Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 PM
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (12/4) Full Press Release

The Dark Knight Rises arrives this holiday season onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on December 4 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group. In the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight trilogy, Gotham City is threatened by the masked terrorist Bane, forcing Batman to return from an eight-year absence and fight for his city one more time.

Also available will be the free The Dark Knight Rises app for IOS 5.0 or higher compatible devices including iPhone and iPad, and Samsung Galaxy devices including S2, S3, Note, Nexus and Tab (operating system requirements vary by device). Building upon the already available "TDKR: Gotham City's Most Wanted" app, The Dark Knight Rises app will be updated in two phases. The first update, which will be available in late October, will include several interactive activities such as a photo application that will allow users to put themselves into a Tumbler, a video application that will allow users to insert a Tumbler into their personal videos, and more. The second update, which will be available on December 4, will integrate second screen functionality into the app. It will allow users to sync compatible mobile devices with the Blu-ray disc via BD-Live enabled Blu-ray players connected to the same Local Area Network to access exclusive bonus content. The bonus content will include film location information, Gotham City maps, film trivia, photo galleries and "making of" featurettes. In addition, the second screen app controls playback of the film on your TV via Blu-ray player. "The Dark Knight Rises" app will be available through the iTunes store and Google Play.

The Dark Knight Rises will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and in standard definition on DVD. "The Dark Knight Rises" Blu-ray disc takes advantage of the marriage of IMAX“ and 35mm formats by using the hybrid master to replicate the unique theatrical experience of integrated film formats. Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and the single disc DVD include UltraViolet which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.*

Also available December 4, just in time for holiday gift-giving, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset, featuring Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises all in one collection. Available on Blu-ray or standard definition DVD, The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset will also include a premium book exclusive to the collection, which takes fans deeper into the epic franchise, as well as existing special features. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment also plans to release The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition in 2013.

Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar winnerChristian Bale (The Fighter) again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The Dark Knight Rises also stars Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy as Bane; Oscar winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar winner Michael Caine (The Cider House Rules) plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") reprises the role of Lucius Fox.

The screenplay is written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas , Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on Batman Begins and the record-breaking blockbuster The Dark Knight. The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker; Michael E. Uslan; Kevin De La Noy; Thomas Tull; with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters created by Bob Kane and published by DC Comics.

Synopsis
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.

But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Blu-ray and DVD Elements

Blu-ray Combo Pack:

◦"The Batmobile" Documentary: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon. (01:00)
◦Ending the Knight: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made The Dark Knight Rises the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.
◦Production
◦The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking
◦Return to the Batcave
◦Beneath Gotham
◦The Bat
◦Batman vs Bane
◦Armory Accepted
◦Gameday Destruction
◦Demolishing a City Street
◦The Pit
◦The Chant
◦The War on Wall Street
◦Race to the Reactor
◦Characters
◦The Journey of Bruce Wayne
◦Gotham's Reckoning
◦A Girls Gotta Eat
◦Reflections
◦Shadows & Light in Large Format
◦The End of A Legend
◦Trailers
◦Art Galleries
◦UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

DVD:
◦The Journey of Bruce Wayne
◦UltraViolet: Instantly stream and download films to compatible devices

Digital Distribution Elements
On December 4, The Dark Knight Rises will be available for download from online digital retailers including iTunes, Xbox, PlayStation, Amazon, Vudu and CinemaNow.

The film is also available digitally starting December 4 in High Definition (HD) VOD and Standard Definition (SD) VOD from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

UltraViolet
UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows. Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Restrictions and limitations apply. Go to UltraViolet.Flixster.com for details. For more information on compatible devices go to WB.com/UltraVioletDevices.

The Dark Knight Rises was released July 20th, 2012 and stars Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dar...-press-release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	be0404f3b15b7d7404458d1988a371bc.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	10663  

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-30-2012 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: ADDED THE DVD COVER!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I am stoked that the IMAX scenes will be in tact on the Blu Ray release.

I saw this movie in Imax 2 times, it was amazing, when the frame opens up, so bad ass!

Cant wait to own this. And i like that we are getting a comprehensive documentary, hopefully feature length.

Too bad we arent getting an extended cut, I want more Bane!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hope thats not the final cover...its a damn promo shot from 4 years ago!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I think it's bullshit the dvd only gets one special feature. I'm tired of getting shafted for blu-ray. They make out like it's too hard to get more on dvd all of a sudden.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Here is the Official trade ad for 'Dark Knight Rises'. The trade ad features the Bluray combo pack and 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' (which arrives in 2013).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	smalltradead.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	10670   Click image for larger version

Name:	trilogy2013.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	10671  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
I forgot something about ULTRAVIOLET...| Special Feature (in order) & Trilogy picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
UltraViolet
UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows.
US ONLY: Includes UltraViolet so you can enjoy the film on many different compatible devices. Must enter redemption code by 12/04/2014 to redeem UltraViolet offer. Does not include iTUNES file.

Here is a list of Bluray Special Feature ( put in order):

THE BATMOBILE DOCUMENTARY

ENDING THE KNIGHT
- PRODUCTION
- The Prologue: High Altitude Hijacking
- Beneath Gotham
- Return to the Batcave
- Batman vs Bane
- The Bat
- Armory Accepted
- Gameday Destruction
- Demolishing a City Street
- The Pit
- The Chant
- The War on Wall Street
- Race to the Reactor
- The Journey of Bruce Wayne
- Gotham's Reckoning

CHARACTERS
- A Girl's Gotta Eat
- Shadows & Light in Large Format

REFLECTIONS
- The End of A Legend

TRAILERS
ART GALLERY

* info was found on WarnerBros. website.

Last edited by Ruly2; 09-30-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 AM
:)

DARK KNIGHT RISES STEELBOOK W/ REBORN (Bby exclusive)

note: I FOUND THIS AT WORK!

Last edited by Ruly2; 10-02-2012 at 07:50 AM..
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Hopefully best buy gets a steelbook as well (Futureshop is the Canada version of Best Buy)... cuz the cover art work for these releases is god awful.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
Hopefully best buy gets a steelbook as well (Futureshop is the Canada version of Best Buy)... cuz the cover art work for these releases is god awful.

see attached quote..

(update)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PreOrder...&skuId=6917039

Last edited by Ruly2; 10-01-2012 at 09:33 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Target exclusive Bane or Batman Digibooks|Amazon Canada's edition

http://www.target.com/p/sign-up-to-b...2/-/A-14199527
-------------------------------------------------------------------
image 1

http://www.amazon.ca/LAscension-Chev.../dp/B009K4XRHK
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14199527_120928163000.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	10690   Click image for larger version

Name:	14199527_Alt01_120928163000.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	10691   Click image for larger version

Name:	56890_slipback.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	10692  

Last edited by Ruly2; 10-02-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 AM
That Bane digibook looks like a keeper
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM
That Bane DIgi Book looks awesome.. but so does a Steelbook from Best Buy and that pack with the Bane figure in it!

Man! This may be the first title where I actually buy numerous versions of it just to get the exclusives! I feel like that dude Xage who posts on this board from time to time!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:38 PM
a 2nd Best Buy exclusive !!

Quote:
DARK KNIGHT RISES STEELBOOK W/ REBORN (Bby exclusive)

note: I FOUND THIS AT WORK!
THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY BD EXCLUSIVE
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PreOrder...&skuId=6918232

THE BESTBUY STEELBOOK FOR TDKR LOOK IDENTICAL TO FUTURESHOPS'
http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?has...es*rgn_us&pg=5
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Walmart Exclusive 3-disc DVD is using the REAL POSTER!!

name: Dark Knight Rises, The - Two-Disc Special Edition (Wal-Mart Exclusive) (2012)
List price: 29.99
wal-mart.com : 19.99
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Dark-K...creen/21889634
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	187846-d0.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	10695  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37 AM
DVD cover for 'trilogy gift set' gives a different image

Studio Name: Warner Bros.
DVD Release Date: 12/04/2012
Rating: PG-13
Format: DVD
Screen Format: Widescreen
Run Time (in minutes): 457 minutes
Language: English
Audio Tracks: AC, Dolby Digital 5.1
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Dark-K...ndingMethod=rr
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	trilogydvd.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	10696  
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm definitely getting this on Blu but with a $19.96 price point for the entire trilogy on dvd that could definitely make nice stocking stuffers for some people. Hell, your getting Begins and TDK for pretty much free.99
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Here is the Official trade ad for 'Dark Knight Rises'. The trade ad features the Bluray combo pack and 'The Dark Knight Trilogy' (which arrives in 2013).
The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collectorís Edition Blu-ray box set (Q3) which includes all three films plus exclusive collectables and nearly an hour of all new material.
-Thedigitalbits
Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I hate when they do that shit... I am a loyal fan, I have bought each release on it's release date (I of course will be buying Rises on Dec 4 like the rest of the world) and the studio says "Fuck you guys, the loyal ones who made this movie a hit on the home video market, we are going to reward the people who didnt buy it by giving them exclusive material that we held off the initial releases"

That always annoys the hell out of me. They do it all of the time with TV shows... i collect a series from the time the first season is released, and then after the final season is released, and I have bought it, they release an entire series box set with exclusive features and no way for me to get those features without buying the entire box set.

If these companies would give us a way to get these features separate, like a $5 or $10 mail in to get all of the exclusive content, I would be fine with that.

Just pisses me off!

End Rant!!

I still cant wait to own this on Blu ray!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Another Best Buy exclusive ( Aka Clash of the titans..lol)

Found this on BestBuy.ca. Like with 'Ted'. This cover has not hit BestBuy.com yet:

The Dark Knight Rises (Best Buy Exclusive) (Blu-ray) (2012)
$39.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...c655ca6c83en02

I think this is the same item on BestBuy.com
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kni...ises&lp=7&cp=1
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	M2201034.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	10904  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
I'm definitely getting this on Blu but with a $19.96 price point for the entire trilogy on dvd that could definitely make nice stocking stuffers for some people. Hell, your getting Begins and TDK for pretty much free.99
Just an FYI - they have the Bluray trilogy at Amazon for $29.96
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
Just an FYI - they have the Bluray trilogy at Amazon for $29.96
I saw that too, I have both on preorder right now even though I already own the first two...but I'll probably end up canceling the single edition because the trilogy is the much better deal...just end up selling off the extra two copies. Just one more month until we can enjoy this anytime in our home theaters....
Old 11-11-2012, 11:38 AM
BestBuy steelbook update

I just noticed this on dvdaf.com:

Dark Knight Rises, The (IMAX Version) - Combo Pack (Steelbook) - DTS-HD Master Audio (Future Shop / Best Buy Exclusive) (2012)

The bestbuy website now says this:

The Dark Knight Rises (BD+DVD+UV) w/ Exclusive Content (Blu-ray Disc) *

The image that is on the Bestbuy website is of the broken mask but its in a regular bluray case. I assume this is because BesBuy doesn't want customers to know about the steelbook untill the release date gets closer or that the image cover image might have changed. Best Buy also lists the first two film's steelbook but they to are now shown in regular bluray cases but they have the word " steelbook" in their title..

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Batman+B...4.p?id=2521923

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kni...8.p?id=2521870

found these: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Music-M...ut/td-p/603588
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/quickview/M2201034.aspx

(update!!!)

Exclusively at Best Buy:

Brave Blu-ray Collectible Viva Metal Pack (10/28/12)
The Amazing Spider-Man Blu-ray 3D SteelBook Combo Pack (11/9/12)
Finding Nemo Blu-ray Collectible Viva Metal Pack (11/11/12)
Brave Combo Pack with Collectible Lunch Box (11/13/12)
Nitro Circus: The Movie Unrated (DVD; Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack | 11/13/12)
Men in Black 3 Blu-ray SteelBook (11/30/12)
Finding Nemo Nemo plush (12/4/12)
Finding Nemo Squirt plush (12/4/12)
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray SteelBook with "The Dark Knight Reborn" documentary (12/4/12) *
Ted 8" Talking Plush (12/11/12)

http://www.examiner.com/article/nove...ls-at-best-buy

* http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dark+Kni...&skuId=6983956

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-11-2012 at 12:03 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I pre ordered this today from best buy (The Steelbook) and got my Cinema Now copy of the documentary.. about to watch it.

Ruly, do you happen to know what the price of this will be on release day?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM
list of exclusives..

Best Buy Co. Nov. 25 began offering exclusive online access to documentary “The Dark Knight Reborn,” with the $29.99 pre-order of The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray Combo Steel/Book in stores or on the Web.

The 35-minute doc – which is only available through Best Buy – is automatically added to a consumer’s online cart via Best Buy CinemaNow (www.bestbuy.com/tdkr) – the consumer electronics retailer’s transactional video-on-demand service.

The Dark Knight Rises Combo Pack, which includes UltraViolet cloud-based connectivity, is available at retail beginning Dec. 4 from Warner Home Video. The final chapter in director Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy generated more than $1 billion at the global box office, and is being marketed as Warner’s biggest fourth-quarter retail release.

Target Corp. is offering Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray Combo Pack with exclusive picture book for $29.99; and $24.99 without the book. Amazon is matching the $24.99 price (without book), which is discounted from $35.99 SRP.

Walmart is selling Dark Knight Rises Combo Pack (which includes special features on the Batmobile and history of the franchise) for $24.96, while pre-orders for the Limited Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack + Bat Cowl for $34.96 are already sold out at walmart.com.

Amazon and Walmart said consumers interested in the Limited Edition Combo Pack should check back for product availability.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/bes...purchase-28951

Last edited by Ruly2; 11-26-2012 at 02:28 PM..
Old 11-29-2012, 07:09 AM

This on Blu and then The Hobbit 10 days later with 9 minutes of Star Trek and a Man of Steel theatrical trailer.....giggity.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
The BestBuy steelbook has arrived!!! :)

First off: People that preordered the Steelbook must know that they have to just put $10 down when they go to pick up their copy at customer service.

Now for the STEELBOOK!:

First off...again: The steelbook is a three disc:

Disc 1: The Dark Knight Rises Movie (Bluray)
Disc 2: The dark Knight Rises - Special Features
Disc 3: The Dark Knight Rises (DVD)

The front inside cover art is that of the broken mask of Batman. There is no "inside back art".
All thee discs have disc art featuring the Batman logo that was featured on the poster.

The BestBuy Exclusive 'Trilogy pack BLURAY' has 'The Dark Knight Reborn documentary'with it. As for the cover: it features Batman's mask .
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Dark...&skuId=7012088

**I noticed in store that there was a 2-disc dvd that had the same cover that also had "BestBuy Exclusive content" on its' cover...

Here are two images of my steelbook that I got today at work
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	702471_448141285245469_1261884174_n.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	11049   Click image for larger version

Name:	565874_448141261912138_1854995546_n.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	11050  

Last edited by Ruly2; 12-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: small image courtesy of bestbuy.com
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 AM
... too bad that all the footage in "The Dark Knight Reborn" is stuff we've seen before. it's basically just footage and interviews compiled from all 3 film's special features/extras. felt like watching a rushed television special.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Dark Knight Trilogy - Bestbuy Exclusive

Dark Knight Rises Steelbook - Bestbuy

Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Digibook - Target

Dark Knight Rises Lenticular Slipcover (with Comicbook) - Costco Canada

Dark Knight Rises Slipcover - Bestbuy Canada

Dark Knight Rises with Batman - Walmart Canada

Dark Knight Rises with Bane - Amazon Canada

Dark Knight Rises Bundle - WBSHOP.com

Dark Knight Rises Broken Cowl

Xage's Dark Knight Rises