Old 01-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Embedding Youtube

Hey JB. Pretty sure this was raised previously. Are we able to embed youtube videos in the forums. If so, how? If not, why? It's a feature that's readily available in other forums (albeit mainly music sites) and rather convenient.

Cheers
Old 01-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Yes. I concur. All we need added is [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] tags
Old 01-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I've been wanting this for some time. I really enjoy sharing the videos I make with the schmoes but seeing a link is just not very compelling for people so they don't bother clicking. I would love to be able to embed videos so they can see a screen cap and enjoy the video without leaving the website.

JoBlo seems pretty adamant in not including this feature, he usually encourages us to post videos on MFC instead.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyJoeG View Post
JoBlo seems pretty adamant in not including this feature, he usually encourages us to post videos on MFC instead.
Considering how easy it is to set this up (I know from experience on multiple occasions), it is pretty silly not to have this option on a message board in 2012. There really is not a reason to deny the users this option even if you are trying to force them to the MFC site that many of us do not and will not use. Just laziness I guess or stubbornness in thinking they know what is best for us.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I am going to stick my neck out here in defense of Berge. While I do believe that YT tags are fairly simple to implement on this forum, I also know for a fact that Berge and his staff are busy little bees most, if not all of the time. Being that as it may, I am pretty sure that they would be kind enough to add this awesome little feature to the discussion forums in due time. But I am with you guys 100% on adding this feature, we just have to be patient I guess. And seeing as this subject has been brought up before. Not only by Davey, but also by others was well, including myself. I feel that one way or another it will be addressed by the JB team.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
True some people working on the boards might be busy, the web dev person (or team) are the ones falling down on the job. Not sure if Jo himself has a hand in the actual design and implementation but who ever is doing it is really not doing the site justice by adding features like this that will keep it up to date and entertaining. Rule #1, never force a user on your site to click a link taking them away from YOUR site.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 AM
I'm for it. I think it's long overdue. Doesn't really hurt to enable it, I can do without signatures cause they just clutter the forums, but an embed option is cool to have.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Would appreciate a response, even if it's "never gonna happen"
Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 AM
bump
Old 03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Well maybe if you want a reponse quickly you could always Pm joblo on this
Old 03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl View Post
Well maybe if you want a reponse quickly you could always Pm joblo on this
I think the best way is a direct email to Berge himself.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
I think the best way is a direct email to Berge himself.
Won't hold my breath GOW. Berge checks these posts as evidenced by replies in the forum. As much as I love the guy for his dedication to the site and to Salma Hayek, it appears he's not keen on this...

Last edited by hrdude; 03-19-2012 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Any update on this? I see Joblo replying to other questions here but this gets ignored. Why is this like the last site on the interwebs not to allow video embeds? A site that revolves around movies kinda almost relies on letting the users post clips as they talk about them.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 AM
I've asked this a few times on this forum.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113504
http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139071

I don't think this site or the host has the capabilities to embed youtube clips. I think we would have to move to a new board to make it possible.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creekin111 View Post
I don't think this site or the host has the capabilities to embed youtube clips. I think we would have to move to a new board to make it possible.
Just did a quick check and the board does have the ability, the host wouldn't really matter. This is just a lack of installing a feature EVERY user wants.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Haven't posted for while, and this is one of the reasons why. Lack of response on a function at most schmoes would apprecate. Meh, probably explains why these forums have gone downhill in the last few years.

Having said my piece, it's Joblo's pregotative to decide what's what and I have no issue with that.