Old 12-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Really enjoyed the Ziggler/Sheamus match on Smackdown the other night, despite the ending.

Also Dean Ambrose is going to be MONEY. Mark my words, that man is a future Champion. Check out some of his promo's as Jon Moxley from the Indie scene on YouTube. Golden!
Thought I recognized him, and the other one who WAS Tyler Black and tagged with Jimmy Jacobs in ROH?
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post
Thought I recognized him, and the other one who WAS Tyler Black and tagged with Jimmy Jacobs in ROH?
You've got it! Seth Rollins is Tyler Black. Former ROH World Champion. Bland as all hell, just like Reigns.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
You've got it! Seth Rollins is Tyler Black. Former ROH World Champion. Bland as all hell, just like Reigns.
You used the right word. Bland.
Why do I give a crap about three guys from a developmental league dressing in black and attacking wrestlers in the main federation?
WHERE THE F*** IS THE SECURITY?!
I know this is all storyline but seriously, suspending disbelief takes a powder when you break standard rules.
So these three nimitzs can just wander into a wrestling ring and the fans can't? Shouldn't "WWE security" at least be TRYING to stop them?

Actual excerpt from one of their manifestos:

"We are the Shield. No connection to the old TV show on cable or the defensive government organization from the Avengers movie. Or a mix of both. Not at all. We're deep and moody. Can't you tell from the way we stare at our victims after we attack them? We are NOT NWOexusCorre! We are...what are we again? Protective cup? Condom? Are we at least ribbed for her pleasure? That's what SHE said! Oh man, we're funny too. How can this not go over big?" - The Shield.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
So, I haven't watched RAW in ages. And I quickly remembered why.
Because I'm stuck at home recovering from surgery, I recorded last night's show and just watched it...in about 25 minutes.
"Feed...me....more!" ???
More like....
"D....V.....R....!!!"

The ONLY thing I miss about the WWE is CM Punk, so I really enjoyed it when he schooled the Miz. The bit about he wished we all had concussions so we could forget about WM 27 had me rolling. Love you Punk!!

And speaking of the Miz...
Does he really know what "must see" means? Or even "awesome"?!
Forget the WWE Encyclopedia, somebody get that man a fucking dictionary!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
So, I haven't watched RAW in ages. And I quickly remembered why.
Because I'm stuck at home recovering from surgery, I recorded last night's show and just watched it...in about 25 minutes.
"Feed...me....more!" ???
More like....
"D....V.....R....!!!"

The ONLY thing I miss about the WWE is CM Punk, so I really enjoyed it when he schooled the Miz. The bit about he wished we all had concussions so we could forget about WM 27 had me rolling. Love you Punk!!

And speaking of the Miz...
Does he really know what "must see" means? Or even "awesome"?!
Forget the WWE Encyclopedia, somebody get that man a fucking dictionary!
Greetings, milord.
Speedy recovery, sir.

The product is overall sucky but the wrestlers are either trying with what they're given or putting on some good matches and Punk really is one of their best workers...and now he's out with the knee surgery...WHICH they said could've been brought on by that table that Roebuck put him through (he wasn't supposed to wrestle at all because of the knee. Thanks, Roebuck. You Mark Henry'd that one nicely)

So now we get Roebuck v.s. the Three Moody Guys in Black and the title is held up with Punk recuperating.

...when stuff like this goes down, isn't the champ supposed to vacate it?
Whahappen?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
...Khali is tag teaming with Hornswaggle.

How many guys are there on the roster? THAT is what they put on TV?!
These f*ck sticks wouldn't know "comedy" if it gave them a chair shot to the back. This isn't cute, funny, or entertaining in the least but I'll tell you what it is:
A waste.
Why have a developmental league if this is what's getting TV time?
I'd rather see the Shield, Barney Miller, Fish, the Wire and Oz rolled out of the developmental league and splashed on the "A-SHOW, JOSH! THE A SHOW!" than this ridiculousness.
These are the same morons that gave this guy an actual title.

Why not just make the ring bell an Intercontinental Champion? It goes with them to every country and it's about as believable and entertaining in a match as THAT is.

Its s*** like this that hollows out the credibility of this promotion being the best.
Suspending disbelief is suspending disbelief.
I can't tolerate ridiculousness.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
I can't tolerate ridiculousness.
I can't either. Which is part of why I decided to get rid of my cable TV. I've discovered the magic that is Netflix, and subsequently will be saving big money each month. Why pay $65/month for cable tv, when I can pay $8/month to stream Netflix?

Plus, I can still follow wrestling via Twitter and 411mania.com's wrestling news section. Will continue to buy any wrestling related DVD's that come out & look good as well. (Primarily ECW-related ones).

It's been about a week since I've done this, and admittedly (albeit a short period of time) I am not missing it at all.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
I can't either. Which is part of why I decided to get rid of my cable TV. I've discovered the magic that is Netflix, and subsequently will be saving big money each month. Why pay $65/month for cable tv, when I can pay $8/month to stream Netflix?

Plus, I can still follow wrestling via Twitter and 411mania.com's wrestling news section. Will continue to buy any wrestling related DVD's that come out & look good as well. (Primarily ECW-related ones).

It's been about a week since I've done this, and admittedly (albeit a short period of time) I am not missing it at all.
You are a braver man than I, dude. I need the idiot box squawking at me from time to time but soldier on.

QUESTION:

Punk's knee injury.
NOT THAT I WANT THIS but doesn't that mean a vacate of the title?
Usually, the champ would march out OR they'd make the announcement of a 30 man battle royal to decide the new champ.
Vas es los?
A knee ain't an easy thing to have surgery on and go back to hopping around on ESPECIALLY depending on how much you do on those knees.
I've had knee surgery and I'm not an athlete like this guy.

What gives?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
QUESTION:

Punk's knee injury.
NOT THAT I WANT THIS but doesn't that mean a vacate of the title?
Usually, the champ would march out OR they'd make the announcement of a 30 man battle royal to decide the new champ.
Vas es los?
A knee ain't an easy thing to have surgery on and go back to hopping around on ESPECIALLY depending on how much you do on those knees.
I've had knee surgery and I'm not an athlete like this guy.

What gives?
He's only out for a few weeks, and he'll be wrestling shortly after TLC despite having the PPV off. Hardly worth vacating it with his match with The Rock coming up, something they've been building toward since the summer.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syxxpac View Post
He's only out for a few weeks, and he'll be wrestling shortly after TLC despite having the PPV off. Hardly worth vacating it with his match with The Rock coming up, something they've been building toward since the summer.
Eh, all right.
If it's not that serious, then it's all good which IS good.

I still believe that Wrestlemania match is going to be Rock v.s. Punk v.s. Cena.
Just a feelin'.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Jackin the thread...with Rusty!

So what's wrong with the WWE you ask me?
Okay, let's look at last night's RAW just to get an idea.

The Slammys!

I have thought this was a stupid idea since it's inception. A mock Grammy for when they used to give them out for the music from the wrestlers ('member that?) to nowadays and the wonderful categories like "LOL Moment of the Year". Self fucking gratifying waste of TV time.
Impromptu matches with disgruntled stars.
The re-appearance of old favorites.
Ron Simmons degrading himself again (I NEVER thought that was funny. But hey, what do I know?)
Absolute bullshit.

But let me start centering my venom here cause I don't want this to run too long.

You (the WWE) invest your major TV time in a bunch of hotshotted developmental wrestlers when people like:

Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, even Randy Orton are being relegated to gimmick matches or looking like schnooks while Dean Amnose, the guy with the blond highlights and angry long black haired guy "run roughshot over the WWE".

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS?! It's as ridiculous as 3MB! Too small to be a stable, they're just three jerkoffs in a pitiful gimmick when they need to focus in more on the damned reason they're all there.

Titles. Isn't that why you wrestle? To be a champion of some sort? Is it for hashtags? Is it for stupid fucking WWE facts that are just skewed information trying to impress those gullible enough not to know better?

You want to make a better product? Dump the "easy heat" crap, reheated run ins from NWO like groups, and put people in the forefront that can carry the damned promotion!

AJ Lee, get off of my TV screen. She is fucking HORRIBLE. How much time have they spent on this broad that she can't wrestle, her promos are for shit but because she's pretty and she's "over" with the fans, she's in.

Roebuck. This is where we've arrived? Again, "over" with the crowd so here we go.

As bad as people hate Cena, is Roebuck better?
Cena may not have a bunch of flashy moves and he's been the poster boy for this thing with his rap persona-ish thing, but is he a clone of WCW wrestler from the 90's who did it better?

It's not going to get any better like this. It's just not.
The fans are the fans. Like what you want, but this is a slippery slope. Accept this and expect worse to come. But you asked for it.

Big E Livingston?
Did someone leave the door open at the developmental league? Is that why all of these guys are plopping out?
Check on that, please.

Rant over...jacked...
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I agree with most of what you said, Rusty, save for the AJ stuff. I love that crazy chick, and I think as far as the female roster they have now, that she can wrestle just fine. Compared to, say, Layla or Aksana? Yeah, I think I'll take the pixie, thanks. TNA has the better women's wrestlers, but AJ isn't the problem with the WWE's stock, IMO.

Now THIS...

Quote:
Did someone leave the door open at the developmental league? Is that why all of these guys are plopping out?
...THIS made me laugh my ass off. Something about the image of NXT guys being herded in some developmental pen like cattle is hilarious. Maybe because it's how upper management probably looks at the talent, not as living beings but as "product".

"Golly, Mr. McMahon! That sure is a choice cut of promo, ain't it?"
"YOUUUUUU'RE.... FIIRRRRRRED!!"
"... Where'd that come from?"

Last edited by syxxpac; 12-18-2012 at 10:07 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syxxpac View Post
I agree with most of what you said, Rusty, save for the AJ stuff. I love that crazy chick, and I think as far as the female roster they have now, that she can wrestle just fine. Compared to, say, Layla or Aksana? Yeah, I think I'll take the pixie, thanks. TNA has the better women's wrestlers, but AJ isn't the problem with the WWE's stock, IMO.

Now THIS...

...THIS made me laugh my ass off. Something about the image of NXT guys being herded in some developmental pen like cattle is hilarious. Maybe because it's how upper management probably looks at the talent, not as living beings but as "product".

"Golly, Mr. McMahon! That sure is a choice cut of promo, ain't it?"
"YOUUUUUU'RE.... FIIRRRRRRED!!"
"... Where'd that come from?"
She CAN wrestle better than more than half of the damned women's roster, which is sad. I just think she's horrible mic wise. Probably because they have her at the forefront.

They damned sure seem like cattle at this point.

The Shield: grazing cattle
Brad Maddox: milking cow
Roebuck: prime bovine material
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
This has been so heinous, I couldn't wait to post, so here we go.

Running over someone is not fucking funny.
If you know someone that's been run over, god forbid, and their life hangs in the balance, where is the humor?
And now it's Santa Claus?
The show that children are watching, the day before the event that signifies who he is and what he does and you do this?

You do a comedy bit on attempted vehicular manslaughter on a beloved holiday character?

Don't know that this product had taste anymore, but its certainly gone.
Morals? LONG gone and now...barren.

You can't justify this.
This is beyond insulting on SO many levels.
It stops being funny when it gets real and when someone is in critical condition in a time when there has been so much loss, this is unacceptable.

New low, WWE. You've sunk to it.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Agreed on all counts Rusty.

I may've said this before, but I've never been more serious than I am now:

I am completely done not only with the WWE but with Pro Wrestling in general. A love of mine since I was 6 years old, last night's show was the absolute final straw. I have gone back & forth on this (alternating between it & Boxing/MMA) over the past few years, and I've just had e-fucking-nough!

First the singing on the show where the entire roster is serenading all their fans? Why even TRY to suspend your disbelief? When Ziggler is being led into chorus by his "enemy" John Cena, what's the fucking point? Way to completely fucking expose the business & spit in the fans fucking faces!

But wait, they weren't DONE, were they? They have Del Rio HIT fucking Santa Claus in his car? I don't even LIKE X-Mas, but this? This is just dog-shit! Honestly! You're a PG product where your primary audience is CHILDREN and you HIT SANTA CLAUS WITH A CAR?!?!

Needless to say, I turned that fucking horse-shit off. I will never subject myself to having my intelligence shit on ever again! Fuck YOU Vince McMahon, you senile, out-of-touch, moronic fucking prick! And FUCK the entire roster for agreeing to participate not only in a holiday sing-a-long, but for continuing to work for such an unconscionable fucking prick in McMahon! FUCK the WWE & FUCK wrestling!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Since re-watching the WWE in 2008 and on, it has taken a while for it to lose me like it is threatening to do right now. Not a lot of shows on TV interest me, so wrestling on Mondays and Fridays again were a nice little something to look forward to. Seeing Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels and Triple H in 2008 was nice. Then, in 2009, I was finally in a position to see the pay-per-views (was unable to see them as a kid from 1999 to 2001).

I would say that the shows and PPVs in 2009 and 2010 were good to decent. A fair number of older wrestlers were still around. Randy Orton and Legacy in 2009 stood out, as did Nexus in 2010. Kane became WWE Champion in 2010, which I really wanted to see. Bret Hart returned in 2010, made amends with Shawn Michaels and got revenge on Vince McMahon. Batista ending his run with a brutal feud with John Cena. Sheamus, this machine who will destroy anything, including Triple H. Lost one match against Triple H, then completely took him out in another. Two memorable Wrestlemania matches with Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. And Jeff Hardy's presence before leaving the WWE especially. His Championship run he worked for so badly for and two matches against Matt Hardy. These, and other events I cannot recall made 2009/2010 good years. Sure, there was some crap, but there is always some crappy nonsense going on.

After that, what was there to enjoy in 2011 and 2012? In 2011, CM Punk opened his big mouth and started a revolution. He was begging to be taken seriously and become a long-term Champion. And also, Mark Henry got his own Championship run. Other than that, not much going on in 2011. Other than a great Wrestlesmania match between Triple H and Undertaker, as well as one more in 2012. And in 2012, we saw CM Punk experience his long-term championship, but it became sour in the last half of the year. What was interesting about CM Punk is gone. And what about Sheamus? The friendly one now isn't all bad, but I miss the old one who talked less and cut right to point. Seeing Kane return with a mask was great, but he has already been reduced to a cartoon once again. And where is Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and other old-school wrestlers (the nostalgia that makes it worth it)? Most of the new kids don't interest me, and I wish Dolph Ziggler had already cashed in his money in the bank and got his inevitable championship run over with. Can't stand him.

If not for something to watch on Mondays and Fridays, the WWE is starting to lose me and will be lucky to keep me as a viewer. Being able to see every PPV from 2009 to 2011 (and most of them in 2012) has been wonderful privelege I missed out while in school, but I don't know if I'll continue to pay for them.

Last edited by Duke Nukem; 12-25-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Haven't watched Raw in, I don't even know how long, but I felt the need to comment.

Am I the only one not okay with The Rock (inevitably) winning the title from Punk? For me, when a heel has this long ass title reign, making him an unstoppable force, you don't have him drop the belt right before "the grandest stage of them all" to a guy who isn't even employed by the company, is from an entirely different era, and won't even be around to defend it. And for what? So he can show up sporadically and then drop it to Cena in a repeat of a match at Wrestlemania that wasn't even all that memorable to begin with? Maybe some people enjoyed it, but I have a hard time remembering it.

For me, having someone have the belt this long is the perfect opportunity to push someone to the top by taking Punk down. Having someone older and not around do it seems a bit anti-climatic. Punk's reign is one of the few things the wwe has done right, and I'd like to see the end not be so nauseatingly predictable. Then again, I guess I'd take The Rock over Ryback.

Maybe I'm alone.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthunwinding View Post
Haven't watched Raw in, I don't even know how long, but I felt the need to comment.

Am I the only one not okay with The Rock (inevitably) winning the title from Punk? For me, when a heel has this long ass title reign, making him an unstoppable force, you don't have him drop the belt right before "the grandest stage of them all" to a guy who isn't even employed by the company, is from an entirely different era, and won't even be around to defend it. And for what? So he can show up sporadically and then drop it to Cena in a repeat of a match at Wrestlemania that wasn't even all that memorable to begin with? Maybe some people enjoyed it, but I have a hard time remembering it.

For me, having someone have the belt this long is the perfect opportunity to push someone to the top by taking Punk down. Having someone older and not around do it seems a bit anti-climatic. Punk's reign is one of the few things the wwe has done right, and I'd like to see the end not be so nauseatingly predictable. Then again, I guess I'd take The Rock over Ryback.

Maybe I'm alone.
I definitely don't think the Rock should hold a title.
I don't back "part time" wrestlers.
These wrestlers that are busting their assess night after night HAVE to wrestle but this guy films his horrible movies and gets to come through for a win off of what he USED to be?

I don't believe Roebuck should be champion though.
The whole "hotshot" thing bothers me as well.
Especially regarding his re-used character in particular.

Why not reinvent Jack Swagger as the Penultimate Combatant (the Ultimate Warrior) and give HIM the title? People liked the Warrior more anyway.

I shouldn't speak so loudly...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Good lord did Punk ever own the shit out of Rock tonight, especially with the lines about his "tired, lameass shtick" and the epic "Your arms are too short to box with God".

"Straight Edge scrotum"?
"Cookiepuss"?
"Punkeye The Crackhead"?

If Cena did any of those, the Internet would be all over him. Just flat out awful stuff from Rock tonight.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I was going to post almost the exact same thing. People complain about Cena's 2nd grade humor, but is The Rock really any better? His endless childish nicknames are one of the reasons I never "got" the rock. He was away for months and months, and the segment last night was the best he could come up with?

So glad there was at least one grown up in that promo. I absolutely loved "Your arms are too short to box with God," as well. So great. I love Punk, and even I underestimate how awesome he can be.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 PM
So, last night was the first RAW I've watched in 5+ years, easy. The National Championship game went south quickly, so I visited a childhood fave. Ryback/Punk was actually pretty damn entertaining. I especially enjoyed the "Goldberg" chants. I watched 3 or 4 of the matches and outside of the TLC, there weren't many memorable moments. My biggest takeaway, is when did the WWE start relying on run-in attacks so damn much? Of course I remember them from the Attitude Era, and NWO, but I think every match I watched last night had an outside party interfere, or the infamous ref gets knocked out. I also hate how many last second 3 counts get broken up nowadays. Finishers don't seem to be SHIT anymore.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 AM
The "Rock" Concert tomorrow on RAW or as I'll be referring to it from now on "Awww".

...why?
NEVER enjoyed this crap and it just strengthens my feeling that the Rock should be doing god awful Hasbro produced movies and leaving the wrestling to full time wrestlers.

Or what the WWE is doing right now.

Crap falling from the ceiling, guys in black walking around and either wasting TV time playing air guitar or requiring the trio to powerbomb other wrestlers while one of them spends WAY too much time with his face in his opponents crotch.

And don't forget hotshotted wrestlers with rehashed gimmicks that get over because they get squash matches and play to the crowd with annoying chants.

You know...that.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM
It was worse than I thought.

"Monday Night Awwww, the longest running excuse for a wrestling television show celebrated it's 2,000,000 episode (Nielsen infostat) by parading out Dwayne "The Part Time Rock" Johnson to serenade an electrified crowd on Monday, some needing actual electricity applied to their seats to get people to leap up and applaud.

The night was filled with the usual humdrum stuff.
TV matches with B level wrestlers, boring ass storylines featuring pixie like girls who are in a wrestling promotion and AREN'T WRESTLING and their proteges, a very talented wrestler doing "the job" to the uber-working man wrestler and his African American friend who apparently enjoys his name being abbreviated and his mic work as well.

The Miz and Ric Flair. Do I smell Nature Boy 2.0?
I do? Throw that out. It stinks. Should've refrigerated it.
Let it go.

But then we all had a side splitting good time as the Part Time Rock mugged to the crowd for what seemed forever (nah, maybe just forever and a day), playing a few cords on a guitar, and singing to resident punchline Vickie Guerrero in a lewd and insulting manner that the crowd just LOVED!

...where was the f***ing Shield during THIS abomination?
You didn't protect my ears and eyes from that, assholes!
Romney, Rainey, Doc, Dopey and Sleepy!
That is their line up, right?

And Punk comes out at Part Time Rock's request and the two brawl and OH so many refs and security advance to hold the wrestlers back! Don't give away for free what no one's been wanting to see for months, boys!

A letter to Dwayne Johnson.

Leave the wrestling to the guys that do it 300+ days a year. You don't deserve to step into a wrestling ring you exited to make horrible movies for (Faster was okay) and get a chance to win a title you don't really care about.
It's apparent that Big Show Paul Wight can't just go and do movies to make a living. "Knucklehead" kinda said it all. Ask Paul Levesque how his Hollywood career is doing. How many of us have Ted DiBiase's breakthrough performance in "The Marine 2: We Did This Sequel Why Now?" on Blu Ray? So these guys bust their asses night after night to attain a spot to wear a belt and get a check that won't come close to Tooth Fairy money, but it pays their bills.
And you want to take that away from those guys cause you're promoting one of your shitty films and you've got some down time?

Here's the Rundown, I think you're doing this for the wrong reasons and you suck for that. Whereas you were once Walking Tall, you tried to Be Cool and we were smelling the Doom you were cooking. Save all of your Southland Tales for your Gridiron Gang, pal.
Run with this Game Plan: Get Smart, do the job to Punk at the PPV and Race your ass Back To Witch Mountain OR Planet 51 before they get Dolph Ziggler for Tooth Fairy 3: All Up In Your Grill.
The Other Guys might accept this douchebaggery from you. Not me.
I've enjoyed wrestling from the days I watched with my mom but in recent years, stuff like this has tainted it. Badly.
Enjoy your Fast Five minutes of reheated fame, collect your check but leave the belt for those who NEED to wear it, Hollywood. Don't Journey 2 a Mysterious Island. Journey inside your head and see what I'm saying is right.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Yo Joe, jerkoff who helped crap on my childhood.

*drops the mic, walks away - NO pipebomb - Damon Wayans circa 1996*
Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Keeping the thread going, yes, sir.

Alberto Del Rio as a good guy. Glad to see it. I think it works and works well. It was quicker than a hiccup but I dig it and so do the fans apparently.

Everything else...well, Bob Backlund into the HOF.
I thought he already got one, what the hell took so long? You give a HOF ring to Pete Rose (they did, right?) before an actual wrestler like Bob Backlund?
Wha?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Keeping the thread going, yes, sir.

Alberto Del Rio as a good guy. Glad to see it. I think it works and works well. It was quicker than a hiccup but I dig it and so do the fans apparently.

Everything else...well, Bob Backlund into the HOF.
I thought he already got one, what the hell took so long? You give a HOF ring to Pete Rose (they did, right?) before an actual wrestler like Bob Backlund?
Wha?
ADR is a lot better as a face in my book. He didnt even have to change anything really
Old 01-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmushroom View Post
ADR is a lot better as a face in my book. He didnt even have to change anything really
Agreed. Just hope the E doesn't screw it up with this guy. They tend to do that in this company.

Something I didn't get to mention about Monday Night Awwwwww.
Anyone notice the Cookiepuss signs?

Cookie Monster, a cookie and a pussycat?

Are the fans really that f***ing stupid or is it an in joke?
Cause the Part Time Rock was referencing the Carvel ice cream cake in reference to Punk and his ice cream sandwich thing not too long ago.

If yes, can someone clue old Rusty in.
If no, holy crap. That's some serious stupid. Google, it tells all.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Dear god I am glad I didn't pay for the rumble.

John Cena wins? BIG SHOCK.
The Rock wins? EVEN BIGGER SHOCK.

Who would have thunk it?? Like, oh, my god. If I were seven this would be the greatest day of my life. Now I get to see a ONCE in a lifetime matchup at Wrestlemania!! Geeee. It's sad that I'm sitting there watching the Punk/Rock match, not even feeling the slightest bit of hope that the wwe might not be completely retarded.

If they wanted Cena/Rock, why not have Cena get thrown out of the rumble match, get super pissed, realizing he won't get his shot at the Rock, then do a run in and screw over the Rock causing him to lose. Then they can have a nasty no disqualification match at Mania, with Cena heel, and a lot of carnage.

Then we could get Punk and Taker in a streak vs. streak match. It's not my ideal, but it's better than this.

Oh, and Cena and Ryback as the final two? Jesus H. Christ...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
It was worse than I thought.

"Monday Night Awwww, the longest running excuse for a wrestling television show celebrated it's 2,000,000 episode (Nielsen infostat) by parading out Dwayne "The Part Time Rock" Johnson to serenade an electrified crowd on Monday, some needing actual electricity applied to their seats to get people to leap up and applaud.

The night was filled with the usual humdrum stuff.
TV matches with B level wrestlers, boring ass storylines featuring pixie like girls who are in a wrestling promotion and AREN'T WRESTLING and their proteges, a very talented wrestler doing "the job" to the uber-working man wrestler and his African American friend who apparently enjoys his name being abbreviated and his mic work as well.

The Miz and Ric Flair. Do I smell Nature Boy 2.0?
I do? Throw that out. It stinks. Should've refrigerated it.
Let it go.

But then we all had a side splitting good time as the Part Time Rock mugged to the crowd for what seemed forever (nah, maybe just forever and a day), playing a few cords on a guitar, and singing to resident punchline Vickie Guerrero in a lewd and insulting manner that the crowd just LOVED!

...where was the f***ing Shield during THIS abomination?
You didn't protect my ears and eyes from that, assholes!
Romney, Rainey, Doc, Dopey and Sleepy!
That is their line up, right?

And Punk comes out at Part Time Rock's request and the two brawl and OH so many refs and security advance to hold the wrestlers back! Don't give away for free what no one's been wanting to see for months, boys!

A letter to Dwayne Johnson.

Leave the wrestling to the guys that do it 300+ days a year. You don't deserve to step into a wrestling ring you exited to make horrible movies for (Faster was okay) and get a chance to win a title you don't really care about.
It's apparent that Big Show Paul Wight can't just go and do movies to make a living. "Knucklehead" kinda said it all. Ask Paul Levesque how his Hollywood career is doing. How many of us have Ted DiBiase's breakthrough performance in "The Marine 2: We Did This Sequel Why Now?" on Blu Ray? So these guys bust their asses night after night to attain a spot to wear a belt and get a check that won't come close to Tooth Fairy money, but it pays their bills.
And you want to take that away from those guys cause you're promoting one of your shitty films and you've got some down time?

Here's the Rundown, I think you're doing this for the wrong reasons and you suck for that. Whereas you were once Walking Tall, you tried to Be Cool and we were smelling the Doom you were cooking. Save all of your Southland Tales for your Gridiron Gang, pal.
Run with this Game Plan: Get Smart, do the job to Punk at the PPV and Race your ass Back To Witch Mountain OR Planet 51 before they get Dolph Ziggler for Tooth Fairy 3: All Up In Your Grill.
The Other Guys might accept this douchebaggery from you. Not me.
I've enjoyed wrestling from the days I watched with my mom but in recent years, stuff like this has tainted it. Badly.
Enjoy your Fast Five minutes of reheated fame, collect your check but leave the belt for those who NEED to wear it, Hollywood. Don't Journey 2 a Mysterious Island. Journey inside your head and see what I'm saying is right.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
Yo Joe, jerkoff who helped crap on my childhood.

*drops the mic, walks away - NO pipebomb - Damon Wayans circa 1996*

Truthfully, if these guys were doing a good job, they wouldn't need the Rock to sell tickets in the first place. Yes, that includes Punk.

They might bust there asses, but truth be told... Most of them don't have what it takes to be a big star. The WWE is lacking guys with interesting personalities. As solid as Ziggler is in the ring, as a character he is nothing to get interested in. That's a problem. That's why someone like John Morrison didn't make it. All the athletic ability you could ask for... But he was terrible on the mic. We should be asking why today's WWE guys can't cut it on the mic.

Does that mean I think it's great that Rock is going to have another title run? Of course not. What he should do is choose a young guy to help put over. If he was really interested in helping the WWE he would look to pass the torch to a younger guy. Let's face it, Punk's title run was running on fumes. So if they give Rocky the title and have him put over a younger guy, that would be great. Would you not agree that a win over Rocky would be great for a young wrestlers career? Is that not what WWE needs?

The problem is that is not going to happen. What is likely to happen is that Cena will end up with the belt again. The Rock's reign is going to be extremely short. The Rock winning the title really isn't the problem. Who else was a heel Punk going to lose the title to? Ryback? Who?

What we should be complaining about is that The Rock should be putting a young guy over instead of John Cena. That's the real issue.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 01-28-2013 at 03:33 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 11:57 AM
DDP released these photos today of how his work is going with Jake Roberts. I can't believe the difference! Just amazing.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2Dope View Post
DDP released these photos today of how his work is going with Jake Roberts. I can't believe the difference! Just amazing.

Definitely glad to see that. I hope he continues on that path to wellness.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Truthfully, if these guys were doing a good job, they wouldn't need the Rock to sell tickets in the first place. Yes, that includes Punk.

They might bust there asses, but truth be told... Most of them don't have what it takes to be a big star. The WWE is lacking guys with interesting personalities. As solid as Ziggler is in the ring, as a character he is nothing to get interested in. That's a problem. That's why someone like John Morrison didn't make it. All the athletic ability you could ask for... But he was terrible on the mic. We should be asking why today's WWE guys can't cut it on the mic.

Does that mean I think it's great that Rock is going to have another title run? Of course not. What he should do is choose a young guy to help put over. If he was really interested in helping the WWE he would look to pass the torch to a younger guy. Let's face it, Punk's title run was running on fumes. So if they give Rocky the title and have him put over a younger guy, that would be great. Would you not agree that a win over Rocky would be great for a young wrestlers career? Is that not what WWE needs?

The problem is that is not going to happen. What is likely to happen is that Cena will end up with the belt again. The Rock's reign is going to be extremely short. The Rock winning the title really isn't the problem. Who else was a heel Punk going to lose the title to? Ryback? Who?

What we should be complaining about is that The Rock should be putting a young guy over instead of John Cena. That's the real issue.
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the guy that they're using is making me ill doing it.
I would rather see Roebuck with the title right now. For me, it's an issue of time in and your career.
Dwayne Johnson is an actor and part time wrestler.
Nick Nemeth is a full time wrestler.
Ryan Reeves is a full time wrestler.
Both of them HAVE to wrestle to make a living.
Either of these men should've been put over other than Dwayne Johnson.
Dwayne Johnson can go home right now, not perform another hip toss and have big bank for starring in shitty movies.
Neither of those other guys can say the same.
You want to bring someone in to "spark" the WWE? My complaint is that it shouldn't be THAT guy.
Maybe it's a personal thing but I work hard and if some douchebag part timer came into my business to "spark" the company, he'd better keep his hand over his coffee cup.
All of the "boys in the back" must be REAL happy to see the Rock back. Less TV time for them, less of a chance for any of them to get the "hotshot" opportunity. Because it's more important to see this douche strumming a guitar and doing idiotic skits and mugging with the fans than...I don't know...developing the possible future talent?
Piss on Dwayne Johnson.
Why have a developmental league? Just bring this assclown back when he's not filming "GI JOE: The Rise of Points on the Back End" or "Faster and Furioser Than The Last Movie".
I'd say piss on Cena too but I can't be mad at the guy.
He tried the part time thing, burnt his hand on the proverbial hot pot several times and stopped going near the stove.

Sigh.
Where did the wrestling go?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but the guy that they're using is making me ill doing it.
I would rather see Roebuck with the title right now. For me, it's an issue of time in and your career.
Dwayne Johnson is an actor and part time wrestler.
Nick Nemeth is a full time wrestler.
Ryan Reeves is a full time wrestler.
Both of them HAVE to wrestle to make a living.
Either of these men should've been put over other than Dwayne Johnson.
Dwayne Johnson can go home right now, not perform another hip toss and have big bank for starring in shitty movies.
Neither of those other guys can say the same.
You want to bring someone in to "spark" the WWE? My complaint is that it shouldn't be THAT guy.
Maybe it's a personal thing but I work hard and if some douchebag part timer came into my business to "spark" the company, he'd better keep his hand over his coffee cup.
All of the "boys in the back" must be REAL happy to see the Rock back. Less TV time for them, less of a chance for any of them to get the "hotshot" opportunity. Because it's more important to see this douche strumming a guitar and doing idiotic skits and mugging with the fans than...I don't know...developing the possible future talent?
Piss on Dwayne Johnson.
Why have a developmental league? Just bring this assclown back when he's not filming "GI JOE: The Rise of Points on the Back End" or "Faster and Furioser Than The Last Movie".
I'd say piss on Cena too but I can't be mad at the guy.
He tried the part time thing, burnt his hand on the proverbial hot pot several times and stopped going near the stove.

Sigh.
Where did the wrestling go?
Ryback doesn't sell tickets. He is still getting Goldberg chants.

It's silly when people call these guys by there real names. It's silly when Punk does it, and it's silly when other fans do it. I thought the whole act was cute in 2011.

If WWE doesn't make money they will go out of business. That's the way it is. The mid carders only have a job in WWE if the money makers help boost the biz. WWE is in terrible shape right now. Some people might not like it, but people aren't going to come out to see Ryback and Dolph Ziggler at this point. It's just not going to happen right now. If they can't get over with the fans they don't deserve to have a job in WWE or they don't deserve to be put over the guys that do get over. If these guys want to be top guys just for their ability in the ring or whatever... Well, then they need to quit the entertainment biz and train to be in the UFC. WWE has always been an entertainment biz. Or has been for 30 years.

It makes logical sense for someone like Rock to comeback and put over young guys. He is the HOF, movie star and 8 time champion. Do you really think Bo Dallas beating Ryback would be a bigger deal than him beating the Rock for instance? Which do you think would be a bigger deal to the live audiences? I'm just using this as an example. The Rock should be that guy that puts over young talent. There isn't a guy in WWE that could change one of these guys careers more than the Rock. In other words, the Rock should be doing what Chris Jericho is doing.

I do think that Ziggler should probably walk out of WM with the belt. Either make it a three way with the Rock, Cena and Ziggler or allow Ziggler to cash in in the MITB on the Rock. It's time to see if Ziggler can carry the belt. They've put it off long enough. I honestly have some doubts because Ziggy is not the most interesting guy around. But he is great in the ring and it's time to see if he can carry the belt. If Ziggler can't take the ball and run with it until those circumstances he probably will not ever be able to do it.

WWE could have it both ways that way. Cena vs. the Rock would bring in the extra money and you can boost Ziggler as a heel. You couldn't do more Ziggler as heel than have him cash in on the Rock at Wrestlemania.

I understand why you feel the way you do, but idealism can be abit blinding at times. WWE is an entertainment biz. But they could have their cake and eat it too. If they would pull the trigger. They could have their big rematch, the hype and put Ziggler over at the same time. They could do it by turning that match into a 3 way at WM, or simply have Ziggler cash in on the Rock. The 3 way would make for a better match, but cashing in would be the best boost Ziggler could get as a heel. It would piss off the kids and the Rock marks.

Last edited by rocknblues81; 01-29-2013 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM
And then there was Lesnar...

Wait. If I broke my boss' hip, I wouldn't only be fired but no doubt arrested for assault.
Why do they do this stuff?
Austin doing it was the "everyman" striking back at "the man".
This is just a disgruntled employee doing the obviously impossible.
And Heyman? He's still employed because he got attacked.
Suspending disbelief, I know, but COME ON.

New Heyman stable? But put together with such thin threads of "are you serious".
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't mind a stable with Lesnar, Heyman, and Punk. Just as long as it resulted in a feud between Brock and Punk. I don't care how "small" people think CM Punk is, I'd like to see them go at it. I might tune in for that one.

I do find it funny how people in wrestling don't get fired simply because their boss was beaten up before the words could come out. You'd think they'd all learn from this and beat Vince up every week. No one would ever have to lose their job! Yeah, that angle has always been a bit strange.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
I would love to see a Brock vs Punk feud. It would be a great start if they go with an angle of Punk genuinely not being aware of what Heyman was doing with the Shield and Maddox. Maybe that's where they'll go for WM, but I was still holding out hope they would throw Punk in with Cena and Rock and make it a triple threat. I don't know; Cena vs. Rock 2 just sounds horribly boring to me (I'm sure I'm not alone). We all know Cena will win so Rock can start filming another movie. Throwing someone else in there will at least add a tiny bit of tension to the match.

Either way, I hope they stop trying to make Punk look like the weakest wrestler in the business who can't win a match unless all hell breaks loose and his opponents get royally screwed over. I get they that they want heat on him, but it's the same old shit every PPV since I started watching again occasionally.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Sadly, I think we are just going to get Cena/Rock 2. I'm guessing they're putting Punk against Taker, which would have been a lot better if CM Punk still had his title reign. But again, these are just my guesses. And I'm sure we'll get Brock Lesnar and Triple H at Wrestlemania, because Trips has absolutely nothing else to do.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 AM
The WWE Universe apparently wants to see Rock vs Cena 2.
Guess I'm on the outskirts of that universe.
My feelings on Dwayne Johnson are pretty clear. Yeah, he'll drop the title to Cena and go film "The Rundown 2: Run A Little Faster" but do we need to see this again? Personally speaking, I say thee nay.
There are SO many people on this roster, guys with mucho talent, mid level, and just making the cut that SHOULD get a chance at or should be wearing that belt and what do we get for the Grandest Stage of them All?
The Fruity Pebbles Spokesman and the Part Time Wrestler.
I like what they're doing with Del Rio, why not do something similar with the other damned title?
But no, here comes Wrestlemania. I ain't buying it so whatever. For those willing to drop $60 some odd dollars for mediocre nonsense, you're braver than I.

If they do have Brock against Punk, how do they explain Brock remaining employed and not being in jail after attacking the CEO of the company (my biggest bugaboo)?
Brock / Punk could be good, Punk seeing all of the crap Heyman was pulling and turning face again, Brock "I...must...crush you" Drago-ing his way in and then there's that. Yeah.

Undertaker? Punk vs Undertaker? Oy, I don't want that. Difference in size is an issue and while both guys are great workers, Mean Mark comes back to wrestler once a year like the Groundhog and he sees Punk? 6 more months of the Shield. If he DOESN'T see Punk, an early King of the Ring tournament!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't really remember a time when it was this obvious what the WWE was planning on doing so far ahead. We know Rock will beat Punk Sunday and then Cena will beat Rock at WM. It seems so painfully obvious it just can't be true. But it has to be. I'd be shocked if they did anything else.

Random observation as I'm watching RAW right now- why are Kahli, Hornswoggle, and that other chick employed? Poor Kahli looks like he can barely walk let alone wrestle. And the pairing with Hornswoggle is because... big guy small guy LOL!?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1132 View Post
I don't really remember a time when it was this obvious what the WWE was planning on doing so far ahead. We know Rock will beat Punk Sunday and then Cena will beat Rock at WM. It seems so painfully obvious it just can't be true. But it has to be. I'd be shocked if they did anything else.

Random observation as I'm watching RAW right now- why are Kahli, Hornswoggle, and that other chick employed? Poor Kahli looks like he can barely walk let alone wrestle. And the pairing with Hornswoggle is because... big guy small guy LOL!?
It's either Rock / Cena or Rock / Cena / Punk at Wrestlemania. Any way you look at it, the fans lose.
Because Cena won't lose another Wrestlemania.
At least Rock will be gone.
Then we'll have Ziggler / Cena for the title...sad...frowny face.

Anyone else getting tired of Big Show? I get it, big wrestler. You've held a whole bunch of titles, having him in the title picture is as exciting as Mark Henry and his Hall of Pans.

Unemployed, I don't think that's right course of action.
You give AJ a contract, she can't wrestle but you let go of Natalya who can because the Divas division is a joke?
They both get valet duty.
Khali is dealing with the "big man aches", I think. But I'm sure he loves what he does AND he needs the $$ so he continues on.
Hornswaggle? Yeah, send him on his way. The Oddities could've used a schlub like him. Too many years too late.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been tired of Big Show for years. They never know what to do with him so he goes back and forth between heel and face, and I honestly can never remember what he currently is.

I don't think this Wrestlemania can really be saved (I know, nothing has been officially announced). Unless maybe they hurried along the Lesnar/Punk feud and put it on the show, but that won't happen. I can't wait for when the Rock is gone so the WWE can stop pandering to him, and we can get matches that I actually give a shit about.