Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Green Day's "Dos"

So I bought the 2nd in what is GD's trilogy of albums that've come out and will come out til the end of the year. My review of "Uno" is below and it was pretty damned good overall!

But "Dos"? This.... This piece of shit is the absolute WORST album Green Day has put out. I'm a HUGE GD fan and have all of their albums (including Shenanigans & International Superhits) dating back to their first, 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.

Words can't even describe how bland, boring and fucking ridiculous this thing sounds. With the exception of 3 songs, this disc is the absolute steaming shits. The three songs I liked were "Fuck Time", "Lazy Bones" & "Stray Heart". Those three aside the rest of the songs on the album all sound extremely uninspired and cookie cutter-ish. Very similar in their blandness, and I'm not a huge fan of the "60's Garage Band" sound they've infused a bit more on this disc ala their side project Foxboro Hottubs. The song "Nightlife" is without a doubt one of the worst songs not only by Green Day but in music in general I have ever heard! Complete disappointment!

Anyway, I'm REALLY hoping the early release of their third album "Tre" makes up for the abysmal bullshit that's found on Dos. With a solid first and 3rd album in the trilogy, it should hopefully even out!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
yea dos is pretty disappointing
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm not a Green Day fan, but I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this latest. I found their Uno to be how you're describing this, actually.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller182 View Post
yea dos is pretty disappointing
Glad I'm not the only one! Cuz many of the reviews so far on Amazon have people singing its praises, and I can't fucking figure out why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
I'm not a Green Day fan, but I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy this latest. I found their Uno to be how you're describing this, actually.
Wow, that's pretty crazy man. Have you heard Dos yet?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Wow, that's pretty crazy man. Have you heard Dos yet?
Nope! I don't really follow their stuff, but whenever something is released (a single, album) I may listen if I have nothing better to do, out of curiosity. Haven't done that yet with Dos at all, though.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoGenie View Post
Nope! I don't really follow their stuff, but whenever something is released (a single, album) I may listen if I have nothing better to do, out of curiosity. Haven't done that yet with Dos at all, though.
Well you're not missing anything boss.