Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > The TV Forum
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Amaaaaaazingly Rad!

Ok. I tend to over hype things sometimes but I jut randomly discovered this show on netflix instawatch and with each episode I can't believe its not more widely know. Its like the movies The Stoned Age and Evil Dead had a glorious TV baby in Canada. It starts off aight but by episode 7 (where I'm at now) its crept its way into my horror loving heart as maybe one of the best finds I've found in a long time. Its a lot of smart then what it first appears to be. So schmoeskies if you have netflix fire it up. You wont regret it.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:07 AM

Holy shit, thank you for recommending this! I just watched both seasons and loved every second of it. It was like Buffy The Vampire Slayer as directed by classic Sam Raimi and written by classic Kevin Smith.

I can't believe Canadian TV allowed this show to get away with so much profanity, gore, and even a giant penis monster. I wish US TV had balls like that.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM
That was a really good way to describe this show. It deserves to be seen by more people and not be buried in obscurity because it does have that "I know what the hell I'm doing when making this" vibe like the classic Raimi/Smith stuff. Its got style and its more clever then at first glance
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Its on Netflix so I'll definitely check it out.