Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 PM
I am not attracted to her music ... not enough double-bass drum IMO

but i cannot hate someone who will be singing for that school of the deaf. Once in a while, 4chan does great thing !
Old 09-14-2012, 10:59 AM
I absolutely love Taylor Swift for what she is. She isn't Iron Maiden or Led Zeppelin, but she never claimed to be either. I totally get why people bash her for being an archetypal "break-up artist" or for just not being in their fields of interest. I just don't see any reason to differentiate her from others of her kind. In my opinion she writes some really catchy, self-aware songs (listen to the lyrics of "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," it sounds totally self-aware to me, even if it is a "Screw you, guy!" song) that are simply fun or self-indulgently sad for her crowd. I think she performs well live and at least plays an instrument, which was brought up earlier. To repeat myself, I think she's enjoyable and harmless for what she is, and if anything is an issue it's the stereotype/genre of mopey "You did it!" love songs.

As for her personal fiascoes, I try to differentiate the art from the artist (not claiming her works to be high art by any means!), but I don't think I would want somebody like her in my life if I knew her.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Well l was talking to a fan of taylor Swift and she was saying that taylor has changed her style of music and she showed me a few songs on which she has put a fair bit of pop into her music

There is a current new song she has bought out and l was surprised on how much she has cahnged but there is one recording in pop but since she knows her fans like her country style too she has released music boht on pop and country so her fans are not disappointed
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWudXb0idJs

here is her new single plus there is a country version too of this same song
Old 10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't hate Taylor Swift. I didn't care for her at first but have learned to accept her.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Taylor Swift is the ultimate high school mean girl. If we as a nation are so hell bent on pushing anti-bullying and "it gets better" campaigns then we need to stop putting bullying drama queens like Swifty on a pedestal. (And all things Jersey Shore for that matter.) Anyone gullible enough to date her is part of the problem at this point.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Well it is true if someone makes it big whether it is a ctor or singer we always ahve to push them down a peg or two

I think that taylor is a great role model for young girls l would prefer her to alot of singers who have to promote sex in there songs

There was a singer called Susie Quatro who was interveiwed on a aussie show

She said alot of female singers prmote to much se in there songs and l have to say she is right there

I find that taylor dresses like a lady and doesnt have to show her boobs to sell her music where others have to go further
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well it is true if someone makes it big whether it is a ctor or singer we always ahve to push them down a peg or two

I think that taylor is a great role model for young girls l would prefer her to alot of singers who have to promote sex in there songs

There was a singer called Susie Quatro who was interveiwed on a aussie show

She said alot of female singers prmote to much se in there songs and l have to say she is right there

I find that taylor dresses like a lady and doesnt have to show her boobs to sell her music where others have to go further
No she just sleeps around and trashes every guy she gets near and bullies girls into oblivion in her songs. (CONSTANTLY calling girls that her last trick dated later "sluts" when she is worse.)
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Hate is too strong a word for me and reserved for those that earn it.
For me, it's an over saturation of her, that damned song, and those f-ing bangs.
Nothing PERSONALLY against her but just the sight of her at this point...you're asking for a rude response.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hollywood View Post
No she just sleeps around and trashes every guy she gets near and bullies girls into oblivion in her songs. (CONSTANTLY calling girls that her last trick dated later "sluts" when she is worse.)
ya.. that was always my biggest problem with her... she plays this sweet innocent persona to the masses so moms let their little girls idolize her, but she is obviously a (not so) closeted "Lady of the night"!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Well yea she has gone out with a few men but most women do this to find the right man but to find the right bloke you have to go through the rubbish to find a good man
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Well yea she has gone out with a few men but most women do this to find the right man but to find the right bloke you have to go through the rubbish to find a good man
I was under the impression that the men actually break up with her. Maybe she's the rubbish?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Well we dont know the details on why these men break up with her

There are always reasons behind this and it doesnt always have to be the woman
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Well we dont know the details on why these men break up with her

There are always reasons behind this and it doesnt always have to be the woman
If they break up with her, then I'm sure she's the reason. If she breaks up with them, they're the reason.

She must not be the catch she appears to be, or they wouldn't be moving on.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
She's young, immature. Fame and money and endless opportunities in front of her and she's wanting it all. It could be worse, she could be Lindsay.

Not a fan of Taylor's, just seems she needs to grow up and hopefully she will.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Well it is like everyone when we are young we have a lot to learn about life and as time goes we mature and l see the same in taylor
Old 12-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Everyone keeps referring to her as a "role model", but honestly, if I had a daughter, I'd hate if she looked up to her. It's fine to date and all, but the girl is incapable of being single. She hops from one guy to the next and then writes songs about how horrible they are. It's as if she only dates to find material, not love.
I've never listened to one of her albums, but it sounds like all her songs are about breakups and boys. And a role model should have more thoughts in her mind than boys, boys, boys. That's how I see it, anyway.
My brother loathes her, and I've been indifferent. But lately she's been getting on my nerves. Her voice...
Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Well l see taylor as a role model for other things

In alot of music representing women you see alot of singers taking off there clothes

They alos have alot of swearing or useing sex remarks in there songs

Even the way some females singers dress in there music clips amazes me

Taylor doesnt use sex in her songs she doesnrt and dresses nicely so they are areas l look at
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't hate Taylor Swift, I guess despise her attempt to appear innocent and naive to the many men who have supposedly betrayed her. Like others have said, it seems like she dates around to get material for more of her songs which consist of various forms and methods of bitching.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Well we don't know why she split with these guys but if it makes her,feel better to write about to make feel better maybe one she will meet the perfect person
Old 12-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Well we don't know why she split with these guys but if it makes her,feel better to write about to make feel better maybe one she will meet the perfect person
Then she'll go from writing songs about her hated exes to her new found love and if the love will last.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Well she might be writing about her pregnancy to a one direction member I seen it in,a mag