Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Green Day's "Tre"

Well there's not much to say here. I struggled finding 3 songs on this whole album that were decent. I managed to do so, but that's about all. This album basically picks right up where Dos left off.... However there's nothing nearly as fucking ridiculously horrible as "Nightlife" on Tre. Which is good, but all of the songs are just kinda shitty and bland IMO.

The three songs I DID like are "Missing You", "Sex Drugs & Violence" and "The Forgotten". The latter being the best song on the disc.

Anyway, Uno started out really good and then this trilogy of albums progressively got worse, unfortunately. I've been a fan of Green Day's for around 18 years now, and if they keep cranking out garbage like the last 2 albums, I'll be done for good!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
These guys are pure garbage. Dookie was cool - but that was a LONG time ago - and they have showed absolutely zero growth as artists, musicians, men, and even as human beings since then. I wish they would stop.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Shapiro View Post
These guys are pure garbage. Dookie was cool - but that was a LONG time ago - and they have showed absolutely zero growth as artists, musicians, men, and even as human beings since then. I wish they would stop.
Couldn't disagree MORE with you on all points. With of course, the exception of the last 2 albums and their lack of growth as musicians when it's pertaining to said albums.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:53 AM
There's something funny about "Dookie" being the thing you're most acclaimed for.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
There's something funny about "Dookie" being the thing you're most acclaimed for.
I don't know, "American Idiot" really put them back in the spotlight for awhile as well.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I listened to the trilogy of albums a couple of days ago. Not terrible, but incredibly bland and generic pop alternative rock (no, they're not punk; I'm sicking of hearing that they are). I guess if I were to rate them, I'd give ĦUno! a 6/10, and a 5/10 to both the ĦDos! and ĦTre! albums.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I listened to the trilogy of albums a couple of days ago. Not terrible, but incredibly bland and generic pop alternative rock (no, they're not punk; I'm sicking of hearing that they are). I guess if I were to rate them, I'd give ĦUno! a 6/10, and a 5/10 to both the ĦDos! and ĦTre! albums.
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Dos & Tre aren't as good as Uno.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Shapiro View Post
Insomniac is also a very good album, but yeah, I agree with you mostly. I do think they've changed, but it's certainly not positive growth. And yeah, Billie Joe Armstrong acts like a 15-year-old.