Old 02-02-2013, 01:51 AM
Ultraviolet: not what I thought it would be

I just recently set up my UV account after realizing many of my blus have this. I figure, it's free, why not. I have to say though it's not what I thought it would be, or as simple as I think it should be. I expected to register online, enter the codes, then download the UV app on my iPhone/iPad/TV and boom: good to go.

Nope. For some reason, UV decided they should give third party sites access to it, such as flixster and vudu. They don't even have their own app. So for something I 'own' and can watch anywhere/anytime/on anything, I have to do it thru a third rate rental site?

Does anybody else do this or pay much attention to it? I find that UV is a good idea, but poorly conceived and executed.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:28 AM
I bought The Campaign on Blu-Ray and one day, I wanted to watch it and play Halo. Since I bought the one disc Blu-Ray, there was no way to watch it on my laptop. I saw the UV code inside and thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out. I registered an account, activated the code and was able to watch it fluently. The service is nice and certainly a helluva lot better than digital copies but I don't really see this going anywhere. I'm not the type of person to watch movies on the go so I can't see myself in public watching bits of a movie. If I'm at home, unless I want to play a game and watch a Blu-Ray on my laptop, I'll activate the UV code but most of the time, I just do one or the other. It's a nice service, but nothing I am going to use consistently.