Old 06-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Sorry for being off-topic from Mad Men, but holy coincidence, Batman…

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postmaster General View Post
(says the guy who knows who Dixon Wilson is.)
I just started the 4th season of The Wire.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Late to the partay but I don't have cable over here so it was a wait for the blu ray to arrive.
I'll reduce all of my positive remarks to simply, "it was a great season".

In whole as a season

Favorite episodes
Commissions and Fees
The Suitcase
Shut the door have a seat
Nixon vs Kennedy
Far Away Places
Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 AM
I watched a few episodes of this show and I don't get the hype. It's kinda boring.
But I will say, Jon Hamm is perfect for this time era. I don't think they could have picked a better actor!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakandgeek View Post
I watched a few episodes of this show and I don't get the hype. It's kinda boring.
But I will say, Jon Hamm is perfect for this time era. I don't think they could have picked a better actor!
As I've mentioned elsewhere, the show does have an extremely dry tone that sort of keeps you at arm's length. I also find it ironic that, despite the show being called Mad MEN, I find the female characters far more interesting.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Seems every year they have to do a 'everyone on drugs' episode.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakandgeek View Post
Out of curiosity, did you start from the beginning? I mean, even if you do it will probably still seem pretty slow, but it's the only way to really get into this series and understand the characters' motivations/development.

After the first few episodes I was drawn more into the show and its characters. I like Jon Hamm's performance, even though his character is a real douche, and the female characters (as another poster mentioned) are often the more interesting: Joan, Peggy, Megan, Betty, and even Draper's daughter.

I still really enjoy the show in its current season and look forward to seeing the path it takes.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:31 AM
Spoiler:

That was some sexy shit Peggy pulled,she got Stan heated up,he unloaded his baby batter in her
came to his senses and ran back to his wife and family.
I guess Joan is ok with just having a buddy and not getting laid.
Don received and intervention and a lay off at the same time,but his confession about his past
during the meeting was one of the best moments in Mad Men history.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 AM
I started watching this on Netflix and, to be honest, all of the relationship stuff brings it down. So boring. The office scenes and the parts with guys hanging out chasing women were entertaining, but the relationship stuff was boring.