Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
The Phantom Pain

The Debut Trailer

So this previewed at the VGA's and is pretty creepy. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be its own game or if its some sort of teaser for Metal Gear 5 like some places are speculating. I'll admit the first thing i thought of the playable character when i saw him was that he looked a lot like Snake/Big Boss so i suppose its possible.

Anyone got any info on this?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 AM
I have a feeling that "The Phantom Pain" in some sort of way may in fact be a cover for 'MGS5'

here is a link: http://tmblr.co/Z2o2puYwL_Ie

one good thing to do is: go to Tumblr and type in metal gear solid 5

'flarevortex' on tumblr. He/she has a compairisons of 'Phantom Pain' and MGS

tumblr user 'lifezealot' has a cool gif

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-27-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Caught the trailer at the VGAs. Weird. I'm not sure what to think. I personally hated the last MGS so I'm hoping it's something completely different.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I hadn't even heard anything about this til last night when my friend told me about it. I checked out the trailer and loved the tease. Then I read everyone's opinions and I now believe this will be a Metal Gear game. There are too many coincidences. I'm hell excited though. Looks so cool. Love MGS
Old 03-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Phantom Pain Twitter Photo Proves Kojima Involvement - MGS5?

A photo tweeted by Hideo Kojima seems to confirm the Metal Gear Solid creator's involvement in The Phantom Pain.

Kojima tweeted this photo of a game trailer being edited, which shows the title of the file to include 'TPP'.

It says: ""TPP_GDC 2013_720p_esrb"

It means the project, heavily hinted to be a game relating to the Metal Gear franchise in some way, could be Metal Gear Solid 5.
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1858153...ment_mgs5.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Found this image on tumblr. The image's caption is:
New render of Bolid Bake in XOC Engine, the advanced super engine used in Phantom Pain trailer.

"Bolid Blake" sounds ALOT LIKE Solid Snake...LOL

http://fiveserpentsteeth.tumblr.com/...xoc-engine-the
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF3zZd7CIAEUHeH.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	11709   Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mjomageFmC1qcxd4qo1_1280.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	11710  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-21-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Found this image on tumblr. The image's caption is:
New render of Bolid Bake in XOC Engine, the advanced super engine used in Phantom Pain trailer.

"Bolid Blake" sounds ALOT LIKE Solid Snake...LOL

http://fiveserpentsteeth.tumblr.com/...xoc-engine-the
**Finally gets out of that crazy hospital and meets up with some ppl**

Person: What's your name?

Patient: I dunno, i think its..... Bolid Bake?

Person: .... you mean Solid Snake?

Patient: No..... no, i'm pretty sure its Bolid Bake.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
PART 1: 'Phantom Pain' confirmed as 'MGS5'!

Quote:
I have a feeling that "The Phantom Pain" in some sort of way may in fact be a cover for 'MGS5'
Kojima Productions head Hideo Kojima this morning announced that The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
combined is actually Metal Gear Solid V
, the first next-gen game from Kojima Productions running on its powerful FOX Engine.
The news was revealed today during a FOX Engine panel at the Game Developers Conference. Kojima announced the combination
of the previously announced concepts in a dramatic fashion, with his head wrapped in bandages, presumably as his alter ego Joakim
Mogren. They provided a sneak peek trailer at the game's opening sequence, where Snake is attempting to escape from a hospital
-- the trailer previously teased in late 2012. As FOX Engine is a next-gen platform, we're assuming that the game is heading to
next-gen consoles, but Kojima's not saying anything solid just yet.

Update: GamesHQMedia managed to snag a trailer of the game, which we've embedded below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G8qugKFaVLE

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/27/metal-gear-solid-5/

The Game will OFFICIALLY be known as:

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN

so far, this game will arrive for the XBOX 360 and the PlayStation 3

Here are some screen caps.....The last image is my FAVORITE!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-16h08m05s150.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	11776   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-16h08m14s242.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	11777   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-16h03m09s12.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	11779   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-03-27-16h02m58s157.jpg
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	11780  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-27-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 PM
PART 2: 'Ground Zeroes' is the prologue portion of Metal Gear Solid 5

In typical Kojima fashion, Metal Gear Solid 5 was shown off, separately, as three different things: Ground Zeroes, an open-world game about a rescue mission; The Phantom Pain, about a recovering amputee under attack, and finally, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. In a tweet (or, technically, a Twitlonger post) following the panel, Hideo Kojima cleared up the relationship between all these seemingly different properties.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/27/gr...-gear-solid-5/

[update]

Here is the official website:

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	snaaaaaaaaaaake.jpg
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	11781   Click image for larger version

Name:	tppgdc2013-05.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	11782   Click image for larger version

Name:	tppgdc2013-06.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	11783   Click image for larger version

Name:	tppgdc2013-10.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	11785   Click image for larger version

Name:	logo_tpp.png
Views:	15
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	11786  

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-27-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM
David Hayter says he wasn't asked to voice Metal Gear Solid 5

One thing you should have noticed in the today's trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5 is the supposed voice work of Kiefer Sutherland. Sutherland is most certainly not David Hayter, previous voice talent for Big Boss and Solid Snake since the series' humble beginnings on PlayStation, who's indicated he won't be reprising a starring role.

"Well look, at least I had a good run," Hayter tweeted today, likely after seeing the news himself. He also replied "nope" to another Twitter user, who inquired if Hayter was asked to reprise his roles as voice actor. Snake losing his voice is quite a phantom pain in itself, except for the whole Kiefer Sutherland part.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/27/da...l-gear-solid-5
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Confirmed! Kiefer Sutherland is the voice of Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5

Quote:
One thing you should have noticed in the today's trailer for Metal Gear Solid 5 is the supposed voice work of Kiefer Sutherland.
Speaking during a pre-E3 press conference, Kojima said he needed someone who could deliver the expressive qualities of a much older Snake.

"I needed someone who could convery facial and vocal qualities of a man at his age, so I asked a producer
friend of mine in Hollywood, Avi Arad, for advice," said Kojima."He's the one who introduced me to Mr. Kiefer Sutherland."
"I felt that he was the perfect fit in terms of age and performance," he added. "Kiefer immediately understood what I was looking for."
During the stream Sutherland appeared and spoke of his respect and admiration for the Metal Gear Solid series.
"It's an honour to be able to play this character, this character has a legacy, there's a real personal quality to the character that I've connected to," he said.
"I'm not a gamer and even I knew about this game. I was certainly keenly aware of the legacy of these games, the unbelievable success of these games."

Sutherland continued on to say the role has allowed him to take on new challenges as an actor.
"I've never done facial capture before," he said. "They can catch every line that changes in your face, the character in the video game is doing exactly what I'm doing while I'm reading the script. That's impressive."
"Trying to isolate 'what does Snake want for the future?' and 'how does the past way on him?', there's a characters hope for the future, and that rounds out what I term as the human experience. It's what I've always loved about movies, it's not something I have experienced as a character in a video game before."

Speaking about his recommendation Arad, who has served as producer on many blockbuster Hollywood movies, said Kiefer was in a whole class of his own.
"Whenever I think of Snake I think of a certain voice deliver and Kiefer has this fantastic reach, this voice that maintains this reach, a level of mystery to it."
"A friend of mine used to be Snake, but Kiefer is in a class all by himself"
Interestingly, Sutherland never refers to Snake by name, instead using "this character" to speak of his role.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...oice-of-snake/

Here is the Behind-the-scenes video about MGS5-Phantom Pain.

Last edited by Ruly2; 06-06-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Metal Gear Solid 5 will be darker in tone

Speaking during Konami's pre-E3 event, the Metal Gear creator said: "This time, with Metal Gear Solid 5, the themes are a little bit different than in previous games in the series.
"We're taking on some very heavy subjects such as race and revenge. This makes the tone much darker. As a result, I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance, expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words."

Kojima revealed that the game takes place in 1984, when Snake is 49 years old.

"Therefore," he said, "we needed someone who could genuinely convey both the facial and vocal qualities of a man in his late forties.

"It's different from anything we've done before, so I asked a producer friend of mine in Hollywood, Avi Arad, for advice. He's the one who introduced me to Kiefer Sutherland [who voices Snake in the game] and I was like, 'why didn't I think of that?'"

Kojima later said: "The system has been changed to embrace an open-world game design. It's different from previous stealth games and results in a more tension-packed experience.

"This new type of stealthy gameplay, along with the new creative process and realistic characters, will add more depth than ever before to the storytelling and atmosphere."

During Kojima's presentation the game's name featured on-screen behind him with the subtitle "Tactical Espionage Operations."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...e-and-revenge/
Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Comes Out Spring 2014

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES features new advances made possible by Kojima
Productions' FOX Engine, such as radical new game design, day and night cycles, and
weather conditions that will all dynamically affect gameplay. The missions are designed to
ease players into the new control and gameplay advances that will be an integral part of
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

The METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES storyline follows the series' hero, Big Boss, as
he infiltrates a remote Cuban prison camp on a rescue mission, all while trying to remain
undetected. Explosive plot lines develop quickly as he finds himself on behind enemy lines
with little options for help.

"The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine are allowing me to express the story of
METAL GEAR SOLID in a new way," explained Hideo Kojima, Creator of the METAL GEAR
SOLID series, and head of Kojima Productions. "There will be a significant difference in what
METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN brings to the series, so we want to ease players
into the new open world environment and its potential, allowing them to fully benefit from all
that the new game offers. As such, METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES has been
designed to introduce key elements, while setting up the events of METAL GEAR SOLID V:
THE PHANTOM PAIN."

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES will be released in Spring 2014 on PlayStation®3,
PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One systems. The game will be available in retail stores
nationwide on current generation systems for the MSRP of $29.99 or via download for
$19.99. For PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, the game can be downloaded for $29.99
suggested retail price.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:16 AM
possible release date for MGSV

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Systems: Xbox 360, PS3
Release date: 3/4/14

source: videoeta.com
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
'Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes' arrives 3/18/2014!!!

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be available on March 18, 2014
for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
The game is a prologue to the events leading into Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
source: Microsoft [via comingsoon.net]

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-09-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Glad to see they're still committed to releasing games for PS3. I know by the time Metal Gear Solid V comes around I'll have to actually invest in a PS4.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM
The HDD space for PS4 MGSV:GZ [conpaired to other systems]

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes is Only 3.82 GB On The PlayStation 4
update 4GB required for the PS4

as compaired to:

PS3 HDD = 1.4 GB Required
Xbox 360 HDD= 1.7 GB Required [mandatory install]
Xbox one HDD = 10 GB required

The PS4 is 1080p while the XBX1 is 720p.

Did I mention the game is only $29.99?

Last edited by Ruly2; 03-18-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 PM
possible date for 'THE PHANTOM PAIN'

Found this on Amazon.ca. I hope this is correct:

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
This item will be released on June 30, 2014.

The price of the xbox1 and PS4 versions is a strange $69.99 given
there is no mention of it being a "collector's edition"

Amazon.com lists the game with a "TBA date". They also list the PS4 and XBX1 version as "Standard"
If there is a Collector's edition. I can only hope and assume it has 'GROUND ZERO' with it...

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-17-2014 at 12:42 PM..