Name:	319539_171443753000765_1496111449_n.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	11043   Click image for larger version

Name:	66075_168572313287909_1807248191_n.png
Views:	40
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	11044  

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-02-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Well... DUH.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM
So it's Call of Duty 4: 4
Old 12-06-2012, 04:49 PM
For a game franchise that relies on having a healthy online community, it seems idiotic to churn them out as quickly as this company does. I'll never buy a game in this franchise because I know the player base will just hop to the next game within a year.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
For a game franchise that relies on having a healthy online community, it seems idiotic to churn them out as quickly as this company does. I'll never buy a game in this franchise because I know the player base will just hop to the next game within a year.
You know, I was kinda in the same mindset, but it doesn't seem to matter at all anymore. These games sell so insanely well - it's like the gamers are hooked on meth. Guys are prestige-ing within a few days of release. This series is just a fucking juggernaut with no signs of slowing down. Hell, even if the sales fell in half, it would still be among the most successful games of all time.

I hear that older titles get riddled with bugs and exploits the older they are. I don't know about that, but I found MW3 far more playable a couple months ago, mostly because I didn't have any of the map packs so the competition wasn't really that fierce.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 AM
It's not like they are really that bad quality when compared to 90% of the other games that get released.

It's just like the iPhone, it was so revolutionary at first that people started getting upset when the new models didn't change much. But really what else is there to change? Especially when it sells so well already.

Asking the person in first place to be innovative is just never going to happen.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, yeah, I mean they're breaking sales records with almost every release. There's no reason for them to slow down from a financial perspective. But from the perspective of a gamer, when I invest $60 into a game that thrives with a reliable online community, I want to get a couple of years out of it. But right now I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on games, so I often wait until they go on sale. With the CoD games, that would happen around the time the new game is released, so the majority of the player base would have already moved on.

That's why I like Valve and the L4D games, they don't churn them out as often as most other franchises. They let the community grow and get comfortable. They release brand new material, for free! It's like they actually respect the player base and quality game play, and see beyond the dollar signs.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
Well, yeah, I mean they're breaking sales records with almost every release. There's no reason for them to slow down from a financial perspective. But from the perspective of a gamer, when I invest $60 into a game that thrives with a reliable online community, I want to get a couple of years out of it. But right now I don't have a lot of extra money to spend on games, so I often wait until they go on sale. With the CoD games, that would happen around the time the new game is released, so the majority of the player base would have already moved on.

That's why I like Valve and the L4D games, they don't churn them out as often as most other franchises. They let the community grow and get comfortable. They release brand new material, for free! It's like they actually respect the player base and quality game play, and see beyond the dollar signs.
In this day an age, getting a years worth of gameplay for 60 dollars is a steal. Most games are finished in like 6 to 8 hours. When you compare it to 90% of releases, even getting 1 year of play (which to be honest is NOWHERE near accurate, people still play Modern Warfare 1) is a really really good investment for your money.

Not that I don't understand your point. And yes, Valve is a bad ass company that clearly cares about integrity of their company and games they produce. Obviously though, keeping your integrity is thinking long term financially.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Blah, this isn't surprising but I haven't seen any articles confirming this on IGN or Gamespot, strangely enough.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Modern Warfare 4: New Call of Duty confirmed for 2013

oday during Activision’s quarterly conference call, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg announced that 2013 will see the release of another Call of Duty title. Hirshberg did not reveal any details about the new game, other than that it would be arriving in 2013 and would continue to “set the bar high” for the competitors of the franchise.

Will Activision reveal Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 later this year? Looking back, it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if Activision continued the Modern Warfare franchise in 2013. 2011′s Modern Warfare 3 saw that fans haven’t quite yet had their fill of that portion of the Call of Duty franchise, if sales of the game are any indication.

A team consisting of Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software and the remaining Infinity Ward staff pumped out a game that was on par with its predecessors, and made some meaningful advances in the gameplay as to indicate that they were fully capable of taking over the reigns on this franchise every other year.

Activision hasn’t made any announcements about what the next Call of Duty would be, but given its track record, an announcement or leak should probably be expected within the next couple of months. The company has produced a Modern Warfare and Black Ops title every other year since 2009, and has seen a rigid information release schedule over the years that would lend to this assumption that their next game will be Modern Warfare 4.

However, this year could be somewhat different for Activision and the Call of Duty franchise. The executives on the Activision earnings call indicated next generation systems could be arriving in the next year, which we presume them to be speaking of the Xbox “720″ and PlayStation 4. Hirshberg didn’t get into details about whether this next Call of Duty game would arrive on new consoles at launch, but with how big of a money maker it’s been for the publisher, it’s probably safe to assume that it will.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/mo...confirmed-2013

attached image found HERE. The photo is dated for 2/5/2013. The image [if real] also confirmes BATTLEFIELD 4

more info @ http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/02/...ing-this-year/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	c07f513c700b11e28fa722000a1fbcea_7.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	11341  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-07-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Call of Duty: Ghosts – Rumoured Again – YES Again!

…We were told of this rumour in 2011 - now it's back from the dead…

The Call of Duty Ghost game rumour has been doing the rounds for more time than you might actually care to realise. We were first told of this news waaaaaaaay back in the early days of 2011 when we were informed (reliably) that Sledgehammer Games were working on a title that would bring back ‘Ghost’ from the dead. Our website CMS has changed within that time and we can only link you to proof through 1UP

The game at that time would be based on events surrounding the Ghost squad Task Force 141 inbetween the events of the original Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 from Infinity ward. We were also told that flashback sequences would be present to see the Modern Warfare story from a whole different point of view – led by Ghost – the character from Modern Warfare 2 who sadly died, such a loss… or did he? Careful watching of that moment you will spot that you are led to believe Ghost is covered in petrol, but only one of the two shot victims in the Modern Warfare 2 scene are doused?

It has been factually confirmed, somewhere far and distant, but it’s out there that Sledgehammer cancelled the game project they were working on to later move onto Modern Warfare 3 with Infinity Ward at the instruction of Activision. It is claimed Call of Duty: Ghosts features dynamic loading screens (such as rappelling from a helicopter or breaking a window to enter an area) and has destructive environments in single-player (these may be implemented in multiplayer later) – and additionally detailing that Spec-Ops has been replaced. Now that Modern Warfare 3 is already ancient history, but still greatly loved online – maybe, this ‘Ghost’ game has been reinstated, tweaked and modernised for a release later this year on next-gen platforms.

Or maybe not?

Until Activision make their official announcements usually around May time we can only speculate on what exciting changes lie ahead for the Call of Duty franchise to make it bigger and more dominant in the first-person-shooter genre.

It’s also worth taking into account that the apparent ‘source’ of this leak – a youtube guy who’s details and video we spotted on IGN, could have fabricated this rumour based on the ending of a fan-made trailer that gave the impression it was related to the next Call of Duty reveal – that video stated “and the GHOSTS will rise”.

Seems a little coincidental…

http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/call-o...ain-yes-again/

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-23-2013 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Next Call of Duty Reportedly Called ‘Ghosts’

Activision’s next Call of Duty title is reportedly called Call of Duty: Ghosts. The rumor comes via YouTube user Drift0r who claims that a “very legitimate” source provided him with information regarding the game’s announcement, modes and much more.

According to Drift0r, Ghosts is straying away from the Modern Warfare brand but will similarly use present-day weaponry. The game is set in the future but a plot point will force characters to use weapons from the past. Ghosts will change player movement, allowing them to dash and slide while shooting, peek around corners and roll side-to-side while prone.

Ghosts allegedly features dynamic loading screens (such as rappelling from a helicopter or breaking a window to enter an area) and has destructive environments in single-player (these may be implemented in multiplayer later). Spec Ops has also been replaced by a new mode.

Ghosts will reportedly only be released on next-generation consoles and PC, which fits with previous rumors that Infinity Ward is creating a next-gen Call of Duty title. According to Drift0r, Ghosts is targeting early May for its announcement.

We’ve reached out to Activision about the rumor and will update this story with any comment we receive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...-called-ghosts

THE VIDEO IS HERE
Old 03-23-2013, 09:58 AM
found this strange video on youtube

Video name: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 - The Movie Reveal (FANMADE)
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJ_RfwaF3Q
Users link: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeroTwoFourOne

now here is the strange part. There is the info that accompanies the video:

Published on Mar 22, 2013

Hello, ZeroTwoFourOne here. I sincerely regret that it's taking me so long to speak to you. But the thing I wanna talk about are these fan-made teaser trailers. In total, it took me about 8 hours to collect those together and make this website. It is very easy to do, if you know the basics. Don't fall into that, it's only made by me.

But anyways, thanks everyone for watching the trailer (fan-made movie reveal).
The credits go to Jeff Chan's video "Occupation" and the BeatDownBoogie's "Modern War Gear Solid".

By the way, next Call of Duty is gonna be called Ghosts (a.k.a. codename MW4).
Again thanks everyone for watching. The truth is revealed only from developers, not from the other YouTube accounts or anything else. Peace =)

By the way... Tatty (InsideGameNews), NextGenTactics, GAM3VIDZ annnnd maybeee KodClips - hi mates XD

Director's channel: http://www.jeffchan.tv/
Movie: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Developer: Infinity Ward, Neversoft, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software
Publisher: Activision
Release date: 11.12.13

Plz voice you thoughts. I'd like to hear them
Old 03-23-2013, 02:06 PM
I've read some reports that suggest Ghosts will be a next-generation exclusive. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure Activision will have some exclusive content for the latter, but to think of a company pulling such a move is borderline complete financial stupidity.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:27 PM
This franchise is so powerful that if you make it a console exclusive it's still going to sell millions.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Rumor: Infinity Ward Hints At New Call Of Duty With A New Image Of Captain Price

A couple of minutes ago, Infinity Ward has revealed – via its official FB page – a new image of Captain Price. This new image is probably a teaser for the upcoming reveal of the next Call of Duty title, and we can safely assume that Captain Price will be featured in it. After all, there wouldn’t be any reason to share such a picture if that wasn’t a hint, right? Naturally, Infinity Ward has not revealed anything other than this image that was placed as a cover photo.

This isn’t the first hint we got this week for the next Call of Duty title. Two days ago, a mysterious teaser trailer appeared on the Internet. Even though it looked fishy, Activision did not comment on it and did not debunk it. In addition, the teaser trailer showed Captain Price.

There was another rumor, earlier this week, suggesting that the next Call of Duty title would be called Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Everything is a bit unclear at the moment, and those three incidents , happening at the same time, could be a mere coincidence. However, it’s a bit fishy for Infinity Ward to change its cover picture to Captain Price. And we all know that timing is everything.

As said and before, take everything you just read with a grain of salt. However, we are almost certain that there is something going on in the background, so stay tuned for more!
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/infini...captain-price/

Note: Article was posted om 3/28
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new_callofduty_tease.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	11814  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-01-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 03:05 PM
'CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS' confirmed via Target ad + UK temp art

UK Retailer Tesco Posts Call of Duty: Ghosts Box Art + Target Ad

tesco.com

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!
CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS arrives on 11/5/13

[update 2]

Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Facebook page
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CODG.png
Views:	13
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	12016   Click image for larger version

Name:	target ad.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	12017  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-24-2013 at 06:08 PM..
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Call Of Duty: Ghosts Reveal On May 1, Xbox 720 And PS4 Release?

It had to be soon. The next Call of Duty title, rumored to be Call of Duty: Ghosts, has a possible announcement date.

Promotional material was sent to retail stores, including GameStop, for display on May 1.
The date coincides with the reveal of Call of Duty: Black Ops II last year during the NBA Playoffs.

Earlier this week, the subtitle Ghosts as well as possible box art was leaked on U.K. retailer Tesco’s website.

Based on the promotional material, it is safe to assume that the next Call of Duty will at least appear on PS3 an Xbox 360, as expected.

However, with the PS4 already revealed and the next Xbox, which the Internet has dubbed the Xbox 720, being announced May 21, it is entirely possible that the next entry in Activision’s winning franchise will appear on next-gen consoles.

It should also be noted that Call of Duty 2 was a launch title for the Xbox 360 and Call of Duty 3 a year later was a launch title for the PS3 and the Wii.

Like its predecessor, Call of Duty: Ghosts is rumored to take place in the future, but have players using up to date weapons rather than futuristic ones.

The box art that showed up on Tesco’s website shows a soldier pulling the same mask that the character Ghost wore in Modern Warfare 2. The box art also had the Infinity Ward logo on the bottom, going along with the every other year tradition with Treyarch that has thus far been upheld.

While Tesco gave a release date of December 31, 2013, the game appeared on Target’s website the next day with a November 5 release date, which falls more in line with when the other games in the series came out.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/83...s4-release.htm

[update] *added a photo of an alleged GameStop 'display blueprint' sent to IGN
http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-may-1-reveal/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_300862_thumb_wide940.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	12047  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-27-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 05:26 PM

A website for the next Call of Duty game has gone live at the URL http://www.callofduty.com/______. Users will find a picture forming on the site that is aggregated from Twitter users tweeting the #CallofDuty hashtag.

The game is rumored to be titled Call of Duty: Ghosts, which matches the number of underscores in the above URL. “Ghosts” also
conveniently shares a name with Modern Warfare 2 character Simon “Ghost” Riley, whose famous mask is what the image appears to be forming. It will reportedly be the first Call of Duty game on next-gen consoles.

[update]

here is a small sized image of the MOSAIC IMAGE that is made up for Twitter & facebook user's profile images..yes, I made it into the image. The image looks alot like GHOST'S MASK..

[update 2]

Here is a GIF of what the Mosaic is doing..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	callofdutygame.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	12080   Click image for larger version

Name:	201_01627_big.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	12081  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-29-2013 at 06:38 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
MORE INFO

the URL for this teaser site, callofduty.com/______, has six blank underscores, which is how many letters are in the word “Ghosts.”
To further support the theory that the new game is Call of Duty: Ghosts, a tagline that reads “The Ghosts Are Real” is popping up on many popular Call of Duty websites and YouTube pages.

In line with CharlieIntel's pic:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/29/ca...-hidden-image/

More youtube accounts with the BG headed that says " The Ghosts are real":
http://www.youtube.com/PrestigeIsKey

###

charlieINTEL.com ‏@charlieINTEL [1m]
@CallofDuty ____: is the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear, in visible
form or other manifestation, to the living

Here is an image that is in the Source code of that Call of Duty website. The name of this image is "feather_mask.png"

Website UPDATE

update 9:44pm

charlieINTEL.com ‏@charlieINTEL 4m
http://CallofDuty.com has stopped accepting new users for the Mosaic. High-res image of the Mosaic:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	feather_mask (1).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	12084   Click image for larger version

Name:	BJEDKoBCUAAV0F9.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	12086  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-29-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM
The Mosaic image is COMPLETE

appearently, very late last night the viral Mosaic image for the Next Call Of Duty [assumed to be CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS] became COMPLETE. Here is the Completed image...

I work today.So, I will let you guys know what I find...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COD VIRAL.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	12087  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-30-2013 at 03:56 AM..