Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Celeb Talk/Gossip
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
People Magazine names Channing Tatum as Sexiest Man Alive

http://todayentertainment.today.com/...man-alive?lite

Channing Tatum named People's Sexiest Man Alive

People
Channing Tatum.

By Courtney Hazlett, TODAY
The torch has officially been passed: Channing Tatum (and his abs) have been named People’s Sexiest Man Alive.
"He's the triple threat this year," People's Julie Jordan said on TODAY's plaza Wednesday. "There was romance in 'The Vow,' there was comedy with '21 Jump Street' and that little film 'Magic Mike' where he was a stripper.... He's more than just a body, he's got heart, he loves his wife (actress Jenna Dewan) and he's ready to be a daddy."
Like the sexy title holders before him, Tatum, 32, is more than an admirable form with enviable BMI. And he’s coming off an incredible year at the box office, too.
Tatum was one of Hollywood’s most prolific actors in 2012, not just starring in multiple movies but pushing them to the top of the box office as well. Tatum’s films -- “The Vow,” “21 Jump Street” and “Magic Mike” -- earned a collective $376 million at theaters. In June, Tatum stopped by TODAY to offer a demonstration of the dance moves which made “Magic Mike” a must-see movie this past summer.
With four films slated for a 2013 release, Mr. Sexiest Man could put himself in position for a repeat performance.
The Alabama-born and Mississippi-bred Tatum married Dewan on July 11, 2009. Sorry, ladies.

Kevin Winter / Getty Images
Launch slideshow
As for how the reigning Sexiest Man Alive, Bradley Cooper, is taking it, he told TODAY’s Matt Lauer on the eve of Tatum’s crowning that he’ll be decompressing from the experience. “After this I get whisked away to somewhere in Wisconsin and they talk me down for a week. I think (fellow former Sexiest Man Alive) Matt Damon runs (the program) now."
Last year's selection of Cooper caused a firestorm amongst runner-up Ryan Gosling's fans, who quickly set up a petition asking for People to admit a mistake had been made. (The magazine stood by their choice.)
But, added Jordan, while Gosling is in the magazine this year, posing with his dog, he's a strong contender for future Sexiest Man accolades. "I guarantee in the future, you're going to see it," she said.

I'll leave it to the ladies to decide if he's a good pick or not. He did seem to have a real breakout year this year. Between Haywire, The Vow, 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike, it's been an undeniably good year for him. He was even great in 21 Jump Street and that still remains one of the funniest movies of the year.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
It should have been James Van Der Beek.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
It should have been James Van Der Beek.
I do admit his self-parody act in Don't Trust the B**** Next Door and in that Ke$ha video are hilarious. Heck , even his performance as Robin's old boyfriend in HIMYM was great.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, last nights episode of Bitch was very, very funny.

Good pick. I love Channing.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
I've managed to like Channing Tatum more and more recently. He's certainly a good-looking man, for sure.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 AM
I actually enjoy him as an performer but I find him almost physically repellant.

The Salon list has been my favourite one so far. 10, 7, 4, 3, 2 would all make my top 20.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/14/salo...2_2/singleton/
Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Good for him.
His movies suck ass but at least he's got that.
His dad must be proud.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Well in my opinion Channing is okay looking but l have seen better

Look at sam Worthington l would ahve to say he should have been voted the most sexy man to look at

He is broad shouldered and has lovely musclely arms

Oh and his face is to die for grins

So if l was voting l would have had Sam first and Channing around number ten
Old 11-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Good for him.
His movies suck ass but at least he's got that.
21 Jump Street rocked! He was pretty good in Haywire which was a pretty cool action flick as well.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing him save the white house and President Jaime Foxx in White House Down.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCoverVersion View Post
I actually enjoy him as an performer but I find him almost physically repellant.

The Salon list has been my favourite one so far. 10, 7, 4, 3, 2 would all make my top 20.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/14/salo...2_2/singleton/
That was definitely a very odd list. It's cool that they had Aaron Paul on it though. Big fan of his.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Never heard of him.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I always disagree with this sexiest man alive crap. Cept for George Clooney. Yum