Old 10-15-2012, 01:18 AM

Two more wins to go and the Tigers are back in the World Series!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post

Two more wins to go and the Tigers are back in the World Series!

Tigers also have Verlander going 2 more times in this series (if necessary). CC's Pizza is a good pitcher but not at that level.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne101 View Post
Phillies fans throw batteries at players, so...
Quote:
And Tigers fans post pictures of a player on the opposing team with a broken ankle, in a strange attempt at bragging that Detroit is up 2-0. Classy.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Absolutely classy. My hatred for the Yankees knows NO bounds sir!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
3-0. Yankee bats have disappeared this postseason.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 PM
The yankees have done this all year. They dont hit at all with men in scoring position and dont hit homeruns off good pitchers. I am not surprised by any of this. Swisher needed to go two years ago. A nice player, but honestly we can put out most anyone and get numbers like his. He does not hit at all in the post season again. ARod needs to go. I am not going to pile on him, because I think he is still hurt, but he needs to go for the goo do of the team. Money be damned. I also say to let Grandy play out next year and if he can't forget about just hitting home runs or Ks, he needs to go. They should also move the left field fence out. I know it will be a huge expense, but too many players are just going to HRs to left and killed their games. In the long run, they will have more success if they more the fence. For the third year in a row, the problem is not the pitching. It is the hitting.

Soriano they are going to have to over pay to keep him unless they get the guy from miami for arod.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Got damned rain delay. Just prolonging the inevitable. The Yankees will NOT be going to the World Series this year, NY fans (what few of you there apparently seem to be left here, at least this year)!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Bye-Bye motherfuckin' Yankees!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM
In before... oops too late.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 PM
The Yankees are like UCLA men's basketball at this point. The primary period of dominance is over and everyone else has caught up.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:48 AM
I don't give a fuck HOW many rings they've got. Their asses got SWEPT this year, and that's all I'm concerned about right now.

Last edited by jaw2929; 10-19-2012 at 01:52 AM..
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 AM
It's looking like a '06 rematch, barring a Cardinal meltdown... and, let's face it -- that team just does NOT collapse in the playoffs.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
I don't give a fuck HOW many rings they've got. Their asses got SWEPT this year, and that's all I'm concerned about right now.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Again if you think Arod was the problem...

Chavez 0-8 (.000)
Gardner 0-8 (.000)
Granderson 0-11 (.000)
Cano 1-18 (.056)
Martin 2-14 (.143)
Teixeira 3-15 (.200)

Also how pathetic is this...

On the front page! Really? I mean... REALLY??? Talk about a bunch of spoiled sports journalists.

lol @ blaming booing for the losses. I mean all of this is embarrassing for the sport let alone the Yankees.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
Again if you think Arod was the problem...
No one said A-Rod was the sole problem. He didn't even play, so clearly he wasn't the sole problem. You're not stating anything that isn't obvious.

Quote:
Also how pathetic is this...

On the front page! Really? I mean... REALLY??? Talk about a bunch of spoiled sports journalists.
Lighten up. It's just the relationship the Yankees have with the media. You act like it's something new. It's just entertainment. Maybe when whoever you are a fan of loses, the media throws one of these on the front page

but in bigger markets it's a different environment. The razzing just gets more people to read papers and sets up off-season buzz.

Quote:
lol @ blaming booing for the losses. I mean all of this is embarrassing for the sport let alone the Yankees.
I don't think (based on what I've read) anyone blamed the booing for getting swept. I'm pretty sure Swisher just said he didn't think that getting booed was helping anything.

But yeah, it's all pathetic and embarrassing and everyone is awesome except the Yankees and all that. The Yankees went into the series cold, and never got hot. Shit happens. If anything was embarrasing in that series it was Miguel Cabrera crying like a school girl after Leyland showed a little faith in his closer.

Last edited by Bourne101; 10-19-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Old 10-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Plenty of people are pointing out how much Arod is making and the non-impact he's had in these playoffs. He's the big name on the roster and has been getting all the attention. All I'm saying its over the top and I'm not saying this is something new either but it is getting worse and more ridiculous.

Something the Yankees need to address is their spending habits.

Teams have spent like the Yankees, but never on a year to year basis...they always eventually come to their senses but the Yankees just keep pushing it and pushing it.

You'd have to think at this point they need to recognize they can't keep operating like this....putting a guy with a 20 million per, long term deal at every other position. It is a horrible model it gives you no flexibility. They are pretty much locked into these guys and they can't afford to blow it up. Not with the ridiculous expectations and prices they charge.

I do see some tough times ahead for the Yankees, especially if the Sox and Jays can improve. They are just flat out too old, ones of these years the bottom is going to fall totally out on this thing and it's really going to get ugly.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Something the Yankees need to address is their spending habits.

Teams have spent like the Yankees, but never on a year to year basis...they always eventually come to their senses but the Yankees just keep pushing it and pushing it.

You'd have to think at this point they need to recognize they can't keep operating like this....putting a guy with a 20 million per, long term deal at every other position. It is a horrible model it gives you no flexibility. They are pretty much locked into these guys and they can't afford to blow it up. Not with the ridiculous expectations and prices they charge.
Oh, I certainly agree with this. You're preaching to the choir. It's very telling when the guys hitting best for you during the season (Jeter, Cano) are guys that came up through the system and the guys hitting worst are those that you paid an incredible amount of money for.

However, they have a lot of guys going up for free agency (Martin, Granderson, Swisher, Suzuki, Kuroda), so there is some room there to give some young guys a chance or make a reasonable deal for someone else on the market. I don't see them making a huge deal this summer. Also, while some think that no team will take A-Rod, I wouldn't be surprised if someone took him in a trade. The Yankees might have to eat up some of his contract, but I imagine he will be traded. It's either that or Girardi goes, which seems silly after he led them to the best record in the AL in a season plagued with injuries.

Quote:
I do see some tough times ahead for the Yankees, especially if the Sox and Jays can improve. They are just flat out too old, ones of these years the bottom is going to fall totally out on this thing and it's really going to get ugly.
I honestly think it would be good for them to have a down year. Not just to put them in their place or something, but to give some young guys a legitimate chance of getting in a rhythm and not having to worry about getting sent down after making one mistake.

We shall see.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:55 PM

Damn, some pitchers just get a bad reputation.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Reyes, Josh Johnson, Buerhle, Bonifacio and Buck and we give up Escobar, Hechavaria a backup catch in Mathis and prospects all I can say is HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!

On a side note as giddy as I am for this if I'm a Marlins fan right now I'm angry after tax dollars get spent to fund Jeffrai Loria's new stadium this is what he does the Marlins should either be contracted or take the ownership away from him
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Reyes, Josh Johnson, Buerhle, Bonifacio and Buck and we give up Escobar, Hechavaria a backup catch in Mathis and prospects all I can say is HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!

On a side note as giddy as I am for this if I'm a Marlins fan right now I'm angry after tax dollars get spent to fund Jeffrai Loria's new stadium this is what he does the Marlins should either be contracted or take the ownership away from him
Yep those 12 Marlins fans are gonna be pissed. But yeah if your a tax payer down in Miami you're basically not happy right now also if you're Giancarlo Stanton...

Selig and Loria should be tossed into a volcano. Contract the Marlins and let the Rays move into their stadium.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Worst umpire called game of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR3eK5gCChM

Last edited by creekin111; 11-14-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I can totally see the Yankees going into a long decade long losing streak starting in 2014. If the young players they are banking on do not workout they are fucked.

The Tigers are going to be where the Yankees are today in 2-3 years.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
The Angels signed Hamilton. Not smart. In 3 or 4 years, this team will be where the Yankees are right now.

I am so proud of my Yankees for not over paying for players who are too old. The team needs to run through these old ass great players and re boot. I would be totally fine with a couple of bad seasons to rebuild as these aging vets retire. This is their last year to win a World Series and I hope they stay the course and do not mortgage the future for a year or two. They are not the Lakers Snap
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Minor rule change now the fake to 3rd throw to 1st is now a balk.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
RIP Stan Musial & Earl Weaver. Tough day for MLB.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM

Ahh, man. That gave me a chuckle. Good one.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Braves have arguably the best outfield in baseball (and they're all under 30) and have some serious pitchers. NL goes through them next year.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
The Nats look pretty good, though, too (assuming they're not going to sit Strasburg again at the end of the season). We'll see.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
A-Rod could miss entire season.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...r_brian_6.html

Only 5 more years to go!!!!!!

13:$28M, 14:$25M, 15:$21M, 16:$20M, 17:$20M
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
The longer the Yankee$ stubbornly continue to refuse to rebuild despite the fact that their core players are becoming increasingly fossil-like, the better, I say.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
The Yankees actually don't lose much with the signing of Youk:

Arod '11-12 = .801 OPS, 115 OPS+
Youkilis '11-'12 = .789 OPS, 111 OPS+

Plus he's about 4 years younger than Arod.

Last edited by creekin111; 01-25-2013 at 08:56 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Still, with a vastly improved Blue Jays roster and virtually the same lineups returning for both the Orioles and Rays as last year, the AL East is going to be even more cutthroat than usual this year... and I'm not sure if the Yank$ have done enough this offseason to say they'll definitely clinch a playoff spot.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
A-Rod took HGH and 'Roids thru 2012

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01...biggest-names/

Also:
Melky
Bartolo
A-Rod
Gio
Yasmani Grandal
Cesar Carrillo (one of SD's top pitching prospects)

Quote:
players named in Miami New Times piece can be suspended if allegations check out. positive test not needed to suspend.
~heyman
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/89...talian-sausage

Quote:
Getting their Italian sausage to go could land someone in trouble.

Police are investigating the theft of the $3,000 Italian Sausage costume that is used in the sausage races at Miller Park during Milwaukee Brewers games, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

The costume was in the backroom of the new Cedarburg, Wis., location of the Milwaukee Curling Club during a beer tasting and curling event Feb. 16. A witness saw someone leave in the costume around 7:45 p.m., and that's when the sausage story gets a little spicier.

Cedarburg police detective Jeff Vahsholtz told the Journal Sentinel that the sausage then went barhopping around town, appearing at two establishments and posing for pictures with patrons.

"We thought it was funny at the time," Vahsholtz said, according to the newspaper. "Now we're just hoping someone returns it."

Vahsholtz did not say whether the person who took the costume would face charges.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...ly-20k-minimum

Quote:
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Los Angeles Angels renewed the contract of AL Rookie of the Year Mike Trout for $510,000, prompting an angry response from the outfielder's agent.

Craig Landis said his client was disappointed with the decision announced Saturday. The salary is $20,000 above the major league minimum.

"During the process, on behalf of Mike, I asked only that the Angels compensate Mike fairly for his historic 2012 season, given his service time," Landis said in a statement. "In my opinion, this contract falls well short of a 'fair' contract and I have voiced this to the Angels throughout the process. Nonetheless, the renewal of Mike's contract will put an end (to) this discussion."

Trout has one year, 70 days of major league service and is likely to be eligible for arbitration after the 2014 season and for free agency after the 2017 World Series. Teams can renew the contracts of unsigned players on their 40-man rosters from March 2-11

"Mike, himself, does not wish to comment on this matter," Landis said. "As when he learned he would not be the team's primary center fielder for the upcoming season, Mike will put the disappointment behind him and focus on helping the Angels reach their goal of winning the 2013 World Series."

Speedy Peter Bourjos is set to be the Angels' primary center fielder, flanked by Trout in left and 2010 AL MVP Josh Hamilton in right.

Trout said he wouldn't focus on off-the-field issues.

"You could easily put yourself in a bad mood about it, but that's not me," Trout said Thursday, according to the Los Angeles Times. "I like to play baseball. I'm going to try to win a World Series for the team and not worry about off-the-field things."

Trout had a $482,500 salary last year when he finished second to Detroit's Miguel Cabrera in AL MVP voting. Trout hit .326 with 30 homers and 83 RBIs, and led the majors with 129 runs and 49 steals.
It is real simple.
Players get fucked until they reach arbitration.
Then they get fair for the team and player contracts until they reach or when ever they reach free agency.
Then they usually make out way, way out better in free agency and the team gets fucked.
If they arer still playing, it is a total crap shoot and everyone is either happy or fucked.

They should not change the whole system, because there is a rare case here and there when someone does something like Trout did. Overall, players do much better playing baseball than any other sport and the teams usually get fucked. Let's see if the agent agrees players should give back money if they suck or are injured or just A Rod.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.archpaper.com/news/articles.asp?id=6563
Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 PM
It's almost here.

Division Winner Predictions:

AL East: Rays
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Angels
NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Reds
NL West: Giants

Not going with the Jays for the east. It's a very top-heavy line-up, they have guys prone to injury, their rotation is improved but still not great, and their bullpen isn't all that good. I guess I'm going with the Rays, but I would also keep my eye on Baltimore.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Found another pic of NYS during the day in the postseason...

... Oh wait, it was just opening day this year with a little bit of drizzle and some wind blowing. Not like any Yankee fans ever go out and watch a NFL game in the middle of January.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Let's give a little context for that photo shall we? Down 8-2, bottom of the 9th, rain getting progressively heavier, Lyle Overbay at bat and Francisco Cervelli on deck. You can't really blame people for leaving under those circumstances (though I probably would have stayed). It was a sell out otherwise. Plus, people had to quickly take the D train back to Manhattan to watch the Rangers pound the Jets.

Anyone actually want to talk baseball or am I stuck here with fucking Bill Huggins?

Last edited by Bourne101; 04-01-2013 at 09:48 PM..