Old 10-31-2012, 02:34 AM
Lulz at you guys' spoiler speculation. Thanks for that by the way, the tags I mean, from us preview-avoiders. As for
Spoiler:
the rat, when Roosevelt serves Juice up as the informant and Clay takes his side...I don't know how to finish that sentence. It's gonna be awesome, I guess is all I can say, 'cuz beyond that I have no idea what's gonna happen.

I had previously wondered if it was just some weird sort of emotional baggage that made me consider this season so much better, maybe I'm in a better place now and that has something to do with the way I perceive the show, but no. There is no room for doubt anymore. This has been a good show all along, but what it's doing this season is on a whole other level entirely. It's very very rare that a series finds a way to top itself five years in, but this one has.
Spoiler:
When Jax first starts proposing to Gemma that she warm up to Clay, it's a little surprising. Then "I want you to be with him...sleep with him..." Holy shit. Jax is whoring his own mother out now, and it is AWESOME. I've been a bit concerned that maybe Opie's death got a little undersold and hasn't had a big enough effect, but I'm starting to see what they're doing here and it's amazing. What Jax is becoming, the dark places he's going, that's Ope reaching out from the grave. It hasn't been spelled out yet, but I'm willing to bet that there will come a point when it is. This is Jax heartbroken, hurt, and angry, and it is goddamn magnificent.

When did Tara become so goddamn smoking hot? Is that just me? Have they done something different with her lately or has she always been that way and I just never noticed for some reason? In any case, fuck, the last few weeks it's struck me how unbelievably hot she is. I WANT PLEASE.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
When did Tara become so goddamn smoking hot? Is that just me? Have they done something different with her lately or has she always been that way and I just never noticed for some reason? In any case, fuck, the last few weeks it's struck me how unbelievably hot she is. I WANT PLEASE.

I was thinking that same thing over the last few epis! I don't recall her being so hot and actually didn't like her much last season. I was wondering if they changed actresses.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:47 AM
It's the bangs, man. Guys love the bangs.

Season 1-3, Exhibit A...

Season 4-5, Exhibit B...

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
The show continues to impress.

Spoiler:
I knew Clay was some how going to get to Frankie and I was shocked when the gang busted in to stop him. For once I thought he was gonna be backed into a corner he couldn't get out of and then BAM, stupid mafia guy screws it up. That actually pissed me off.

Not sure what to make to Tara fingering herself after helping Otto beat off. Was a strange scene there. Although from the last few replies I am sure a few of you guys enjoyed it quite a bit!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Tara has always been a babe to me, should be an interesting and enjoyable final few episodes of a great season
Old 11-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Anyone know the name of the song that plays at the end of the last episode? Pretty awesome.

Overall, a luckluster episode compared to how this season started. I'm still shell shocked after Episode 3..
Old 11-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Can't find the song anywhere!!! ARGH
Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Spoiler:

Not sure what to make to Tara fingering herself after helping Otto beat off. Was a strange scene there. Although from the last few replies I am sure a few of you guys enjoyed it quite a bit!

That's all Sutter being a perv.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifruitella View Post
That's all Sutter being a perv.
So he gets to bang Peggy from Married with Children but that's not enough for him? He has to have the other female lead pleasure herself for his viewing? Must be a tough life!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
Can't find the song anywhere!!! ARGH
It's called "Lights" and it's by Battleme & The Forest Rangers, which is perhaps one of the stupidest band names ever. Here's a minute and a half of it that I found on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrW_khqK3Q
You can buy the whole song on Amazon, or probs find it elsewhere if you're diligent enough.

As for the Tara scene, yeah, that was a bit confusing. I honestly have no clue what it meant or what it's leading to, it was just weird. I hope there's some sort of light-shedding soon or else it's just gonna stick out as a WTF moment forever.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking Tara is not getting satisfied as Jax is always rushing out for Club business?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Loving the 90 minute episodes, which somehow still doesnt seem like enough!

Spoiler:
Tig is gonna be joining up with Clay for sure, I know he is going to find out that Jax is going to serve him up to Pope so it looks like they get their crap straightened out with their rivals and the CIA but now will end up battling each other. I am also guessing that the guy who beat the shit out of Otto is the husband of the nurse that was killed. Wonder if he plans to do the same to Tara?

Hopefully the last two episodes will be 90 minutes as well. Haven't seen the timing on them yet so not sure.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Seeing as Donal Logue and Karina Logue are real life brother and sister, as they already played on Terriers, I'm going with brother.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Seeing as Donal Logue and Karina Logue are real life brother and sister, as they already played on Terriers, I'm going with brother.
Ahh was not aware of her or her relation. I like Donal though, been a fan since Grounded for Life.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Agreed. I was wondering what the hell that was about, but it became clear in the second appearance he made to see Otto. That arc should be interesting though, but it'll end bad for the dude. Though not before he can do some sort of damage, I'm sensing to Tara.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Loving the 90 minute episodes, which somehow still doesnt seem like enough!

Hopefully the last two episodes will be 90 minutes as well. Haven't seen the timing on them yet so not sure.

FX gave Sutter a bunch of 90 minute episodes for this season. I couldn't find the article I read a couple months back, so from my memory it either said.

A) Four 90 minute eps, which means we have had 3 already (the last two, and one a while back)

or

B) The last 4 episodes will be 90 minutes. I'm 95% sure this is what I read, and if so, I can't wait
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
FX gave Sutter a bunch of 90 minute episodes for this season. I couldn't find the article I read a couple months back, so from my memory it either said.

A) Four 90 minute eps, which means we have had 3 already (the last two, and one a while back)

or

B) The last 4 episodes will be 90 minutes. I'm 95% sure this is what I read, and if so, I can't wait
You know, they're technically an hour long, and that's an extra 30 mins of ads that make up the "90" minutes runtime.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
You know, they're technically an hour long, and that's an extra 30 mins of ads that make up the "90" minutes runtime.

I think the runtime is normally like 44-48 minutes so most of that extra is ads but still better than nothing.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Quite a bit went down. Looks like Jax might be losing it!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 PM
If you like the show or not, it was worth watching last night just for this song in the end scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=4eaKvZfDL4E#!
Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm still enjoying the show, but this season has been a mess. There are a lot of good individual moments each episode, but structurally, it's all over the place.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
this season has been a mess. There are a lot of good individual moments each episode, but structurally, it's all over the place.
I haven't found that...
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Haha, just watched Raising Hope and Phil made a cameo, in full Sons of Anarchy gear.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I enjoyed the finale but I am disappointed in how Jax is turning into Clay and just making the same kind of judgement calls he was so against not that long ago. I guess we will find out next season how his recent actions affect everyone but with only 2 seasons left it isn't looking positive.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
I haven't found that...
Haven't found... What? This show suffers from an excess of plot, which is something I can say about very few shows I've ever personally watched. Things are so convoluted that, even if you're paying attention, motives and the reasoning behind the actions of some of the characters can be hazy and that's a problem (for me, at least). Try to summarize what happened this season as succinctly as possible, and you'll find yourself writing a five page report.

Beyond that, I don't think the death of Opie was done well - or at least, I don't think the follow-up and repercussions of his death were done well. Even the episode with his funeral felt sterile and emotionally stunted. Part of that is because the show has to constantly move on from one thing to the next in quick succession; problem after problem has to get piled on (such as Gemma smoking a joint and wrecking her car several hours later, just to set it up so that she can get close to Clay to take some fucking documents that don't ultimately amount to anything... Which also essentially happened with Juice...). The death of Tig's daughter - though she couldn't even be considered a minor character - was well-done, but almost completely ignored by everyone (as if it hadn't even happened) until the finale.

I get that Sutter thinks of this show as "an adrenalized soap opera with highly complex characters", but most of the characters aren't very complex. Things certainly did move even further into the realm of a soap opera this year, though. I'll keep watching because I've stuck with it for this long, but this season (despite the inclusion of Nero, and watching Jax descend) was a big disappointment.

Last edited by FailSafe; 12-12-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Season 6 promo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Wpnf94mAsyc
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Loved season one.
Liked season two.
Season three disappointed me greatly.
Season four was bad. Especially the last two episodes I was like "What the FUCK?! They're going THIS FAR to patch up loose ends that can't be tied? Fuck this!"
I skipped season 5.

But I'm a dedicated and loyal viewer when it comes to TV shows, so I am not sure if I'm going to come back or not.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Loved season 5, looking forward to season 6 and 7
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Loved season one.
Liked season two.
Season three disappointed me greatly.
Season four was bad. Especially the last two episodes I was like "What the FUCK?! They're going THIS FAR to patch up loose ends that can't be tied? Fuck this!"
I skipped season 5.

But I'm a dedicated and loyal viewer when it comes to TV shows, so I am not sure if I'm going to come back or not.
Here's what I think so far

S1 = solid
S2 = solid
S3 = mediocre and uneven, last few episodes were stronger
S4 = solid (back to form to first two)
S5 = solid
Old 08-27-2013, 11:55 PM
So we're getting an online post-show. They're taking an example from AMC's "Talking Dead/Bad"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ne-post-614470

90-minute premiere. Stoked.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
90-minute premiere. Stoked.

I hope we get as many 90 minute episodes as last season...or more! Make this a 2 hour movie each week and I will be in heaven
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Damn...
Old 09-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Brutal start to the season, so lucky this week with A grade episodes of this, Boardwalk and Braking Bad,
Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
At this point I'm starting to find things a tad over the top.

There is a fine line with that sort of stuff.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
At this point I'm starting to find things a tad over the top.

There is a fine line with that sort of stuff.
Read Sutter's interview http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/10/so...on-6-premiere/
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Seems to me he's having a dig at gun control. I didn't have a problem with the way it was portrayed.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Ridin' through this woooorl'....all alone.... ♫ - come on fellas, sing it wid me.

Crow flies straight!

Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 PM
A PERFECT LINE!

*NA NANANANA NA NANANANANANANA*
Old 09-24-2013, 02:13 AM
Solid latest episode, looking forward to tomorrow night
Old 09-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Galen grinning while subtly threatening Jax was brilliant, wish we saw more of him.