. Much like recent other black qbs like Cam Newton and Vince Young. Most sports sources will not rip into a high profile black qb who runs better than he throws. If Vick were white he would be getting a non stop call to be benched.
its because RG3 is a rookie not because he's black and incase you havent noticed lots of people including lots of Eagles fans are blaming Vick on the Eagles being 3-6 and have been calling for him to benched for most of this year and a lot last year too
Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Carolina Panthers: most mentally weak/unclutch football team of all-time.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Carolina Panthers: most mentally weak/unclutch football team of all-time.
Someone should have told DeAngelo Williams and mentioned it was a "homecoming game" to him then maybe that would have motivated him its the only time he's been motivated in the past year and a half

Btw just want to put this out there I know it was the Eagles and their shit defense but RG3 14 for 15, 200 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs along with 84 yards rushing. He has a 4:1 TD/INT ratio (12 to 3). The only other the other NFL starters that have that are Brady, Rodgers, Roethlibserger, Freeman

Also to make Eagles fans feel better here's a stat for you

76-for-97 for 901 yards, 11 TDs 0 INTs

Thats the combined stats of opposing teams QBs since the Eagles fired Juan Castillio ya he clearly was the problem

We needed a win like that and seeing the Eagles today clearly their worst game of the season by far and it looks like the team has mostly given up this year

Also was nice to win a game against a rookie QB for once 0-8 vs rookie QBs since 2006 and last rookie QB we beat before this was Ryan Fitzpatrick when he was a member of the Rams.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Is there anything better than beating a team you hate and cant stand. only real mistake the INT but other than that

20 for 28, 311 yards, 4 TDs the 1st time the Redskins have beaten the Cowboys on thanksgiving a day where Romo is 5-0 going into this.

5-6 and a Giants loss on Sunday we're right back in this.

Oh and I get there's a rule penalzing the coach for throwing a challenge flag on a reviewable play but the rule is stupid it put the Texans down by 3 and brought them back in it(Forsett TD)

Lions fans I feel your anger I do but you were still up 3 and still had the rest of 3rd QTR and 4th QTR along with OT to win it

And the Jets well LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
God, don't you hate it when you're falling face forward and your leg just totally accidentally round house kicks over your body right into some guys groin? Anyhow, I thought it was pretty impressive how Suh managed to get the sack.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 AM
The career of Mark Sanchez in one gif

Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 AM
lol now thats funny
Old 11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMazVolta View Post
The career of Mark Sanchez in one gif

This made me laugh all night long. Sanchez is an idiot.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Dez Bryant is so incompetent. Between the dropped passes and the turnovers, he's just awful.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Dez Bryant is so incompetent. Between the dropped passes and the turnovers, he's just awful.
As a Cowboys fan (...sigh...) I will say Dez has been in beast mode lately.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Im not a huge Sanchez hater or anything....obviously too highly touted coming out of school and drafted 2 or 3 rounds higher than he should of been but has there ever been so much fail in one gif?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league supposed great talent with no brain at times.

His numbers were great but Dallas did throw the ball like 80% of the damn time and the costly fumble along with a catch that would have tied the game he has to have those I know a defender knocked him when he had it but he has to hang on to those.