Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 AM
Boycott Die Hard 5 IF PG-13

True DH fans who loathed the last one including me should NOT stand to see the once great adult R-rated franchise into family friendly/teen friendly PG-13, sure there can be enjoyable PG-13 action movies but PLEASE Hollywood leave our adult R-rated franchises alone. This hideous practice has been done on Robocop (with Robocop 3), Alien/Predator franchise (AVP) and Terminator with Terminator Salvation.

Audiences are getting smarter as they are against PG-13ing of R-rated franchises as last year they boycotted both Fox and Lionsgate after both Expandables 2 and Prometheus were threatened to be neutered with a PG-13 rating and both studios DID listened as we finally got R-ratings and they were successful, see Hollywood adults are smarter than you studios especially when the Total Recall PG-13 remake bombed.

Start an Email campaign to Fox to make sure this new one gets an R-rated as the franchise always been intended.

Here are links:
20th Century Fox's Email: Foxmovies@Fox.com
Fox's Twitter: https://twitter.com/20thcenturyfox
Fox's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FoxMovies
Vice President's email even with phone number: http://www.newscorp.com/management/20home.html

Now do your email in a nice gentle way of asking to have Die Hard 5 as an R-rated movie since the movie is not yet rated as it would be nice to have them go back to the R-rated formula instead of a PG-13 cut as it doesn't fit in with a successful R-rated adult franchise like Die Hard and it's not for children/teens as they should learn that teens grow up and when they are FINALLY old enough to watch the original trilogy plus with an R-rated new installment, they'll be glad the studio didn't dumb it down.

Fans of the R-rated DH movies should do this to save DH from being another sellout sequel that panders to kids/teens, it worked for Prometheus and Expandables and it should work for this.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM

Yeah let's all write to Fox and if it works then we'll complain how all the exploding heads are obvious CGI.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herald View Post
Yeah let's all write to Fox and if it works then we'll complain how all the exploding heads are obvious CGI.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM
We need more mature entertainment, not the kiddy fluff. For example, they should think about doing a Rated R Wolverine film. They might do it after rebooting, perhaps in 5 years. I can totally see them rebooting Wolverine. But, I doubt they will do Rated R. I'd like to see him decapitate a few people. I want to see him lose a whole section of his arm and face...and have it regrow. I want to see him slice off people's arms and legs.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 PM
They'll probably just release an unrated Blu-Ray of the film, but okay.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
It seems really, really silly to boycott the movie if it receives lower than an "R." I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a bunch of fun and a really great movie and I didn't care that it was PG-13. Sure, it would've been nice to hear a "Yippi-Ki-Yay Mother Fucker" but I'm not going to sulk over it. As long as A Good Day to Die Hard is a fun blast, I really could give a rats ass less if it was PG-13.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-dae-su View Post
It seems really, really silly to boycott the movie if it receives lower than an "R." I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a bunch of fun and a really great movie and I didn't care that it was PG-13. Sure, it would've been nice to hear a "Yippi-Ki-Yay Mother Fucker" but I'm not going to sulk over it. As long as A Good Day to Die Hard is a fun blast, I really could give a rats ass less if it was PG-13.
I agree. While I didn't feel like Live Free or Die Hard was a proper Die Hard movie, it still was pretty entertaining. What I don't get is why they didn't go for the full catchphrase; aren't PG-13s allowed one or two f-bombs?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 AM
I am a true Die Hard fan and I say so what. I liked the last one. Is it on par with the first 2? No, but still enjoyable. This one has ugly written all over it and no matter what rating, I am going to see it and it is still probably not going to be all that good, but enjoyable enough to watch.

Boycotting over a rating is silly to me. Enjoy yourself.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I will see A Good Day to Die even if it is PG-13. Will I be disappointed if it is PG-13? Yes, just like I was with Live Free or Die Hard. But Live Free or Die Hard was still awesome. And this one is directed by John Moore, who I know I lot of people don't like, but I've always found him to be underrated. He may be no master filmmaker or artist. He'll never be a Scorsese or a Spielberg. But he's a perfectly reliably solid filmmaker who has made solid entertainments like Behind Enemy Lines and I thought Max Payne was freaking great.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I'll take Live Free Or Die Hard PG-13 cut over Die Hard 2 any day. I've always felt DH2 was a massive disappointment. It's a remake of the first one with cheesier jokes, cheesier characters and lamer villains. I mean, it's too much like the first film for it's own good! Die Hard With A Vengeance is as good as the first film and deserves to be treated as such. Live Free may have been OTT, but it was well shot, fun and did a good job of pushing McClane into the now.
I'll be slightly miffed if this gets a PG-13, but it won't be a death sentence imo. The action looks appropriately gritty and McClane seems to be his wise-cracking self. This could be a worthy entry in the series.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I love Die Hard 2 almost as much as the first one. The third film, I thought, was solid but not great. I think after a terrific first 30 to 40 minutes, the pacing slows down and the movie kind of ebbs and flows. Still, Jeremy Irons was a great villain and Willis and Jackson were a great team.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 AM
No more sellout PG-13 sequels and studios did learned this when Fox went back to the R-rated formula for Predator and Alien with prometheus and Predators which i praise both for going back to the R-rated formula and i can't wait for Terminator 5 which will go back to the honest to god R-rating as the franchise intended.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 PM
The 5th one actually (dare I say it) looks like a lot of fun. I like the actor that was cast as his son and the action looks pretty insane.

Sure, we'll probably not hear McClaine cussing up a storm and saying "Yippee Kiyay Motherfucker" but oh well it looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not boycotting a movie over a rating. While the 4th DH movie didn't live up to the first three, I still enjoyed it - it was a fun movie. And I thought how they covered up the "Yippee kay ay mother fucker" was clever. Plus, the non-rated version on DVD put it back in its full awesome glory. I would prefer the movie(s) be R-rated, but it's not a necessity for me.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
If it's PG-13, I will just illegally download it. So yeah, I guess I will boycott it. Though the 4th one wasn't that bad, this PG-13 trend has got to stop.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Geez l cant wait to see this one
I have seen all the others and enjoyed it so this being the 5th well it looks action packed so yes l will be linig up at the theatre
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
well i'm just gonna wait for a dvd release ... because it will have more cursing , violence and blood than the theatrical release.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Well in everyone boycotted Die Hard it could mean that they'll only be missing out on a possibly very entertaining film, while sticking a fork in the franchise altogether. It's not like they'll see low returns at the box office, and give you the R rated film that you want. They'll just assume there's no more interest and that will be the end of it.

Truth is it looks like any other Bruce Willis movie. Take out the name John McClain, take away the Yippy ki ay, and it's just another generic action movie that could have been called anything.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
well i'm just gonna wait for a dvd release ... because it will have more cursing , violence and blood than the theatrical release.
Well that is true

Plus you get certain features too which a not inclued in the theatrical release
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
I'm not boycotting a movie over a rating. While the 4th DH movie didn't live up to the first three, I still enjoyed it - it was a fun movie. And I thought how they covered up the "Yippee kay ay mother fucker" was clever. Plus, the non-rated version on DVD put it back in its full awesome glory. I would prefer the movie(s) be R-rated, but it's not a necessity for me.
spot on!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:36 PM
But all that does is defeat the purpose of the theatrical experience.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Well l have to agree that the cinema experiece is better than watching it at home and plus it is a nice night out
on the town
One thing l have to say is l hate it when cricics say a movie is crap and well you go and see it and it is good

Sometimes l feel you have to go under your own judgement
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I almost always go under my own judgement. I also use criticker.com to predict what I will most likely rate it. It's usually not far off.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Well if we all went under waht the critics say about a movie half of the time you wouldnt go

I know that new movie with Russell Crow and Hugh jackman was rubbished a little but alot of people who wet to see the musical have said it was good plus a little sad
The movie l am refering to is Les Miseralbles
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Or you can just boycott because why does there need to be a fifth installment to begin with?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Well that is true

I feel sometimes that there are way to many sequels to diffrent movies and as you go along you donr want to see anymore

I know when they brought out Friday the 13th the first movie was great but then we had so many movies of this that in the end you lose interest
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm not excited for this movie, but for those who are, I just read that it has been given an R rating.

http://collider.com/die-hard-5-rated-r/223597/
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Couldn't be more pleased about the R rating! Yippie-kiyay motherfuckers!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 AM
If the movie sucks, it will suck even it's rated R.

If it's a great movie, it can still be great if it's PG-13.

Plus the yippy cay yay shit has gotten old. I don't care if McClane never says it again.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 AM
2013 is the return of old school R rated action flicks with The Last Stand, Parker, Bullet to the Head, A Good Day to Die Hard and hopefully The Tomb as well.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
FINALLY! I want to shake hands with Fox executives and give their female employees a kiss on the cheek, they brought the R-rated formula back to the franchise.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemovies View Post
2013 is the return of old school R rated action flicks with The Last Stand, Parker, Bullet to the Head, A Good Day to Die Hard and hopefully The Tomb as well.
Yeah I plan on seeing all of those in theaters. They all look like a lot of fun
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
according to the MPAA - This movie is Rated R for language & violence
Die Hard with a Vengeance was rated R for strong violence & pervasive language
sorry folks, this is not gonna be the Die Hard we grew up with. I'm guessing they shot it going for a PG-13 and just accepted the R

It's not just about whether he says yippie ki ya mother#@(*#
They set up a character with the first 3 movies & that character curses alot, having him change how he speaks just makes him feel like a completely different character
Old 02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
At least 2013 should have been such a year. I fail to make sense of these movies making so little money. Saw "The Last Stand" and "Bullet to the Head," and they are decent movies. People should remember who Arnold Schwarzenegger is. Was it really badly marketed by Lionsgate? Or are they sick of his private affairs being dragged through the mud? After that, I could see "Bullet to the Head" flopping as well, despite the success of "The Expendables 2." With that movie in mind, people should have been more eager to see these movies. I at least saw "The Last Stand" making $16 million on its first weekend, not a measly $6 and a little more money for "Bullet to the head" on its first weekend.

Speaking of "Parker," it looked like another Jason Statham movie we've already seen. By this stage in Schwarzenegger's career, he knew to try out comedies and shake things up.

My first thought on "The Last Stand" flopping was the Oscar season mentality, but that theory gets canceled out when considering a mediocre-looking PG-13 horror movie ("Mama") making $28 million. So, what else is it? Are people really sick of violent movies at the moment, because of the school shooting in December and similar incidents? Or is there some kind of conspiracy by the Government to limit the promos for rated-R action movies and make them flop, in the name of the gun control issue? Okay, that's not likely, but part of me has wondered. It could also be that today's audiences know Sly and Arnold have been doing this for 30+ years and think they're too old to keep popping up like this. Today's younger audience could be out of tune with these old-school stars. I find that difficult to believe with their movies out on DVD and Blu-Ray, but what else can it be?

Is this off-key from the issue of "A Good Day to Die Hard" and its eventual R rating? Well, I just hope it gathers the crowds it deserves, and also the crowds Schwarzenegger/Stallone should have inspired. If this movie also flops, I will officially be worried about the future of R-rated movies. There are fewer and fewer new movies to get excited about and we need some rated R action movies. I checked the released movies in 2011 and 2012, and I only saw 21 and 23 movies in the theater those years. Shows how out of tune I am with today's new crap.

Here's to "A Good Day to Die Hard." Will be seeing it, hoping to enjoy it, and praying it gets the business it deserves.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 02-06-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Nukem View Post
we need some rated R action movies.
Of course we do, thats why they make so much money!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Given a 12A- equivalent of PG-13- by the British censor. They have this to say:

Edit: nevermind it was pre cut by Fox. Die Hard kids edit for the UK.

Last edited by JCR; 02-11-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Saw this today and I feel obligated to give my two cents.

I really don't understand what the big deal is about a rating. So all this movie needs to be good is gore and cuss words? Trust me, it has bigger problems than just the rating.

The only traces of an R-rating I could find are that McClane does get to say the Yippie-Kay-Yay bit (uncut this time) and that the word "fuck" is used repeatedly. That's it. So whether it's rated R or PG-13 doesn't really matter.

McClane is still McClane (wisecracking and bitching about his bad luck), and he's still fun to watch, but, among other problems, this movie is criminally short (barely over 90 minutes), the villains are bland and boring, and so on.

Decent action, but forgettable, the whole thing is over in a blink. It's just a serviceable, disposable action movie, nothing more.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately, the movie was terrible. If Fox is trying to kill the franchise, I think they may just have gone and done exactly that. This is ALMOST Batman & Robin level bad.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately, the movie was terrible. If Fox is trying to kill the franchise, I think they may just have gone and done exactly that. This is ALMOST Batman & Robin level bad.
Just as bad, absolutely. Plus, they could've dropped the f-bomb 800 times in this, and it still would've sucked shit through a straw! Just because he can say "yippe-ki-yay-motherfucker" without a censored gun shot, does NOT make it a good movie!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Ya, the R rating helped this turd about....zero percent. The PG-13 cut of DH4 is a more of a Die Hard film than this.