Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 AM
Top 10 Movies That Would Make A Good Remake Possibility

1 Willow.

I loved Willow but since Disney owns Lucasfilm. I think Willow with todays effects could be a great franchise for Disney

2 Dragonball Z

What a botched up mess to a great cartoon the movie was? It needs another shot for It really has everything action fantasy and sci fi in it. If just put in better hands

3 Eragon

A great Book Trilogy that got placed into the wrong hands creatively. Now the Dragon and Robert Carlyle were great but the rest not so much. A good dragon trilogy I would pay to see

4 Treasure Island

Each generation needs new adaptations of this great classic. If POTC braught back pirates certainly the best Pirate Book could be made and be good.

5 Red Sonja
I know it was gonna happen at one time but thankfully go scrapped with McGowan in it. But there needs to be a few new women hero films. That way maybe we can get some good Women SuperHero solo movies

6 The Last Airbender

M Night had really an easy movie to make a saga out of. It had a big fan base and yet he fumbled on the goal line somehow

7 The Searchers
Not that there was anything wrong with Waynes classic movie. Its just that The Searchers has the best concept for a Western remake

8 Lethal Weapon

I miss the buddy cop movies and a new concept to an older cop and a crazy younger cop is pretty good format. Casting is key ofcourse
I am thinking Sam Jackson and Gerard Butler

9 Swamp Thing
It would make an interesting story and something different from comics these days

10 Bram Stokers Dracula

No i am not meaning a love story kind. We need a real Dracula remake for the last attempt while Oldman was great. Still a new good movie is needed.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:04 AM

Because of advancements in CGI, I think this could be a dope remake.

Cast Gary Oldman as Dr Moreau and Brad Pitt as Val Kilmer's role.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 AM
Pitt How About Jackman.

I was never really a big Pitt fan and Think Jackman would fit the role Kilmer Play pretty well.

Another Good Movie would be

King Solomans mines.

Alan Quartermaine would make a great new character. Kinda Like Indiana Jones.

I think Chris Hemsworth would be a great Quartermaine.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:43 AM
This is blasphemy for many, but I always thought there should be a remake of North by Northwest. I thought that movie had a cool story, but I want to see a darker, less jokey tone. And I want a hero far, far less irritating.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
The Maltese Falcon

Love Bogy but would like to see a few of those old detective movies remade.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I'd still like to see Fincher tackle 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Frogs
Masters of the Universe
Old 12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Last I Knew

Last I knew Sony own the rights to a Heman remake script.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:27 AM
They are going to make another He-Man movie. It's going to be directed by the guy who made G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which is currently in post-production still.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 AM
I Would Only Be Interested

If they based it on Eternia for really that planet has magic and tech stuff. It has numerous heroes and villains and has Dragons and all manor or beasts. In todays CG skills its time we see the real planet Eternia.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't consider movies based on books remakes; they're not remaking a movie, they're re-adapting a book. So Bram Stoker's Dracula and Treasure Island wouldn't be remakes. Plus, there already are several adaptations of each movie; don't know why we need more.

Though I haven't seen it, I've read/heard that The Missing, starring Cate Blanchett and Tommy Lee Jones is a loose remake of The Searchers.

I'm kind of hoping for a remake of Captain Blood, the movie that put Errol Flynn on the map. Been hoping for it since the fun and success of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin2013 View Post
4 Treasure Island

Each generation needs new adaptations of this great classic. If POTC braught back pirates certainly the best Pirate Book could be made and be good.

Its a TV serie but the dvd is a 3 hours + movie. I liked it.

But like Bigred said , it's more a re-adaptation than a true remake.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 PM
The Day of the Triffids

The Blob

The Tommyknockers

Sherlock Holmes - drop the expolsions/slow motion/ RDJ rubbish and give me a decent story driven sherlock adventure. So many great stories and tales to follow.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I always thought a Sean Bean or Alan Rickman would make a good Sherlock Holmes.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Treasure Island I had in mind has a very good cast in mind and no Johnny Depp anywhere.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd like to see The Crucible remade (or the play re-adapted) as a comedy.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Dungeons & Dragons. That first feeble attempt at a film missed the point entirely.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Lost Horizon. Something bold that Peter Jackson or Spielberg could remake (which Indy was influenced by it anyway). This is one of my favorite 'lost footage' films yet I don't think its totally out of the realm of a successful remake possibility. There was one made in the 70s (as a musical...) as well as a tv movie.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
I'd still like to see Fincher tackle 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
I was just talking about something like this. I would love to see a modern production of this. There was a TV mini-series back in the 90s with Michael Caine and Patrick Dempsey that was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
They are going to make another He-Man movie. It's going to be directed by the guy who made G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which is currently in post-production still.
Well, I'll believe it when I see it. He-Man has been in the works at least twice in the last few years and gone nowhere (once with John Woo, another as a 300 knock off).

I've always liked the idea of an Americanized version of John Woo's The Killer - so long as it was a hard core action movie, like the remake of Assault on Precinct 13, or any of Jason Statham's R-rated bloodfests.

I also can't believe there hasn't been a modern take on Moby Dick. I know there was the Patrick Stewart mini-series, but of all the classic books to be turned into movies, I'm amazed this hasn't been one of them.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Citizen Kane

HAHA, just kidding.

How about the Maltese Falcon? It is very dated...and deserves a refresh.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
I also can't believe there hasn't been a modern take on Moby Dick. I know there was the Patrick Stewart mini-series, but of all the classic books to be turned into movies, I'm amazed this hasn't been one of them.
This one was pretty modern: http://www.theasylum.cc/product.php?id=177
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Lost Horizon. Something bold that Peter Jackson or Spielberg could remake (which Indy was influenced by it anyway). This is one of my favorite 'lost footage' films yet I don't think its totally out of the realm of a successful remake possibility. There was one made in the 70s (as a musical...) as well as a tv movie.
I'd be up for this. I love the movie. It has a great story and with the right director, it could be amazing.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
Lynne Ramsay has talked about wanting to do a Moby Dick movie that took place in space. That would be awesome if that happened.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Eragon is very nice movie. I like it, story of this picture is very good.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexlar View Post
Eragon is very nice movie. I like it, story of this picture is very good.
If memory serves, weren't there like another 3 or 4 movies planned?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:34 AM
I was very disappointed in how much both Eragon and The Golden Compass tanked at the box office. I actually enjoyed both of those movies and was looking forward to seeing the next chapter on screen. It sucks that the only way to find out what happens next is to read the books.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Nice movies these movies are big hits movies, Treasure Island is nice movie it's remake is best option for directors.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
There is no question there are things to like and love about Eragon but there were some things that kept it from being better recieved. The final battle solider wise was very poorly stunt done in my view and the actors for the Elf and Eragon didn't really work for me.

Liked Carlyle,Irons, Malkovich and Sapphire in the film.