Old 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM
A Reminder: Don't Drink and Drive

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ls-jerry-brown

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested early Saturday morning for intoxication manslaughter after a one-vehicle accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.

According to Irving police, Brent's car was traveling at a high rate of speed on a State Highway 114 service road before it hit the outside curb at approximately 2:30 a.m. The car flipped at least one time and skidded an estimated 900 feet before coming to rest in the middle of the service road, police said.
That is a stupid way to ruin your life. It is a shame the drive usually lives while others die.

This is a sad, sad story especially considering how easy it could have been avoided. Pretty much every NFL team has a free taxi service where all you have to do is call a number and get a safe ride home. No questions asked.

I have seen bill boards saying you can't afford to drink and drive. You can't
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes it is sad when things like this happen,there is a slogan used in,aus if drink driving you are a bloody idiot but people never learn do they u
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
In my experience, not driving drunk and using condoms are two things most people lie about.

Most people who go out drive over the limit on their way home.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Only yesterday a lady was driving on the wrong side of the road and l have to she was very drunk and she had a head on with a car and she kill killed five people
Old 12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Good topic, Erroneous. Good gesture too.

It's almost the festive season again. I swear it seems to come around quicker each time. Like I give a shit about Christmas and all the trimmings. For me it's just another day. But each and every single year it's the same old story. Drunk drivers kill or mame themselves. Or more tragically, they kill innocent people. It wouldn't be Christmas without this annual event, right? People just don't give a shit about anything except themselves. And even then, they don't care about their own well-being. People on the whole are selfish, greedy, self-centered pieces of shit that aren't worth a dime in my books. They don't deserve the air that they breath. When one person takes the life of another person in this manner (drink driving). This is what i think should happen.

1. Banned for life from driving any vehicle whatsoever.
2. Made to pay not only for their crime, but to give money to the victims family for the rest of their life.
3. Must be made to feel like COMPLETE AND UTTER SHIT for the rest of their days.

But the law is soft. And this will never ever be implemented.

Fuck 'em. I am so sick and tired of hearing and reading about drunk driving claiming the lives of people. It can ALL be avoided. That's why that FUCKING STUPID CUNT-WHORE named Lindsay Loser Lohan should be locked up and have the cell key thrown away. She will end up being part of a hit and run while she's high or pissed, then she will kill someone. But it's ok, she will serve an entire week in jail for that, plus a $2000 fine. YIPPEE! All is forgiven, Yeah right. It's Lindsay Lohan for God's sake. She is special, and more important than everyone else, right? Fuckin put us out of our misery and hang the smelly two-bit whore. You will be doing society a huge immeasurable favor.

As for drink drivers in general. Fuck you, eat shit and die. Take your own life instead of if innocent victims. Fuckers.
I haven't got a single shred of compassion for drunk drivers who hurt or kill other people etc.
I have never ever driven a vehicle in my entire life under the influence. Because I respect the lives of other good people.
If I was drunk and ran over and killed a few terrorists, be sure and give me a medal, ok? Oh, that's right. I almost forgot. They aren't people. They are human feces.

Lmao.

Last edited by God of War; 12-08-2012 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, since we cant ever outlaw alcohol no matter how many lives it claims, both by drunk driving and health problems, why not install a mandatory breathalyzer in every car that wont start until you pass?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
why not install a mandatory breathalyzer in every car that wont start until you pass?
That's actually not a bad idea. It sounds crazy at first.
But it would pay for itself in no time when weighed up in comparison to human lives.
So, why don't you follow up on that idea? It makes perfect sense.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I also hate poeple who roam the streets boozing up and being very annoying in the curry of Melbourne they have a blize to get them off the streets so yes do something about drunk drivers and poeple who waalk aroud drunk bashing people
Old 12-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Well, since we cant ever outlaw alcohol no matter how many lives it claims, both by drunk driving and health problems, why not install a mandatory breathalyzer in every car that wont start until you pass?
I really do not like when people write or think like this for a couple reasons.

1. As long as there is a will, there will be a way. A also heard about some sort of a thumb print sensor that can read your BAL as well. See 40 Year Old Virgin again.

2. I do not believe it is up to the government to be all up in our shit like that. We need to learn and practive personal responsibility.

Someone said that everyone has driven drunk. I have as well and it was stupid and I am grateful I did not have to learn the hardway. Well, in NJ BAL is at .08% so that is like 2 drinks, so when I did it was not legally drunk, but not buzzed or worse.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I can't even fathom or comprehend what it would feel like to be responsible for the death of another human being. Whether it was intentional or accidental. Granted there are an almost infinite amount of possible scenarios given the subject matter. But as a whole, the victims and yes, even the person/s responsible, have to live with that for the rest of their lives. To me that's beyond scary. In a case where the person or persons responsible for the death of another human being due to drink driving related incidents has no remorse or anything. I find that even more difficult to understand. I guess as a whole, society just doesn't care. That's another reason why for me personally, Christmas is such a hypocritical celebration. You know, it's Xmas, good will to all mankind, and all of that shit. Yeah right. Let's all be humane to one another only on this time of the year. The rest of the year is unimportant. Lol

Last edited by God of War; 12-08-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM
The breathlizer things have been,considered for Australian cars but it has not been,passed through local government yet
Old 12-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
We need to learn and practice personal responsibility.
It will never ever happen, dude. Never. How many more years and how many more people must die due to drunk drivers until that point has been ultimately reached? None. Because people as a whole are too fucking stupid to do, or even try to do the right thing. That's a given on and day in any country in the world. That's my opinion only.

Last edited by God of War; 12-08-2012 at 11:11 PM..
Old 12-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
The breathlizer things have been,considered for Australian cars but it has not been,passed through local government yet
Of course it hasn't been passed. Nor will it ever be passed through legislation. The government is comprised of dumb ass's for the most part. I know that it's sometimes hard to comprehend. But they are people (i think) too. The whole idea reeks of sense. So, there's your answer right there, BG. It will not happen. Government = stupid wankers.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Of course it hasn't been passed. Nor will it ever be passed through legislation. The government is comprised of dumb ass's for the most part. I know that it's sometimes hard to comprehend. But they are people (i think) too. The whole idea reeks of sense. So, there's your answer right there, BG. It will not happen. Government = stupid wankers.
It would be very invasive for a government to do this.

However, if it made the alcohol related automobile deaths from approx. 13,00 to ZERO, I wonder if people would be okay being mildly inconvenienced knowing the roads were ACTUALLY, totally safe. (From drunk drivers)
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
I think the government is silly too but l have seen more police on the roads and maybe,increasing presence would help and,not,jjust over the christmaams period
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 AM
How about instead of breathalyzers in every car or sentence non-lethal offenders to prison we could actually try to treat people like sentence them to a drug and alcohol treatment facility? It would be cheaper and more effective. The problem in many cases isn't of reckless endangerment as much as its a problem of alcoholism. Many will keep driving drunk unless they're given proper treatment. Lethal offenders, drivers who injured others and damage to property should be handled different though.

In general our society approves and even glorifies its citizens to consume a judgment impairing substance. So why are we so appalled when we hear someone's lack of judgment happens at the wrong place at the wrong time? I just find everyone's reactions a little over the top especially in instances when its not premeditated. I also find it crazy that we expend so much effort fighting drugs other than alcohol, then allow alcohol to be legal yet freak out when someone gets killed as a result of it. Booze is, far and away, the worst of the impairing sub stances if you look at the social fallout from its use. If you want to stop a weed from growing you gotta pull it from its roots. Again in many cases treatment need to be the focus not punishment. Any further clarification refer to what I said above.

But still in the end people still need to learn personal responsibility and receive treatment. If not personal responsibility for alcohol abuse how about personal responsibility for texting while driving for example. Numerous studies have shown that texting while driving or even punching keys on a GPS is much more dangerous than driving significantly above the legal limit. Even the majority of people who said they never even had two beers before driving have putzed around with their mobile device while driving.

Nobody can or will be able to do anything to stop a texting accident prior to it at least for the foreseeable future. Even if people get into an accident many of them would just erase their message before sending if a bad accident happens. The only thing we can do is try to encourage a responsible society as much as we can. It shouldn't be the other way around where the responsible caters to the irresponsible. Who would pay for all these breathalyzers in millions of cars, bikes, trucks, etc.? Wait don't answer that I basically already know their answers.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't socially drink a lot (personal rule, and I do enforce it), but when I'm drinking at home, anything goes.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Believe it or not, I've been drunk and stoned on top, to the point that no sane man would dare to - and I still drove the actual speed limit, and knew what I was doing. It's perfectly doable, though not everyone can handle that shit. Boom.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Maybe we need to shut down pubs at att a e earlier time like they used to years ago bars these days are open way to late
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Maybe we need to shut down pubs at att a e earlier time like they used to years ago bars these days are open way to late
People will just get drunk earlier and hurt/kill more children (who would otherwise be in bed at a later hour).
Old 12-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I was watching foci last weekk and it said that America banned booze tin the 1920s it went under the name of proabition oe simalar to this word it helped a lot but in the end it wwas, decided through law that this law was not on l think mmaybe we need this law back but. Have different rules for certian poeple
Old 12-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
I was watching foci last weekk and it said that America banned booze tin the 1920s it went under the name of proabition oe simalar to this word it helped a lot but in the end it wwas, decided through law that this law was not on l think mmaybe we need this law back but. Have different rules for certian poeple
Prohibition really didn't help anything. Consumption actually increased after the initial stage. Crime increased and became organized. Our justice system was pushed beyond its capabilities. Tax revenue was eliminated while spending increase. It also led people to and jump started the market for other forms of dangerous substances.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Oh that is good you got the right,wording but it said. In the,foci that you had your bootleggers and problems but they said there was also improvements where husbands went straight home and were sober

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-09-2012 at 03:03 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Oh that is good you got the right,wording but it said. In the,foci that you had your bootleggers and problems but they said there was also improvements where husbands went straight home and were sober
At first but in the end more of them became criminals and alcoholics if there wasn't a prohibition.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Breath Analyser in a car are annoying as hell. My friend had one installed when he got busted for DUI and he proved to the judge that he needed his car for his job.

1. You don't only blow in it to start the car. The machine will randomly ask you to breath again WHILE you are driving. Failure to do so in 10 minutes will shut down your engine. It's to make sure your friend didn't blow in it for you because you were drunk.

2. Result need to be examined once a month by an authorized person to make sure you didn't fail once and to make sure the machine is still correctly calibrated (Around here , they do that at a car windshield/window/radio shop chain).

3. These machine are rentals and they cost around 80$ per month ( including the cost of #2 ).

This will never be de facto installed in every car.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:03 AM
You are right some wouldnr be able to afford it to be installed plus as you said about the breatherlilizer if you have to breath in it while driving there is something wrong with the machine because would think once would be enough
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 AM
I worked as a soundtech for TV in a far past. The first year all I shot were these '911 shows'.

If you had seen my share of airbags and blood, and on top of that the overwhelming smell of alcohol, you wouldn't either. Or maybe you would, I dunnow.

Although maybe I'm 'lucky', I never took alcohol very well. I am usually way ok with a maximum of two drinks and often am the designated driver.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Breath Analyser in a car are annoying as hell. My friend had one installed when he got busted for DUI and he proved to the judge that he needed his car for his job.

1. You don't only blow in it to start the car. The machine will randomly ask you to breath again WHILE you are driving. Failure to do so in 10 minutes will shut down your engine. It's to make sure your friend didn't blow in it for you because you were drunk.

2. Result need to be examined once a month by an authorized person to make sure you didn't fail once and to make sure the machine is still correctly calibrated (Around here , they do that at a car windshield/window/radio shop chain).

3. These machine are rentals and they cost around 80$ per month ( including the cost of #2 ).

This will never be de facto installed in every car.
Yeah Im sure there's a better technology out there. My sister had one installed after her DUI and it was a serious pain.

But still, whats the big problem? 1) Inconvenience. 2) Cost.

Are those two - relatively minor things - worth more than people's lives? There were 12,000 alcohol related deaths in 2009, but I don't know how many more led to jail time, serious injury, life ruining, etc.

In addition, I'm sure the cost of installing/building a breathalyzer/BAL thingy into cars would be offset by the millions (if not more) spent on jailing offenders, medical bills, lawsuits, property damage, insurance settlements, et al.

Seriously though, if it were to become LITERALLY impossible for a drunk driver to be on the road, ever, wouldn't that be worth it?

BTW, yes, I agree we shouldn't be jailing people the way we do - we should be offering more treatment-oriented centers for substance abusers, but thats a different discussion, as it doesnt stop a first offender from getting behind the wheel while drunk.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
It will never ever happen, dude. Never. How many more years and how many more people must die due to drunk drivers until that point has been ultimately reached? None. Because people as a whole are too fucking stupid to do, or even try to do the right thing. That's a given on and day in any country in the world. That's my opinion only.
In the USA, drunk driving issues are way, way down over years ago. It is happening. Huge fines and consequences have worked.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Seriously though, if it were to become LITERALLY impossible for a drunk driver to be on the road, ever, wouldn't that be worth it?

BTW, yes, I agree we shouldn't be jailing people the way we do - we should be offering more treatment-oriented centers for substance abusers, but thats a different discussion, as it doesnt stop a first offender from getting behind the wheel while drunk.
NO, it would not. People do not like giving up their personal freedoms. I am able to make sure I am not drunk driving and I do not need the government to look over my shoulder every step of the way. The fear of all the trouble I can get into is enough for me to avoid driving drunk. You are talking like everyone is driving drunk all the time. If the police do their job, people will not take the chance. That is how the system is supposed to work.

Your liberalism just kills me. lol Seriously. Jail is supposed to be a deterrent to breaking laws. I don't break laws I would love to break, because I don't want to go to jail. I really want to go down to Wall Street and rob and beat the shit out of all the excutives there, but I don't because I do not want to go to jail. If I go to a party and I am driving, I have one drink every 3 hours. Why? Because I don't want to go to jail. Jail is a good thing. Like you said this is another topic, but we need to fix the jail system, but rehab is bullshit.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
NO, it would not. People do not like giving up their personal freedoms. I am able to make sure I am not drunk driving and I do not need the government to look over my shoulder every step of the way. The fear of all the trouble I can get into is enough for me to avoid driving drunk. You are talking like everyone is driving drunk all the time. If the police do their job, people will not take the chance. That is how the system is supposed to work.

Your liberalism just kills me. lol Seriously. Jail is supposed to be a deterrent to breaking laws. I don't break laws I would love to break, because I don't want to go to jail. I really want to go down to Wall Street and rob and beat the shit out of all the excutives there, but I don't because I do not want to go to jail. If I go to a party and I am driving, I have one drink every 3 hours. Why? Because I don't want to go to jail. Jail is a good thing. Like you said this is another topic, but we need to fix the jail system, but rehab is bullshit.
Im not saying we should have all swanky Swedish prisons, but, for instance, repeat drug offenders are not aided in their recovery by making their lives more difficult.

Besides, fear of punishment is not the point. You shouldn't be stealing from a bank or driving drunk because you're afraid of jail - you shouldn't be doing it because its wrong.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
The speed limit was 45mph and he managed to flip his car at least once before skidding 900 feet.

He must have been drinking that stuff that The Three Stooges make where your hat shoots off your head because I can't figure out what it is that made his car defy the laws of physics like that. Is this that Four Loko stuff everyone is talking about and they banned, or something like it? If it makes things like that happen, I'd like to try one while in the safety of my own home.

Last edited by The Postmaster General; 12-09-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 01:20 PM
It's going to happen regardless. It'll never stop. No matter how many anti-drunk driving ads/billboards/commercials/PSA's, etc. there are.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Besides, fear of punishment is not the point. You shouldn't be stealing from a bank or driving drunk because you're afraid of jail - you shouldn't be doing it because its wrong.
LOL I guess we think differently. There is a saying, Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I don't think most people think if something is wrong or right. I think most people think what is the punishment if they get caught. If I were to go to jail for speeding, I would not speed. I have heard you would get arrested if you are over 100 on a highway. I stay under 100. I can live with a ticket at 80. I was once clocked at 94 and got away without a ticket.

LOL I reread what you wrote. You are a sweet person. Honestly. Because it is wrong lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
While I'm asking about what alcohol I need to drink that'll make my car flip, what's that stuff people drink that makes them beat their wife? As far as I know, I've tried pretty much most libations but I still haven't… Look, all I can say is we've been arguing over the remote a lot lately.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:43 PM
DMV's are shitty, boring places to be in. What they should do is have alcohol served(for one thing); and as a segment of their driving exam, a test of how well you can drive drunk. At what point do your senses and judgement lapse? And how much is too much for each individual person? This way you will have your own individual limit instead of the one-size-fits-all .08 bullshit that's ruined the fun for everybody.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
what's that stuff people drink that makes them beat their wife?
Water. The wife having decided not to pick up any flavored beverages---beer, soda, iced tea, coffee, or juice at the supermarket.