Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Politics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM
American Election 2012: Official Prediction Thread

Alright so, the American election is coming soon. All of you may be interested in playing a little game.

There are three parts of the election worth trying to predict are: Electoral College Votes, Senate Seats, and House Seats. I obviously can't give away prizes, but whoever comes closest wins the knowledge that they're perhaps more in tune with the political process than the rest of us. I'll give it the first whack (subject to change up until the day before the election):

1. Electoral College: 290D -- 248R

2. Senate Seats: 52D -- 48R (counting the I's as part of the party to which they heavily lean)

3. House Seats: 241R -- 194D
Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
EC: Obama 303 Romney 235

Senate: 52-48

i have no clue about the house race
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Electoral College: Obama 294, Romney 244

Senate: Majority Democrat

House: Majority Republican
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Electoral College: Romney 291 , Obama 247

Senate: Republicans Pick Up 5 Seats

House: Democrats Pick Up 4 Seats

Come January, Republicans will control all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt Romney 123 View Post

Election Day is tomorrow.

This election is a turning point for America. It is a time for greatness, for big change, and for action -- not more idle words.

I'm not just talking about change, I actually have a plan to make it happen.

From day one of my presidency, I will restore common sense to Washington by cutting wasteful spending and putting us on a path toward a balanced budget.

I will lead us out of this economic crisis by implementing pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs.

With your help, I will deliver real change and a real recovery. America will be strong again.

Time to win the most important presidential election of our lifetime.

Thank you,

Mitt Romney
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 PM
It's amazing how quickly the polls have moved and consolidated. When I made the 290 pick, it felt like I was being somewhat bold. Now, right before the polls come in, it looks like it is most likely to be either 303 or 332 for Obama depending a bit on Virginia and Florida. My pick now astonishingly looks rather conservative.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
The status quo: 538 electoral votes
Real positive change: 0 electoral votes.

Last edited by creekin111; 11-06-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Honestly, both men wasted billions of dollars. Almost no one changed who they knew they were going to vote for months and months ago. Does anyone know anyone who had their mind changed of who to vote for in the last few months? I don't. People are pretty polarized right now. Swing voters vote with their personal situation, not the issues.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Honestly, both men wasted billions of dollars. Almost no one changed who they knew they were going to vote for months and months ago. Does anyone know anyone who had their mind changed of who to vote for in the last few months? I don't. People are pretty polarized right now. Swing voters vote with their personal situation, not the issues.
No, Mitt Romney wasted money. It's not a waste when you actually win.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
The status quo: 538 electoral votes
Real positive change: 0 electoral votes.
Yep looks like I'm the winner. Where's my cookie?