Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Two Aussie movies that are required viewing

Redd Inc - featuring Tom Savini supervising the make up effects.

The Jungle - Andrew Traucki's third movie in the "Trilogy of Terror" set, (previously Black Water and The Reef). Details right here http://www.indiegogo.com/the-jungle-movie
Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I'll have to look into these... had some great luck with Aussie movies lately.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat er al View Post
I'll have to look into these... had some great luck with Aussie movies lately.
There's a whole bunch of new titles planned for this year and next
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Razorback is a good old Aussie horror movie

Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Turkey Shoot

that is all
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM
I haven't seen Turkey shoot and being Australian l should have seen it,but l have seen Razorback and it is a cool film
Old 01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Wake In Fright is a brilliant Aussie flick.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
I haven't seen Turkey shoot and being Australian l should have seen it,but l have seen Razorback and it is a cool film
It's a great 70's ozploitation flick!! Just sorta hard to find in stores tho. Ended up finding it in Minotaur on Elizabeth St in the city.

Edit: Also it was the special edition by Anchor Bay. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082338/

Last edited by scifi1983@gmail.com; 01-20-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes l have in that store quite a few times plus there two other video stores in thhe same street towards flinders st whitch sells old videos and DVD but therare a few horrors l would like to get including the one you suggested
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 AM
TWO AUSSIE GREATS!

ROMPER STOMPER & ANIMAL KINGDOM!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Romper Stomper was brilliant and if you can't take a lot of blood dont watch t I think this movie was the best Australia made but as some of you have said there are many,others
Old 03-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Romper Stomper was brilliant and if you can't take a lot of blood dont watch t I think this movie was the best Australia made but as some of you have said there are many,others
Why would you think a movie that glorifies racism with a bunch of nazis running around Australia beating the shit out of asians with no real plot or theme thats just taken at shock value is one of your countrys greatest achivements in filmaking? I'm sure even Russell Crowe himself wishes that he could wipe the shit clear off his resume. Don't sell your country short, there is far better australian movies out there.

Last edited by SL Dubbs; 03-07-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Ah Mr St Dubbs we meet again Okay,this movie Romper Stomper was racist and very rough but it is just a movie also this film was the start of Russell's career and l have never seen any negative comments from Crowe about this film and it was a film about gangs You say about this film is about beating up other cultures but then l want you to look some films about the Mafia look at Godfather they were shooting basging people and that is one film and there are a lot more about volience So it looks as if you watched Romper Stomper if so did you watch it all until the end

Last edited by Bondgirl; 03-08-2013 at 07:03 AM..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Plus there are other films Australia looks up to but this is the horror section Mr Dubbs I think we shouldn't be discussing other films which are not horror related
Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
l have never seen any negative comments from Crowe about this film
Or any comments in general. Out of sight out of mind.

Quote:
l want you to look some films about the Mafia look at Godfather they were shooting basging people and that is one film and there are a lot more about volience
The Godfather is about organized crime amongst the italian mafia and one mans rise to power. Not a gang that kills and beats up people based on their race. You say that it's a movie about gangs but if none of these individuals were racist they wouldn't have a gang to begin with in the first place to terrorise asians. The Warriors is about gangs not Romper Stomper.

Quote:
this is the horror section Mr Dubbs I think we shouldn't be discussing other films which are not horror related
Don't worry about it Bondgirl this is a movie forum, and we're talking movies. The mods here are scarecrows anyways.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Well if russell hated the film Romper Stomper he wouldnt have taken the script
I have to say it does promote racism against the asians which in other words is not nice plus there is abit of nazi things in it too

it also has alot of bashings in it and l have to say in a way Multicultral change is happening in Australia in the last couple of years and if that film was made now it would be banned right away

But that is the way it goes
i thought this film would have had a diffrent reponce form you St Dubbs did you watch it all the way through or did you watch the trailer

You see when this movie was made there was a skin head problem in Australia and l have to say it was quite bad
Australia used to be a all white population and then when people started to come in from diffeent nations it makes change

i am not being racist but it has taken Australia long time to think diffeently

i think that the protrayal of waht we see in this film is not good and it shows how a nation can become l love it that we have a mixture of cultures and diffeent ways people live

it is good for the country
Well l have to agree alot of threads go off topic but l just felt we had to be careful but l have spoken now so hopefully no noe gets affended but this is about the film and if you guys see it you will see where l am coming from
Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Well if russell hated the film Romper Stomper he wouldnt have taken the script.
When a young starving actor is just starting out he will take whatever he can get without reading the script. (anything is better than nothing)

There's lots of movies out there that actors wouldn't even glance at or at least wish they could have have taken off their filmography if they were in any kind of position to be turning down movie scripts. Leo Dicaprio for instance letting some guy sick his dick for heroin in a new york bathroom stall, but then turning down the lead role for American Psycho in fear of ruining his Titanic success. It's pretty cut and dry with a lot of actors

Quote:
i thought this film would have had a diffrent reponce form you St Dubbs did you watch it all the way through or did you watch the trailer
you thought wrong. I thought it was some stupid racist bullshit.

Quote:
so hopefully no noe gets affended
I don't care either way.

I like Mad Max and The Road Warrior those two are in my top 20.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Well Romper Stomper was the movie of the year and it was aclaimed a perfect look at racism but l think it was wrong for them to look at it like that Yes a lot actors do take crap roles but Crowds every movie has been acclaimed as good Well Mel Gibson started off with a little assie flick can't remeber the name but he had looks in his department but when he made Mad Max his stardom went sky high but l which he had stuck with more thrilling roles than some of his comedy stints
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 AM
ACOLYTES & BEAUTIFUL, both starring the excellent young Aussie actor Sebastian Gregory!
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Bad Boy Bubby which may be disturbing for some is actually quite unique and funny, at times.

"If that's all there is, we're stuffed."
Old 03-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Quigley Down Under (1990) & The Loved Ones (2009) - Fresh on my mind!

Honorable Mentions:
Road Games (1981)
MAD MAX (1979)
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)
Rogue (2007)

Last edited by predator_silver; 03-14-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Yes it is amazing how many aussie horrors have been made over time l would love movies to be made and not just horror I feel these days that we don't make as many while we should since aus does have so much talent
Old 05-12-2013, 04:12 PM

I loved Wolf Creek. It had a great bad guy in it.

8/10
Old 08-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I loved Wolf Creek. It had a great bad guy in it.

8/10
Wolf Creek 2 has finished filming An Aussie sequel, not something we do every day. Also a remake of Patrick on the way.

A couple more new releases

Crawlspace - reminds me of a cross between Darkness Lurking and Scanners

The 25th Reich - outstandingly bad.

For the folks discussing Romper Stomper it was a movie looking into the boot boy culture and the move in modern times away from what that represents. Great themes on nihilism, self destruction, and some sectors of society finding they are no longer relevant in the then modern Australia. Yes it's about a group of Racist thugs and is confrontation, the Kiwis call it the "theatre of the unease", it's meant to elicit an opinion from you. But to write it off as posters have here sounds like you simply missed the underlying themes.

I vague think there was a similar U.S movie but can't remember the title at the moment