Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Retro Duo on an HDTV?

Hello-

I hardly come in this forum, but I've been considering purchasing a retro-duo 3rd party system to play old-school NES/SNES games on.

However, I've done some googling and I've not found much on this..... But does anyone have one of these systems (or the original NES/SNES) hooked up to their HDTV at all?

If so, how does it look? I want to get one but I don't wanna hook it up to my HDTV, only to have it look like shit. Plus I don't particularly wanna go out and buy an old tube TV, but I may do it just so I can relive some nostalgia.

Anyway, anyone's help on this or tips or whatever would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't know what that system outputs specifically, but I can tell you that I have several non-HD systems hooked up, and I think they look fine. Sure, the pixels may be huge, depending on the size of your screen, but they are sharp as hell and very vibrant, even on just a standard RCA or coaxial hookup.

Now, if you have a TV that only has HDMI inputs, well, you might be fucked. Otherwise, I'm sure it will look fine. In fact, those old games will probably look better than you remember.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Thanks BadBird, appreciate your input. Thankfully my TV doesn't JUST have HDMI hookups only. So that will work for me!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Shoes on CHAIRS? Eek.
OK, I'm weird, I know.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Shoes on CHAIRS? Eek.
OK, I'm weird, I know.
Ha ha. I'd probably just vacuumed.