Old 11-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Most illogical decision

Do you remember any blatantly retarded fucking moves characters in movies may have made? The one that sticks out in my head was the brother and sister in Jeepers Creepers and their obsession with the phone. The guy even makes fun of the whole idea but yet they keep trying to find "that phone!".And how he went back to look in the tunnell because "someone might have been alive". What was that shit? Anways let me know what's the dumbest shit you remember.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I've got may right now but my mind is a blank except for one.

Reservoir Dogs: during the scene in which Mr. Pink is escaping from the police he tries to hijack a woman's car and holds his gun to her head and tells her to get out she actually resists. WTF!? Bitch, he's gotta damn gun to your head and your trying to save your stupid car? Of course to be fair it's been awhile since I've seen it but That's what I remeber. I may be wrong. If so, I've got some others I'll share with you tommorow.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MacReady
I've got may right now but my mind is a blank except for one.

Reservoir Dogs: during the scene in which Mr. Pink is escaping from the police he tries to hijack a woman's car and holds his gun to her head and tells her to get out she actually resists. WTF!? Bitch, he's gotta damn gun to your head and your trying to save your stupid car? Of course to be fair it's been awhile since I've seen it but That's what I remeber. I may be wrong. If so, I've got some others I'll share with you tommorow.
Yeah what the fuck was that? I was glad when she got blown away.Natural selection
Old 11-06-2003, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blurofserenity
Yeah what the fuck was that? I was glad when she got blown away.Natural selection
What an ironic comment!
Old 11-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shakamaker
What an ironic comment!
How so....
if you're being patrionizing this could get ugly,fast
Old 11-06-2003, 11:22 PM
Quote:
How so....
if you're being patrionizing this could get ugly,fast
I think it was a compliment. It IS very ironic. Wouldn't natural selection have her die not at the hand of some sarcastic lowlife thief played by Steve Buscemi?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:26 PM
Oh haha sorry it was just one of those things that I thought "is he being smug and I'm missing it?". I was joking about the whole natural selection thing, but maybe it is? If she's that dumb then what good is she?
Old 11-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Phone Booth

After getting the threatening call from Kiefer Sutherland, Farrel hangs up the phone and goes about his business. But when it rings again, HE ANSWERS. If you're getting a really suspicious call like that, why anwer? Come to think of it, how's it even possible? Payphones don't recieve incoming calls
Old 11-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Oh haha sorry it was just one of those things that I thought "is he being smug and I'm missing it?". I was joking about the whole natural selection thing, but maybe it is? If she's that dumb then what good is she?
I wasn't being smug, mate. I also think your board name is brilliantly ironic.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:33 AM
I think we can look at all the mistakes made in horror movies as examples.... (***SPOILER ALERT***)

(and I know Scream covered some of these...)

Don't run upstairs!

If you see a weapon pick it up (bothered me that Jessica Biel in TCM didnt pick up the chainsaw when Leatherface dropped it - her friend Morgan wouldnt have died then

Don't stop right before you make it to safety - I Know What You Did Last Summer - Sarah Michelle Gellar was like three feet from safety but she had to look behind her.

Thats all I have now, but most movies a character makes some sort of mistake or illogical decision and pays for it
Old 11-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I think I can get more than last time.

Dreamcatcher:
1.When that guy who was lost in the forrest shows up he is shown to be clearly sick and in need of medical attention despite saying it's due to some bad berries (Jonesy even comments on how a lump in his stomach has gone to his chest and down to his belly in only a couple of hours. Why don't they call for an ambulance? even if it was a bad berry it might poisonous.

2.When that butt slug is stuck in the toilet Jonesy goes to get a weapon of some sort (can't remember) while Beaver stays and keeps sitting on the toilet so that the slug dosen't get out. He drops his toothpicks and despite having the alien that's banging on the seat from the other side he keeps trying to pick one up and leans over while the seat is unprotected! And this was just for toothpicks! I literally stared in incredible disbelief at the mind-numbing stupity on-screen.

Almost Famous*SPOILERS*)
When Russell gets back to Rolling Stones magazine with his article the band he did it on calls in and denies everything (even thought it's true). The editors are disapointed and walk away. Then Russell then address Ben (one of the editors). Ben looks at him with possible belief that he's telling the truth. Instead of saying that the band was lying he simply shuts up and let's Ben thinking that he made up his story. Apperently he prefered losing his job than having to speak.

Clerks and Chasing Amy:
Why did I pick two films? Simple: a re-ocurring pattern. Each film has an annoying friend with who a cap who makes life miserable for the main character. One internet reviewer best described folks like these as "Big Dumb Jerks". Why does anybody hang around these assholes? They do nothing but make life worse for you.

Rear Window*SPOILERS*)
At the end when Lars comes after Jeff in his appartment Jeff not only dosen't lock the door so that he can't get in he dosen't look for a blunt object. He instead uses the flash from a camera to defend himself which leads me to another question: why dosen't Lars block the light? He's blinded by it around three times. I would've closed mine after the second one.

I've got more, but I'm very tired right now after all that typing.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure that Almost Famous one was the kind of thing I had in mind...
Old 11-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Victim number 2 (I think her name was Pam) in the original TCM. She seems horrified, yet she lies there in the bloody bones for 4 minutes at least. Then instead of booking it, dumbly stumbles around until the overweight Leatherface is on her heels. Then the bitch started to run- too late for her.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure that Almost Famous one was the kind of thing I had in mind...
I think it's a dumb move on Russell's behalf. It bothered me the first time I saw it. I felt it qualified.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Every horror movie, especially ones involving haunted houses.

GET OUT, PEOPLE!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MacReady
Rear Window*SPOILERS*)
At the end when Lars comes after Jeff in his appartment Jeff not only dosen't lock the door so that he can't get in he dosen't look for a blunt object.
If I remember correctly, there were steps to the door. He would not have been able to get up those steps in his wheelchair. And as for the blunt object thing, do you really think someone in a wheelchair would be able to hit someone standing up, even if it was a bat or something like that? The guy is not a villain on a video game that just walks forward while you swing a bat.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface98.9
Come to think of it, how's it even possible? Payphones don't recieve incoming calls.
Yes they do actually. It's just that people don't normally call payphones.

Just thought I'd clear those up.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Nice subject

Valentine(SPOILERS)

After the gorgeous but stupid Marley Shelton character sees the note she wrote for Adam in the water next to Vaughn's severed head, she throws herself into his arms at the film's end after he kills Dorothy. Granted, he wasn't wearing that stupid cherub mask, but she should've still had her suspicions since her note to him was next to a severed head.
I won't even go into the fact that she doesn't call the police after seeing the head despite the fact that she has a cell phone with her.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(SPOILERS)

After Kirk & Pam arrive at Leatherface's home & Pam sits on the swing, Kirk knocks on the door countless times until he hears Leatherface making those squealing noises, prompting Kirk to go toward them, which leads to his head getting bashed in. What bothers me is how many times Kirk kept knocking on the door(I, myself, would've stopped & left after 2 or 3 times).
Old 11-07-2003, 03:50 PM

Any horror movie character who drops their weapon after "killing" the villain!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Slaughter Studios -

one of the female characters sees another one of them get brutally killed right in front of her. What does she do? Run, right? Nope, she walks slowly - TOWARDS the fucking killer!!! I was just thinking, WTF?

The Shaft -

people know that the elevator kills people. The building does have stairs. What do they keep taking to the top floor? What else but the KILLER ELEVATOR!!

That's all I can think of.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:07 PM
deleted

Last edited by Dimension; 07-16-2011 at 08:50 AM..
Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 PM
I believe it was in PUPPET MASTER II when, after one of the main characters died early from a puppet death. Do they report it to the authorities? Nah, they stick him in the freezer. Yeah, don't let the police solve a murder, just put Jeff next to the Fudgesicles until you figure out what the hell happened...
Old 11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Every teen slasher - if a psycho is killing a lot of people in your town, and in a dark, lonely night you hear a sound, don't you think it's a bit stupid to go semi-naked to find what the sound was, shouting "who's there"?

24, the series - Kim. Nuff' said.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM

Last edited by SS-Block; 03-31-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 AM
The two stupid kids in Jurrassic Park when they turned on the flashlight(when the T Rex was around)
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM
In Bruges -

Spoiler:
When Brendan Gleeson jumps down the building
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 AM
In Jingle All the Way- Jamie is chased by Sinbad, all the way up to death level heights at the top of a building. He falls almost to his death but is saved by his father as Turbo Man. Well then as Sinbad is getting taken in by the police he steps in and then HE GIVES HIM THE DOLL BECAUSE HE FEELS BAD. kid you were almost killed 2 minutes ago!

Silly to say this in this kind of film but I do think about this.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM
Prometheus has a few:

Spoiler:
Scientists take off their helmets on an alien spaceship with unknown life forms becuase 'the air is breathable'... what???

Two 'scientists' wander around a spaceship, shit-scared of their motion-sensors tripping out and detecting something moving. All of a sudden a hideous vagina cobra appears and they proceed to call it cute and try to pet it.

Thats all I remember for now, I'm sure there were more.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM
The otherwise great Giancarlo Giannini in HANNIBAL, not brandishing a pistola or bringing his own backup forces during his failed attempt to capture Lecter in Florence for a shady ransom! It was so obvious that Hannibal was onto Giancarlo's Det. Pazzi character from the get-go! His greed & avarice aside, a weapon should have been present in the foiled museum capture!