Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Rate The Nightmare On Elm Street Series

I just watched Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy and it really made me start to think about the series again. I will rate from my favorite to least favorite...

A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - 10/10
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) - 8/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 7.5/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 7/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 7/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 6/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 5.5/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - 5/10

I'll also add...

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (2010) - 8/10

This was a very comprehensive (and very long) documentary that delved deep into the A Nightmare On Elm Street universe. I think it was far more informational than either Halloween: 20 Years of Terror or His Name Was Jason.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I would give the original Nightmare on Elm Street an 8.5/10. Part 2 a 6/10. Part 3 a 7/10. Part 4 was terrible , a 3/10. Gave up after that one. I hear New Nightmare is good.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Dream Warriors
New Nightmare
The Dream Master
The Dream Child
Freddy Vs Jason
Freddy's Revenge
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare

Last edited by ilovemovies; 10-12-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:02 AM
This thread has been done to death but I'll bite anyway:

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 6/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 9/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 8/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - 6.5/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 6/10
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) - 9/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 3/10

Only downright terrible one in the series is the remake. That is a godawful piece of shit. And to think, I was actually looking forward to it.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
ELM STREET SERIES

ORIGINAL: A
PART 2: C-
PART 3: B+
PART 4: B-
PART 5: C+
PART 6: C
NEW NIGHTMARE: B+
FREDDY VS. JASON: F
REMAKE: C
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 4/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 8.5/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 7/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - 6.5/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 6/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 1/10
Old 05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Here are mine...

A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - 8/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 5/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 7/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 7/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - 4/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 1/10 (without a doubt on of the wrost fuckin' films EVER made!)
Freddy Vs. Jason (2003) - 8/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 5/10

Also:

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy - 10/10
Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio141 View Post

FREDDY VS. JASON: F

Why do you hate it so much?

Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - 9/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 7/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 8/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 5/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989) - 5/10
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 0/10
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) - 7/10
Freddy Vs. Jason (2003) - 7/10
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) - 4/10
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street: 10/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Freddy's Revenge: 7/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Dream Warriors: 10/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4, The Dream Master: 10/10
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5, The Dream Child: 8.5/10
Freddy's Dead, The Final Nightmare: 7.5
Wes Craven's New Nightmare: 10/10
Freddy Vs. Jason: 8.5/10

My opinion is clearly a bit biased, as I was grown and raised on these films, but each holds a special place in my sadistic heart. Some entries, such as Freddy's Dead, haven't aged as well as I hoped they would. I used to love that flick as a kid. Others, like Freddy's Revenge, I've grown more fond of. Wes Craven's New Nightmare may be the smartest film in the entire series, but The Dream Master will always be my all time favorite film. The nostalgia that movie has is probably greater than anything else I possess. Pretty much sums up my favorite Horror series!

Edit: a nightmare on elm street (platinum dunes) : 0/10
This film was so bad on every level. Structurally it was a mess. There were no interesting characters. The acting sucked as well as the kills. Don't even get me started on how they butchered the characters of Freddy Krueger and Nancy Thompson. Just an awful, awful waste of celluloid.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Here are mine from best to worst.

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
Freddy vs Jason
Fready's Dead: The Final Nightmare
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
Old 07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
My best to worst list is probably biased towards the films I managed to get hold of on VHS most often.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.
A Nightmare On Elm Street.
A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.
Wes Craven's New Nightmare.
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child.
A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master.
Freddy VS Jason.

Last edited by Fenella; 07-19-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Old 07-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Haven't seen Legacy yet, but here's how I would rate them:

1. Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors. 9.5/10
Not only the peak of it's popularity, but the peak of it's creativity. Equal fun and scary, this film is the series at it's best.

2) Freddy vs. Jason. 9/10.
After years of laying dormant in development hell, somehow the makers of this found a common ground that was perfect for these two characters. Freddy scary, and Jason flat out brutal. What more could you ask for with Englund's possible last time donning the latex.

3) Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 8.5/10
The original shocker, that could only come from the demented mind of former humanities professor Wes Craven. At times flat out frightening, this was Freddy at his absolute best: scary as hell. Take away some bad performances and obvious (though decent for its budget) special effects and you have the perfect way to spend a rainy night.

4) Nightmare on Elm Street 4 The Dream Master 7.5/10
My favorite of the series when I was young, this episode suffers from being a big product of the peak of the 80s. Has some good kills, but the over stylized direction of Renny Harlin makes this movie not seem to know whether it wants to be a fantasy film or horror film.

5) Nightmare on Elm Street 2 Freddy's Revenge 6.5/10
Ahhh. What can be said about this often discussed entry that hasnt already been said? A classic example of not knowing what made Freddy tick and a rushed production, this episode brought Freddy into the real world, while surrounding himself with gay metaph....hell, you've heard it all already. Some good ideas (Grady's kill) some bad (Freddy attacking a bbq)

6) Wes Craven's New Nightmare 5.5/10
Wes Craven's attempt at rejuvenating a franchise he created, and felt was run into the ground, about the only thing this episode gets right is a scary makeover for Freddy and a scary call back to the original. Otherwise, this thing's a mess.

7) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 5/10
A reinvention of the original, this film has Jackie Earle Haley donning the fedora, and being the best part of the movie. The problem is he didnt have much to work with, as aside from a scary first kill, this episode has nothing going for it.

8) Nightmare on Elm Street 5 Dream Child 4/10
Ugh. A great heroine in Alice being put through the ringers of pregnancy and fighting Freddy. Some great gothic set pieces dont hide the fact that this is a boring, plotting mess that has no hint of the old Freddy that scared us as kids. Freddy riding a skateboard. Nuff said.

9) Freddy's Dead 2/10
I'll get you my pretty, and your little soul too. Bleh, even the 15 minutes of 3D in the theater didnt keep my 13 year old self bored to tears, and once again not recognizing the comedian they were trying to pass as Freddy in front of me.

Overall, while a great series to grow up on, this series is not something I find myself wanting to revisit as an adult. With the exceptions of 3 and fvj.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 AM

Oh...
and the original
Old 07-20-2011, 07:08 AM
The original is, and will always remain, a classic and definitely the cream of the crop in this series. Although why it even became a "series" is beyond me.

The third (Dream Warriors) was OK, and New Nightmare was OK. As for all of the others - eh. Particularly "Freddy vs Jason". What a waste, and the fact that it was even made still angers me.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 PM
1. NOES-4.5/5
2. NOES 2-3/5
3. NOES 3-3.5/5
4. NOES 4-2.5/5
5. NOES 5-2.5/5
6. Freddy's dead-2/5
7. A new nightmare-4/5
8. Freddy vs. Jason-4.5/5
9. NOES remake-2/5
Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I don't use outta 10 ratings or number.5 ratings. So I'll just do 'em this way:

1. NOES 4
2. Freddy vs. Jason
3. NOES 1
4. New Nightmare
5. NOES 3
6. NOES 2
7. Freddy's Dead
8. NOES 5

I don't consider the "remake" part of the series. While it may have the title, and the supposed character.... It is NOT Freddy Krueger if he's not being played by Robert Englund. I refuse to see the remake. I never have and I never will.

Most remakes I'll give a chance. THIS I'm very adamant about, because Englund IS Freddy, bottom line. You can have anyone in a mask for Michael or Jason. I also feel very steadfast that Doug Bradley IS Pinhead, end of story. Same with Brad Douriff voicing Chucky, those can't and will never be replaced in my mind.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 AM
1.A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) = ****1/2 (outta 5 stars)
2.Freddy vs. Jason (2003) = ****
3.A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)= ***1/2
4.A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) = ***1/2
5.A Nightmare On Elm Street 4:The Dream Master (1988)= ***
6. Freddy's Dead :The Final Nightmare 3D (1991)= **1/2
7.Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994) = **
8.A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 : Freddy's Revenge (1985) = **
9.A Nightmare On Elm Street 5:The Dream Child (1989)= *1/2
Old 10-03-2011, 03:08 AM
1. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984): Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) and her friends seem to all be suffering from the same nightmare of a terribly burned man (Fred Krueger) in red and green sweater, with knives for fingers, who is after them in their dreams. If you die in your dreams, then you die in reality. When one of Nancy's best friends Tina is murdered, she finds herself separating fiction from reality. Is Freddy Krueger just in their dreams, or is he in fact a living force. It is up to Nancy to try and solve the mystery, by trying to stay alive, but most importantly by staying awake. Wes Craven's original masterpiece, still holds up very well today. Dark, gory, unsettling and most importantly scary. Despite some weak performances, shaky dialogue, and a weak finale, this movie still delivers the chills and suspense. Plus, and I can't stress this enough FREDDY IS FUCKING SCARY!!!!!

2. A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors (1987): Freddy Krueger is back, this time terrorizing a group of traumatized teens in a mental institution. It seems these group of youngsters are the last of the offspring to the parents that burned Krueger alive years ago. Through the character of Kristin (Patricia Arquette) these teens are able to discover each of their own hidden dream powers that can be used against Freddy. Also, Freddy's old nemesis Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is back as well. Imaginative and inventive third entry, put the series back on track. I love how they explored the dreamscapes in this one, and how every character was able to discover and use their very unique "dream power," to combat Freddy. Fun and still scary in some places, this entry however mark the beginning of Freddy's transition from dark and scary, to comedic, but it still manages to deliver in spite of Freddy's corny one-liners.

3. A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985): Jesse (Mark Patton) and his family have just moved into 1428 Elm Street, when wouldn't you know it Jesse starts having nightmares about Freddy Krueger. It seems this time around Freddy wants to possess the body of Jesse in order to kill in the real world. Vastly underrated second entry, was rushed into production after the success of the first film. Despite the well-known "gay" subtext, and big mistake of bringing Freddy into the real world (the pool party massacre was beyond dumb!!!) This entry still manages to be rather scary in some places (I loved the opening dream sequence in this one,) features some great make-up effects, and I appluade this one for trying something different, in spite of itself. Finally, Freddy is still scary in this one, even though he is given entirely too much dialogue.

4. A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988): Freddy is brought back to life, via flaming dog piss (????) only to dispose of the leftover teens from the last film. He then sets his sights on the new character of Alice; who has the ability to absorbed different strenghts from everyone of her friends that Freddy kills. Freddy by now has become a horror icon, so it was only natural for this entry to be very flashy, loud, and obnoxious. Gone are the dark-deary dream sequences, only to be replace by MTV carnival ride style dreams, where Freddy has now become your comedic tour guide. Some of the sequences deliver; I love the "roach" motel and the junkyard scenes. However, this entry is just ridiculous in most places. Freddy is revived by flaming dog urine???? WTF!!!! He spouts out beyond corny catch phrases, and now has become a mockery of his former self. However, despite these faults, this entry is still fun to watch, just don't expect the same magic of the past entries.

5. Wes Craven's A New Nightmare (1994): Freddy terrorizes the son of real life Heather Langenkamp, who plays herself in this one. It's a movie within a movie, as the character of Freddy wants to break free from the Elm Street movies, so he can kill in our reality. Wes Craven returns to director's chair for this entry and it's a flawed, yet welcome return. I did like how they brought the dark undertones of the first movie back, by returning Freddy back to his original roots. But, man is this entry BORING in most places. Too long, too convoluted, and contrived. Plus, that fucking little kid got on my nerves!!!!

6. A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989): Freddy's is back once again, terrorizing the dreams of the unborn child of our beloved heroine Alice. Rushed into production after the fourth entry became a big box office draw, this time around the director tired to inject some of the dark-gothic approaches of the first film, however, it's Freddy himself that ruins this one. Everytime, the film tries to push it's boundaries into dark territory, Freddy shows up to ruin the proceedings. (WHAT THE FUCK IS FREDDY DOING RIDING A SKATEBOARD!!!)

7. Freddy Vs. Jason (2003): Two of horror's most recognizable names go head to head finally. I just couldn't rate this entry any higher, being that I wasn't a big fan of it, even when I saw it back in theaters eight years ago. The two horror icons of the 1980s go head-to-head, with Mr. Krueger sitting on the side lines most of the film; he only kills one teenager in this one, the rest of the kills belong to Mr. Voorhees. Appalling acting on all fronts, sloppy direction, non-existent scares, and an incredible corny ending sink this film. Entertaining too watch, if you turn off your brain before hand.

8. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991): By now Freddy has just about wiped out all the children of Springwood, OH, with the possible exception of one. Freddy's backstory comes into play here, as we learn that Mr. Krueger himself had a daughter, who he will try to use in order for him to continue his reign of dream stalking. My most hated film of the series, is beyond groanable and fucking irritating too watch. Freddy has now become a full on cliche, even his make-up in this one sucks the big one. He spits out his terrible one-liners left and right, sucks some unlucky soul into a video game (WTF!!!), power glove included. Too many uneccessary characters survive (why did Lezlie Deane's character survive, god I wanted her bitch character to die so badly!!!) I liked how they explored more of Freddy's backstory, but it transpires into a waste of time as Ms. Talalay seems more preoccupied with shooting a MTV music video than a proper horror film. Plus, Freddy's demise is handled so badly, you just have to wonder why the powers that be couldn't give Mr. Krueger a proper send off.

9. A Nightmare On Elm Street (remake) (2010): I'm at a cross roads to include this remake on the list, being that Mr. Englund is no longer Freddy Krueger. Awful, pointless, MTV remake, features none of the suspense or imagination of Wes Craven's original. Really at the end of the day what was the point of remaking this one. Goes to show that Hollywood has really run out of original ideas. Sad states of affairs.

Last edited by poguesfan; 10-10-2011 at 02:43 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Imho, many of you underrate the 2nd and the 5th parts of the series. Ok, some scenes in those movies are too goofy and silly to make a really terrifying horror film, and Fred doesn't do his best in them. But still, they're innovative and with deep meanings. And while their plot is quite well organised, the acting of the cast is even much better than in the rest of the series!

Now let me rate...

1 (1984) : 9/10. The original movie will always be legendary as the one which invented the idea of Freddy Krueger as child killer. Much impact on dreams + true story/ urban legend make it interesting still, though the almost 30 years old filming doesn't scare many of watchers today... I'm still a bit scared anyway during some imaginative scenes, and just think about the low budget! : ) Plus there's young Johnny Depp for fans.

2 Freddy's Revenge: 8.5/10

Ok, it's a total runaway from some ideas of the original plot, like Krueger contacting via heat. But hey! This was only the second part of the cycle! It's not the fault of its authors that later parts abandoned all of its concepts. And the concepts were NOT that bad, really. Why is Fred attacking a pool party live, without his power of dreams? You omitted the fact that he's just possesed Jesse's body to bring such a possibility. Annoying gay subtexts? All right, but they're really smartly implied here... No one said that Krueger can kill only girls and 100% heterosexual boys : ) and besides, that;s not only a horror but a great psychological movie of the epoch, I think.
I watched it when I was 5 and been scared for the next 5 years of my life, so the film CAN be scary : P remember it's from 1985!
additional + for good acting and music

3 Dream Warriors: 8/10

Ok, that movie still has it! and it's quite popular among the fans of horrors. But there's just too much ingredients put into one bowl in some ways. That's risky and in spite of it everything manages to be even well connected. Still, I don't like the idea of a skeleton fight, Harry Potter's fight - these little cuts are not scary but stupid. Near the end of the film it seems that the director got bored and quickened the tempo at expense of the mood. Good point for inviting old crew: Nancy and her dad, but why do they act so bad?
If not the idea of 'special abilities in dreams' and 'killing one with his or her dirty little secret pleasure/wish', and if not some really moving and in a way modern nightmare scenes from the beginning - this part would be very poor.

4 Dream Master: 6.5/10

Sad to say, this part was supposed to have it all: money, full audiences and a great plot & filming. The last things have been lost somewhere... The movie is toooo looong. Krueger for the first time is not scary at all and appears to be much more of a comedian than a gloomy villain. The death scenes remind me of Mtv videoclips which is not a compliment for a horror movie. Only the kill of Debbie brings some emotions other than amusement or boredom, but it's because of its awful idea rather than scariness.
At some point the movie loses its meaning - it tries to be a fantasy or a psychological one but misses all of it. Still, it was not bad to watch at all, the idea of putting a Nightmare movie into saucy popculture of Mtv (with even a popular singer's intro and cameo) is very intriguing. And thanks for Alice.

5 Dream Child: 8/10

For me, that's a good part. First thing: the Gothic mood and props. Even though Freddy still remains too comic to be very scary, such a background saves the feeling in my opinion. It's not a stupid comedy. There's a thought-provoking concept with a young mother's doubts about her not too much wanted pregnancy. The characters and their deaths are well thought and psychologically deeper than in the previous part. Ok, maybe the 'SuperFreddy' idea is a bit too much and in this one moment the movie gets stupid and unsatisfying. But all of the rest - it works. The idea of Freddy's birth and of him controlling an unborn child of Alice are well filmed and moving. It's even scary in some fragments. And the acting has never been better throughout all the series.

6 Freddy's Dead - 3.5/10

Sorry. Just. Not.
I remember that the scenario concepts about showing Freddy's youth and family life + meeting his only daughter as his tamer had some brilliant glimpses inside. Still, why did she act that bad? And why is Freddy's death so unconvincing? Beaten to death by his daughter? Oh, please... take a better director maybe.
The movie's not that bad in its middle parts, some parts are even 'catchy'.
But I hate it for the idea of Freddy playing a computer game and Freddy riding a broom. How could they do such things to this character?!

7 New Nightmare - 6.5/10

A movie not easy-to-be-liked. The idea with 'a film about making a film' appeared very fresh and interesting concerning a horror movie, esp. a Nightmare one!
I don't like it for being too long (although keeping in suspense for most of the movie works as an idea when finally there come some kill scenes and they're pressing us into our armchairs!). And I would prefer it to be more original, not just feeding on the 'Dream Child' scenario and solutions.

8 Freddy vs Jason - 7.5/10

A good and succesful one but obviously only a pastiche & triubte + Jason gets more scope and attention than Freddy. The same about their fans.

9 2010 Nightmare - 8.5/10

I've watched this movie only 2 times, so difficult to say much about it now :P I'm happy that the new part was made in 'today times' and that it still appeared interesting for many cinema watchers and fans. Pity that Englund left his brand, iconic role! To a man who does his best and a good deal of acting but just can't be THAT Freddy. Both 'Friday' and "Nightmare' reeditions appeared to be good movies for me, but they couldn't outstand the original first parts. Sad? No, I just consider them as honourable tributes.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (8/10)
2. Wes Craven's New Nightmare (7/10)
3. Freddy vs. Jason (7/10)
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (7/10)
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (5/10)
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) (3/10)
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (3/10)
8. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1/10)

Last edited by urbanlegend23; 11-01-2012 at 04:13 AM..
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Am I the only fan who doesn't love Dream Warriors?

It's widely considered the best sequel by most Freddy fans but I think it's the most disappointing after part 5. It has some good visuals and effects but it's pretty bland and boring. The pacing is flat and it lacks any sort of momentum or suspense. The acting is also pretty damn weak. Heather Langenkamp wasn't all that wonderful in the first film, but her performance felt earnest and real. Here she was boring as hell. Her performance in New Nightmare is fantastic though.

Freddy is even boring in Dream Warriors. He's doesn't have much of a presence in this one. He's just kinda there. The ending showdown is also very anticlimactic. As goofy as part 4 is, it's way more entertaining; better acting and characters and Freddy is at least more entertaining. Part 2 is ever so underrated imo. It too has its share of goofy shit (the dancing scene and the bird scene come to mind) but it keeps the dark tone of the first and Freddy is just as freaky. The much talked about gay overtones don't bother me at all. In fact they're some of the more interesting aspects of the film. Jesse is a good protagonist. People automatically diss a male lead in a slasher which is unfair. I liked the kid. The love interest in part 2 is also the most genuine feeling in the whole series.

Part 5 is radically tone deaf. The look and feel of the film is Gothic and sinister while Freddy's comedy act is as strong as it ever was. It's sporadically fun but the characters aren't as engaging as in part 4 and the plot is half baked.
I'm probably the ONLY one in the world who really likes Freddy's Dead. I can totally, 100% see why it's so hated. It's not scary in the least and Freddy's goofball hijinks are so over the top it's unbelievable. But...it's fun as hell. The Looney Toons-esque nature of the film adds to the entertainment value and I actually really like our cast of characters. The effects are good and I really dig the flashbacks to Freddy's past. Cool shit. The 3D effects are horrible though

New Nightmare is just as good as the first film imo. Easily the best sequel. The remake can go fuck itself. I wasn't against it at all. In fact I was hopeful about it. To bad it ended up being a boring, uncreative mess with shitty characters. Haley was decent, but did they really need to make his face half CGI? Come the fuck on people!

A Nightmare On Elm Street 10/10
New Nightmare 10/10
Freddy Vs. Jason 10/10 (A biased rating but I don't a give a fuck)
The Dream Master 8/10
Freddy's Revenge 7.5/10
Freddy's Dead 6.5/10
Dream Warriors 6/10
Dream Child 5/10

Last edited by poopontheshoes7; 04-07-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
1. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) - 10/10
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - 9.5/10
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - 9/10
4. New Nightmare (1994) - 8.5/10
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child (1989) - 8/10
6. Freddy vs. Jason (2003) - 7/10
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) - 5/10
8. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) - 4/10
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - 3/10
Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street - 10/10

ANOES 2: Freddy's Revenge - 5/10

ANOES 3: The Dream Warriors - 8/10

ANOES 4: The Dream Master - 6/10

ANOES 5: The Dream Child - 5/10

Freddy's Dead - 4/10

Wes Craven's New Nightmares - 9/10

Freddy vs Jason - 7/10

A Nightmare on Elm Street: Remake - 3/10
Old 10-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Nightmare on Elm street wasn't really that scary or maybe it didn't scare me that much. I'm more scared of zombie stuff while other people may not be so this one wasn't my kinda horror
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 PM
1)Nightmare on Elm Street
2)Nightmare on Elm Street 3
3)Nightmare on Elm Street 4
4)Freddy's Dead
5)Freddy vs Jason
6)Nightmare on Elm Street 5
7)New Nightmare
8)Remake
9)Nightmare on Elm Street 2
After the first one, I love all of them pretty equally besides 2 and the remake, which was just ok.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 AM
1) Nightmare on Elm Street
2) Freddy vs. Jason
3) New Nightmare
4) NOES 3
5) NOSS 4
6) Remake
7) NOES 5
8) NOES 2
9) Freddy's Dead
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I grew up on the series and loved Freddy as a character. The first one is the best, but by the tiem "Freddy's Dead" came along they were basically mocking themselves and lost all the feeling the early movies had.

Having said that, I always heard "A New Nightmare" was good but never watched it for some reason until about 2 years ago. Wow, I was utterly disappointed in that one. It was really horrible, I don't know why people say it was good at all.

The new one is pretty bad as well. Robert Englund is and always will be the best Freddy.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street [1984] (3.5/4)
2. Freddy vs. Jason (3/4)
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (3/4)
4. Wes Craven's New Nightmare (3/4)
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street [2010] (3/4)
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (2.5/4)
7. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (2/4)
8. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (2/4)
9. Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (2/4)

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Fan BeAm2k View Post
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (2010) - 8/10

This was a very comprehensive (and very long) documentary that delved deep into the A Nightmare On Elm Street universe. I think it was far more informational than either Halloween: 20 Years of Terror or His Name Was Jason.
Did you happen to catch Crystal Lake Memories? It's a new Friday the 13th documentary by the same filmmakers that made Never Sleep Again and its just as in depth as that was raking in over 7 hours of footage. Definitely check it out sometime!

Anyways here's my list:

1.A Nightmare on Elm Street - 10/10
2.Freddy's Revenge - 8.5/10
3.Wes Craven's New Nightmare - 8.5/10
4.Never Sleep Again - 8/10
5.Dream Warriors - 8/10
6.Freddy's Dead - 8/10
7.Freddy v.s. Jason - 7.5/10
8.Dream Master - 7.5/10
9.Dream Child - 7/10
10.The Remake - 2/10