Old 11-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Dez is one of the 5 or 6 most physically gifted receivers in the league. Huge hands, dynamic running ability (look at his punt return history if you don't remember), great size, very strong so he's almost impossible to jam at the line of scrimmage, and so forth and so on.

The downside is not just his behvaior, but also his lack of basic football intellect. He doesn't know when to break off a route if the coverage is zone. He's rarely on the same page as Romo, and I'm guessing it's his fault because Romo seems to always know where his other receivers are. He's not as effective going over the middle as he should be (given his strength). He quits on routes if he's not the first option (I'm not sure about this, but I've seen Romo miss him badly if he's not first or second in the progression, so I'm assuming Bryant isn't running those routes very hard). I don't know what to make of him.

The off-field stuff is fine if a player produces (how long did Minnesota put up with Randy Moss?). But these other things are preventing him from being elite like Larry Fitzgerald, Megatron, and Andre.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I am going to revisit the RG3 comments I made a few weeks ago.
I still say he is not all that good yet. Not nearly as good as the press (ESPN for the most part) brags about him. I saw the Monday night game as I am a Giant fan and they made it seem like he was putting up huge numbers. He threw for under 200 yards. Big deal. He ran for 70 something yards. If he wants to make it to see 30 in this league he better learn to throw more and run less and if he rans, stop getting hit so much. He is lucky he did not hurt himself on that one play where he put his arm up as he was going down.

I think he is doing a great job for a rookie. He has a lot of talent. He has a good mind for the position. But like many rookies that have had great rookie years, he needs to develop his game. I still have yet to see Luck play much, so I do not have an opinion of him, so this is not a comparison. It bothers me that RG3 is talked about like he is one of the best in the league. Did anyone catch the comment Gruden made when he fumbled the ball? What a fucking joke. He played it out like the man meant to fumble the ball. A joke. It is ok to say he made a mistake. He also only completed 13 passes. One throw at the end was nice though and the point to beating the G men was to run the ball, but take it easy on promoting this guy to be all world. He is not... yet
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I am going to revisit the RG3 comments I made a few weeks ago.
I still say he is not all that good yet. Not nearly as good as the press (ESPN for the most part) brags about him. I saw the Monday night game as I am a Giant fan and they made it seem like he was putting up huge numbers. He threw for under 200 yards. Big deal. He ran for 70 something yards. If he wants to make it to see 30 in this league he better learn to throw more and run less and if he rans, stop getting hit so much. He is lucky he did not hurt himself on that one play where he put his arm up as he was going down.

I think he is doing a great job for a rookie. He has a lot of talent. He has a good mind for the position. But like many rookies that have had great rookie years, he needs to develop his game. I still have yet to see Luck play much, so I do not have an opinion of him, so this is not a comparison. It bothers me that RG3 is talked about like he is one of the best in the league. Did anyone catch the comment Gruden made when he fumbled the ball? What a fucking joke. He played it out like the man meant to fumble the ball. A joke. It is ok to say he made a mistake. He also only completed 13 passes. One throw at the end was nice though and the point to beating the G men was to run the ball, but take it easy on promoting this guy to be all world. He is not... yet
A note on him not passing the ball that much we run the ball a lot not just RG3 we have Alfred Morris who has been pretty damn good since week 1 and because of that we really dont need to pass the ball as much but when needed. The thing that impresses me is he doesnt make too many mistakes. That option hand off to Morris that seems to catch defenses off guard so many times its week 14 and teams still have yet to know how to stop that.

BTW as much press as RG3 gets and as well as he has played he does deserve it Luck is also getting his share of it. He does throw the ball a lot more due to Indy not really having a running game.

If you want a rookie QB tho thats not really getting that much attention compared to the other 2 that deserves some attention its Russel Wilson the last 4 weeks he has really been good and to do what he did on the road vs a very good Bears D there gets mad props for that.

Seeing this QB draft class this has the chance to potientially rival 1983's as the best one ever. Give me about 5 years for that tho
Old 12-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
A note on him not passing the ball that much we run the ball a lot not just RG3 we have Alfred Morris who has been pretty damn good since week 1 and because of that we really dont need to pass the ball as much but when needed. The thing that impresses me is he doesnt make too many mistakes. That option hand off to Morris that seems to catch defenses off guard so many times its week 14 and teams still have yet to know how to stop that.

BTW as much press as RG3 gets and as well as he has played he does deserve it Luck is also getting his share of it. He does throw the ball a lot more due to Indy not really having a running game.

If you want a rookie QB tho thats not really getting that much attention compared to the other 2 that deserves some attention its Russel Wilson the last 4 weeks he has really been good and to do what he did on the road vs a very good Bears D there gets mad props for that.

Seeing this QB draft class this has the chance to potientially rival 1983's as the best one ever. Give me about 5 years for that tho

Very true on the mistakes. I do believe the Redskins have been doing various handoffs for years and years and they usually run well against the Giants esp when they use delayed handoffs, ect.

I am not going to play the compare game. Not saying you are. I am just saying that I don't do it. I don't do it for Brady - Manning, Elway - Montana, Manning E - Rivers, ect
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Very true on the mistakes. I do believe the Redskins have been doing various handoffs for years and years and they usually run well against the Giants esp when they use delayed handoffs, ect.

I am not going to play the compare game. Not saying you are. I am just saying that I don't do it. I don't do it for Brady - Manning, Elway - Montana, Manning E - Rivers, ect
I think defenses respecting Alfred Morris what he has done has also helped as well.

Seeing a lot of videos of some of the stuff that RG3 did at Baylor and some of the offense they did some of that was put in to this year's offense I like that we are using his strengths and not you know doing what Jim Mora jr did to Michael Vick and just simply wanted to make him a pocket QB something he never ever was.

I wont do the compare game either but I know media will compare RG3 and Luck for the rest of their careers and same for Luck-Manning, RG3-Vick-Newton, and whatever other comparisons that you can come up with.

If I had to rank the rookies thus far this year it would be

1. RG3
2. Andrew Luck
3. Alfred Morris
4. Russel Wilson
5. Derick Martin

Another steal late rookie RB that is really looking good the last 2 weeks is Bryce Brown(7th round pick)

Him and Morris tend to be proof that you dont need to take a RB in the 1st round or in the top 10 to get a good productive RB
Old 12-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Another steal late rookie RB that is really looking good the last 2 weeks is Bryce Brown(7th round pick)
Brown coming out of high school was the #1 overall recruit...he had major problems in his college career which led to him nearly not being drafted. Everyone knew he had top 1 or 2 round talent. But yes I do agree with what you said...backs can be had in the later rounds. Case in point...I'm a huge (depressed) Eagles fan. Westbrook - 3rd rounder. McCoy - 2nd rounder and I was soooo happy when we made this pick, I knew he was going to be a star. And now Brown.

Obviously it pays to draft a once in a lifetime back like Peterson in the first round but for the most part it doesn't work in the teams advantage IMO. A friend and I compare it to used cars...you're getting athletes with a lot of mileage on it already - you might as well try to steal one in the later rounds and pretty much beat the piss out of it...

Last edited by AspectRatio1986; 12-08-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
If I had to rank the rookies thus far this year it would be

1. RG3
2. Andrew Luck
3. Alfred Morris
4. Russel Wilson
5. Derick Martin
Wouldn't the fact that you have two skins players who are both on the offense tend to give Luck a boost to number 1? Would RG3 be #1 is Morris was not around? I doubt it. If I had a vote, I would be giving Wilson a serious shot at #1. That team was not supposed to do anything this year. Both the Seahawks and the Colts were predicted to win no more than 6 games each. The Skins on the other hand were actually supposed to be .500, because they had a pretty good base, esp on the D side.

PS When London Fletcher going to slow down?
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Wouldn't the fact that you have two skins players who are both on the offense tend to give Luck a boost to number 1? Would RG3 be #1 is Morris was not around? I doubt it. If I had a vote, I would be giving Wilson a serious shot at #1. That team was not supposed to do anything this year. Both the Seahawks and the Colts were predicted to win no more than 6 games each. The Skins on the other hand were actually supposed to be .500, because they had a pretty good base, esp on the D side.

PS When London Fletcher going to slow down?
I'm not sure really but who knows the thing with Wilson is dont get me wrong I think he has done great and should be among the voting for this but I think something that should be brought up as well is that the rookie of the year award is a more statistically driven award and not a MVP type award The Seahawks were a 7-9 team last year and had a solid team in there.

As for us supposed to be a .500 team not even close every media predicion I saw had us between 3-13 and 6-10 and RG3 has only had his #1 WR around for only 4 games Pierre Garcon.

Looking back on it and thinking a bit more my list I might actually flip Morris and Wilson

I think another thing is the Colts who were god awful last year might not be as bad as so many ppl think

If you are using the logic of that then Andy Dalton should have won the Rookie Of The Year award last year and not Cam Newton

Not dissing either as I think all 3 are going to have great careers.

Now for when will London Fletcher will slow down I dont know even small injuries aren even keeping him out and he's still playing a top level at the age of 37 the guy is one of the most underappreciated and underrated players ever hence it took until 2010 to get a pro bowl in fact all 3 of his times he's been to the pro bowl was as a injury replacement. The guy has been an alternate for the pro bowl 11 freaking times

Definatley a hall of famer once his career is finally over whenever that is
Old 12-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Luck > RGIII. I don't understand how this is even close. Media people are all over Griffin. Maybe because his division is a bigger deal (Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants are all high profile teams). Maybe because he's more exciting (no doubt about that).

But seriously, as a player, there's a pretty significant gap between the two. Luck can make more throws, has more responsiblity for the offense, makes better decisions about when to run, and goes through his progressions more thoroughly. Griffin has been spectacular but he's a level below Luck right now.

And poor Trent Richardson. He's about to go have double-digit touchdowns and close to 1500 yards of offense, and he won't get a single ROY vote. That's how impressive this class has been. If only Justin Blackmon didn't suck, this could be the best offensive draft class in history (as far as rookie years go, obviously).
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Quote:

I think another thing is the Colts who were god awful last year might not be as bad as so many ppl think

If you are using the logic of that then Andy Dalton should have won the Rookie Of The Year award last year and not Cam Newton
Not really accurate.

First off, the Skins were WAY better than the Colts last year. Forget about the records and the fact that Washington beat the eventual World Champions twice. Just look at the numbers. The Colts lost by an average of 11.7 ppg last year, while the Skins lost by an average of 4.9. Factor in the Colts had an easier schedule (losing to bums like Cleveland, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville TWICE), and one of their wins coming against TJ Yates... I mean, come on. Obviously, the Skins were supposed to be better than Indy this year.

Also, using the Newton/Dalton comparison isn't accurate. Dalton had AJ Green come on board with him to completely revamp the offense.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
I'm not sure really but who knows the thing with Wilson is dont get me wrong I think he has done great and should be among the voting for this but I think something that should be brought up as well is that the rookie of the year award is a more statistically driven award and not a MVP type award The Seahawks were a 7-9 team last year and had a solid team in there.
The rest of what you said is opinion and I guess we do not agree.

As for Seattle's record of 2011

They beat Az, NY Giants, Balt, Rams, Eagles, Rams and Bears.

Az sucked early in the season.
Most thought the Giants did not show up.
Balt was a decent win and at home (I am not a Flacco fan)
Both Rams games were easy wins against a shitty team.
Eagles sucked and it was at home
The Bears just died after Cutler went down.

Were are not talking a good 7-9 with one decent win of the 7.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
And poor Trent Richardson. He's about to go have double-digit touchdowns and close to 1500 yards of offense, and he won't get a single ROY vote. That's how impressive this class has been. If only Justin Blackmon didn't suck, this could be the best offensive draft class in history (as far as rookie years go, obviously).
I feel bad for Trent. If he had gone to a real team.............
Old 12-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Also, using the Newton/Dalton comparison isn't accurate. Dalton had AJ Green come on board with him to completely revamp the offense.
I still think Newton was ROY. He made a lot of great plays. Yes made tons of Rookie mistakes, but going into the year people thought he was going to totaly flop.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM
My Bengals lost in the last seconds to Dallas 20-19.

If it weren't for our dumb ass coach Marvin Lewis (who blew 3 timeouts in one quarter of the second half) we might have had a chance to stop them from charging up the field the last 2 minutes of the game. Now, we have to win all three of our last games (Eagles, Steelers, Ravens), which isn't going to be easy, and that STILL doesn't guarantee us a spot in the wild card.

Dear Mike "I don't give a shit" Brown,

Please fire Marvin Lewis.

Sincerely,

F*ck You!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Not really accurate.

First off, the Skins were WAY better than the Colts last year. Forget about the records and the fact that Washington beat the eventual World Champions twice. Just look at the numbers. The Colts lost by an average of 11.7 ppg last year, while the Skins lost by an average of 4.9. Factor in the Colts had an easier schedule (losing to bums like Cleveland, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville TWICE), and one of their wins coming against TJ Yates... I mean, come on. Obviously, the Skins were supposed to be better than Indy this year.

Not that I thought Indy was going to be better than the redskins but did you see where most media were picking the redskins this year because it was mostly between 3-13 to 6-10 and thats after drafting RG3 and signing Garcon

BTW Dalton's rookie year last year numbers are pretty much similar to Matt Ryan when he won rookie of the year in 2008

BTW significant gap between Luck over RG3

Number of pass attempts: Luck 503(3rd) RG3 325(23rd)
Completion %: Luck 55.5(32nd) RG3 67.1(6th)
Passing yards: 3,596(6th) RG3 2,660 (19th) -
Yards per attempt RG3 8.19(2nd, only Cam Newton's is higher) Luck's 7.15(17)
TDs: Luck and RG3 both have 17 despite you know Luck throwing the ball 178 more times

INTs: Luck 16(tied with Drew Brees for the most in the NFL) RG3 has 4 and Luck is throwing an INT every 31.43 pass attempts (3.2%), while RGIII is throwing one every 81.25 passes (1.2%).

QB Rating: Luck 76.1(29th) RG3 104.4(2nd) behind only Aaron Rodgers

RG3's rushing yards 714(21st)

Ya Luck's stats and everything as a player are so much better than RG3.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Quote:
BTW Dalton's rookie year last year numbers are pretty much similar to Matt Ryan when he won rookie of the year in 2008
But Ryan didn't win ROY against a guy like Cam. Those rookies sucked. I'm not saying Dalton wasn't a viable candidate. But Cam was the better choice. Also, again, Dalton had AJ Green with him. Cam rejuvenated a franchise on his own (at least for a year).

Quote:

Number of pass attempts: Luck 503(3rd) RG3 325(23rd)
Completion %: Luck 55.5(32nd) RG3 67.1(6th)
Passing yards: 3,596(6th) RG3 2,660 (19th) -
Yards per attempt RG3 8.19(2nd, only Cam Newton's is higher) Luck's 7.15(17)
TDs: Luck and RG3 both have 17 despite you know Luck throwing the ball 178 more times

INTs: Luck 16(tied with Drew Brees for the most in the NFL) RG3 has 4 and Luck is throwing an INT every 31.43 pass attempts (3.2%), while RGIII is throwing one every 81.25 passes (1.2%).

QB Rating: Luck 76.1(29th) RG3 104.4(2nd) behind only Aaron Rodgers

RG3's rushing yards 714(21st)

Ya Luck's stats and everything as a player are so much better than RG3.
At what point did I say Luck had better numbers? I said he's a better player. I don't care about numbers. I judge based on what I see and what I want as a quarterback. Numbers don't tell you everything in a team sport. Statistically speaking, there's not much of a difference between Monta Ellis and Dwyane Wade. But throw the numbers out and watch: who would you rather have?

It's the same with Luck and Griffin. Yes, RGIII-sus is having a wonderful season. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, the Rams should've kept the pick, drafted him, and shipped Bradford out for 40 cents on the dollar. But he's not as good as Luck. Doesn't make the same reads, doesn't have as consistent an arm, and isn't as accurate outside the numbers. Please never mention completion percentage again. It's a joke stat. Griffin is near the bottom of the league in terms of how far his passes actually travel in the air, so I don't care about his percentage. Just watch the games. You're entitled to your own opinion, as am I. And I am of the opinion that Luck is a less-stubborn Ben Roethlisberger or a stronger Aaron Rodgers, while Griffin is a slower Mike Vick with a weaker arm who will break down just as quickly.

EDIT: I mentioned something about Luck as a scrambler. No, he's not as dynamic as Griffin, but he's run for 21 first downs. He's a very effective runner. He knows when to take off and when to just extend a play and keep his eyes downfield. Does he run like Griffin? Of course not. But I'd rather have a predominantly pocket passer who can extend plays and runs when necessary than a guy who abandons a scheme too quckly.

Last edited by Darth Kenshin; 12-10-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
But Ryan didn't win ROY against a guy like Cam. Those rookies sucked. I'm not saying Dalton wasn't a viable candidate. But Cam was the better choice. Also, again, Dalton had AJ Green with him. Cam rejuvenated a franchise on his own (at least for a year).
Cam Newton has Steve Smith who always puts up big numbers (if he's healthy). He also has Williams and Stewart as RB's. So it's not like Dalton had the edge over Newton.

Also, you have to win to rejuvenate a team...so Cam hasn't really rejuvenated anything. lol
Old 12-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
You realize AJ Green was also a rookie too right? Also compared to other positions WRs traditionally dont have that huge of an impact immediately if that compared to other positions AJ Green is one of the rare ones

Quote:
At what point did I say Luck had better numbers? I said he's a better player. I don't care about numbers. I judge based on what I see and what I want as a quarterback. Numbers don't tell you everything in a team sport. Statistically speaking, there's not much of a difference between Monta Ellis and Dwyane Wade. But throw the numbers out and watch: who would you rather have?

It's the same with Luck and Griffin. Yes, RGIII-sus is having a wonderful season. Yes, he's a great player. Yes, the Rams should've kept the pick, drafted him, and shipped Bradford out for 40 cents on the dollar. But he's not as good as Luck. Doesn't make the same reads, doesn't have as consistent an arm, and isn't as accurate outside the numbers. Please never mention completion percentage again. It's a joke stat. Griffin is near the bottom of the league in terms of how far his passes actually travel in the air, so I don't care about his percentage. Just watch the games. You're entitled to your own opinion, as am I. And I am of the opinion that Luck is a less-stubborn Ben Roethlisberger or a stronger Aaron Rodgers, while Griffin is a slower Mike Vick with a weaker arm who will break down just as quickly.

EDIT: I mentioned something about Luck as a scrambler. No, he's not as dynamic as Griffin, but he's run for 21 first downs. He's a very effective runner. He knows when to take off and when to just extend a play and keep his eyes downfield. Does he run like Griffin? Of course not. But I'd rather have a predominantly pocket passer who can extend plays and runs when necessary than a guy who abandons a scheme too quckly.
You didnt but you made it seem like it should be close I'm not taking away what Luck has done this year for the record thanks to finding an actual live stream site this year I've been able to watch every redskins game compared to the usual 3-4 I get to watch. I've seen about 7 of Luck's games to me it just seems Luck has made more mistakes than Griffin this year.

Could Luck have a better career than Griffin possibly who knows and judging by your comments on Griffin indicates to me you havent seen too many redskins games this season other than the 2 years with Grossman/Beck/McNabb we have always been a running team 1st and the only defense to really contain Griffin this year has been Carolina's

I do love how you mention that completion percentage is a joke stat considering Drew Brees has led in that the past 3 years
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
You realize AJ Green was also a rookie too right? Also compared to other positions WRs traditionally dont have that huge of an impact immediately if that compared to other positions AJ Green is one
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought you implied that Dalton should've been ROY over Newton because his team made the playoffs. My point was that Dalton wasn't solely responsible for the team's turnaround, but also had AJ Green, who was magnificent, so it wouldn't be fair to credit Dalton for the Bengals' playoff run last season and hold it against Cam for the Panthers not making it simply because Dalton had more help.

Quote:
Could Luck have a better career than Griffin possibly who knows and judging by your comments on Griffin indicates to me you havent seen too many redskins games this season other than the 2 years with Grossman/Beck/McNabb we have always been a running team 1st and the only defense to really contain Griffin this year has been Carolina's
I'm an Eagles fan so I watch every NFC East team very closely. I watched a lot of Skins games this year. Again, Griffin is VERY good right now. I just think Luck is better. That's not an insult.

Looking at their talent, Luck has a better arm, makes better decisions, and is more accurate downfield. His turnovers come from trying to do too much, but I don't blame him for that. I feel if he had a more competent running game and a solid defense, he wouldn't try to make so many plays. A lot of qbs were like that. There's a reason Donovan McNabb, when he was an Eagle, had the lowest INT percentage in NFL history: he was able to rely on his defense. Griffin has a magnificent young running back, so he doesn't force much. Luck will do the same once the talent around him gets better.

Quote:
I do love how you mention that completion percentage is a joke stat considering Drew Brees has led in that the past 3 years
Doesn't matter. The fact is, completion percentage is a misleading stat. If you're completing 65% of your passes throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage, that doesn't make you an accurate passer. YPA also is irrelevant because it doesn't factor in a receiver's YAC. The Skins were among the league leaders in that category as a team a few weeks ago, so Griffin's YPA is inflated. The truth is, he throws a lot of short passes and his receivers make a lot of great plays.

But please, don't get me wrong. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD DO. They have a great running game and with his mobility, they can sustain drives without him throwing the ball deep. They also have receivers who are smart with the ball and can elude tackles, as well as block downfield. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'm saying it's inaccurate to call him a more accurate passer than Luck because his completion percentage is higher.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought you implied that Dalton should've been ROY over Newton because his team made the playoffs. My point was that Dalton wasn't solely responsible for the team's turnaround, but also had AJ Green, who was magnificent, so it wouldn't be fair to credit Dalton for the Bengals' playoff run last season and hold it against Cam for the Panthers not making it simply because Dalton had more help.
You probably did just I have heard the argument of Luck should be the ROY over Griffin for that reason of the Colts will make the playoffs which people dont realize that the redskins have that same chance too

Quote:
I'm an Eagles fan so I watch every NFC East team very closely. I watched a lot of Skins games this year. Again, Griffin is VERY good right now. I just think Luck is better. That's not an insult.

Looking at their talent, Luck has a better arm, makes better decisions, and is more accurate downfield. His turnovers come from trying to do too much, but I don't blame him for that. I feel if he had a more competent running game and a solid defense, he wouldn't try to make so many plays. A lot of qbs were like that. There's a reason Donovan McNabb, when he was an Eagle, had the lowest INT percentage in NFL history: he was able to rely on his defense. Griffin has a magnificent young running back, so he doesn't force much. Luck will do the same once the talent around him gets better.

Doesn't matter. The fact is, completion percentage is a misleading stat. If you're completing 65% of your passes throwing the ball behind the line of scrimmage, that doesn't make you an accurate passer. YPA also is irrelevant because it doesn't factor in a receiver's YAC. The Skins were among the league leaders in that category as a team a few weeks ago, so Griffin's YPA is inflated. The truth is, he throws a lot of short passes and his receivers make a lot of great plays.

But please, don't get me wrong. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE SHOULD DO. They have a great running game and with his mobility, they can sustain drives without him throwing the ball deep. They also have receivers who are smart with the ball and can elude tackles, as well as block downfield. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'm saying it's inaccurate to call him a more accurate passer than Luck because his completion percentage is higher.
In terms of your Luck vs Griffin arguement its a fair assessment when we traded for the pick to get Griffin there was a reason we went and signed Garcon and Josh Morgan over signing Vincent Jackson they can use their speed and this is dispite not having Garcon for about half the year. When given the opportunity he can launch it downfield pretty far we dont do it often because other than Garcon we really dont have anybody that can stretch the secondary

The times I see Griffin run that arent designed runs seems to me when he's not comfortable with anyone thats open hence the 2nd half of the Ravens game

In terms of rookies this is the deepest in terms of offensive rookies I may have ever seen like look at the ones who have had some form of an impact this season

Griffin
Luck
Wilson
Tannehill
Foles
Weeden
Cousins
Alfred Morris
Derick Martin
Trent Richardson
David Wilson
Bryce Brown
Vick Ballard
Justin Blackmon(kinda)

I cant think of anybody else really off hand on the offensive side
Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm so glad the Jets season is over my god that was a disaster of a game last night.

With the win over Cleveland we control our own destiny win both games and win the NFC East I realistically said 7-9 with an optimistically being 9-7 this year I would gladly be wrong to be 10-6

Actually all 3 NFC East teams control their own destiny(Giants for the wild card not the division tho)

I can easily see the Dallas-Washington game in week 17 being the Sunday nighter its pretty obvious

Oh and another thing glad to see the media is now eating crow about us picking Cousins in the 4th round
Old 12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
I can easily see the Dallas-Washington game in week 17 being the Sunday nighter its pretty obvious
It'll mimic the Dallas/NY Giants sunday nighter from Week 17 last year. Right down to the Cowboys being crushed. What a pathetic team.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post

Sloppy start but my birds are 2-0!!
Its been a sad, sad couple of months....hello top 5 pick!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
Its been a sad, sad couple of months....hello top 5 pick!
I went into "Who can the Eagles draft?" mode like 4 weeks ago. Sadly, this looks like the worst draft in recent memory. I would think Eagles go O-line, but who's the best tackle in the draft? Luke Joeckel? He's decent, but I don't think he's anywhere near the top tackles taken in the past few years (Kalil, Tyron Smith, big Trent, Joe Thomas, Jake Long, etc.). I envision Joeckel being more like a Russell Okung: a guy most people have ranked in the 10-15 range, but will go higher just because of need.

HOnestly, I hope Philly trades down and gets a few picks. They need a lot of help.

Anyway, couple other thoughts:
  • Calvin Johnson is not Jerry Rice. As Gruden said, they don't keep stats for meaningless yards. This was a record he said he wanted in the beginning of the year and the Lions have been force feeding him the last 6 weeks. What a joke.
  • Adrian Peterson will be Offensive Player of the Year. If the Vikings make the playoffs and he goes for over 2000 yards, he will also be the MVP over Peyton. However, how can he be Comeback Player of the Year? He only missed 1 game last year. I don't understand that award.
  • Right now, RGIII is the rookie of the year (I'd still MUCH rather build around Luck, but for this award, RGIII has a slight edge). Russell Wilson is closing in fast, though. I think Luck drops to #3 on my ballot. Last weekend of the year might determine the winner.
  • Speaking of rookies, Justin Blackmon finally looks right. I thought he was better in college than Dez Bryant and would be a better pro, so I was very disappointed in him this year. But these last couple of weeks he started to turn things around. Much credit to... Chad Henne?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM
I think the Steelers need to Draft A New QB and RB but I think need to draft a RB for they should have number 11th pick in the draft and should get a good one. I think we could get a good back up QB in the second round. Look at Cousins and Redskins.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
All I have to say playoffs hell fucking yeah!!!!!! Never did I think when we were 3-6 that this was going to happen and doing against choke Romo and Dallas is even sweeter.

Seattle should be a great matchup Russel Wilson vs RG3
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin2013 View Post
I think the Steelers need to Draft A New QB and RB but I think need to draft a RB for they should have number 11th pick in the draft and should get a good one. I think we could get a good back up QB in the second round. Look at Cousins and Redskins.
Very few high draft picks are used on running backs. Yeah, the Browns took Trent Richardson with a top 5 pick, but the Bucs didn't spend a first rounder on Doug Martin. And of course, there's Alfred Morris of Washington, who has been spectacular. I don't think Pitt will spend their top 15 pick on a running back.

Anyway, couple of awards:

MVP - Peyton Manning. This is who I would vote for if I had a vote. Adrian Peterson is going to win, but I'd give it to Manning because he was spectacular all season. Peterson finished strong and carried his team to a 4-1 record through a brutal December schedule, but I just think Peyton was better throughout the course of the entire season.

Offensive Player of the Year - Peterson. Just a monster offensive season. 6 YPC with over 300 carries? That's insane.

Defensive Player of the Year - JJ Watt. More versatile than Aldon Smith or Von Miller, and Charles Tillman slowed down toward the end (as did everyone on the Bears)

Offensive ROY - Russell Wilson. I've changed my opinion on this like 5 times in the last 3 weeks. Right now, Wilson gets a SLIGHT edge over RGIII in my mind because he had more wins against quality opponents and played every game. Luck trails mainly because I think the AFC is a joke and he cooled off a bit towards the end. Wouldn't argue against any of the 3, though (or Alfred Morris or Doug Martin, for that matter). What a year for rookies.

Defensive ROY - Luke Kuechly. So consistent. Granted, I didn't get to see him play too much, but when I did, he was everywhere. Led the league in tackles, made great reads, and was equally effective in passing situations as he was in running situations.

Coach of the Year - Mike Shanahan. Devised a perfect scheme to maximize the productivity of two great rookies and win the NFC East. I know Bruce Arians is gonna get a lot of votes for emotional reasons, but I like Shanahan.

Comeback Player of the Year - Peyton Manning. This award confuses me. People mention Peterson, but he only missed 1 game last season. I don't know why he's in the running. Whatever. It should be Peyton anyway, because Peterson just came back from injury quicker than any one we've seen. Peyton came back from injuries that were seriously career threatening. We never wondered if Peterson WOULD play again, just WHEN. Manning's situation was completely different.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Very few high draft picks are used on running backs. Yeah, the Browns took Trent Richardson with a top 5 pick, but the Bucs didn't spend a first rounder on Doug Martin. And of course, there's Alfred Morris of Washington, who has been spectacular. I don't think Pitt will spend their top 15 pick on a running back.
I think Pitt has a lot of injury and age concerns I think they go D or O-Line with their pick.

Quote:

MVP - Peyton Manning. This is who I would vote for if I had a vote. Adrian Peterson is going to win, but I'd give it to Manning because he was spectacular all season. Peterson finished strong and carried his team to a 4-1 record through a brutal December schedule, but I just think Peyton was better throughout the course of the entire season.
I see the case for Manning and Peterson. I would go Peterson only because what he did coming off a complete torn ACL and MCL tear is ridiculous usually takes about 2 years to fully recover

Quote:
Offensive Player of the Year - Peterson. Just a monster offensive season. 6 YPC with over 300 carries? That's insane.
Hard to agrue this if Peterson doesnt get MVP I think he definatley gets this

Quote:
Defensive Player of the Year - JJ Watt. More versatile than Aldon Smith or Von Miller, and Charles Tillman slowed down toward the end (as did everyone on the Bears)
Agree with this

Quote:
Offensive ROY - Russell Wilson. I've changed my opinion on this like 5 times in the last 3 weeks. Right now, Wilson gets a SLIGHT edge over RGIII in my mind because he had more wins against quality opponents and played every game. Luck trails mainly because I think the AFC is a joke and he cooled off a bit towards the end. Wouldn't argue against any of the 3, though (or Alfred Morris or Doug Martin, for that matter). What a year for rookies.
This offensive class is ridiculous Russel Wilson has had a great last 7-8 weeks glad he is finally getting some recognition playing in a market like Seattle it is hard tho to get any recognition among the major media like ESPN and SI now as for this well I have no problem if any of Wilson, RG3, Luck or Morris wins and I think all 4 are deserving of it. All 3 rookie QBs are in the postseason, Morris finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing yards and 3rd in TDs I almost want to pick him just as much as RG3

Quote:
Defensive ROY - Luke Kuechly. So consistent. Granted, I didn't get to see him play too much, but when I did, he was everywhere. Led the league in tackles, made great reads, and was equally effective in passing situations as he was in running situations.
I got to tell you I havent kept up with with the defensive players as much as the rookies there's him and the guy on the Rams Jenkins I think it is I have to do more digging on this

Quote:
Coach of the Year - Mike Shanahan. Devised a perfect scheme to maximize the productivity of two great rookies and win the NFC East. I know Bruce Arians is gonna get a lot of votes for emotional reasons, but I like Shanahan.
Very hard to disagree with this and just the thought I know it always goes to head coaches and Mike Shanahan has done a great job I think Kyle Shanahan has done an amazing job with this offense this year I know he is going to get some coaching opportunities this year personally I'd stay and only wait for the right opportunity and no coaching vacancy really is any enticing to make me want to go elsewhere at this point

Quote:
Comeback Player of the Year - Peyton Manning. This award confuses me. People mention Peterson, but he only missed 1 game last season. I don't know why he's in the running. Whatever. It should be Peyton anyway, because Peterson just came back from injury quicker than any one we've seen. Peyton came back from injuries that were seriously career threatening. We never wondered if Peterson WOULD play again, just WHEN. Manning's situation was completely different.
This is another one that can go either way now we didnt think either player would play the way they did and if we had to pick one it would likely be Manning because no way would I ever thought Peterson would ever come close to a rushing record not even close Peterson gets this for me I dont think he is going to get all 3 I think Manning gets this or the MVP vote

Just my 2 cents on this
Old 01-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:

3, .
I agree with you for the most part less Shans for coach of the year. I would give it to Seattle.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:25 PM
As much heat as Peyton is gonna get for losing yesterday, I have a couple of quick thoughts:

Broncos D is overrated. Not just that horrendous play at the end of the 4th (or that drive they gave up at the end of the first half). Their pass-rush was nonexistent.

Manning's pick wasn't a terrible decision. Looking at the replay, Stokley had a lot of space when he broke upfield. Manning's arm just wasn't strong enough to get it where it needed to be. Maybe because it was extremely late in the game, or maybe his arm strength never came back to the form it was back in 2006. Regardless, I didn't have a problem with him throwing the pass as opposed to throwing it away.

I thought the Broncos were donw when Moreno went out, but Ronnie Hillman is the real deal. Great performance.

Baltimore's offensive line is supposed to be physical, huge, and strong, but they handled the speed rushers of Denver pretty well. Much better than I thought they were.

In 2 years, Flacco has outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton Manning on the road in playoff games. Wow.

As for the other game, is Colin Kaepernick actually better than the rookie qbs that have been getting all the attention this year? I know he's not a rookie, but he looks more polished than Luck, more intelligent than Griffin (avoids the big hits and is way more decisive), and has a stronger throwing arm that all of them. I picked SF to go to the Super Bowl at the beginning of the season, but not because of this kid. He's the truth.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Soooo the NFL is underway tonight. My Fins vs the Cowgirls. I just hope no one gets hurt.

Who is everyone's Super Bowl pick this year?

I got Denver over Green Bay
Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Broncos are the logical choice. Nice off-season additions (particularly Cromartie, if he gets healthy) and they were pretty close last year.

My gut tells me Broncos/Colts in the AFC Championship game, and Falcons/Seahawks in the NFC, but those are asy picks to make. I'll think about it more and make bolder predictions later.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 AM
NFC is pretty hard to predict, because you have the four obvious really good teams from the last year or two -- 49ers, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers -- but then you can easily see different dark horses making a deep push -- Giants, Saints, Bears -- and then even some good-but-not-great teams where I think it is within the realm of possibility (though very unlikely) that this is the year they make a Giants circa 07 run when nobody is expecting it -- Cowboys, Lions, Redskins.

The AFC is equally hard to predict, but for different reasons. From a logical on paper standpoint the Broncos are the only real option. The two AFC Champ teams from the last couple years -- Patriots, Ravens -- have had their rosters decimated. The next alternatives from the last couple years are these sort of vanilla good-but-never-great teams like the Texans and Steelers. And then there are the two up-and-coming teams with their own set of question marks which it is hard to make the leap to "super bowl team" like the Colts (QB is good, roster is not) and the Bengels (QB is questionable, roster is good). But all that said, do you really want to bet on the Broncos? Doesn't the team give you the sense that somehow they will screw it up? Isn't there just something that feels off about the team?

Anyway, I'll give it some thought.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:17 PM
my Fins arent looking that great so far this preseason BUT at least the Jets are looking worse haha

lol at Mark Sanchez
Old 08-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Sanchez hurt and Gino Smith looked bad in his preseason start. The Bills are starting an undrafted rookie in week 1 and signed Matt Leinart from his couch.

I'm so glad we dont have these QB problems anymore

As for us I like what I see from some of our rookies David Amerson and Rambo. I'd rather the veterans not play as much. The Pittsburgh game we got lucky with some of the guys being hurt not being that serious. I'm really ready for the season to start at this point

The injuries some of the players have gotten during preseason/training camp have just been ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
NFC is pretty hard to predict, because you have the four obvious really good teams from the last year or two -- 49ers, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers -- but then you can easily see different dark horses making a deep push -- Giants, Saints, Bears -- and then even some good-but-not-great teams where I think it is within the realm of possibility (though very unlikely) that this is the year they make a Giants circa 07 run when nobody is expecting it -- Cowboys, Lions, Redskins.

The AFC is equally hard to predict, but for different reasons. From a logical on paper standpoint the Broncos are the only real option. The two AFC Champ teams from the last couple years -- Patriots, Ravens -- have had their rosters decimated. The next alternatives from the last couple years are these sort of vanilla good-but-never-great teams like the Texans and Steelers. And then there are the two up-and-coming teams with their own set of question marks which it is hard to make the leap to "super bowl team" like the Colts (QB is good, roster is not) and the Bengels (QB is questionable, roster is good). But all that said, do you really want to bet on the Broncos? Doesn't the team give you the sense that somehow they will screw it up? Isn't there just something that feels off about the team?

Anyway, I'll give it some thought.
NFC is by far the deeper conference. Out of the top 12 teams in the league I got 8 of them from the NFC. Its hard to really pick a clear favourite in the AFC. Von Miller's suspension hurts Denver, Ravens have lots of turnover from last year, This is probably Houston's best shot. I think Cincinnati could make a jump I like them the most in the AFC North

I'm coming up with predictions trouble with where to place some teams so giving this some thought too
Old 09-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Alright its time for predictions. Lets see what I get right and possibly wrong this year

AFC EAST

New England Patriots (11-5) Even with losing Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, and Gronkowski missing probably a month they will be fine. Still clearly the best team in the division

Miami Dolphins (9-7) Losing Dustin Keller really hurts 2nd wild card spot is wide open and with a young team. Tannehill can be a really good player for Miami

Buffalo Bills (6-10) You know its bad when they are carrying 2 QBs on their roster and the one starting is an undrafted rookie. Yikes

New York Jets (3-13) They have no real good playmakers or any players with any skill and the defense isnt any better. Somehow this team gets 3 wins. Rex Ryan also gets fired by week 10.

AFC NORTH

Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) Defense is really good. Offense is improving with one of the best WRs in the game in AJ Green. Best time to win this division is now

Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) O-Line issues, Can Rothlisberger stay healthy?, Defense is also getting older too

Baltimore Ravens (8-8) Lots of roster turnover. Loss of Boldin will be a huge dent for Flacco and the Ravens as he was huge in key moments last year

Cleveland Browns (7-9) Might very well be a little better than some people think. Defense is good. I need another year on Weeden tho

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texans (12-4) With the AFC wide open no better time than now to take advantage

Indianapolis Colts (9-7) I know it was huge surprise for them to make it and they could be really good this year and repeat it. Might be tougher with a much tougher schedule then they had last year

Tennessee Titans (7-9) There is nothing that really stands out at all on here

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12) I'm pretty sure Blaine Gabbert is still not the answer at QB

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos (11-5) If it wasnt for Von Miller's suspension I would have had them at 12-4 or possibly 13-3.

Kansas City Chiefs (7-9) Cant be worse than last year. Is Alex Smith really this good outside of San Francisco

San Diego Chargers (6-10) Phillip Rivers seems like he's no longer elite.

Oakland Raiders (6-10) One of 3 teams to carry 4 QBs into the season and like the Jets none of them arent really that good

AFC DIVISION WINNERS
Houston
Denver
New England
Cincinnati

Wild Cards
Indianapolis
Miami

NFC EAST
Washington Redskins (10-6) The 3rd team to carry 4 QBs. Season is tied a little bit to RG3's health and seems fine. I just would like ESPN, SI and the rest of the media to get their damn stories straight and stop trying to create negative crap like Dr. Andrews having concerns when he really doesnt and trying to create a rift between RG3 and Shanahan during training camp that wasnt even there to begin with. Best Redskins team I've seen since early 90s

New York Giants (9-7) Will always be a threat with Eli Manning at the helm and a real good defensive line. Were on route to the playoffs until they choked it in the 2nd half last year

Dallas Cowboys (8-8) Another year of "This will be the year" from ESPN and the media. After 7 straight years might want just stop and realize this is still an average team

Philadelphia Eagles (6-10) It actually wouldnt surprise me if they end up being better than most people think. Defense might have its issues. Might not win a lot but teams will likely earn their wins this year instead of last year when they just gave teams wins last year in the 2nd half

NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers (11-5) If it wasnt for their suspect D I would probably have them as favourites in the NFC

Chicago Bears (9-7) If anyone can turn Jake Cutler into a pro bowl winning QB its Marc Trestman who has in impressive resume. People should also do research and look at what he did as an Offensive Co-ordinator in the NFL and not just as a coach in the CFL

Minnesota Vikings (8-8) I believe in Adrian Peterson I just dont believe in Christian Ponder or the Vikings secondary

Detroit Lions (7-9) Will be better than last year but I dont see with that secondary they can compete with the rest of the division

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans Saints (11-5) Surprise!!!! Generally there are at least 3 different division winners every year. One I have already covered earlier(Cincinnati) The 2nd one is here(that should give away the 3rd one) With Sean Payton returning the offense is more fluid than last year. Defense cant be worse even if it is the overrated Rob Ryan as the Defensive Co-ordinator

Atlanta Falcons (11-5) Despite me not picking them to win the division they should still be able to make the playoffs. Matt Ryan finally won a playoff game. Got to do more tho now

Tampa Bay Buccanneers (8-8) Does Revis help the secondary? It should I'm not sure if it helps get them over the top. Could very well sneak into the playoffs

Carolina Panthers (7-9) Cam Newton looked like he turned the corner in the 2nd half last year.

NFC WEST
Seattle Seahawks (12-4) Coincidentally team got better during the season along with Russel Wilson once they started to implement the read option that the Redskins were using to great success

San Francisco 49ers (11-5) The other team to input a read option style right after it started working. Not having Crabtree this year really is going to hurt tho

St. Louis Rams (9-7) They arent doormats anymore and could very well get the 2nd wild card spot NFC West in a span of 2 years has gone from a joke to being one of the strongest divisions in football

Arizona Cardinals (4-12) Carson Palmer improves the offense but with what is probably the worst offensive line in the NFL I doubt he survives the season

NFC DIVISIONAL WINNERS
Seattle
Green Bay
New Orleans
Washington

WILD CARDS
Atlanta
San Francisco

MVP Russel Wilson
Offensive Player Of The Year: Drew Brees
Defensive Player Of The Year: J.J. Watt
Offensive Rookie: Tavon Austin
Defensive Rookie: Dion Jordon
Breakout Player(s) Darryl Richardson(STL) Lamar Miller (MIA) David Wilson (NYG)

The "Alfred Morris" of this year's draft - Kenjon Barner(CAR) - Jonthan Stewart is hurt, DeAngelo Williams is almost at the point of breaking down. Likely the best chance of all the 6th round RBs to have some sort of an impact.

As for the Playoffs

AFC Championship
Houston over Denver

NFC Championship
Seattle over Washington

Superbowl
Seattle over Houston

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 09-01-2013 at 10:08 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Man, gotta say, I was very disappointed in how the Pats used Mr. Tebow.

I thought they could be creative and convince him to take on a different role. He's not an NFL quarterback, but he's a specimen with good running instincts and a great work ethic. They couldn't convince him to play tight end or something?

Dude's career is over unless he finally realizes he's not a qb and starts playing h-back or something. Would be great in the backfield of Green Bay's Fullhouse package.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Here are my week one pick ems (winning team in BOLD)

Ravens at Broncos
Patriots at Bills
Bengals at Bears
Dolphins at Browns
Falcons at Saints
Bucs at Jets
Titans at Steelers
Vikings at Lions
Raiders at Colts
Seahawks at Panthers
Chiefs at Jaguars
Cardinals at Rams
Packers at 49ers
Giants at Cowboys
Eagles at Redskins
Texans at Chargers
Old 09-05-2013, 08:01 PM
great predictions horrorfreak.

I am seeing a lot of people picking the Seahawks (and they are the number one team on ESPN's preseason power rankings). Their D is the best in the league and it will be really interesting to see if Wilson takes them all the way.

My Picks would go as

AFC
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3.Texans
4. Bengals

Wild Card
5. Steelers
6. Dolphins

NFC
1. 49ers
2. Saints
3. Packers
4. Cowboys

Wildcard
5. Falcons
6. Redskins

Super Bowl pick Packers over Broncos

I also agree that the Patriots are still the number one team in the AFC East. My Dolphins have a great chance of knocking them off (hopefully) to be the AFC East champs (haven't been champs since 2008)

And I see that you are a Redskins fan. Best of luck! Can't wait to see RG3 tear it up this season. Really hope he stays healthy cause he seems like a standup player

Last edited by echo_bravo; 09-05-2013 at 08:05 PM..