Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Silent Night (2012)

In case you didn't know, this will be a remake of Silent Night Deadly Night (1984)...Now let's get you caught up with things:

Steven C. Miller to helm Silent Night, Deadly Night remake, Malcolm McDowell to star

Quote:
Well fuck me. Here's one movie I thought would never - and should never - be remade!

Variety has it that Anchor Bay has locked North American rights to SILENT NIGHT, a loose remake of the polemic 1984 slasher SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT. The flick is being produced by The Genre Company and Inferno's Ember Productions. Word is Steven C. Miller (AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION, SCREAM OF THE BANSHEE) will direct the film from a screenplay by exec-producer Jayson Rothwell, with the great Malcolm McDowell set to star.

SILENT NIGHT tells the story of a local police department's search for the killer Santa Claus terrorizing their remote Midwestern town on Christmas Eve. McDowell will play Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action.

Sounds like things are moving fast. Filming is ready to commence next month, so that the company can reap the benefits of a worldwide holiday season release. Miller, as you may know, is putting the final touches on his new film THE AGGRESSION SCALE.

Alright, so what's up. Are you as shocked by this announcement as I? Not that such a good horror film is being remade, but that it's already set to shoot next month. Malcolm McDowell? Shite's craziness!

That said, what are your thoughts on a loose remake of SILENT NIGHT? Is Miller the right cat for the job?
LINK:
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...dowell-to-star

Malcolm McDowell talks a bit about that Silent Night, Deadly Night remake

Quote:
Last week came the news that Steven C. Miller would be helming a remake of the classic 80s slasher SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT. Yeah, I'm not sure how to feel about that either... But at least the thing is going to star Malcolm McDowell right?!

Speaking of which, IFC Films recently had a chance to talk to the veteran actor about his upcoming flick SUING THE DEVIL but the topic quickly changed over to SILENT NIGHT and how he must finally love to get a run at being the 'good guy.' Here's a bit of what McDowell (right) shared in the interview:

ďIím the good guy. And Iím chasing the bad Santa.Ē

ďYeah. Thatís one of the reasons I wanted to do it. Iím happy to do it and I hope itís going to be good.Ē

The Genre Company and Inferno's Ember Productions are set to get production underway on SILENT NIGHT next month with a script from executive producer Jayson Rothwell.

SILENT NIGHT tells the story of a local police department's search for the killer Santa Claus terrorizing their remote Midwestern town on Christmas Eve. McDowell will play Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action.

Hey if Malcolm McDowell is excited for SILENT NIGHT then maybe there's something to it? Or maybe he's just looking for an easy paycheck? Unfortunately there's no way of telling which way this one will float just yet but you can bet we'll keep our eyes on it.
LINK:
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...y-night-remake

Steven C. Miller's Silent Night picked up by Anchor Bay Films

Quote:
Anchor Bay Films has nabbed North American rights to the upcoming feature SILENT NIGHT with Malcolm McDowell set to star. The film will be released theatrically worldwide this holiday season. Steven C. Miller will direct. Todayís deal was announced by Bill Clark, President of Anchor Bay Entertainment.

SILENT NIGHT is the story of a local police departmentís search for the killer Santa Claus terrorizing their remote Midwestern town on Christmas Eve. McDowell will play Sheriff Cooper, a small-town hero ready for some big-time action. Film is a loose remake of the controversial 1984 horror sensation Silent Night, Deadly Night, which went on to spawn four sequels.

In addition to McDowell, SILENT NIGHT is set to star Jaime King, Donal Logue, Jamie Kennedy, Brendan Fehr, Lisa Marie, and Ellen Wong.

The picture is currently in pre-production with principal photography scheduled to begin later this month.
LINK:
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...chor-bay-films

More Silent Night casting news! And the killer Santa is...

Quote:
Casting news on Steven C. Miller's SILENT NIGHT keep on coming, probably because the cast and crew are too busy actually filming that shite to keep info from trickling out. Only yesterday, we learned that hottie Cortney Palm had a part in the flick and now Winnipeg Free Press uncovered the identity of our beloved bloodthirsty Santa! It looks like Winnipeg's own actor/stunt coordinator Rick Skene (pictured right) will don the red fluffy suit and brandish the axe. You may have seen Mr. Skene's work in such films as THE DIVIDE, SURVEILLANCE and THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES BY THE COWARD ROBERT FORD.
LINK:
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/n...iller-santa-is

Even More Silent Night Remake Set Photos

Quote:
Director Steven C. Miller (The Aggression Scale) continues to use his Facebook to share all of the fun he's having on Silent Night, the remake of Silent Night, Deadly Night.

It's weird to see such festive Christmas imagery as we enter the summer movie season, but that's movie magic for ya, folks.

Malcolm McDowell, Jamie Kennedy, Donal Logue, Jaime King, Brendan Fehr, Lisa Marie and Ellen Wong star in the redo which will be released by Anchor Bay during the 2012 holiday season. Jayson Rothwell penned the script which concerns a maniac dressed as Santa Claus who terrorizes a small town. McDowell plays the man of the law after him.
LINK:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...ake-set-photos

I'm really surprised by just how quickly this one is moving along. But it's got a solid cast (I LOVE Jamie King) and this is one series that could use a remake/reboot, so I say Bring it on!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:33 PM
this one will be in select theaters next weekend... i plan on checking it out!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Any word on this? I liked the original so I'll have to find a way to see it soon.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:09 AM
The word is: it's great!

My new favorite Christmas movie. Right up there with Christmas Vacation.