Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Do you think the world can do without paper

In say this as l was watching a report on this

Do you think we could get rid of it and just use computers Ipads and other computerized material

I feel that we would still have to use paper for many reasons well most of the time computers and other things go down for all sorts of reasons sometimes viruses can delete important imformation

So do you think we can do without paper these days and just resort to using computers and other things
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 PM
yes ... btw canada has been slowly dropping the 1 ˘ as money so the past 6 months

so in the next 6 months - 1 year , we shouldn't need those ever.

Evolution steps on past achievements .... 1˘ and paper are close to the exit door
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Well l have to agree to that Australia is slowly going to e readers and other devices but what if computers go down and all the imformation is lost
it has happened where all imformation has been wriiten off and using cds to colect imformation is good but just say you breack or lose it

Also where are we going to be with writing with pens and other things

You see it is alright for poeple who have been taught to write but it is up and coming generations who will not cope with cahnge

There are things to sign and not knowing how to spoell with bring problems if we only use a keyboard

Last edited by Bondgirl; 01-04-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
This is part of a bigger question, I think, one that questions the need for any physical data at all over digital data.

My answer to that is that we will always need some sort of physical copy of data that is deemed important. But then that throws into question what we should consider important.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Hahahahaha. This thread contains the most ironic sentence ive ever seen on joblo in my 9 years of coming here.

Can you find it?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Will always need toilet paper!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
There are things to sign and not knowing how to spoell with bring problems if we only use a keyboard
Clearly.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM
^^ hahahah.......Aced found what I was talking about earlier.

Cheers!
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM
EDIT.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Block View Post
never used toilet leaves?
Can't say that I have, no.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Already taken care of....seashells

http://moralofthestorypodcast.files....-man_00012.jpg
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Especially me.
I always use more paper than I need.
B'cuz I always want to be absolutely sure.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM
My only real issues with there being a possibility of paper going bye bye is that I'm an artist, and there are many artists (like myself) that use paper for their art. I'm also a tattooer and I require paper to make stencils for clients.

...and toilet paper, of course.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Heading more and more into a digital age is inevitable. However, paper will always have its place because as others have mentioned, the various forms of important documentation will most of the time take precedence over a digital format. Now, when it comes to ticket stubs at movies, mass produced books, receipts, and other relatively small things, an electronic alternative seems more likely.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
the company I work for goes thru some much paper per day its actually quite disgusting. I mean we try and recycle but still, just so wasteful. I have to keep filling the printers EVERYDAY. smdh
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
the company I work for goes thru some much paper per day its actually quite disgusting. I mean we try and recycle but still, just so wasteful. I have to keep filling the printers EVERYDAY. smdh
This. Show up to a meeting where they've literally printed out 50 pages for every to view during the demonstration. After the meeting those pages are useless and everyone pretty much chunks them in the recycle.

Honestly if they just bought everyone cheap laptops or tablets they would save money over time from the ludicrous amount of ink and paper that gets wasted. I am sure this is true in most corporate environments.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBateman View Post
Hahahahaha. This thread contains the most ironic sentence ive ever seen on joblo in my 9 years of coming here.

Can you find it?
Yes l did and it is a spelling error
We all make mistakes at diffrent times

I am very proud of you and l hope l made your day with my sentance
Old 01-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Can't say that I have, no.
Did you know years ago before we did have toliet paper people would use newspaper to wipe there arse

Also if you lived in the bush in Australia years ago the option was to use leafs from trees

Maybe if we dont have paper anymore we can go back to using the second option
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Yes l did and it is a spelling error
We all make mistakes at diffrent times

I am very proud of you and l hope l made your day with my sentance
It was ironic, nothing more. Thanks for being proud of me for whatever reason. And don't flatter yourself you didn't make my day with your "sentence".

I///I/^ĄŁ×/(₩