Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Poop's Top 5 Underrated 007 Flicks!!

Since Skyfall is collectively kicking everyone's ass at the moment, I figured it would be a good time to take advantage of the situation and post what I think are the top 5 most underrated entries in the series.

The fans of the series have a wide array of opinions: Best films, best Bond, best villain...

You'd be hard pressed to find any two Bond fans thinking exactly alike. And I'm sure my list of of the most underrated entries in the series will be scoffed at by many a fan, but scoff away! Opinions are like assholes! They all smell!

So without any further bullshit, I present to you my Top 5 Underrated James Bond Films!

Authors note: On Her Majesty's Secret Service was going to be included on this list, but over the years it has been gaining the respect it deserves, so I left it out.

5:

Ya ya, I know. Denise Richards sucks! Worst Bond girl ever! While I agree she sucks, it's not like the series has a history of fantastic performances from our Bond girls. Franky, she ain't in it long enough to be a total detriment and her shittyness is outweighed by Sophie Marceau's awesomeness. Electra King is really one of the best Bond girls imo. Gorgeous and is an interesting character in her own right. She also has the honor of not only being a good Bond girl, she's also a good Bond villain.
Electra and Bond's relationship is surprisingly well written. Brosnan is good here, probably his best performance as the character. He's my least favorite Bond and I've always felt he never could nail down all of Bond's traits 100%, but here he comes very close.
Judi Dench also gets her best part of M at the time, with roll that actually ties her into the plot. The plot is decent and isn't as outlandish as Tomorrow Never Dies (more on that one latter ) and Die Another Day and the action is well staged and exciting. The opening Thames chase is probably my favorite pre-credit scene of the series. Not to mention the theme song is amazing and easily in my top 5 Bond songs ever.

It's not perfect. Some of the humor falls flat, our other villain Renard is underutilized, and yes Denise Richards sucks but other then that I really dig this flick. It's probably the most classy and old school of the Brosnan era.