Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Are You Right Or Left Handed

Well l decided to write about this to see who writes or does thing with eiether hand

I am left handed and do everything with this hand
My family is full of left handers
2 brothers and mum are left handed and my father is the only one in the family who is right handed

One time l got sacked from a job because l was left handed which by law it is not right they had to find jobs which were not right handed
My boss who is a molly duker he uses both so it helps me out a great deal so when l am watching him and he is useing his right l say show me the left handed way grins

All sports l am a leftie

When l was in school l couldnt use a right pair of scissors because everything would come out jagged but after my teacher bought a left handed pair o scissors l did well
Oh l also knit with my left hand which if you look at how a left hander does it it looks back to front
One time l was told to teach a class mat how to knit and was sudderly told l couldnt teach her
She said l forgot you were left handed maybe the girl could of had a good experiece getting confused with my left handed knitting

So who is right handed and who is right handed

I was also told on this forum that there are mainly jobs for right handeed people but not much for a left hander do you think this is true

I feel that we struggle sometimes if we find something right haned but you can teach your self the right way of doing things even though it can be difficult

Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm ambidextrous.
I play guitar right handed because that's what my first guitar was. Before that, though, I played air guitar left-handed and always thought that was the right hand method (since the right hand is moving over the frets, and that seemed like the brunt of the work).
I started writing left handed when I was a kid. In 2nd grade, I was tired of bumping elbows so I just switched to my right.

I throw a baseball, football, whatever with either hand. I prefer outfield left handed and infield right handed for baseball.
I bowl with either hand but I don't like to own several bowling balls, so I switched to left to maintain a more consistent lane condition since less people use that side.

I usually shoot right handed because most guns prefer it. But I switch it around every once in a while.

I can learn how to do something with either hand and don't have a specific preference. However, if I have to learn how to do something - such as play guitar, or any kind of task that requires practice to get good at - if I don't practice with both hands at the same time, then I lean to right or left hand depending on whichever I start with and works best.

Some times I have no idea which is considered left handed or right. Sweeping with a broom, which hand holds the pisser steady when urinating, carrying stuff while walking, clasping my fingers together to find the dominant hand, skateboarding, etc...
I prefer to skate goofy foot, but I had no idea that was unusual.

So in the end, I am most likely ambidextrous but with a tendency to left hand dominance. Hard to say. I write with my right hand, do most others things left handed. Reason being, though, is that the left hand can often be an advantage in many situations.
As for playing guitar... I am quite proficient as a right handed player, but I always think that if I committed myself to playing left handed I would be a little bit better because I think I could fret notes faster with the twiddly-diddlys if I was using my right hand for that. I just don't want to relearn how to play... it might only take a couple months, but getting new callouses, wanting to restring guitars, trying to find good left handed guitars... pain in the ass.

I know a left handed guitarist and I asked him about whether it felt right to play right handed. He said he used a right handed guitar for almost two years and played like CRAP. He decided to buy a new guitar, and within a few months playing left handed he was way better than he ever was using his right. For me, I imagined myself as a left handed player but because I was given a right handed guitar to play, I just decided to learn with that hand. It was no big deal.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM
right handed for me
Old 12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Both handed.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Years ago if you were a left hander you would be forced to use your right in,schools l really this harsh that they would have this to students
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Righty.

People who can write with both hands amaze the hell out of me.
I've tried to train myself to use my left.
Failure, horrible failure.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Years ago if you were a left hander you would be forced to use your right in,schools l really this harsh that they would have this to students
That's what happened to me. I was originally left handed but they only had right handed desks in school when I was a kid. So I had to learn with my right and stopped using my left completely. So now, I'm completely right handed(I think the only thing I can still do with my left is cutting with scissors). Anyway, fuck public schools.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
Anyway, fuck public schools.
Agreed. Shitty joke institutions.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes having to change hands while doing is hard and also sitting next to a right handed person is a classic with hands bumping whiile left trys to write
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Agreed. Shitty joke institutions.
Lack of concentration camps.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Hmm... Let me see. Oh yeah. I do things with both of my hands. But not at the same time.

Right Hand - Pick my nose & eat it, masturbate, scratch my ass, wipe my ass, take a piss, drink, eat. Blow my nose, brush my hair. Finger my girlfriend (if i had one)
Left Hand - adjust my hair, scratch my balls, adjust my balls, rub my eyes, rub my balls again, eat with left hand too. my electric toothbrush. finger my girlfriend (if i had one)

Did I miss anything? Oh yes of course. I do do one thing with both of my hands at the same time. I play video games, and that requires both hands on the controller. Driving also requires both hands if you're a sensible driver. Sense? What is that in this day and age.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Lol God of war so you use both hands for a lot things and l see you are a busy man l better stop before l say something dirty y
Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 AM
You could probably cut my left hand off and I wouldn't notice anything.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I felt like chopping off my left wrist when l sprained and strained it l could only pick up two plates when l was doing my waitressing job l had to use the right hand and l was as slow a wet chook

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-26-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm right-handed. I don't see how being left-handed could make it harder for you to have a job though. And I don't know why anyone would fire someone for being a leftie.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
true left-hander ..... i tried to throw a baseball with my right-hand once , it was horrible.

My bane as a kid

Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magjournal View Post
I'm right-handed. I don't see how being left-handed could make it harder for you to have a job though. And I don't know why anyone would fire someone for being a leftie.
Well it depends what the job intails and if it is for a right hander it can be hard

Well a employer did sack me and l asked why l was being sacked

And his answer was becaue you are a left hander
I know it is stupid but it did happen
I was quite upset by this and told a workmate and she went to the union l was able to be reemployed but it had to be a job that was not right handed
Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
true left-hander ..... i tried to throw a baseball with my right-hand once , it was horrible.

My bane as a kid

Oh you are aleft hander Dirtyfrog looks as though at the moment there is only two on the forum

One thing l tried to do was right with my right hand and geez they writing was crap but with my left it is a whiz

The good old Left haned store
http://www.calibex.com.au/the-left-h...3968F09AC96243
Everything a left hander can use grins

Last edited by Bondgirl; 12-26-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Right-handed here...
Old 12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
geez there is alot of right handers here on the forum

I thought we could even it out
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
It is weird, because I'm left-handed but I play guitar as a right-handed person. And I can't like switch it.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 PM
There are many left handers who use there right hand sometimes to do things
Or like you have said you have learnt to use the guitar with your right hand but maybe when you were younger someone might have tought you the right handed way
Old 02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm right-handed, but there are a lot of things I do with my left hand. I'm what they call ambidextrous.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Well l have to admit if l am playing football l will kick the ball with the right foot
Also in a game of cricket l am right handed

But anything else l am left handed all over

One thing l hate is when you use right handed things and sometimes it is hard to use if you are using the left hand

I can not use a right haned pair of scissors if l do everything comes out jaggeered

Exophine what does that last word in your centance mean
I
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Ambidextrous? It just means that I don't exclusively lean toward using one hand. I go back and forth between hands for different tasks. Sometimes I'm able to do things with either hand the same.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exophrine View Post
I'm right-handed, but there are a lot of things I do with my left hand. I'm what they call ambidextrous.
Same here.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
Lack of concentration camps.
Ain't it a shame?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:28 AM
President Garfield could write with both hands, at the same time, in different languages.

I'm a righty at everything.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:56 AM
Right handed
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 AM
I'm right-handed in almost every respect. I've tried writing with my left, but it looks worse than a kindergarten student.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 AM
When l sprained and strained my wrist and lower part of my arm t l had to use my,right hand it was funny to see my right handed writing you are right it is like a little child's writing