Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > Upcoming Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Official THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Thread (May 2, 2014)

So, we all knew this was coming, but only earlier this week did Marc Webb (director of the first movie) and Andrew Garfield sign on to do the movie.

Not sure if Emma Stone has signed on yet, but she will!

Now there are rumors that Shailene Woodley (from the Descendants and some show on ABC Family called Secret Life of an American Teenager) is possibly signing on to play Mary Jane. Im not a fan of this casting news as i can not stand this chick. Every interview I have ever seen her in she comes off as an arrogant, pretentious cu*t. Hopefully casting her falls through and they can find some other young actress to fill the role.

I was not a fan of the first movie, the first hour was the exact same movie as the first Toby Maguire movie, which I get you have to tell an origin story, but dont bill it as the story never told, when it had been told, all you did was change the location!

The villain was terrible, not Rhys Ifans, that dude is a great actor, but the character of The Lizard, it was the same villain that is in every movie, only this time *GASP* he turns into a Lizard!

Hopefully the second movie can come out and actually be a new and fresh take on Spider-Man with a fleshed out villain.

Last edited by SkyNet; 04-08-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Jamie Foxx to play villain Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - http://wp.me/p2CCWq-2jo
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
I really enjoyed the first one and I'm looking forward to seeing where the character and story goes. I liked the mysterious finale the first one had and with the cast and crew returning, with Jamie Foxx (possibly) on board.

Good stuff.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I wasn't a fan of TMSM, it was easily the most disappointing film of the summer for me. It just dragged and dragged and dragged. THAT being said, I really loved Garfield and Stone in their parts and the sequel has a ton of potential.

Lucy Hale as Mary Jane? Please. Love that girl.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Some sites have reported Jamie Foxx is confirmed as Electro but honestly it seems too straightforward to be true.

They are usually a little more tight lipped about who the villain is until further into production.

Jamie Foxx as a super villain has me pretty intrigued though, but I do kinda wish they'd pick a cooler villain than Electro.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan02000 View Post
I wasn't a fan of TMSM, it was easily the most disappointing film of the summer for me. It just dragged and dragged and dragged. THAT being said, I really loved Garfield and Stone in their parts and the sequel has a ton of potential.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KSP...layer_embedded

This mock trailer basically covers why I did not like ASM.

I do agree that there is potential to be tapped by this franchise but the more they stick to that "Ultimate Universe" crap the more problems they will have.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I was very unimpressed with ASM this past summer. I'm not a huge fan of Garfield's Peter Parker (they nailed the Spider-man witticism's down though) and I preferred the first Spider-Man with McGuire honestly. However, I'll probably end up seeing this one because I am a fan of the character regardless.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I seem to be in the minority in those who essentially loved TASM so I anticipate a sequel greatly.

I can't wait to pick up the 3D Blu of the original next week.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I am so excited for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I am crazy for Spider-Man movies and I just cant wait to it..........

Watch Dragon Ball Z Online , Watch Seinfeld Online
Old 11-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Will not see it. The first one sucked. I hated Garfield. Emma Stone was a waste. I have zero confidence that the producers can do little beyond trying to steal my money. They did not take the character in any sort of a different direction at all. Did any of them even see the new Batmans?
Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Will not see it. The first one sucked. I hated Garfield. Emma Stone was a waste. I have zero confidence that the producers can do little beyond trying to steal my money. They did not take the character in any sort of a different direction at all. Did any of them even see the new Batmans?
Yes, indeed they did, which was the main reason they decided to go for a more gritty approach. I thought including web shooters in the form of an ever changing method as opposed to the organic ones infamous in Raimi's trilogy was a nice departure, Gwen instead of MJ, a better Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I wouldn't say it sucked, it was average, but it was tons better than Spider-Man 3.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
Yes, indeed they did, which was the main reason they decided to go for a more gritty approach. I thought including web shooters in the form of an ever changing method as opposed to the organic ones infamous in Raimi's trilogy was a nice departure, Gwen instead of MJ, a better Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I wouldn't say it sucked, it was average, but it was tons better than Spider-Man 3.
LOL DUDE! Did you just go through all my posts? Stalker.

I liked the organic web shooters better. I can live with the change, but it is a small detail. One thing I did not like is that he was the way he became spiderman. They could not come up with something better. Boring. I did not think this was gritty at all. Yes, it was better than the worst Spidey. The producers should be proud.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I liked the first one and now that they are past the origin story the second one has a lot of promise looking forward to it
Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw 123 View Post
It was really uneven, tonally. Some parts felt dark, some felt like a teenage rom com, and, I dunno, Pete was kind of a dick as Spider-Man. It was a weird movie.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
LOL DUDE! Did you just go through all my posts? Stalker.

I liked the organic web shooters better. I can live with the change, but it is a small detail. One thing I did not like is that he was the way he became spiderman. They could not come up with something better. Boring. I did not think this was gritty at all. Yes, it was better than the worst Spidey. The producers should be proud.
I assume you didn't notice I quoted your post that's exactly above my response?

How else would you prefer Spider-Man to have become Spider-Man? Maybe he's traveling through South Africa and he's bitten by a native spider.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
It was really uneven, tonally. Some parts felt dark, some felt like a teenage rom com, and, I dunno, Pete was kind of a dick as Spider-Man. It was a weird movie.
I thought Maguire's Peter was more of a dick than Garfield's. But your right, it walked the fine line between gritty and just comic book cheese. It reminded me a lot of the GI Joe movie in regards to mixing some sort of realism with over-the-top moments.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
TASM is one of the biggest surprises of the year imo. I loved it. Every single thing about it was an improvement over Raimi's films imo. I can see why some would be let down by it because it does tread the same ground as the 02 film, but it's the way it does it that makes it better imo. I'd go as far as to say I think it's it's one of the best superhero films ever made.

I'm totally excited about the sequel and where they take it. Bring it on!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 AM
TASM only interested me because the main villain ( The Lizard ) was new. While not as good as I expected , it's was ok.

TASM2 will only interest me if they bring new "known" villain to the table ... like Scorpion or Electro. What would really get me going is Mysterio tho.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I think if the Raimi movies didn't exist, this movie would get a lot more love. As it is, I thought that technically it was probably the best Spider-man movie, but they tried nothing new and took 0 risks with it. It was more or less a straight forward remake of a movie from a franchise that ended just 5 years ago. Spider-man has such a huge history and backlog of villains so it was disappointing to see they did nothing new (technically we had never seen the Lizard, but how many times did we have to see the "mentor/adult" in Peter Parker's life turns into misunderstood villain" arc in the past movies?). If the rumors of the Green Goblin being set up through this new trilogy are true, it makes it even more of a disappointment. And Jamie Foxx/Electro as a main villain in the next one just doesn't seem that exciting. Hopefully they have something else planned in addition to that.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Dane DeHaan is Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel; Jamie Fox Confirmed too

Said to be up for the part last month, Dane DeHaan has officially scored the role of Harry Osborn in the upcoming sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man. Director Marc Webb confirmed the news this morning via his Twitter feed with the following post:
Quote:
Marc Webb✔@MarcW
Meet Harry Osborn. @danedehaan. pic.twitter.com/oi4Ql6nQ
DeHaan is best known for roles in films like Chronicle and Lawless and his casting suggests that the sequel will retain the "dark and edgy" take on the young Osborn rather than, as later rumored, a more outgoing and athletic version.

Harry, the son of Green Goblin alter ego Norman Osborn, was in the comics a close friend and classmate to Peter Parker who later became a villain, taking up the Goblin mantle himself. In Sam Raimi's original trilogy, the role was played by James Franco.

DeHaan joins the returning Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone along with Shailene Woodley in the part of Mary Jane Watson. The below press release also confirms that Jamie Foxx has joined the cast and he's expected to play the film's central villain, Electro.

The Amazing Spider-Man sequel hits theaters on May 2, 2014. Here is the official press release on the casting:

Dane DeHaan will join the cast of the next installment of The Amazing Spider-Man™ along side Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx and Shailene Woodley as Columbia Pictures prepares to begin production on the next chapter of the blockbuster franchise, it was announced today by Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, and Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio.

The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be directed by Marc Webb and produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

The casting of DeHaan as Harry Osborn was confirmed this morning in a tweet by Webb (@MarcW) who wrote "Meet Harry Osborn. So excited to have him on board. @danedehaan."

"Dane is an exciting and extraordinary young actor and he is a fantastic addition to our cast," Webb said.

The new film in the Spider-Man saga is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014. Production will begin in early 2013 in New York.

Webb, Garfield and Stone previously teamed on this summer’s blockbuster The Amazing Spider-Man, which has taken in more than $751 million worldwide.

DeHaan caught moviegoers’ attention with his performances in four 2012 releases: Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, opposite Daniel Day-Lewis and Lukas Haas; John Hillcoat’s Lawless, alongside Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy, and Jason Clarke; Bradley Rust Gray’s Jack & Diane, with Juno Temple and Riley Keough; and one of the year’s biggest sleeper hits, the adventure thriller Chronicle, directed by Josh Trank. He began his film career with director John Sayles and actor Chris Cooper in Amigo.

DeHaan next stars in Place Beyond the Pines alongside Bradley Cooper and Ryan Gosling. In addition he will star in Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot, with Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth, about the fate of the West Memphis Three; and John Krokidas’ Kill Your Darlings, with Jack Huston, Daniel Radcliffe, Ben Foster, and Kyra Sedgwick, set in 1944 amidst the Beat Generation.

Mr. DeHaan first came to industry attention with his portrayal of Jesse in the third season of the critically applauded drama series In Treatment, starring alongside Gabriel Byrne. This was followed by a guest arc in the fourth season of the popular horror series True Blood.

In 2010, he received an Obie Award for his performance in Annie Baker’s The Aliens, directed by Sam Gold. The Rattlestick Theater production was cited as “Play of the Year” by The New York Times. Mr. DeHaan made his Broadway debut in with American Buffalo, Robert Falls’ 2008 staging of the classic David Mamet play.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...der-man-sequel
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
So aftert ASM 2 comes out in 2014 and the inevitable ASM 3 a coupla years after. They gonna wait another 5 years after (say 2021) to reboot this franchise once again with yet an entirely NEW cast?

I mean it's so fucking cyclical, it's ridiculous. How much ya wanna bet the next series of Spider-Man movies will be called "The Spectacular Spider-Man"?

Blah.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't really give a shit about a Spider-Man sequel, but Dane DeHaan gives the best performance in my favorite film of the last 5 years (The Place Beyond the Pines). He's a hell of an actor.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't know how I feel about Jamie Foxx being Electro in this. I could easily see him as Shocker.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2929 View Post
How much ya wanna bet the next series of Spider-Man movies will be called "The Spectacular Spider-Man"?
Surprisingly enough, That is what they are gonna call the film. I also wonder what the new Electro might look like..seeing how the character's suit WILL NOT have yellow or Green in it. They are talking about a complete redesign of the Electro suit sort of like what happened with the Green Goblin in the first film.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 AM
The Synopsis for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Columbia Pictures has officially announced the start of production for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and with it comes the full cast and synopsis for the May 2, 2014 release. Here's the announcement:
Quote:
Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...g-spider-man-2
Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM
First production pic from 'ASM2'

Despite Jamie Foxx dropping a few too many details about the plot of The Amazing Spider-Man sequel during promotion for Django Unchained, the follow-up to the 2012 reboot is still shrouded in an awful lot of secrecy. Well, thanks to director Marc Webb, we at least now know for sure that we will be seeing more of Oscorp. We'll have to wait and see whether he continues to drop any more details and hints as production continues, but a plot synopsis and official still of some sort surely can't be too far away at this point. What do you think this mysterious looking device could be?!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=73814

Users on IMDB 'ASM2' Forums are saying that Actor Colm Feore [confirmed] may play 'Vulture' and that Actor Paul Giamatti [who is also confirmed] might be playing the 'RHINO' [ which might be based off the 'Ultimate Spider-Man' comic books]. So far, Colm Feore & Paul Giamatti 's roles have yet to officially be announced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BCXSAnjCIAEz1LI.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	11323  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-06-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruly2 View Post
Columbia Pictures has officially announced the start of production for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and with it comes the full cast and synopsis for the May 2, 2014 release. Here's the announcement:

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah,
Paul Giamati, and Blah

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

I'm in.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Is Marc Webb Teasing a Familiar Foe on the Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Set?

It's the third day of production on director Marc Webb's sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man and he just tweeted a new behind-the-scenes photo that shows off a metallic locker with the message Day 3. #happybirthday.

As revealed yesterday, the set appears to be somewhere in Oscorp labs and fans of Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley's "Ultimate Spider-Man" are likely to draw an immediate association between that locker and the comics' Oscorp lockers in which Peter Parker and Eddie Brock discover the experiment that becomes Venom. Could Webb be revealing an unexpected story arc that will be featured in the May 2, 2014 release or is this just a bit of misdirection? Compare the photos below to decide for yourself.

The "Ultimate" version of Venom was, unlike the classic take on the character, of terrestrial origin. Designed as a cure for cancer by scientists Richard Parker and Eddie Brock, the experiment was never finished until years after both men had died and their children, Peter Parker and Eddie Brock, Jr., discovered the protoplasmic dip in an Oscorp locker.

Venom previously appeared in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, played by Topher Grace. It has been reported that Sony Pictures is looking at creating a separate Venom feature film that may have ties to Webb's cinematic universe.

What is known is that the film will see Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, and Martin Sheen reprising with Jamie Foxx joining as Electro, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, Paul Giammatti as the Rhino and Felicity Jones in an unnamed role.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...man-sequel-set

Note: I have a gut feeling that this movie is gonna go from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to possibly 'The Amazing Ultimate Spider-Man' or even " Ultimate Spider-Man" in terms of the title.. everything from the possibilities of Ultimate Rhino to what the new look of Electro [kind of] fitting the description [what we've been told] of the Ultimate version of Electro points to "Ultimate" being a big part of the story or at least this movie.

What do u guys think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	silverlocker.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	11332   Click image for larger version

Name:	venom-locker.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	11333  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-06-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:

Note: I have a gut feeling that this movie is gonna go from "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to possibly 'The Amazing Ultimate Spider-Man' or even " Ultimate Spider-Man" in terms of the title.. everything from the possibilities of Ultimate Rhino to what the new look of Electro [kind of] fitting the description [what we've been told] of the Ultimate version of Electro points to "Ultimate" being a big part of the story or at least this movie.
I guess that's part of why I didn't really like ASM nor am I looking forward to this sequel. I'm a huge Marvel fan but I really do hate the Ultimate Universe. I couldn't stand the books so it's only natural that any film based in that mythology would turn me off.

Still, I tried to put that aside and enjoy ASM as a film. To me, it fell flat as a stand alone movie. I hope the writing is better this time around whoever they hammer in to the plot. I really do like the cast. At this stage, the cast and the potential coolness of the character itself are the only two things positive going for this franchise.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Paul Giamatti as Rhino is stupid, I hope he is playing someone else
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Venom again?

Ah, too slow.

Last edited by electriclite; 02-07-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Marc Webb Teases The Amazing Spider-Man 2's New Costume

Production continues in New York today on director Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and, following his pattern of tweeting hints about the 2014 sequel, Webb has just revealed a brief tease of the new Spidey costume in the form of a Telly video* and the hashtag #thebettertoseeyouwith. Check it out below!

It's hard to tell exactly how much of a departure the look will be from the one featured in last year's blockbuster, but the shape of the eye is definitely new.

"Bigger eyes," Webb said about the new design last November. "Gnarly web shooters."

Time will tell how long we have to wait to see the new outfit in full, but check back for new information as soon as it becomes available.

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) finds, life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Also starring Martin Sheen, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giammatti, Felicity Jones and Colm Feore, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...2s-new-costume

Is this a first hint of DARK SPIDER-MAN? And what does this video have to do with ELECTRO?

I THINK THAT EACH TIME THE SCREEN FLICKERS [IN THE VIDEO ABOVE]..ELECTRO IS LAUGHTING

added screengrabs from the video above
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-02-14-21h03m00s216.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	11402   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-02-14-21h03m05s11.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	11403   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-02-14-21h03m08s40.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	11404   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2013-02-14-21h02m55s162.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	11405  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-14-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
First FULL look at THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

Following a tease by director Marc Webb himself last week, we now have your exclusive first look at the costume that will be featured in next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Check it out below!

As Webb promised last November, the costume features much bigger eyes and a number of alterations to color and texture throughout. This is quite arguably the closest any of the films have come to matching the design from the comics, especially Mark Bagley's take in Ultimate Spider-Man. A good visual comparison is this photo from last year's The Amazing Spider-Man, featuring Spidey in a similar pose.

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) finds, life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Also starring Martin Sheen, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giammatti, Felicity Jones and Colm Feore, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100746
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	spidermansmallnew.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	11465  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-25-2013 at 06:56 AM..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Dane DeHaan Bulking Up for The Amazing Spider-Man 2

With The Amazing Spider-Man 2 already well under way in New York City (we just revealed the Spider-Man new costume!) one of the film's newcomers, Dane DeHaan is still getting ready for his part. DeHaan has been cast as Harry Osborn in the sequel and in an interview with The New York Times, he revealed that he's bulking up big time for the film.

"I’ve been preparing. Right now it’s just about getting all my work done and bulking up a little bit.
I’ll start shooting fairly soon in New York. I work out incredibly intensely six days a week and I eat every
two hours. Mostly proteins and veggies. I consume at least 3,000 calories a day. I’ve already gained seven
pounds in six weeks!"

With DeHaan putting on muscle for his role it stands to reason that we may see him showing up as either the Green Goblin or another villain from the Spider-Man mythos.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100789
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Following a tease by director Marc Webb himself last week, we now have your exclusive first look at the costume that will be featured in next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Check it out below!

As Webb promised last November, the costume features much bigger eyes and a number of alterations to color and texture throughout. This is quite arguably the closest any of the films have come to matching the design from the comics, especially Mark Bagley's take in Ultimate Spider-Man. A good visual comparison is this photo from last year's The Amazing Spider-Man, featuring Spidey in a similar pose.

Also starring Martin Sheen, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giammatti, Felicity Jones and Colm Feore, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 hits theaters May 2, 2014.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100746
Glad they're going back more to the original suit. I really didn't like the new one at all.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I wonder if in this film we'll finally learn who was in the cell at the end of the first film, and if we'll actually see Norman Osborn's face
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM
First look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane.

Here is your first look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane.. as well as some other new pictures including what looks like to be new web shooters..

Electro in the film will be seen as "a "nobody" who seems to initially idolize Spider-Man. "

last image is from here: https://twitter.com/MarcW/status/306445955178311680
" Dont Ask"

.....WTF?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sp2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	11484   Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2284452-184AB50C000005DC-664_634x712.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	11485   Click image for larger version

Name:	webshooters.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	11487   Click image for larger version

Name:	91584pcn-spider.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	11489   Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC2-P2CMAAyR4B.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	11490  

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-26-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Chris Cooper joins 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' as Norman Osborn!!!

Chris Cooper has rounded out the cast of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

Cooper joins Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, who reprise their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, along with Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giamatti, Felicity Jones and Dane DeHaan.

Marc Webb will return to direct, with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing the sequel, which is skedded to swing into theaters in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Cooper will play Norman Osborn in the sequel.

Plot details are unknown at this time.

The Untitled Entertainment repped Cooper recently wrapped production on Weinstein's "August: Osage County."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118066613/

[update]

"It is unclear whether Cooper will make his villainous turn in this film or in a sequel.
Osborn starts out as a mentor to the superhero before turning bad."
- The Hollywood Reporter

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-27-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
I mildly enjoyed the first one...but I still feel like this is all happening so quickly. Spider-Man 3 was barely a half decade ago, and were already into production on The Amazing Spider Man 2....I hope Webb can really up the ante in the sequel, but I feel as though I'd be so much more excited for these films if they would of given the two franchises another 5 years between each other...

Hopefully this one kicks me in the face with awesomeness.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM
what if SYMBIOTE was in this and not Venom?

Im talking in reference to ELECTRO.

The "Ultimate" version of Electro has the villian in a Black,rubber suit.
What if Jamie Foxx's Electro suit happened to be made entirely of the Symbiote?
It would achieve the Ultimate Electro look:

or is ELECTRO final form [like Sandman in SM3?] like this

I could go way out on a limb and say that there is a possibility that Aleksei Sytsevich's alter ego
'Rhino' suit made of Venom? Think about it...

Last edited by Ruly2; 02-27-2013 at 05:45 PM..