Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 06:16 PM
Superman is one of the most boring characters in cinema. And I hope this film bombs.

Superman is either an overpowered god, so there is no drama, or he is sick with Kryptonite. Seeing your hero turn into a wimp before you eyes due to a green rock is not pleasant...it is also very lazy writing.

Lex Luther is also a boring villain. In reality, he'd present no challenge to a superman. He'd just physically over power and or kill him in the time it takes to blink. But because of the pathetically written character, Superman always lets himself be vulnerable to Lex. Superman needs a villain he can physically battle with, or it should be Lex vs Clark Kent as a reporter. I think they should consider making the next films mystery crime dramas, where Superman is only occasionally seen.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMovieMan View Post
I loved Pa Kent's response to Clark when he asked whether he should have just left the people to die. "Maybe"

This is going to be good.
I thought the same. I keep hearing people say "that isn't what Pa Kent is suppose to say, yadda, yadda, yadda!" But you have to realize this is a realistic take on the character, that what a real father would probably say to his son if he knew has as much power as Clark. He would be scared of his son being discovered and taken from them. It's a natural when you love your child like Ma and Pa Kent.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derkesthai View Post
Why do superheroes have to be so melancholy now? Why is that so popular?

Seriously, superheroes are heroes with powers anyone would want, so why does it always have to be treated like such a curse? Why does everything have to be so depressing? "I have superpowers, so sad. I saved a bus full of kids, so sad. I'm going to save earth, so sad." I want to see a Superman movie without wanting to slash my wrists. I want to enjoy the movie, and have fun (which is the point of superheroes).

This is Superman, so why is it being treated like 21 Grams or Grave of the Fireflies? I was kind of surprised that we didn't hear the Schindler's List theme play during this trailer.

I just can't see myself sitting through 2 hours of crying and depressing speeches. I want my superheroes to be far less emo.

I'd hate to see a new reboot of Indiana Jones. He'd be a drunk who contemplates life while battling his inner demons with nightmares of all faces of all the people he has killed.
Glad you asked that question. It speaks to a deeper truth about human behavior: people often learn the wrong lessons from their experiences (cue Calvin's, of Calvin and Hobbes, famous quip that "Snow goons are bad news."). If avatar, a film that, whatever you think of it, makes a hundred bajillion dollars at the box, it must be because people like 3D, so now everything is 3D, whether that is appropriate or not. If certain superhero movies make a ton of money at the box by being dark, brooding and meloncoly, that must be because that's what people like.

The comic book industry had this problem in 1987, and it almost sunk the entire industry (well, that and a lot of other factors, which are neither here nor there, but it certainly was one factor). Tons of writers/artists who didn't have the talent of Frank Miller and Alan Moore (who wrote the seminal classics the dark knight returns, Batman: Year One, and Watchmen) tried to be Frank Miller and Alan Moore because they figured that was what the public wanted and/or because they were inspired by Moore and Miller and thought that was the direction to take things. The "grim and gritty" epoch of comics was also characterized by a complete lack of any really great books in superhero fare (I say superhero because the company, at the time, which was created to leverage "grim and gritty" without superheroes, Vertigo Comics, experience a boom during this time, publishing titles that are still recognized as state of the art).

For me, the greatest comic book of all time is Kingdome Come, and it was published during this era, but as a direct reaction too (as opposed to an endorsement of) what was going on. Kingdome Come, like Watchmen before it, is a comic book about comic books, in which one of the premier writers in the industry did a lot of soul searching about where comics was and what direction an uncertain future would hold. The direct parallels with Dante (particularly the Inferno), in terms of plot, that Waid incorporated into the book are not a mistake.

It took an almost complete shutdown of the industry in the late nineties to make people come to their senses. Again, there were many other factors, but its also no coincidence that the style of that era has largely been kicked to the curb, by both Marvel and DC, post Ultimate Spiderman #1/HUSH, in our current era. I would characterize the current era as paralleling most closely the very late Golden Age (1950 - 1955) when an explosion of artistic style and genres dominated comics in a post-war world. Some of the stories that are being published today will likely be all-time all-timers. I can't say that about any by a very few books in the 1986-2001 era.

The grand irony of all of this is that people, at one time, thought it was a good idea to make everything grim, gritty and meloncoly. It took the near implosion of everything to make people come to their senses, which, I guess only goes to show that sometimes, out of disaster comes good. I also think having the Avengers, a decidely pop-corn entertainment movie, come out at the same time, make more money that anyone, and serve as a huge counter-balance, is nothing but a good thing. Comics have been great when everyone wasn't all doing the same thing. I think the same thing is true of superheroes in film. Diversity, in this situation, is definitely a good thing.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:30 PM
It feels like everything these days has to have some sort of gravitas.

Regardless, I'm super stoked to see this movie. Zack Snyder's been kind of on the fence for me. I respect him as a filmmaker, but just haven't loved his movies as much as I'd hoped to. Maybe working with Christopher Nolan will result in something awesome, and I hope that's the case.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminent Junkie View Post
It feels like everything these days has to have some sort of gravitas.

Regardless, I'm super stoked to see this movie. Zack Snyder's been kind of on the fence for me. I respect him as a filmmaker, but just haven't loved his movies as much as I'd hoped to. Maybe working with Christopher Nolan will result in something awesome, and I hope that's the case.
I think you can thank Christopher Nolan for a lot of the gravitas in movies nowadays, since his Dark Knight trilogy's success and its dark tone and look into serious issues.

Just looking at the trailer, this doesn't look like a Snyder movie - unless you think of his Dawn of the Dead. But 300, Watchmen, and Sucker Punch . . . not even close.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
"You either die a villain, or live long enough to see yourself become the hero."
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Okay, so been doing some thinking about this movie recently, and here goes: I don't think that Synder has the right vision for this project. To be fair, I didn't think that Singer had the right vision for Superman Returns either. However, I look at the stuff we've seen so far, and while some of it (the fight scenes with Zod) are very cool, most of it is decidely "meh" (pretty much everything else). I keep worrying that warner wanted to do a Superman movie, and picked Synder to do it, which pretty much signals failure from the start.

In many ways, the history of such things is riddled with bad ideas that were oh so obviously bad ideas, to anyone who cared to pay attention, but no one said anything until after hundreds of millions of dollars were spent. I'll say it now: the reason I've been mum on the trailers and stuff so far is that I find the whole thing to be pretty bad, and the creative direction in general, to be lacking. I would love to be wrong, and for the sake of a JL movie, and whatever else WB might have in the pipeline, I need to be wrong. There's just something in my gut, something I can't shake, that makes me uncomfortable about this film.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Okay, so been doing some thinking about this movie recently, and here goes: I don't think that Synder has the right vision for this project. To be fair, I didn't think that Singer had the right vision for Superman Returns either. However, I look at the stuff we've seen so far, and while some of it (the fight scenes with Zod) are very cool, most of it is decidely "meh" (pretty much everything else). I keep worrying that warner wanted to do a Superman movie, and picked Synder to do it, which pretty much signals failure from the start.
One thing I'm optimistic about is that Chris Nolan, and his creative team of his brother and David Goyer - who all were involved in his Dark Knight trilogy - are involved. And Snyder was Nolan's choice to direct. "In Nolan We Trust." Snyder wouldn't have been my first choice, but I did like the trailer(s) and am looking forward to this movie.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 PM
just rewatched count of monte cristo 2 days ago. during the movie i kept sayin to myself "damn..that kid looks just like henry cavill." ended up doin a google search and yup. didnt realize that at all.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspectRatio1986 View Post
Hm. Looks more like a guy dressed up as Superman, and less like Superman himself.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Hm. Looks more like a guy dressed up as Superman, and less like Superman himself.
3 Things to discuss :

1)
The trailers for the movie have been well made but the one thing I cant look past is that I dont see superman when I see Cavill in the outfit. I just dont see it. The one thing that makes me optimistic is that Nolan and crew are part of the crew working on this but I have stated on this forum that I dont carry the blind faithfullness to nolan as others have. I feel he is human and is susceptible to making mistakes. This mentallity that Nolan can do NO worng and everything he touches is gold only sets you up for dissapointment (which hasnt happened much to hi9s credit although I do find afew of his films mediocre.) This can be the movie where he makes some mistakes. Choosing Snyder may be the 1st one.

2)
I simply have no faith in snyder. At All. I was hoping once Nolan came aboard that we would hear news that Snyder backed out and Nolan would take his place. I was praying for it. That never came to fruition. I also hoped that Tom Hardy would be casted as Lex Luthor after the amazing photoshop picture posted on this forum (although I knew that wouldnt happen).

3) Many are saying superman is a horrible character. And i am very much against that belief. I feel he is rarely written well in many comics or books. I do feel that he is deeper and more relatable than most people understand. i think it takes a certain type of person to understand how deep of a character he can be. Clark Kent is a kryptonian. THis makes him a an outsider. he doesnt feel he belongs. He wants to feel like he does but no matter what he does he will not ever belong or fit in. He tries to blend in to the crowd and dissapear and live a simple life but reality is that with his abilites he will never be able to. he is destined to stand in the spotlight. But he really doesnt want to. This is relatable. how many people felt they didnt fit in or socially were introverts. This is Clark Kent. Sure he has many friends because he is a good person. But he much rather just blend in and have an ordinary life. problem is he understands all he can contribute to the earth with his abilites and chooses that over what he wants.

Supermans morals SHOULD be relatable. But in this era they arent. That has alot to say with our society today more than about superman. Superman is the kind of guy that finds a wallet with money and returns the wallet with the money, the kind of guy that holds the door for people as they walk in to be polite. He is clean cut and a genuine good person to the core. he always wants to do the right thing. People in our time want to see our characters with some dirt on them because (mostly) we have dirt on us. We want the bad mouth superhero/ anti hero / vigilante because we dont care for doing the right thing all the time. It isnt real to us. ( I want to campare Tim Tebow to superman but that would seem awkward IMO lol). The thing is when you want to always to the right thing its tough. What about when WHAT the right thing IS isnt clear? What about doing the right and humane thing in a INHUMANE society? This can be interesting. It reminds me of the film Blast from the past with Brandan Frasier. he had Pure thoughts. Good person. In a un-pure world. These elements (plus more) make superman interesting.

P.S. THis is my 1st 2013 post so i thought Id start with a bang. Sorry for the how long it is. happy new years to everyone and I know this will be another great year on this forum!

ANOTHER P.S. I STILL WANT A KRYPTON MOVIE!! CMON HOLLYWOOD!!!lol
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
How should he look like, then?

Last edited by bigred760; 01-10-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
What do you think of this?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Looks like Superman to me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopontheshoes7 View Post
Looks like Superman to me.
Sure it's not a guy dressed up as Superman instead of Superman himself?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom718 View Post
ANOTHER P.S. I STILL WANT A KRYPTON MOVIE!! CMON HOLLYWOOD!!!lol
As the committee of one person who first pitched this idea on this forum, I thank you. The more and more I think about it, the more and more going back to Krypton makes sense. The biggest weakness (IMHO) in the warner/DC film universe, something that FWIW, their animated universe doesn't suffer from, is the lack of connectivity. A shared universe isn't just some concept that comic fans like to mumble about, its one of the pillar tenants of the medium, it is Stan Lee's gift to the industry.

The thing about Krypton is that you could incorporate so many other parts of the DCU seemlessly into the movie. Krypton is one of the most technologically advanced civilizations in the universe. It makes perfect sense that there would be relations with Rann, Thanagar, and Oa. It makes perfect sense that the GL corps would be around (and you could do GL the way it SHOULD have been done: space cop). It makes sense that we'd see Busty Tamaranians (and who doesn't love busty tamaranians, with their lax views on modesty?) It makes sense that we'd see Lobo. It makes sense that there would be relationships with New Genesis and Apokolips. None of those things would stress the bounds of credibility at all.

What's more, and this is key, anyone who knows anything about Jor-el knows this much: he's one of the smartest men on his planet. Now, I ask you, a genius, on a super-technologically advanced planet, tries to save his infant son by shooting him off into god knows where in the middle of space? It never works like that in comics. Jor-el knew Krypton was dying, he knew it for quite some time, and tried to get people to see it too.

Guys like that always have a fall-back plan, heck, he had the rocket ready to go at the least minute. He had to have visited earth, and he had to have figured out "okay, if I'm not going to raise my kid, whose the next best person I can find?" In comics, that's the way people like him think. The cool part of that is what would he have found on earth? Would he have had interactions with the older guard of costumed adventurers who roamed the nation a generation before Superman? Might he have met the Waynes? Remember, in the cannonical telling of the rocketship launch, Lara refers to earth as a "mudball" and "underdeveloped". Jor-el is the one who seems to champion our cause. There are some things in this story that are a little bit of a stretch (like who he might have met on earth) and other parts that aren't.

That's why I think this idea makes sense, it would serve as an introduction to the broader DCU, while telling, at the same time, a story that is new and innovative. What DC desperately needs, if its ever to compete with Marvel on the silver screen, is a broad introduction. Simply put, DC's properties, beyond the heavy hitters, just aren't as well known as Marvel's, and that's due largely to Marvel's aggressive cross marketing. Who the heck knew who nick fury and SHIELD were before the marvel films started coming out? Who knew who HYDRA was? DC is standing on just as much gold as marvel and need to get its head out of its arse. Nolan is great, but you need to do more.

Here's another free present for warner. You know the SHIELD TV show they're talking about? I think a Gotham Central TV show could be a ratings juggernaut if done properly. People like crime drama (CSI) and they like Batman. This seems like a no brainer, to me. Yet, for DC, ideas like that (which are just the tip of the iceberg) sit there, and they'll continue to sit there until DC and warner start promoting across the platform. Neil Gaiman (new York Times Bestselling novelist) once said that when was a kid, and he read a comic, it felt not like he was reading about one particular character, but that he was getting postcards from Oz. That should be, IMHO, the direction things go in.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom718 View Post

3) Many are saying superman is a horrible character. And i am very much against that belief. I feel he is rarely written well in many comics or books. I do feel that he is deeper and more relatable than most people understand. i think it takes a certain type of person to understand how deep of a character he can be. Clark Kent is a kryptonian. THis makes him a an outsider. he doesnt feel he belongs. He wants to feel like he does but no matter what he does he will not ever belong or fit in. He tries to blend in to the crowd and dissapear and live a simple life but reality is that with his abilites he will never be able to. he is destined to stand in the spotlight. But he really doesnt want to. This is relatable. how many people felt they didnt fit in or socially were introverts. This is Clark Kent. Sure he has many friends because he is a good person. But he much rather just blend in and have an ordinary life. problem is he understands all he can contribute to the earth with his abilites and chooses that over what he wants.

Supermans morals SHOULD be relatable. But in this era they arent. That has alot to say with our society today more than about superman. Superman is the kind of guy that finds a wallet with money and returns the wallet with the money, the kind of guy that holds the door for people as they walk in to be polite. He is clean cut and a genuine good person to the core. he always wants to do the right thing. People in our time want to see our characters with some dirt on them because (mostly) we have dirt on us. We want the bad mouth superhero/ anti hero / vigilante because we dont care for doing the right thing all the time. It isnt real to us. ( I want to campare Tim Tebow to superman but that would seem awkward IMO lol). The thing is when you want to always to the right thing its tough. What about when WHAT the right thing IS isnt clear? What about doing the right and humane thing in a INHUMANE society? This can be interesting. It reminds me of the film Blast from the past with Brandan Frasier. he had Pure thoughts. Good person. In a un-pure world. These elements (plus more) make superman interesting.
Relatability is an odd concept, in that people say Superman isn't relatable because of his power level. Everyone in comics, even the guys who don't "have powers", are bigger, stronger and more attractive than I will ever be (but you, on the other hand, well, you're all that and a bag of chips!), to that end, nobody is relatable to me. However, that's not really what its all about. The scale of a heroes' power have more to do with the special effects budget these days than anything else. Ie, the reason people find Superman "too powerful" has more to do with the scale of his villians, and the effects budget (Zod, in Superman two, was a great villian, but man, were the effects crappy) these days than anything else. Like I've said elsewhere, we're all equally powerless in the face of an invasion from Apokolips. Superman may be the world's most powerful hero, but faced with the likes of Orion and Big Barda? Faced with a horde of Parademons and the Furies? What's stopping someone from putting that on the big screen? How $$$ the effects would be, and whether or not it would be way more than Superman could handle (it would be, Darkseid is more of a Justice League problem, I don't think Superman, for all his powers, would stand a chance against the hordes of Apokolips by himself)

The other point to that is that you don't need Darkseid. Believe it, or not, the DCU has plenty of villians that can do toe to toe with Superman physically. I think Brainiac would be fascinating as a main villian, and would love the chance to write a film with him. It would be a deeply intriguing drama about the logical limit of technology, humanity, and the struggles of man against it. Brainiac is another guy who, mainly because of his pretty stupid sounding name, has never gotten his due and been fleshed out as a formidable Superman villian, but if you think about who he is, and what he represents, he's incredibly formidable. How much so? He's the villian who was so strong, that Jor-el and all of Krypton's finest couldn't stop him from putting the city of Kandor into a bottle.

Beyond mere villiany, though, there is an essence to Superman that is relatable. One of my co-workers, at the place where I work, is an immigrant from India. He came over here to go to school, he finished, and he found work here. He's been struggling with the oddball immigrations policies of this country for years now. I often think of him, or my parents, who immigrated to this country in the 70s, and think "man, how lonely must that be?" When my parents came here, they had no family or friends here, strangers in a strange land. My co-worker is in a similar situation, he's made some friends, but all of his family, and all of his child-hood friends are on the other side of the planet.

Take that feeling and multiply it by an entire planet, you've lost everyone, your entire civilization, and you're the last member of your race. There is nobody like you, nobody to talk to about who you are, anywhere in the universe. What a lonely and isolated feeling that is. I've never know it, because I was born here, raised here, and this is my home, this is where my friends and family are (more than a few of my family members followed my parents and came over). Being Superman is about being different, being Superman is the immigrant's story. Being Superman is to be the light that shows humanity the way (the parallels with Moses are oh so obviously intentional, being that Superman was created by two Jewish boys from Cleveland). That's a pretty big job, whether he wants it or not.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soda View Post
Beyond mere villiany, though, there is an essence to Superman that is relatable. One of my co-workers, at the place where I work, is an immigrant from India. He came over here to go to school, he finished, and he found work here. He's been struggling with the oddball immigrations policies of this country for years now. I often think of him, or my parents, who immigrated to this country in the 70s, and think "man, how lonely must that be?" When my parents came here, they had no family or friends here, strangers in a strange land. My co-worker is in a similar situation, he's made some friends, but all of his family, and all of his child-hood friends are on the other side of the planet.

Take that feeling and multiply it by an entire planet, you've lost everyone, your entire civilization, and you're the last member of your race. There is nobody like you, nobody to talk to about who you are, anywhere in the universe. What a lonely and isolated feeling that is. I've never know it, because I was born here, raised here, and this is my home, this is where my friends and family are (more than a few of my family members followed my parents and came over). Being Superman is about being different, being Superman is the immigrant's story. Being Superman is to be the light that shows humanity the way (the parallels with Moses are oh so obviously intentional, being that Superman was created by two Jewish boys from Cleveland). That's a pretty big job, whether he wants it or not.
I'm always reminded of Bill's soliloquy in Kill Bill: Vol. 2 when it comes to Superman - as far as his view of the world. I've always loved that part of the movie.

I think of the things that stands out in the promotion for Man of Steel is the shot of Superman walking in handcuffs with an armed military escort. This is on a poster and in the trailer. What's interesting about this to me is that those handcuffs can't hold Superman and anything those escorts fire at Supes will bounce right off. Yet, Superman looks like he's in no hurry to escape. So I think he's chosen to be taken by these authorities and accepted that he's different and doesn't want to do anything about it. I'm curious as hell to see what becomes of the story angle and that particular scene - how it came about and what happens after it.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I'm always reminded of Bill's soliloquy in Kill Bill: Vol. 2 when it comes to Superman - as far as his view of the world. I've always loved that part of the movie.

I think of the things that stands out in the promotion for Man of Steel is the shot of Superman walking in handcuffs with an armed military escort. This is on a poster and in the trailer. What's interesting about this to me is that those handcuffs can't hold Superman and anything those escorts fire at Supes will bounce right off. Yet, Superman looks like he's in no hurry to escape. So I think he's chosen to be taken by these authorities and accepted that he's different and doesn't want to do anything about it. I'm curious as hell to see what becomes of the story angle and that particular scene - how it came about and what happens after it.
What you mentioned is what stands out from the promotion of this movie to me as well. I think I'll elaborate by comparing DC's two biggest heroes.

Supes and Batman are/can be very similar characters as far as their sense of virtue in the face of temptation and corruption go. Batman could easily kill some of his biggest adversaries, like the joker, just as Supes could easily defeat the soldiers holding him captive. However, neither one of them forgoes their sense of morality when an easier path is presented to them.

There is an interesting difference that distinguishes the type of hero Supes is from Batman in the trailer for Man of Steel. With Batman, everyone in Gotham was just waiting for someone or something to rescue their city. Help couldn't come soon enough. Man of Steel seems to take a different approach with its hero, asking the question is the world even ready for a hero as powerful as superman?

Whereas most of Batman's power is drawn from his ability to become a symbol, most of supes power comes from his actual physical abilities. People often fear those that are much more physically powerful than themselves. The fear comes from the thought that they could easily abuse their power, their potential for destruction and violence. Hopefully, Man of Steel will take advantage of this theme.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
How should he look like, then?
Like this:

Because THAT looks like Superman to me.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:35 PM
I wish they had kept the "S" over blue, instead of the usual red, blue, yellow.

But it definitely has the yellow.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm I the only one who keeps expecting the first tunes of John Williams' theme after the music fades out in the trailer?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Man of Steel
Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.
Release Date: June 14, 2013
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Man of Steel
Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language.
Release Date: June 14, 2013
No surprises there....I'm expecting the runtime to be right around 2 hours and 10 minutes....
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
I'm I the only one who keeps expecting the first tunes of John Williams' theme after the music fades out in the trailer?
No. Whenever I think of Superman I almost immediately think of John Williams' iconic score/theme. It'll be weird seeing a Superman movie and not having that great music accompany it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
No. Whenever I think of Superman I almost immediately think of John Williams' iconic score/theme. It'll be weird seeing a Superman movie and not having that great music accompany it.
At this point, I dont know if its possible. It's so completely a part of the character.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
It'll be weird seeing a Superman movie and not having that great music accompany it.
I agree; I think one of the biggest problems Superman Returns had was that it was a sequel to Donner's films, but Routh just didn't come close to living up to Christopher Reeve.

It's amazing that even though Reeve's movies came out 30 years ago and they're still considered the standard for Superman movies. The music has a lot to do with that. They'll be hard to top.

But looking at the the trailer, I think Man of Steel could be something spectacular.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Looks like Superman to me
Old 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM
Apparently the first test screenings were extremely positive, however take this with a grain of salt because they were apparently on the Warner Bros lot. The quote that gives me the most hope however is "imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action." That sounds fucking great, hopefully this is a good sign.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/scoo...l-kinds-of-ass
Old 03-12-2013, 08:27 PM
AN odd question to ponder. Say this one does well. Any chance Kevin Costner could be in the sequel? He has never done a sequel? He probably dies in this one, but he could still do a flashback moment.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM
David S. Goyer had a couple of things to say the first one is about the secrecy of the film.

Quote:
Itís something Chris [Nolan] tried hard to do with the Batman films. Iím genuinely pleased with how much secrecy weíve been able to maintain. Thereís so much of the movie that people donít know, that hasnít been touched upon. The trailerís just the tiniest, tiniest tip of the iceberg.
This quote is about how dark the film will be and this should be good news for people who are worried it will be the The Dark Knight trilogy. I personally don't care how dark or realistic it is as long as its a good movie.

Quote:
Relatable and realistic doesnít necessarily mean dark. I think it would be inappropriate for us to approach a Superman film as if we were doing The Dark Knight.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/writ...el-and-secrecy
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM
First T.V. Spot for Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is here - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2PK
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Henry Cavill's Man of Steel Lands the Latest EW Cover

A new image of Henry Cavill's Superman from Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is now online
as the iconic costume graces the cover of the latest issue of EW. Check it out below!
source

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-10-2013 at 06:44 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Word has it that Man of Steel will not feature any kryptonite.

I'm okay with no kryptonite, as long as they save it for the sequels. It's part of the Superman storyline, but not a requirement of it. Superman II didn't feature kryptonite and it's considered better than the first movie. Superman trying to find his place among humans and battling Zod is good enough for me in this movie.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:51 AM
I feel a trailer coming soon..like today.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
New images from EW and SOUNDTRACKS listed on Amazon.com and RUNNING TIME

he magazine has now posted the article on its iPad edition and you can check out new photos (via /Film) below!
SOURCE

Just founds these two soundtracks for 'Man of Steel' that are up for preorder @ amazon.com.
Both with a release date of JUNE 11th:

Man of Steel: Origin
Hans Zimmer (Artist)
$11.88
Amazon.com

Man of Steel
Hans Zimmer (Artist)
$19.88
Amazon.com

Found this on IMDB:

Man of Steel (2013)
148 min - Action | Adventure | Fantasy - 14 June 2013 (USA)

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-11-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM
A count down has begun.....

Has anyone notice that the Man Os Steel website has been acting weird?

http://www.manofsteel.com/

When u load up the page a video of "white noise" appears.... I copied some of the link of the videos of the "white noise". change the output to 'gif" to get theses:

[update 4/14]

ANY SAY ZOD?

Also a small viral site called the Deep Space Radio Wave Project at DSRWProject.com was used to help launch the second trailer, now it's up and running again for another message. MovieViral reports on another email from the site with an update. "TODAY WE RECEIVED A NEW TRANSMISSION BELIEVED TO BE AN EXTENSION OF THE LANGUAGE DECODED LAST YEAR. THIS TIME, WE HAVE CONFIRMED THE MESSAGE HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED FROM SPACE." It's being decoded very quickly: 'You Alone Are'. There is one word left to decode.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/man...sage-incoming/

[update 9:15pm]

The last word has been decode.Full message reads: 'You Alone Are Not' (aka "You Are Not Alone")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ManofSteelDecodeYouAlonewebshot3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	11902   Click image for larger version

Name:	decoded.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	11903  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-14-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
New video hits the 'man of steel' website...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Has anyone notice that the Man Os Steel website has been acting weird? When u load up the page a video of "white noise" appears....
A new Youtube video appears on the man of steel website when u now load up the site. Though research I was able to find the youtube weblink to this new video:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6g2ZSuWyM4

Here are some screencap I just made!! There are static figures in the video that I believe are Jor-El and General Zod...

[update]

found this on Facebook:

"You Are Not Alone- Video

New countdown: 48 hours.. until.... on IWillFindHim.com "

update
This was just posted on Facebook:

Our Response to General Zod:
We have received your transmission. You have much to learn about Humans. We donít negotiate with terrorists.

Kal-El belongs to the people of Earth. He is not alone. He has US. Kal-El is *our* citizen.

Hereís our ultimatum to you: You have until Tuesday, 5PM Pacific Time, to turn around. Or YOU face the consequences. Donít mess with the \S/.

----
The countdown at www.IWillFindHim.com ends about 5:20PM PDT Tuesday.

[update #3]

The website, www.IWillFindHim.com, is now displaying what seems to be a countdown clock. The only question is: HOW LONG DO WE HAVE LEFT

* Here are three screencaps of the "countdown".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-04-14-20h18m29s103.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	11913   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-04-14-20h19m04s177.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	11914   Click image for larger version

Name:	code1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	11915   Click image for larger version

Name:	code2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	11916   Click image for larger version

Name:	code3.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	11917  

Last edited by Ruly2; 04-14-2013 at 09:39 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 PM
I liked the viral video. Michael Shannon sounds awesome and he can play batshit crazy so hopefully he kills it.