Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Best/Worst/Favorites/Etc..
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best Steve Minor Film?
Friday The 13th Part 2 2 13.33%
Friday The 13th Part III 3 20.00%
House 2 13.33%
Soul Man 0 0%
Warlock 2 13.33%
Forever Young 0 0%
My Father The Hero 1 6.67%
Big Bully 0 0%
Halloween H20 5 33.33%
Lake Placid 0 0%
Day Of The Dead 0 0%
Major Movie Star 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Favorite Steve Miner Film

The thread that included Raimi among other directors inspired me to ask about another horror director's works who's been involved since the beginning(he helped work on the original Last House On The Left after all).

What film directed by Steve Miner is the best? And why?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 PM
As much as I love the Friday The 13th movies he worked on(among the most frightening too) and how much fun House is(I still need to rewatch this), I gotta go with Warlock.

So many memorable scenes and definitely one of the better time travel flicks out there. A god vs. devil tale that even an atheist can enjoy.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
H20 got my vote. I also enjoyed Forever Young and Lake Placid.

As a kid I enjoyed My Father the Hero and Big Bully. Don't know if I would still like them now though since I haven't seen them since.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:24 PM
I voted House because I like the TV show more than any of these options
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I voted House because I like the TV show more than any of these options
And I voted for Warlock because I think the 1959 Western of the same name is superior to any of these movies.

House is actually pretty fun though. You can't go wrong with Norm from Cheers.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM
i voted for friday the 13th part 3
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
His television work is far superior to his movie work. He directed several episodes of Dawson's Creek, The Wonder Years and one episode each of Jake 2.0 and Karen Sisco, two terrific shows that sadly only lasted one season.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athf1980 View Post
i voted for friday the 13th part 3
This probably would have been my 2nd pick. At it's scariest, it's unbeatable on the scary scale with all the other F13th's(though Pt.2 and the last half hour of Pt. 1 come close).
Old 02-15-2013, 07:49 PM
HALLOWEEN: H2O
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio141 View Post
HALLOWEEN: H2O
Thanks for being one of the very few who didn't shit on this thread.

Is what I get for making a thread about a non-pretentious director.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guiltless View Post
Thanks for being one of the very few who didn't shit on this thread.

Is what I get for making a thread about a non-pretentious director.
I'm not a thread-basher HaHaHa! H2O is one of the best horror sequels ever, and Parts 2 & 3 of F13 were solid as well, FOREVER YOUNG was okay. Jamie Lee Curtis personally sought out Miner to direct H2O when John Carpenter expressed his disinterest in revisiting his filmmaking past...while neither of them are in the same league as Hitchcock (despite fans constantly comparing Carpenter & Brian DePalma's work to Hitch's...HALLOWEEN & CARRIE are as close as they'll ever get!). I've been criticized in the past for creating BEST OF threads honoring obscure, underrated actors so you're not alone on this one dude!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 PM
I would say Halloween H20. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember it being a pretty effective horror film. It's certainly the best of the Halloween sequels, by a long shot.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Friday 2 and 3 are awesome sequels. 3 Being my favorite sequel.

H20 gets A LOT of flack from the fans but it's the only sequel after 2 that is any good.

Lake Placid is funny as hell.

If you can forgive the absurdity of Day of the Dead, and forget it's called Day of the Dead, it's a fun, over the top time waster.