Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
2013 Most Wanted CD

well , i'm not versed in the industry so i can't predict the future BUT some albums scheduled for 2012 didn't come out ( according to Wikipedia ).

Out of the bunch , i'm really looking forward .....

1. Tool
2. Killswitch Engage
3. Slayer
4. Queens of the Stone Age
5. Metallica ( out of curiosity ... Death Magnetic was the best since the Black Album afterall )

source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...elease_in_2012

1 album not on that list is the new Nirvana .... yes ! Dave & Krist + Pat have reformed ... but i doubt it's gonna be any good without Kurt

The "new" Nirvana did play the Sandy relief concert with Paul McCartney as the lead singer .... fucking weird haha !

Cut Me Some Slack
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Definitely the Tool album.

also:

QOTSA
Alice in Chains
Karnivool
Steven Wilson
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM
The Knife (I hope)
Portishead (hahahahahahaha)
Johnny Marr
Queens of the Stone Age
Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM
QOTSA 's music always pop one image in my mind : me + friends running away from the state police on the way to Mexico after robbing a bank in Texas. Add a desert road , a convertible and lots of gunfire
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Yo La Tengo -- Fade
Autre Ne Veut -- Anxiety
The Knife -- Shaking the Habitual

Fuck Buttons
Elite Gymnastics
My Bloody Valentine
The Avalanches (?)
Joanna Newsom?
Caribou?
The National
No Age
Deerhunter
Nicolas Jaar
Old 12-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestrain View Post
Definitely the Tool album.

also:

QOTSA
Alice in Chains
Steven Wilson
Yes... also...

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Pearl Jam
Radiohead (I think I heard there was one coming out.)
System of a Down (?)

Hopefully more Crosses, too

Last edited by Hucksta G; 01-08-2013 at 05:22 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 AM
full 2013 tentative dates for new albums ( up to April )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...elease_in_2013

*Voivod got Blacky back on bass !
*Bad Religion & Iron Maiden 16th studio album
*KSE with new old singer ( i loved Howard but Jesse did the live tour last summer and i didn't notice a difference )
*Alice in Chains .. dunno how talent can overcome the loss of Layne Staley
*Black Sabbath with Ozzy
Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Ohhhhhh MG. One album not on Wikipedia is the new KMFDM due out on Feb 26th 2013.

Prolly not groundbreaking but like a good cup of Mokasspressochino from Starbuck with whipped cream and caramel , it always deliver.

Kunst track list:
1. KUNST
2. AVE MARIA
3. QUAKE
4. HELLO
5. NEXT BIG THING
6. PUSSY RIOT
7. PSEUDOCIDE
8. ANIMAL OUT
9. THE MESS YOU MADE
10. I(heart)NOT

new single Kunst rock the shit out of my brain .... classic kmfdm self-referencial humor (lyrics like KMFDM is kill mother fucking Depeche Mode and throwing album title around haha so awesome )

Kunst : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T-iX41IFxc

bumped to #2 behind the new Tool.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Slayer, Tool and KMFDM for sure - I'd love to see a new release by the Horrorpops too.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
*Alice in Chains .. dunno how talent can overcome the loss of Layne Staley
I Thought Black Gives Way to Blue was an excellent post-Layne album, so am really looking forward to this new one.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I love tool and I eagerly await the next album, but I have to say that i think what's happening with the new album and all the delay is absolute bullshit. Sometimes, I think Maynard needs to shit or get off the pot. He's got too many projects going on, (not all of them music related) and as a result his fans suffer as they wait for new albums that either come after a long hiatus, (tool) or never come at all, (A Perfect Circle) due to his pretentious attitude and constant stalling. Tool's a great band, but it doesn't take 6 fucking years to make a great progressive rock album, which is the usual gap between their albums, (more or less). By the time the new album comes out it will have been more than 7 years since their last effort, 10,000 Days. Time to get your shit together or end the charade for good, boys.

That goes for A Perfect Circle as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Dirty, I don't think the "New Nirvana" is going to be a regular thing. I think it was just a one off gig they did with McCartney (who's a piece of shit & has NO business being associated with the other 3, IMO).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to a 4th potential Flyleaf album with new singer Kristen May, a 4th Alter Bridge studio album, and a possible 9th Our Lady Peace album. Oh and if Metallica releases a new studio disc this year, I'll be all over that as well.

Anyone else want something new from Mudvayne? I never gave too much of a shit for "Hell Yeah", and would like somethin new from the 'Vayne.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Dirty, I don't think the "New Nirvana" is going to be a regular thing. I think it was just a one off gig they did with McCartney (who's a piece of shit & has NO business being associated with the other 3, IMO).
Woah, what?
Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 AM
How to Destroy Angels, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Tool.

There's a few others I'll check out but those are the ones I really want to hear.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:27 AM
As far as confirmed 2013 albums with release dates, I'm most excited for Prisoner of Conscious by Talib Kweli. Been a good while since he put something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
Woah, what?
Everyone knows Lennon and Harrison were the real talents in the band. I think McCartney is fine though. It's Ringo who's the crap member.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
Dirty, I don't think the "New Nirvana" is going to be a regular thing.
i think it is ... they have lotsa new song ( well according to source ... i can't link what i heard on live radio : CHOM 97.7 btw , a new nirvana album is supposed to come out in 2013)

is P.Mcartney a new member ? i don't think so ... that was just a shiny way to come out of retirement and showcase the new song.

I see either Krist taking over vocal or a brand new singer or a bunch of guest singers.

Dave is never gonna sing for Nirvana ... else the NEW version wants to be labeled a sub-Foo Fighter thingy. He did say he was putting FF on hold to concentrate on Nirvana tho.

but yeah ... how does Nirvana survive the loss of Kurt ? i guess we'll find out this year lol
Old 01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korny View Post
Woah, what?
Yeah, McCarteney's a fucking over-rated piece of shit, and HE shoulda been the one who was killed & not Lennon.

Quote:
i think it is ... they have lotsa new song ( well according to source ... i can't link what i heard on live radio : CHOM 97.7 btw , a new nirvana album is supposed to come out in 2013)

is P.Mcartney a new member ? i don't think so ... that was just a shiny way to come out of retirement and showcase the new song.

I see either Krist taking over vocal or a brand new singer or a bunch of guest singers.

Dave is never gonna sing for Nirvana ... else the NEW version wants to be labeled a sub-Foo Fighter thingy. He did say he was putting FF on hold to concentrate on Nirvana tho.

but yeah ... how does Nirvana survive the loss of Kurt ? i guess we'll find out this year lol
It'll be a joke. This is one band that should never reform after the loss of their frontman. And I LOVE Grohl and think he's a musical genius. But what the fuck is the point? Honestly?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
There won't be any new Nirvana, folks. Grohl isn't that fucking stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
I love tool and I eagerly await the next album, but I have to say that i think what's happening with the new album and all the delay is absolute bullshit. Sometimes, I think Maynard needs to shit or get off the pot. He's got too many projects going on, (not all of them music related) and as a result his fans suffer as they wait for new albums that either come after a long hiatus, (tool) or never come at all, (A Perfect Circle) due to his pretentious attitude and constant stalling. Tool's a great band, but it doesn't take 6 fucking years to make a great progressive rock album, which is the usual gap between their albums, (more or less). By the time the new album comes out it will have been more than 7 years since their last effort, 10,000 Days. Time to get your shit together or end the charade for good, boys.

That goes for A Perfect Circle as well.
Thing about Tool seems to me to be that they're in a place where they don't have to bow to the pressure of the marketplace anymore, and can come up with their music organically, take their time. Or not do it at all.

It's frustrating for the fans, yes, but is new music from Tool really going to wow you or change how you look at them? At this point I don't think we can expect some 180 degree stylistic swerve from them. It'll just be good new Tool music, which is all anyone can expect.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 AM
I can definitely see Grohl and Co. finding a capable vocalist for a run of shows this year while Foo is on its hiatus, perhaps even performing some new or previously unheard material..As a musician who has always respected Grohls artistic endeavors and learned a bit about the man as he stands in "real life" through friends in the industry however, I just dont see him being overly zealous/foolish enough to actually begin putting out new records without Kurt...im sure they will make sure the shows are memorable as can be and a fun opportunity (especially for those teens hitting the age of inevitably just now getting into Nirvana..I can only imagine how excited I wouldve been ab this when I was 14) but I just dont see him pursuing an actual re birth of the band as a new song writing, video shooting, album dropping entity without what has always unarguably been the heart and soul of said band.

So to recap:
New albums by Nirvana = Bad idea/highly unlikely

Epic live experience with someone deemed to be an entirely capable replacement on vox, playing all the classics and great old jams and possibly one or two "new" songs = Great idea/highly likely
Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm not saying i want a new Nirvana album or that if one ever came out , it will be awesomer than the Kurt-era. Actually , quite the contrary but i am curious.

maybe it's me expecting a fabulous disaster

my anchor is The Doors ... when they got the The Cult singer to stand in for Jim Morrison. That didn't go well even if Ian had all the qualifications and history tends to repeat itself.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
There won't be any new Nirvana, folks. Grohl isn't that fucking stupid.

Thing about Tool seems to me to be that they're in a place where they don't have to bow to the pressure of the marketplace anymore, and can come up with their music organically, take their time. Or not do it at all.

It's frustrating for the fans, yes, but is new music from Tool really going to wow you or change how you look at them? At this point I don't think we can expect some 180 degree stylistic swerve from them. It'll just be good new Tool music, which is all anyone can expect.
But that's all I want from them, something new. They certainly don't have to reinvent the wheel, nor do I expect them to, but I do think a new release is long overdue. I don't even understand how you keep a band together for this long if you don't write any new music for years or go on tour on a frequent basis. It just boggles my mind how no one has quit the band over this. If I was a member I would probably be thinking uh guys? Are we gonna write some new music or tour or something? Are we just gonna sit on our asses for another 6 or 7 years until we feel like coming out of the woodwork and getting inspired?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
FRENCH MONTANA
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Tool's main discography :

1993 : Undertow

1996 : Aenima

2001 : Lateralus

2006 : 10,000 Days

so 4 studio albums in 20 years .... that is really sloooooooooooow by any standards
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Tool's main discography :

1993 : Undertow

1996 : Aenima

2001 : Lateralus

2006 : 10,000 Days

so 4 studio albums in 20 years .... that is really sloooooooooooow by any standards
Yup, they're the snails of the music industry. Truth is, I like each album, but IMHO none of those albums really justified a 5 to 6 year wait. I've listened to bands that put out music every 2 to 3 years, that to my ears, sound just as impressive. I'm not against the occasional long hiatus either, but doing it every time you put out an album? It gets tiresome...

It has to be said that what's happened with a perfect circle sucks as well. Last year they came back and toured for a bit with one or two new songs. For a moment it looked like they might actually put out a new album, which got me excited. Alas, Maynard commented on how they didn't want to go through the financial expense of producing another record and whatnot. He also said that new material in the form of mp3s may be released individually in the future...eventually...

which probably means never.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Bowies of course! With nick cave and his bunch tailing behind
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowieee View Post
Bowies of course! With nick cave and his bunch tailing behind
Kinda worried the new Bowie record will suck. So much so that I haven't checked out the new song yet.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Most excited for Sevendust's new record Black Out The Sun due out March 26th. Glad bands like them and The Deftones are still kicking around these days.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 AM
I highly doubt there will be a new Radiohead in 2013 but there is Atoms For Peace..got a free download of one track a month ago and I cannot wait to hear more
Old 01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
none for me unless Metallica or Bruce Springsteen release anything.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Black Sabbath for me.

And not sure if Metallica are releasing this year but know they're in the studio at the moment.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 PM
So, no new Tool album this year either? Wonder if Maynard's trying to fuck with people.

Quote:
There won't be a Tool album this year, it seems. Singer Maynard James Kennan told Chile's Radio Futuro the following when asked about the status: "No new disc. Not this year...I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing." Perhaps he was trying to throw fans off the scent and foster the elements of surprise and suspense?
http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/02/06...seCreep.com%29
Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
So, no new Tool album this year either? Wonder if Maynard's trying to fuck with people.

They are coming to tour here in May and said they may play some new songs in an interview I read.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:

He probably is fucking with people, but either way he's an elitist douchebag.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycheoutsteve View Post
He probably is fucking with people, but either way he's an elitist douchebag.
Awesome frontman, though.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
1. U2 (???)
2. Arcade Fire
3. Queens of the Stone Age
4. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
5. How to Destroy Angels
6. David Bowie
7. The National
8. Modest Mouse
9. Atoms For Peace
10. The Black Keys
11. Vampire Weekend
12. Bosnian Rainbows
13. MGMT

Strider
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica

..for now.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 AM

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Specter At The Feast (already leaked, but I'm still waiting for the vinyl release).

Hucksta G - I can tell that this album is far better than Beat The Devil's Tattoo. Check it
Old 02-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted_state View Post
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Specter At The Feast (already leaked, but I'm still waiting for the vinyl release).

Hucksta G - I can tell that this album is far better than Beat The Devil's Tattoo. Check it
Found a link to a download of the song 'Let the Day Begin'--pretty cool. When does this album actually come out? Can't find any info on that.

My favorite BRMC albums will probably always be the first one and 'Howl'.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayzlor View Post
Autre Ne Veut -- Anxiety

This is my favorite album of the year so far. I imagine you've listed to it by now?
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 PM
It was actually the first album I listened to this year! And he's the only artist I've seen live this year, alongside Majical Cloudz.

I haven't given it many spins (at least in comparison to the sublime Majical Cloudz release) since the beginning of the year but I didn't like it as much as I expected. Maybe because I was trying to cram it in before I went to the show so I can sing along like an idiot. This was at Schuba's in Chicago and I recall his show was the week Pitchfork gave him---a somewhat previously unknown quantity or even just Dan Lopatin's roommate---"Best New Music", so I definitely had to get my Karl Malone elbows going on the scenesters, since, hey, I showed up early not to have you arrive late and infiltrate to my front row view.

I'm going to put it back on my musical listening device, RicochetShaw.