#1  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Zero Dark Thiry - Hunt for Osama bin Laden

From Kathryn Bigelow, (The Hurt Locker) One of the most anticipated and secretive films of the year.

Here's the brand new trailer for Zero Dark Thirty - the story of Seal Team Six and the hunt for Osama bin Laden - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1si
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal talk about Zero Dark Thirty - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-1tq
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I have mixed feelings about this one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 AM
It's just a teaser but looks good so far.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
New theatrical trailer for Zero Dark Thirty - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2g7
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM
This'll probably be good for a laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
That was a pretty boring trailer, and yeah... the premise was kind of ruined the day OSB was actually killed. Considering I didn't really care for The Hurt Locker, I will probably skip this.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I think it looks great and I have a feeling this could be a surprise awards contender. It looks like it could be a really gripping thriller to me. Love Kathryn Bigelow.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
I think it looks great and I have a feeling this could be a surprise awards contender. It looks like it could be a really gripping thriller to me. Love Kathryn Bigelow.
Agreed. Looks really good.

Last edited by Bourne101; 10-26-2012 at 03:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Best-case scenario is that it takes the Argo route: go for a story-driven, tense document of what happened and make it feel real, even if it shits all over actual history like Argo did. Feeling real is all that matters for stuff like this. While I was more than a touch underwhelmed by The Hurt Locker and its pacing issues, I have decently high hopes for this. Worst-case scenario is if it turns into some sort of political diatribe or statement... which I don't see from Bigelow. So again, my hopes are decently high, and I love the cast.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Best-case scenario is that it takes the Argo route: go for a story-driven, tense document of what happened and make it feel real, even if it shits all over actual history like Argo did. Feeling real is all that matters for stuff like this. While I was more than a touch underwhelmed by The Hurt Locker and its pacing issues, I have decently high hopes for this. Worst-case scenario is if it turns into some sort of political diatribe or statement... which I don't see from Bigelow. So again, my hopes are decently high, and I love the cast.
Same here. The route you suggested makes the most sense (plus it seems to have paid dividends for Argo). While I don't recall any problems with Hurt Locker's pacing (though I saw it more than 2.5 years ago), I too was underwhelmed by it. It was well-made, and both Renner and Mackie performed well, but something was missing. Here, I like the cast better, and the trailers have been great, so my hopes are decently high too. Man, with this, Les Miserables, The Hobbit, Django Unchained, and maybe The Promised Land, December is going to be loaded.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Saw the trailer. Too soon. Too dangerous. Just like the two 911 films. I don't like it. On the other hand..... Mark Strong......hmmm The man has talent (less Green Lantern)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Rave reviews so far and many comparisons to Zodiac, which is one of my favorite films. Really looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Saw the trailer. Too soon. Too dangerous. Just like the two 911 films. I don't like it. On the other hand..... Mark Strong......hmmm The man has talent (less Green Lantern)
I think it's all about how the source material is approached. 9/11 films were approached a few years after the event because believe it or not, people are curious to see hope in an event that is so tragic. This is a story that is less of a tragedy, but more of a celebration. Also, it looks a hell of a lot better than World Trade Center and United 93.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Named Best Film By National Board of Review; gets new release date

The National Board of Review has named Zero Dark Thirty the best film of 2012. “Zero Dark Thirty is a masterful film,” said Annie Schulhof, Nbr president. “Kathryn Bigelow takes the viewer inside a definitive moment of our time in a visceral and unique way. It is exciting, provocative and deeply emotional.”
- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ed-best-398282

look at the top of the imdb page for the film and you'll find this:

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
157 min - Action | Drama | History - 11 January 2013 (USA)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790885/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Reviews are through the roof so far. Bigelow might be 2 for her last 2 best pics.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM
seeing it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
I think it's all about how the source material is approached. 9/11 films were approached a few years after the event because believe it or not, people are curious to see hope in an event that is so tragic. This is a story that is less of a tragedy, but more of a celebration. Also, it looks a hell of a lot better than World Trade Center and United 93.
True and if people enjoy it that is fine. I do not care for stuff like this so soon. I dont think we need movies like this to help fuel the flames of hate over there. Bin Laden was loved there by millions. Dangerous to me
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
True and if people enjoy it that is fine. I do not care for stuff like this so soon. I dont think we need movies like this to help fuel the flames of hate over there. Bin Laden was loved there by millions. Dangerous to me
This film, like any other film where American soldiers combatant against Middle Eastern insurgents, will generate frustration for Islamic extremists. We fortunately live in a country where we don't have to tiptoe around offensive issues out of fear that we'll be persecuted by our government. I figure if the movie has a great story, then the backdrop doesn't matter offensive or not.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I just hope this film feels more realistic than The Hurt Locker did. That film was filmed with a gritty, documentary style, but the plot points and actions of the characters were so unrealistic that I could not get over the disparity of tone between the cinematography and what was actually happening on screen. I am not bothered by the Office-style of filming when it's appropriate, but when it's two characters having a calm conversation in their bunker and the camera keeps zooming in and out, I get annoyed.

Honestly, I'd rather see Bigelow return to movies like Point Break, it's a little easier for me to suspend disbelief when the movie doesn't take itself so damn seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post

Honestly, I'd rather see Bigelow return to movies like Point Break, it's a little easier for me to suspend disbelief when the movie doesn't take itself so damn seriously.
I also want her to come back to films like PB/Strange Days - anamorphic widescreen stories. I hope she's not stuck making documentary-style gritty films from now on, the way Bay was stuck making Transformers back to back to back. Here's to her next film being something way different.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
I also want her to come back to films like PB/Strange Days - anamorphic widescreen stories. I hope she's not stuck making documentary-style gritty films from now on, the way Bay was stuck making Transformers back to back to back. Here's to her next film being something way different.
I still haven't seen Strange Days, I hear it's great though. I'm going to add it to my netflix queue. It's natural for filmmakers for fall into a rut when showered with awards or when their films start breaking B.O. records. I would not be surprised to see Bigelow stick with this formula for a while.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump