Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 PM
SWAT Shoots and Kills Pot Smoker's Dogs

I caught this video on youtube today, and I didn't think it would be as explicit as I thought it would be. This happened back in February, but I guess the video evidence was just released. According to an article in the Columbia Tribune:

Quote:
A man arrested on suspicion of drug charges and child endangerment said he is concerned with the actions of police who shot two dogs they described as “aggressive” while serving a drug-related search warrant at his home earlier this month in southwest Columbia. Police arrested Jonathan E. Whitworth, 25, of 1501 Kinloch Court on Feb. 11 on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and second-degree child endangerment.

A police SWAT team entered Whitworth’s residence around 8:30 p.m. suspecting a large amount of marijuana at the location, police spokeswoman Officer Jessie Haden said. SWAT members encountered a pit bull upon entry, held back and then fatally shot the dog, which officers said was acting in an uncontrollably aggressive manner.

Whitworth was arrested, and his wife and 7-year-old son were present during the SWAT raid, Haden said. A second dog, which Whitworth’s attorney Jeff Hilbrenner described as a corgi, also was shot but was not killed.

“The family is concerned with what happened,” Hilbrenner said. “We don’t feel like what happened in the home was appropriate. The priority right now for us is the misdemeanor charges.”

Police discovered a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana, Haden said. Because the SWAT team acts on the most updated information available, the team wanted to enter the house before marijuana believed to be at the location could be distributed, she said.

“If you let too much time go by, then the drugs are not there,” she said.

Drug distributors traditionally have a history with firearms, which is why the SWAT team is used when executing such warrants, Haden said. If the SWAT team believed they could have executed the warrant successfully during the daytime when the wife and child were not present, they would have, she said.
Sorry, this all wreaks of bullshit. Heavily armed officers raiding a house because a guy MIGHT sell pot, and since SOME distributors own guns, we have to go in packing heat and kill their fucking dogs. They must've felt like ASSHOLES when they saw the amount of pot and paraphernalia the guy actually had.

Here's the video, if you dare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwSwvUaRqc

And here's the link to the above article: http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...h-that-led-to/
Old 05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
This is tricky for me because I don't like pit bulls. Now a much too serious poster will demand So that means they deserve to be shot? at which point I will do a double take and then patiently explain that I'm not saying pit bulls should be shot at will, I'm just saying I don't like them and am having a hard time being outraged because one was shot for allegedly being aggressive.

But why would you shoot a corgi? That's like shooting ellen degeneres.

Last edited by Shinigami; 05-13-2010 at 07:28 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Wasn't one of the animals also caged? And wasn't this all done with children watching?

Just another example caught on tape of mentally unstable bullies that we call law enforcement doing what they do best.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Scumfuck Shitbags.

I thought I might be able to watch that video but as soon as I heard that dog start crying, I couldn't. I just couldn't.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Haven't watched the video and probably won't. Only know what's been reported. If they shot animals that weren't a threat they should be fired and prosecuted. But to call all law enforcement bullies is a very stupid statement.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Fuck the police.

No, I'm not trying to be funny. I'm fucking serious. Fuck the police.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:38 AM
I think my pet might have had the same reaction, and if they shot my pet... I'd be lucky to not be imprisoned for my reaction. If or when I got out, I'd be moving to Europe. Bet that.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:32 AM
I cover Fuck Tha Police on acoustic guitar and at my next show I am going to be so enthused.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Vicious View Post
Fuck the police.

No, I'm not trying to be funny. I'm fucking serious. Fuck the police.
^This exactly.^ But on a more cheerful note. If the police are there when you really NEED them, then that's a bonus. Otherwise, see Squid's comments above.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
WHOA WHOA WHOA.

The guy was not resisting or anything. in fact he gave himself up from what I saw, and then they go and shoot the dogs? what the fuck?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
^Seriously?

I didn't watch the video.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
^Seriously?

I didn't watch the video.
I'm too scared. I get really emotional when it comes to dogs, and I already have negative opinions of the system as it is.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I'll just cut to the chase; I sincerely, sincerely hope that the next house these motherfucking, cocksucking Nazi goose-steppers terrorize belongs to someone like this guy;

The ensuing massacre would make me believe in a just universe.

Last edited by Potter82; 05-14-2010 at 12:23 PM..
Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
watched the video

The video shows the officers being restrained and gentle with the humans in the household. They ended up shooting the pit bull, a notoriously vicious, aggressive breed because they interpreted that it was attacking them (which it probably was). They wrongly shot a corgi, but the fact that the corgi survived shows more restraint on their part because shooting a corgi dead would not have been difficult and if you want to read into it there's a better chances that the dog was deliberately shot to be put down but not to die.

Somebody got their information wrong on the drug bust. That's the issue for me. Considering how much drugs the man had (didn't have), there should never have been a swat team invading his house to begin with. In my opinion that's the real issue. What it led to is bad but understandable in the line of duty even though it should never be encouraged and should absolutely be brought to our attention, not to fire the officers but to again caution them to only use fatal force on anything when only absolutely necessary. It sucks but it happens and I don't think less of any of the officers. They were gentle with the man and the wife and kid and ended up shooting a pit bull. They shouldn't have shot the corgi, but what is done is done and there's a good chance the family will get something out of it because the real issue is that a swat team invaded his house with a warrant for a small, harmless amount of drugs.

F you, war on drugs. F you good.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:44 PM
That's one video I won't be watching, I don't even like seeing animals getting hurt in movies.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
The video shows the officers being restrained and gentle with the humans in the household. They ended up shooting the pit bull, a notoriously vicious, aggressive breed because they interpreted that it was attacking them (which it probably was).
You just hate pitbulls. I watched the video and there is no sign of the dogs being aggressive. Fair enough they are barking, but every dog barks when a stranger walk into the house. There was no sound of any confrontation with the dogs, they just walked in and shot them instantly. They are a bunch of evil human beings and you condoning it makes my blood boil.

The fact they found basically fuck all makes this ten times worse.

Animal lovers, I advise you not to watch the video. Those yelps are gonna stay with me for a few days
Old 05-14-2010, 07:28 PM
^I'm aware this will make pet lover blood boil, but remember I have no say and no sway in anything to do with policy or even... Even to do with public support, so as much as it might be bothersome remember that my opinion will in the end matter for nothing more than this post and I should in no way be generalized as most people on this subject. I'm probably in the minority.

Quote:
I watched the video and there is no sign of the dogs being aggressive.

For those who have not seen the video, I couldn't see either dog and I don't believe the video actually shows either dog. You don't see them getting shot. You can hear the dogs for maybe a minute- their barking through some yelping into silence. There is no sign of the pit bull being aggressive beyond the infamy of their breed and the nature of the barking but there is also no sign of the pit bull being docile or just wanting to play. There's no sign of anything, really, although I am overlooking them shooting the pit bull. Heisenberg is not wrong. He's also not wrong to suggest I'm overlooking it because I don't like pit bulls. I don't think they deserve to be shot and I would of course be up in arms if the animal was somehow tortured by police, but my compass isn't moving much from the admittedly unfortunate, ultimately incidental, thankfully quick shooting death during a swat raid. Heisenberg is not wrong.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
They should have just saved teh tax payers some money and shot the pot head. After all what's the difference between some idiot with a few roaches and a fucktard wiith 2 pounds of meth? Like I said before. I hope they fire and prosecute the officer(s) that shot the dogs.and comparing all cops to the very few bad ones is a stupid and moronic thing to do.just like comparing a pot head to a fucking drug dealer. Just fucking stupid.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:46 PM
People have no regard for life anymore.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
^I'm aware this will make pet lover blood boil, but remember I have no say and no sway in anything to do with policy or even... Even to do with public support, so as much as it might be bothersome remember that my opinion will in the end matter for nothing more than this post and I should in no way be generalized as most people on this subject. I'm probably in the minority.

For those who have not seen the video, I couldn't see either dog and I don't believe the video actually shows either dog. You don't see them getting shot. You can hear the dogs for maybe a minute- their barking through some yelping into silence. There is no sign of the pit bull being aggressive beyond the infamy of their breed and the nature of the barking but there is also no sign of the pit bull being docile or just wanting to play. There's no sign of anything, really, although I am overlooking them shooting the pit bull. Heisenberg is not wrong. He's also not wrong to suggest I'm overlooking it because I don't like pit bulls. I don't think they deserve to be shot and I would of course be up in arms if the animal was somehow tortured by police, but my compass isn't moving much from the admittedly unfortunate, ultimately incidental, thankfully quick shooting death during a swat raid. Heisenberg is not wrong.
Well, it didn't sound "quick" judging by the pit-bull wailing.

I'm sorry you feel that way about pit-bulls, Shin. They're the most misunderstood dogs. The pit-bulls you describe are that way because that's just how they were raised. The owner himself said, as he was crying, that she was a good dog and was probably trying to play. My cousin has a pit-bull, and I was really nervous when meeting it because I had the same assumptions about pit-bulls, but she turned out to be one of the coolest dogs I've ever played with. They're super-friendly, albeit a little hyper, but they love to play, which I can only assume is what happened here.

But it's like you said, the bigger matter at hand is the bullshit warrant. The dogs and the family are victims of an incredibly misguided war on drugs.

Legalize it all.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:37 PM
BTW, Eff the police.

7 year old Aiyana Jones was shot and killed by police executing a search warrant, according to officials.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Aiyana Jones, 7, was shot and killed by police executing a search warrant
* Police believed the suspect in a Friday shooting death of 17-year-old was hiding at the home
* Police official: "All we can do is pledge an open and full investigation and to support Aiyana's family"