Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Official TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Thread (June 27, 2014)

Michael Bay confirms Mark Wahlberg to lead Transformers 4 - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2ky

Last edited by SkyNet; 09-03-2013 at 08:19 PM..
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 PM
i have no problem with this... as long as Ted is Wahlberg's sidekick!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g05 View Post
i have no problem with this... as long as Ted is Wahlberg's sidekick!
If that happens then I'm all for this movie!

Even though I actually enjoyed the last Transformers flick, when I first heard about Walhberg doing this my first thought was: why is a guy as badass and cool wasting his time in this mostly mediocre franchise?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Well, at least it's not Shia. Now we have to wait and see what super model from Victoria Secret Bay picks this time.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I was pretty damn shocked when I heard this....maybe he'll be the leader of the N.E.S.T. unit?
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthre...t=transformers

uh hmmm
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Jack Reynor Takes Transformers 4 Lead

"We are embarking on a new trilogy," says Michael Bay

A rumored contender from late last year's short list, Jack Raynor has officially been chosen to play a leading role in Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers 4. Bay himself issued the following statement on his official site:

"I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

Michael"

Set for release on June 27, 2014, Transformers 4 will begin production this spring. The film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.
http://m.superherohype.com/news/arti...formers-4-lead
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
So does this mean we can expect Bay to change his mind again because of the creative juices (money) and embark on directing the entire new trilogy?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
there is no god
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM

Not that anyone's been chomping at the bit over this, but Michael Bay has been releasing car photos on his website from the set of Transformers 4. Some have names, some don't.

Corvette Stingray (no name mentioned, I assume its Sideswipe who was a corvette in the previous three movies).

Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse - I read elsewhere that this is Drift.

Optimus Prime

Bumblebee - 1967 Camaro SS

Hound

Lamborghini Aventador - No name mentioned... oh sweet lord, please let this be Hot Rod.

Chevy Sonic - No name given... Cliffjumper?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
i wouldn't mind if the new Vette was Springer and the Bugatti to be Blurr, but that's just me.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:59 AM
I love the robots in disguise!

Best film aries - apaet feom Riddick!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Mark Wahlberg doesn't deny Dinobots. Dinobots would be awesome haha.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/mark...transformers-4
Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 AM
4 website domain names regestered.

-PART 1-
Fusible has sent us an interesting update on the title for Michael Bay's Transformers 4.
Could it be either "Transformers: Apocalypse" or "Transformers: Last Stand"? They wrote:

"The same brand protection agency that registered TransformersDarkoftheMoon.com
back in 2010, has registered a few new domain names that could be possible titles for Michael Bay's
untitled Transformers sequel."

MarkMonitor, which is also the registrar for the Transformers 4 official website, registered names for
Transformers: Last Stand, Transformers: Apocalypse, and Transformers: Future Cast.

-PART 2-
Now, TFW2005 adds that Hasbro has also applied for several trademarks for Transformers: Age of Extinction
and that a domain name, TransformersAgeofExtinction.com, has been registered as well.

The name "Age of Extinction" could have two meanings, of course, with one hinting towards the Dinobots.
We told you a scene involving the Dinobots was filmed late last month, but now producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
has also confirmed their inclusion to Beijing News:

"I can not disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the joining of the Dinobots will give the audience new excitement.
In addition to Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, the appearance of these classic roles changed, today the world's coolest, most
exciting cars will appear in the film, including China's vehicles, whether you are a car enthusiast, you will feast your eyes
and be shocked by them."

source(s) for part 1: comingsoon.net & Fusible
source(s) for part 2: comingsoon.net, TFW2005 & Beijing News

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-02-2013 at 08:14 AM..
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Its official ! welcome to the 'Age of Extinction'

In 2009, we witnessed the "Revenge of the Fallen." In 2011, we were in the "Dark of the Moon." And in 2014, we'll be sent to the "Age of Extinction" as the title of the fourth big-screen "Transformers" adventure has been unveiled exclusively here on Yahoo Movies.

The title reveal comes courtesy of the first official teaser poster, which incorporates the now-familiar logo of the number "4" merged with half of a Decepticon insignia. The artwork suggests we're somewhere in the desert (or perhaps some post-apocalyptic wasteland?), and the term "Age of Extinction" makes us think that one of our all-time favorite Transformers factions will be heavily featured in the movie.

We're speaking, of course, of the Dinobots, the robots that turned into dinosaurs that were one of Hasbro's masterstrokes in the seemingly never-ending sub-groups of Autobots and Decepticons. The Dinobots were about the coolest Transformers you could own back in the mid-'80s, with the team consisting of leader Grimlock (a T. Rex), Sludge (a Brontosaurus) and Slag (a Triceratops), with Snarl (a Stegosaurus) and Swoop (a Pterodactyl) introduced later.

The Dinobots have long been rumored to be making their debuts in "Transformers 4," er, "Transformers: Age of Extinction," mostly because including those characters seems like the next logical step in the franchise's evolution. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura all but confirmed the Dinobots being featured in the film in an interview earlier this week with Beijing News:

"I can not disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the arrival of the Dinobots will give the audience a lot to be excited about," said di Bonaventura, via Tformers.com. "The world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including Chinese vehicles, so whether you are a car enthusiast or not, it will be a feast for the eyes."

An interesting addendum there, as Hollywood blockbusters are all about catering to Chinese audiences lately. And they should be: "Pacific Rim" qualifies as a hit thanks to its astonishing $100 million take at the Chinese box office (more than that particular giant robot movie made in the U.S.). The new "Transformers" is being filmed in both in the U.S. and China, with Chinese singer/actor Han Geng making his English-language debut in the film.

Beyond this, plot details on "Transformers: Age of Extinction" are being kept under wraps. We do know the lead this time will be played by Mark Wahlberg, who takes over the reins from Shia LaBeouf. Wahlberg reteams with his "Pain & Gain" director Michael Bay, who told Yahoo Movies that Wahlberg plays a father in the new installment.

- Yahoo Movies
Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I have loved all 3 Transformers movies... as i always point out, I am an unapologetic Michael bay fan (which I point out because as a person who loves Bay's movies, you are generally on the defensive when it comes to "Film" people, both online and in person!)

The best part of these movies has been their Scores and hopefully Steve Jablonsky is back and making a killer score.

Im also glad we are getting rid of LaBeouf, i dont like the guy as an actor and as a person, so the less of him we see the better.

I always liked Megan Fox, she is insanely smoking hot and i never had any real problem with her when I saw her in interviews or anything... so it was sad to see her go in the 3rd one (thankfully her and Bay rekindled and she will be back as April O'Neill in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

I cant wait to start seeing some teaser trailers for this flick, they have all 3 had GREAT teaser trailers and I eagerly anticipate the release of this one! (Hopefully before the end of the year!)
Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm a sucker for movies with dinosaurs and I guess Dinobots kind of fits that mold some I pretty excited. I really enjoyed the first and the third and I don't think the second was as bad as everyone says so I'm excited for this.

Last edited by ThunderStorm; 09-03-2013 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Age of Extinction almost sounds like a 4th Jurassic Park title.

Apart from a few good action scenes throughout the trilogy, the Transformers franchise for the most-part, bores me.

Transformers 1 was ok. The 2nd was meh, and the 3rd was dull.

I must be missing something here... lol
Old 09-04-2013, 05:43 AM
I have fond memories of the Dinobots so this is definitely a bonus
Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 PM
First Official Look at the New Optimus Prime in 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'

source: movieweb.com/superherohype.com
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 PM
The Dinobots should have been in the 2nd film fighting Devastator. That's what I was expecting to happen. Anyways, there are two good things about this new film.

1. Shia Leboof is not in it.
2. Megan Fox is not in it.

Last edited by God of War; 12-21-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 10:33 PM
I never got the hate for her... she was good in the first 2 movies I thought... leaps and bounds better than the chick from the 3rd movie... plus, on a hotness scale, she ranks off the charts!

DOnt get me wrong, I dont see her winning any oscars, but for the purpose of the first few movies, she did quite well.

I look forward to her as April O'Neil
Old 12-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Do we really need more of this garbage? I swear, the fuck sticks that run the studios need to have a hot lance shoved up their asses. All these pg-13 crapfests, every summer its the same damn thing.

Look, the first one was barely tolerable. After that each one has been a shitfest. IMO, the only good thing about these flicks was Megan Fox. If Bay had some balls and put some blood and tits on the screen they might reach mildly entertaining status again. But seeing as this is sure to be pg-13, you know we won't get any.

No way I'm watching this drivel.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysyringe View Post
Do we really need more of this garbage? I swear, the fuck sticks that run the studios need to have a hot lance shoved up their asses. All these pg-13 crapfests, every summer its the same damn thing.

Look, the first one was barely tolerable. After that each one has been a shitfest. IMO, the only good thing about these flicks was Megan Fox. If Bay had some balls and put some blood and tits on the screen they might reach mildly entertaining status again. But seeing as this is sure to be pg-13, you know we won't get any.

No way I'm watching this drivel.
cosign
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 AM
info on trailer and toy first look

First off, There will be a 30 second teaser during the SuperBowl.

2nd: Amazon.com is offering a "first look" at package artwork and
toy image from the new film...

Transformers Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Optimus Prime Figure, First Edition
Quote:
The first Optimus Prime figure from Transformers: Age of Extinction. Optimus Prime wields the mighty Sword of Judgment

no date or price..yet
Old 02-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I wanna see this damn trailer
Old 02-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
I wanna see this damn trailer
tonight I think. I wanna see it too.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM
hope we get to see Grimlock!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:29 PM

time: 7:25pm

the teaser for EXTINCTION premiered. I think GRIMLOCK was shown at the end
An HD screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/4K2txkd.jpg

i'll resize the image above and add more soon***..

update
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...-of-Extinction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxL3TTy25Dk

update #2
Quote:
Optimus Prime and Grimlock in 'Transformers: Age of Extinction'

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-03-2014 at 03:35 PM..
Old 02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Looks more of the same, which I feared.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Batty View Post
Looks more of the same, which I feared.
Yes, but the scene of Optimus Prime riding a Dinobot just makes me want to see it haha.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 PM
*sigh* here we go again...just with Mark Wahlberg and a few dinobots this time. Seeing anything dino related will help get me excited for Jurassic World in 2015, but still...
Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 AM
The best things about these films are the action and visuals,so yes they will get my money again,in the theatre featuring RPX,ETX,or Dolby Atmos sound !!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I've been anticipating the dino bots but this kinda made me yawn as well....
Old 02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Here is a list of new robots that are featured in 'Age of Extinction' :

Grimlock - Dinobot

Slash - Dinobot

Lockdown - Decepticon [Lamborghini Aventador]

Drift - Decepticon [Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse, his face looks like a samurai]

Crosshairs - Autobot [Corvette Stingray]

Stinger - Decepticon

Hound

source: movieweb/usatoday

[update/add-on]

That two headed bird [seen in the SuperBowl teaser] is Strafe

Work in progress. i'll be adding the toy images

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-15-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Old 02-16-2014, 12:59 PM

Spoiler:
... and this is Galvatron!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM
New poster featuring Mark Wahlberg's Cade Yeager

Old 03-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Please let this movie be good and not just a lot of pointless explosions.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt2146 View Post
Please let this movie be good and not just a lot of pointless explosions.
And what were the other three? lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Here's the first trailer that looks exactly like all the other Transformer films. Yawn - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-3ve