Old 11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Dear Hollywood, hold off on rebooting Batman!

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, so...

The Dark Knight Rises, for me, (and I'm sure many others) marked a satisfying conclusion to one of the best comic book trilogies of all time. Although it gave appropriate closure to Bruce Wayne's story, it opened up the door for the story of John Blake, aka the new Robin. I know Nolan has no plans to revisit the Batman universe in his future career, but I tend to think that revisiting the universe he created with a new director and Robin/Nightwing as a new lead character would be a better idea than simply rebooting the franchise in 4 years time. There's no need to pull an Amazing Spiderman and simply rehash things, especially if the primary reason is to have Batman appear in the inevitable greedy cash grab that DC plans to greenlight in the future, (The Justice League).
Old 11-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Amen well said
Old 11-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
I'm going to try and make this short and sweet, so...

The Dark Knight Rises, for me, (and I'm sure many others) marked a satisfying conclusion to one of the best comic book trilogies of all time. Although it gave appropriate closure to Bruce Wayne's story, it opened up the door for the story of John Blake, aka the new Robin. I know Nolan has no plans to revisit the Batman universe in his future career, but I tend to think that revisiting the universe he created with a new director and Robin/Nightwing as a new lead character would be a better idea than simply rebooting the franchise in 4 years time. There's no need to pull an Amazing Spiderman and simply rehash things, especially if the primary reason is to have Batman appear in the inevitable greedy cash grab that DC plans to greenlight in the future, (The Justice League).
Couldn't agree with you MORE sir. Would much rather see the Robin/Nightwing story within Nolan's universe explored for sure.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Amen well said
This

I would be highly disappointed if the next franchise didn't start off with Bruce Wayne already being well established as Batman

Last edited by Beard_of_Meat; 11-25-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 PM
My personal (and highly unrealistic) hope is that they don't ever start a new Batman series, but instead allow people to make standalone Batman films. The whole idea of going through another series that establishes all the characters we already know just seems so tedious. I would love to see some creative filmmakers just get a crack at giving their own unique spins on this world. There are so many different tones that could be applied to the Batman mythology that developing one more streamlined continuity is about the least interesting thing they could do. I don't want to see a bunch of setup for sequels that leads to rampant fan speculation about what they're going to do with the next installment. I just want self-contained, individual Batman movies that directors can have free reign over. I feel like that's the only way we're ever going to get an artistically fulfilling and genuinely exciting superhero movie.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
I found Nolan's Batman to be so insufferable that even a return of Joel Schoemacher would be welcomed at this point. All he knows how to do is build up the apocalypse and the next good story he tells will be the first. Take Heath Ledger's Joker out of the trilogy and you have 3 remakes of Darkman with lamer dialogue.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hollywood View Post
I found Nolan's Batman to be so insufferable that even a return of Joel Schoemacher would be welcomed at this point. All he knows how to do is build up the apocalypse and the next good story he tells will be the first. Take Heath Ledger's Joker out of the trilogy and you have 3 remakes of Darkman with lamer dialogue.
Build up the apocalypse? Not following you there...