Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Dead Space 3

Video Games: First Word on Dead Space 3

Quote:
Source: Siliconera September 27, 2011

You didn't think the nightmare of Dead Space was over with part two, did you?

Electronic Arts will eventually move ahead on Dead Space 3 and some early details have leaked out.

The plot finds Isaac Clarke on Tau Volantis, an ice planet where he battles an enemy referred to as "the hive mind." On the planet he finds, according to Siliconera, "a survivor who is severely injured. Isaac speaks to the near dead comrade who reveals there are other survivors that trekked off to another facility. One of them is Ellie, a key character from the original Dead Space game. Isaac grabs a snowsuit and heads into the blizzard."

There are some spoiler-y details at this link:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/26...etails-inside/
that connect the third game to the second chapter.

No word yet if this is all confirmed, but it does sound cool.
LINK:
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/gamenews.php?id=21171

Lovin' this franchise so far, and if true that plot for the next one sounds great! The Thing anyone?

I say bring it on!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistAh BlistAh View Post
I say bring it on!
Exactly my sentiment. I loved both games, and I'd gladly check out a sequel. As Capcom is fucking up the Resident Evil franchise and wringing every last penny out of customers with unnecessary DLCs, Gold Editions, and re-releases, the Dead Space franchise grows stronger with focus on quality gameplay and great atmosphere.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Absolutely hated the second game. They pulled a Resident Evil 4 on the franchise after 1 game. Where did the atmosphere, scares, claustrophobic, helpless feeling go? Man did part 2 let me down. Endless waves of necromorphs, high powered weapons, and a open atmosphere, does not a Dead Space make.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I picked up the Greatest Hits release of the first one a while age, couldn't really get into it. It was fun enough but it just didn't keep me playing. Perhaps i'll revisit it someday.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
Absolutely hated the second game. They pulled a Resident Evil 4 on the franchise after 1 game. Where did the atmosphere, scares, claustrophobic, helpless feeling go? Man did part 2 let me down. Endless waves of necromorphs, high powered weapons, and a open atmosphere, does not a Dead Space make.
I felt it was the "Aliens" of Dead Space, which I really dug it.

Last edited by Mr.HyDe807; 09-28-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
Well the franchise is only 2 games deep so I guess 50% of Dead Space games are like that. Anyway I thought it was similar enough to the first game without being a carbon copy. While there were larger swarms of enemies that attacked you at once, you actually ran into conflict a lot less often. Whereas Dead Space you'd fight 1-2 enemies per room, in Dead Space 2 you fight 8 enemies every 5 rooms.

The atmosphere was just as creepy and really appreciated that most of the conflict was internal, with Issac being forced to confront the guilt over his wife's death. This video game was really dealing with some heavy themes that would be more at home in a serious psychological drama. I feel like Dead Space 2 was one of the most ambitious survival horror games in years, and for me it succeeded.

The multiplayer was surprisingly fun and addictive. It really blew RE5 versus mode out of the water.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71MZlPqChX4

Looks like everything that was leaked about it is true.

So pumped for Co-op.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM
pa! Dead Space is a game that should be played alone. more action, less horror, no interest
Old 06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
pa! Dead Space is a game that should be played alone. more action, less horror, no interest
Agreed. The reasons I loved Dead Space is because it focused on the horror, isolation, claustrophobia and atmosphere of classic scary movies whereas tired franchises like Resident Evil were shifting towards action and co-op. This news disappoints me greatly.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
At least the coop is optional.

Still not crazy about it. Dead Space 2 was a high point (minus multi player)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
I just plowed through this game since Tuesday, and I would probably say that this is certainly the weakest of the Dead Space trilogy. Not to say the game is terrible. On the contrary, the single player story (I didn't delve into co-op. Next time.) was still enjoyable, though nothing really game-changing with the franchise apart from building guns/health by finding scavenging. I wasn't really a fan of that and used the already made guns I got from the limited edition disc.

I feel the game wanted to be more expansive with the Marker lore, while also keeping the horror elements intact. It's certainly not as terrible as what has happened to the RE series, as everything in the game has pretty much been in the previous Dead Space games. Some are the plot points at times are groan inducing, but Issac's journey actually feels pretty complete when it all comes to an end.

Overall, if you're a fan of the previous two Dead Space games then I would probably recommend it, but if you're not foaming at the mouth for it then I would wait until prices go down before you take a crack at it.